Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Bussamove posted:

Well, more of a "found in magical ice and thawed out" day. :v:

Caelus/Stelle could have a similar event on the anniversary every year, since that's their "birthday". Or at least the day they got 3D printed and had space cancer shoved in them.

There's an implication the shell existed and was interacting with Kafka before the space cancer insertion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

More than implied. Blade outright states that we worked directly with Kafka, and we were her longest serving partner. The only questions are, did the stellaron overwrite our previous consciousness? Or did the trailblazer just reincarnate with amnesia?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah apparently the Trailblazer was a Stellaron Hunter, or at least close to being one before the events of the game and was trained by them, before they got given the stellaron and amnesia by Kafka, told they won't remember anything except her and to trust and follow the people who find them; March 7th and Dan Heng. That's why Kafka and Silver Wolf are pretty friendly to the Trailblazer despite being enemies, they probably see them as an old friend. Blade is just being Blade and is 2edgy4friends and we dunno what their relationship with Sam was like, but it is interesting that Sam remarks on Acheron and Black Swan but not the Trailblazer right before the boss fight with him.

Of course if you skipped Kafka's companion quest and didn't ask those questions, or she lied to you about them then you wouldn't know any of this. But there's resources online to see which answers she gives you are true and which are a lie and the above is true.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 7, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And of course, March's birthday is being celebrated with an online discussion that can get you a custom user avatar. Head on over to Hoyolab for this riveting reward.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, birthday art:

https://images.app.goo.gl/CozC7vMJwSJWnrsu6

Cute wallpaper.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I just hope she doesnt need to get stabbed to receive a 5* glow-up version (because of course she will at some point)

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

"Check out this awesome move! *blam blam*"
*sniff* our girl is growing up. She knows to double-tap to make sure the job is done.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

oh she gets mad at us for repeating everything and yet here she is eating a cake with her eating a cake on it?

hypocrite :colbert:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I like that the crown is being lowered by both of The Trailblazers, and pom pom holding out a present is just adorable even if you can only see their hands/arms/stubs.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Coming back after a while and trying to figure out various things, please help there's so much lol

Does level affect damage you deal to enemies, if they're higher level than you? Is break affect affected by enemies being higher level?

I'm not trying to go down the speed rabbit hole yet, (too many characters to build) but does Seele being 115 and then shooting up to 140 or whatever count as her having higher speed than Bronya (138 speed) when running them together? I know it messes up that first turn, but is it just kindof yeah, that's the start and then keep Bronya acting after Seele as best as you can after?

Should dot characters alternate between applying dot's and basic attacking, if the dot their skill applies is still at full stacks? A skill reapplying stacks doesn't do anything other than skill damage being higher than basic damage, right?

My Bronya is mostly leveled/traced, would Tingyun e6 or Asta e3 be better to focus on as a second harmony? I've got Seele, Blade, Kafka, Black Swan, Luocha, Fu Xuan, Dr. Ratio, Silver Wolf, Bailu, and Welt. They're all at 70 except Welt, and somewhat traced out roughly in that order. MoC ~9 and PF 4 are brutal walls I'm trying to figure out how to clear to any decent degree.

Is Welt just bad? Like, his kit seems cool, but slowing enemies down doesn't seem super important when the MoC and PF are both more of a DPS check than a survivability check.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

welt is decent. and his ult's imprisonment can completely deny enemy actions which can prevent shields

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Coming back after a while and trying to figure out various things, please help there's so much lol

Does level affect damage you deal to enemies, if they're higher level than you? Is break affect affected by enemies being higher level?

I'm not trying to go down the speed rabbit hole yet, (too many characters to build) but does Seele being 115 and then shooting up to 140 or whatever count as her having higher speed than Bronya (138 speed) when running them together? I know it messes up that first turn, but is it just kindof yeah, that's the start and then keep Bronya acting after Seele as best as you can after?

Should dot characters alternate between applying dot's and basic attacking, if the dot their skill applies is still at full stacks? A skill reapplying stacks doesn't do anything other than skill damage being higher than basic damage, right?

