Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

zoux posted:

The campaign isn't finished. But yeah, the other things are fine.

Oh really? People sure get confusing with their version numbers...I thought something like that would be done with 1.0. How does it end currently? Does it feel satisfying or is it abrupt? When the campaign is eventually finished, how would we get into the new content: would you just start over anew or would the character be easily integratable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just finished it. The ending makes sense but there are loose threads

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

FutureCop posted:

Oh really? People sure get confusing with their version numbers...I thought something like that would be done with 1.0. How does it end currently? Does it feel satisfying or is it abrupt? When the campaign is eventually finished, how would we get into the new content: would you just start over anew or would the character be easily integratable?

No word on how EHG will do that (I don't think there's even an ETA for the rest of the campaign, so I doubt any sort of integration plan is finalizaed), but the thing about how the campaign and its rewards are laid out is that you don't have to do every single quest to get them all. There's X number of passive points and Y number of idol slots the campaign hands out, and it has many more of those numbers of quests that reward those, so they could just have the new parts of the campaign be more opportunities to get those. The current final boss does give out +1 to all attributes, but that's not super important (hell, I still haven't done it yet, although now that I'm level 83 I should just stomp the final act of the campaign to get it).

Plus the game has a few skips (not in level, just in content) to where on your first character you can go straight into the endgame area pretty drat early, and even earlier on subsequent characters, so they have some flexibility as to how they implement the rest of the campaign.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 7, 2024

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

FutureCop posted:

You fight a big bad but the bigger bad escapes. So there's some level of resolution but there is also clearly more to go.

New campaign content you would just pick up from where you left off. Post campaign you get dumped into a separate "End of Time" zone to do end game stuff. So as they add more campaign levels you can simply port to where the new area is and continue.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
My understanding is that current end of the campaign was planned and they intend on adding the rest through a future cycle and I'm OK with that.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

A Moose posted:

I do have some questions about afflictions. The guide says I want "chance to apply Damned on hit" since it'll get converted to Bleed, so wouldn't it just be better to have bleed in that slot?

Chance to apply damned on hit is a prefix that goes on helmets/chests - 77% is the max t5 roll. It competes with the shared you+minion chance to bleed on hit - 45% is the max t5 roll.
The other chance to bleed on hit is a suffix that only goes on melee weapons.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did the beast master wolves build. Waaaaaaaayy too many buttons. I was hitting 5 routinely. Going to try something with less buttons

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

How do people feel about flame reave spellblade? Maxroll seems conflicted about it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ghostlight posted:

By default Steam's patch process is kind of loosey-goosey as it tries to schedule them based on some weird calculation of network traffic, computer activity, and how recently you played the game. You can right-click on the game and set it to High-Priority Updates in the properties and in my experience that will grab updates immediately rather than "as soon as possible".

Thanks, went in and did that, and we'll see how it goes. It wasn't a huge deal to manually stop/restart Steam to pick them up, but that only works when I happen to know that a patch was published!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Activate posted:

How do people feel about flame reave spellblade? Maxroll seems conflicted about it.

I play shatter strike spellblade & while I'm going to at least try flame reave (because I have 4x 3lp sunreaths) I'm expecting it to perform about the same (~600 corruption cap) because it's Pretty Melee and doesn't have insane ward generation

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

gnoma posted:

As long as your resists are over 50% you are okay going into empowered. Having a good amount of effective life, whether from straight hp or ward, is a bigger deal (endurance is also huge if you are playing a health build.) You absolutely should use items with useless prefixes as along as they have good defenses and good implicits. You only want resists on ring and relic affixes in the long run, every other slot should have health or armor or damage/utility suffixes.

I can't tell if you're trying to play the maxroll bleed build or not. That build is not beginner friendly and has a lot of moving parts, so it won't be easy to play as your first build. If you are using that build you need to follow the instructions and run the passives from the life planner until you start running low life.

