Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Al! posted:

yall ever play bahamut lagoon

I played the first few hours of it using one of the early 2000s fan translations that seemed to interpret the old sage guy in your party as a pederast who is very horny for the main character and I still don't know if that was intentional or not but I have not touched it since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

that case rules so much

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i enjoyed feeding various things to dragons, causing them to become psychotic, useless wrecks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dongicus posted:

that case rules so much

the whole second half of GAA2 is amazing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

that case rules so much

every case in DGS2 is beyond ftw, even the first

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
basically the only issue i had was the same thing that happens in AA1 where van zieks rules so its a slight bummer to not have him in the prosecution seat for the climactic case though he does a lot of cool poo poo in the last trial

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also, Chrono Cross is a beautiful mess. Best visuals and soundtrack of the PS1 era married to an incomprehensible story and 500 characters whose entire personality is "has an accent".

Also, Also the combat system had a criminally small number of double/triple techs and those were the best and coolest part of Chrono Trigger!

I adamantly refuse to believe Chrono Cross wasn't a completely unrelated game that was turned into a CT sequel at the 11th hour. Yes, I know several of the developers have said in interviews it was meant to be a sequel from the start, I just think they're lying their asses off.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

anytime phoenix wright talk happens, someone should post the im gei video. you know the one.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Whenever I see PW, I remember that one post someone made that said you can get pregnant from anal, and then someone else made one of those PW videos from all the ensuing posts

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

basically the only issue i had was the same thing that happens in AA1 where van zieks rules so its a slight bummer to not have him in the prosecution seat for the climactic case though he does a lot of cool poo poo in the last trial

My one fanfiction desire is that it would have been nice if van Zieks got what Edgeworth did in AA3 and there was an extended part where he is more or less cool with the good guy cast. It could have also have possibly helped with giving Redacted more screentime than like 2.5 cases.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Blarghalt posted:

I adamantly refuse to believe Chrono Cross wasn't a completely unrelated game that was turned into a CT sequel at the 11th hour. Yes, I know several of the developers have said in interviews it was meant to be a sequel from the start, I just think they're lying their asses off.

it was OP

Masato Kato was the main writer for both games. a lot of stuff from Radical Dreamers ends up in Cross. also some of the best stuff in Cross ties in to Trigger imo (the bit with Miguel especially)

it's a weird game but I do believe it was meant to be a sequel from the start

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

A Bystander posted:

Whenever I see PW, I remember that one post someone made that said you can get pregnant from anal, and then someone else made one of those PW videos from all the ensuing posts

that's the one.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that's the one.

It took me a moment to realize after I hit submit that that was the username

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
first time i played chrono trigger was the ps1 port lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

euroshopper posted:

same here

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

it was OP

Masato Kato was the main writer for both games. a lot of stuff from Radical Dreamers ends up in Cross. also some of the best stuff in Cross ties in to Trigger imo (the bit with Miguel especially)

sorry, my brain refuses to accept this information. You might as well try to get me to comprehend a new color

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Paperhouse posted:

it was OP

It felt like they knew they couldn't just do "Chrono Trigger 2" because it'd never be as good, so they needed to do something extremely different.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

It felt like they knew they couldn't just do "Chrono Trigger 2" because it'd never be as good, so they needed to do something extremely different.

Masato Kato posted:

We didn't want to directly extend Chrono Trigger into a sequel, but create a new Chrono with links to the original. Yes, the platform changed; and yes, there were many parts that changed dramatically from the previous work. But in my view, the whole point in making Chrono Cross was to make a new Chrono with the best available skills and technologies of today. I never had any intentions of just taking the system from Trigger and moving it onto the PlayStation console. That's why I believe that Cross is Cross, and NOT Trigger 2.

still waiting on Chrono Break

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

The one really objectively good and funny bit about Cross is how the overarching plot of the game is literally Lavos being depressed he got his rear end beat by a bunch of teenagers

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

euroshopper posted:

same

in the UK they never released either game and I bought an imported "Final Fantasy Chronicles" from ebay which was FF4 and Chrono Trigger for Playstation.

my parents shouldn't have let me do it tbh, i could have been normal

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the loading times were too long

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

wow your parents let you use ebay? I'm jealous

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

has anyone itt played the recent translation for Dynami Tracer on satellaview? it's based on the same engine as radical dreamers or chrono trigger or however the chain there goes, the game itself's very brief encouraging replayability with any of the protagonists on its cover. look at them

while you go on your adventure, you run chances of coming across the other characters you didn't select, each goon seeing out their own motives. greatly recommending it to chronolovers and jrpg likers alike

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

tonberry up there havin the time of his life

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Psycho Landlord posted:

tonberry up there havin the time of his life

As he should

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

bill is short for billiam

There is a youtuber with this name who has this running joke to ask the viewer to watch his Lost videos. Two of them are six and a half hours long with another two coming in and three hours and three and a half hours. If I wanted to spend 19 and a half hours of my life watching videos about Lost I'd just watch Lost.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Leal posted:

There is a youtuber with this name who has this running joke to ask the viewer to watch his Lost videos. Two of them are six and a half hours long with another two coming in and three hours and three and a half hours. If I wanted to spend 19 and a half hours of my life watching videos about Lost I'd just watch Lost.

I have watched all of his videos about Lost. I have never seen a second of Lost. I don't know why.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Leal posted:

lol gross

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

American McGay posted:

This just reads like the game sucks balls and you’re embarrassed that you like it lol.

No it's just a hard game to get through, emotionally.

Some pretty good jokes, though. But I start tearing up thinking about the ending and hooboy

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
informing everyone that That DICK! has promised to play Chrono Trigger but has only seen the title screen

we gotta keep him accountable

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I only have room in my heart for one Sad indie rpgmaker game and that is Omori

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a good title screen in the top 10 of title screens

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I respect this choice

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its a good title screen in the top 10 of title screens

it gets even better if you let it sit for a minute

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Omori may have some severe pacing issues but hoo boy the payoffs

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

there's some real good sad indie RPGs out there

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Don't understand how anyone can do the hikki route after finishing the game. Depraved souls

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Beating omori ruined the rest of my week. I felt awful and weird. I mean that as high praise

Never really played a game that caused such a awful mounting feeling of dread, not from spooky game play but just from slowly realizing the situation the protagonist was in

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Runa posted:

there's some real good sad indie RPGs out there

lisa...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Don't understand how anyone can do the hikki route after finishing the game. Depraved souls

It's insane. Especially the added content for it on the console version. Took a peek at a summary of it and was like..This would destroy me lol.