My Bronya is mostly leveled/traced, would Tingyun e6 or Asta e3 be better to focus on as a second harmony? I've got Seele, Blade, Kafka, Black Swan, Luocha, Fu Xuan, Dr. Ratio, Silver Wolf, Bailu, and Welt. They're all at 70 except Welt, and somewhat traced out roughly in that order. MoC ~9 and PF 4 are brutal walls I'm trying to figure out how to clear to any decent degree.

Is Welt just bad? Like, his kit seems cool, but slowing enemies down doesn't seem super important when the MoC and PF are both more of a DPS check than a survivability check.

Welt can be really good with the right support but like Jing Yuan his niche is something that isn't really in high demand

Tingyun is a fantastic 2nd harmony to go alongside Bronya, as she's SP positive and her energy regent ult is great for Seele. Asta would go well with a DoT team to boost everyone's Atk and Spd up

For DoT teams I'd always skill with Kafka as denonating DoT is super powerful, Black Swan can be SP neutral although her max stacks are so high you're incentivesed to keep using her skill too

Is your Bronya E2? It sounds like Seele's speed is getting boosted by the skill there, on E2 Bronya you can't really speed tune anymore due to that screwing it up, so just build both as fast as possible

Levelling affects damage because of your stats, and higher level enemies will then have higher defence / damage RES, so yeah level people up fast as possible once you're at Equiblirium 6 or whatever.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Thanks!

Nah, my Bronya is e0, she's just rolled a few speed substat rolls and I have her on speed boots with the speed set bonus. I did just get her light cone so that's sweet. I've got her on a purple er rope still so the cone er is fantastic.

Nice, so Welt prolonges the weakened phase, and Asta would buff Kafka/Swan particularly well.

Should I focus on getting someone to 80 for the stats, or getting their traces to x level first? I've been getting them to the point they need purple mats for traces, then slowing way down on traces to focus on level or just leveling okish main stat relics. Like, a lot of their relics are level 9-12, but not good since relic farming isn't as sure as permanent +stats from character level.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Levelling your character and LC should be first priority, as that manages your base stats

Then get your traces up to level 6 or so and get some decent relics sorted, as that will manage your Crit rate / dmg ratio and the bonuses to stats you get.

After that I'd then focus levelling up traces further, but usually by that point there's a new character on the treadmill

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I think there's a slight damage penalty in general for being lower level than the enemy.

But besides that, Break damage is affected pretty much only by break effect, level, and enemy defense, so for characters where that's important (Silver Wolf off the top of my head) you absolutely want max level asap.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SB87P52BTVQ3

code for 50 gems and 10k creds that worked for me

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Meowywitch posted:

SB87P52BTVQ3

code for 50 gems and 10k creds that worked for me

Cheers m8

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Captain France posted:

I think there's a slight damage penalty in general for being lower level than the enemy.

But besides that, Break damage is affected pretty much only by break effect, level, and enemy defense, so for characters where that's important (Silver Wolf off the top of my head) you absolutely want max level asap.

Other good breakers are Sampo and Asta and Welt. And Guinaifen, I guess.

Welt is great. He's just greedy if you want him to contribute for damage.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i said I liked some character's visual designs in the survey

the survey then proceeded to quiz me on every single character, asking me which I liked and what aspect

if we get more characters that look like DHIL, Kafka or Tingyun or you can blame me partially I guess :ohdear:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

I just used all 10 fuels trying to get a single better Relic piece for Jingliu and I didn't get anything usable in any slot. this game sucks

Salvage everything, focus something.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Excelzior posted:

i said I liked some character's visual designs in the survey

the survey then proceeded to quiz me on every single character, asking me which I liked and what aspect

if we get more characters that look like DHIL, Kafka or Tingyun or you can blame me partially I guess :ohdear:
How dare you ask for more women wearing actual clothes?! Well, Tingyun notwithstanding.

I did much the same.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

unruly posted:

How dare you ask for more women wearing actual clothes?! Well, Tingyun notwithstanding.

I did much the same.

I didn't care much for the typical Luofu dress she wears, but I want more Foxians :shrug:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Himeko's numbers kind of look like rear end, especially at e0. Is it worth taking anything to 10? I was planning on taking her talent there, at least.

I really kind of hate how rear end both Himeko and Welt are. I get the reasoning, but some crit for Himeko and hit rate for Welt would have been nice. They'd be a bit less demanding to build for.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 8, 2024

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Himeko isn't bad, she's just situational

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

As long as it's fire weak she's great in MoC.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I had a Himeko

I have her cone!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't think she's bad. I've wanted her pretty much since the beginning. She's a lot fun. But her having effect res is only there to sabotage her and is a bit rear end.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

As long as it's fire weak she's great in MoC.

Doing triple spins with her, Herta, and Argenti is great. :D

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Bad Video Games posted:

Himeko's numbers kind of look like rear end, especially at e0. Is it worth taking anything to 10? I was planning on taking her talent there, at least.

Himeko's actually straight fire in Pure Fiction, especially if you pair her up with Herta. If you do that, then you'd want to 10 both her ultimate and her talent for maximum effect. I also thought she was kind of rear end when I got her near release but now she's pretty much on my team somewhere in every PF.

The current PF is even more obscene for her since it makes her FUA devastate entire waves.

Pure Fiction has done so much to make Erudition characters shine it's insane.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I have Himeko at e2 and she's performing very well for me. I run Himkeo + Topaz + Asta as my fire team and they have no problem with MoC so far ( though I'm behind on this current period). She's not as strong as a limited 5* but she's still a 5*.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

tangentially, i hit 300 on normal banner a while ago but i already have e1 bronya (who has since been benched for sparkle eheu), and i can't decide on who i want. realistically it only boils down to either gepard or himeko

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Himeko is great, picked her up with my guarantee and she’s been destroying PF ever since.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

If you don't have Fu Xuan and don't plan on getting Aventurine, Gepard is honestly pretty great even in MoC 12, although I do have him at E2. Otherwise as stated, Himeko is able to rock through Pure Fiction if you're struggling with that mode.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Bad Video Games posted:

I don't think she's bad.

I think people got the impression you’re saying she’s bad when you called her “rear end”

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

I think people got the impression you’re saying she’s bad when you called her “rear end”

I said her numbers are rear end. Her modifiers aren't the greatest. And she gets a conditional crit bonus as a major trace, while also getting loving effect res traces. Like the character or not, the devs made her kit a bit poo poo. She does st least make up for it with a good bit of attack and fire damage.

She's a lot of fun and she's great in Pure Fiction. I can't wait to try her out in MoC also. I just wanted to know if her numbers supported taking anything to 10 and Danakir answered that.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

while also getting loving effect res traces.

It's so she can use her FUA if she's targeted with CC. Not totally useless.

Anyway I get why people complained about her at launch but she is part of the literal best/meta/OP/etc team for PF (himeko, Herta, Ruan Mei, whatever) so it's hard to take someone saying "her kit sucks" seriously.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes great in half the endgame content and her kit is poo poo

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It's so she can use her FUA if she's targeted with CC. Not totally useless.

If that was the intent, then they could have given her a CC trace like half the destruction characters. 10% eff res ain't poo poo.

Endorph posted:

shes great in half the endgame content and her kit is poo poo

Half the endgame content that was designed to make her and Herta usable. Let's not pretend that anyone except Eimi and a handful of other people viewed Himeko as anything less than garbage before Pure Fiction debuted.

I like Himeko. I think she's great. I also think that parts of her kit are nonsense and worthless. The 2 are allowed to coexist.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Half the endgame content that was designed to make her and Herta usable. Let's not pretend that anyone except Eimi and a handful of other people viewed Himeko as anything less than garbage before Pure Fiction debuted.

Why does it matter if the content was designed for her? It's still half the endgame content. While I wouldn't say she was garbage before then, it's also not really relevant, except that it may have affected how people prioritized building her. It's not like they're going to remove PF or something.