Take the point out of the dodge -> armor converson node in Ghostflame (it's bugged, doesn't work) and 2 two points from the dodge node to max out the reduced damage taken while channeling node. The max roll skill panels have a slider on the bottom that shows you what order you should allocate points, btw.

Going for a crystal wand and a focus or shield with resists will be a large defensive boost even if the wand has no rolls you want.

Get boots with Hybrid Health. You need a Peak of the Mountain eventually, in the short term you can wear Boneclamor Barbute if you have one for some cheap ward or a class helm with % hp, flat hp, or armor. You can replace the belt with a spidersilk/praetorian with health rolls until you get defenses sorted.

Get rid of both rings. You want flat hp and resists(ideally cold or phys or poison), and you'll need one ring with t5 crit avoid once you get your empowered blessing. Gold Ring for resists will be good short term, Opal Rings better long term.

That relic base is trash, get the poison resist one (or fire resist if you use a different boot base) and get resists (cold or poison or phys) and flat health before worrying about prefixes. For amulet you want flat health and resists maxed before caring about prefixes, elemental resist will be the smoothest fit cause you want to replace it with an omnis eventually.

Gloves are on a bad base and you don't want phys res, but they can work until you get frostbite shackles.

Drop damage idols for resist/hp idols if you aren't capped on everything.

Your #1 goal is to get your empowered crit avoid blessing so you can free your chest slot. Once you replace that you will get a big boost and then you can get Last Steps of the Living and Exsanguinous for low life. Also getting some dex so you can run harvest is a good idea.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this, I worked on it a little today and have about 1800 hp and I can do empowered monoliths now, took me 3 runs but I found a ring and the blessing so I'm crit proof now! https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/A6Px8pXB

also I have a ton of uniques I can't use, so I'm thinking of making an alt, can't decide if I wanna make a necro since I have the most gear for it, or something else. What class is the thread title from? handfuls of greatswords sounds like fun

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sentinel Forge Guard. Warpath (Cyclone) has a node that summons weapons while you're channeling it that normally come from attacking with Forge Strike.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I started a sentinel paladin that casts healing hands in rive hit. This is good.

I have no idea what stats scale anything now tho

Melee ? Atunement ? Fire ? Spell ??

(Obviously healing effectiveness )

euphronius fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 8, 2024

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Multistrike is the move to use for sword pulling imo. Turning multistrike stacks into swords along with the forge strike cooldown node you get guaranteed swords very fast.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am L74 and getting into the mid-tier Monoliths with moderate ease. Do I need to complete all of the Alternate Timelines before empowered monoliths are presented as an option? Not sure how that mechanic works.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am L74 and getting into the mid-tier Monoliths with moderate ease. Do I need to complete all of the Alternate Timelines before empowered monoliths are presented as an option? Not sure how that mechanic works.

Follow one path until you get to the final trio on the north side of the map, after you finish all 3 of those(Spirits of Fire, The Last Ruin and The Age of Winter) you can unlock empowered monoliths. Once they're unlocked you can run empowered monoliths on any timeline, even ones you didn't do the normal timelines on.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Nah, you just have to complete the 3 topmost ones (still need to complete some to get the path there however), the level 100's. There's a chest that appears in the island between them to signify you completed that requirement and then every time you access the timeline entrance node, it'll ask you if you want the regular or empowered version.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

E: f,b quite handily

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What everyone else said, except also take the monoliths to the right side as they have actually useful blessings like resists, crit avoidance, plus experience. The left side is all 'increased loot drop for x type of item' sort of thing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Locator posted:

What everyone else said, except also take the monoliths to the right side as they have actually useful blessings like resists, crit avoidance, plus experience. The left side is all 'increased loot drop for x type of item' sort of thing.

So far I got a resist, loot thingy, and mana. :( Oh well, I'm just grinding to 78 so I can switch builds to take advantage of the unique wand I lucked into on a rune roll on the first try.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
Been doing my standard lazy icy necro, just another flavor of the fire necro someone else mentioned not too long ago. Golem, archers, mages, dread shade, and bone curse. Very easy once you understand the affixes. Cast curse, make minions attack, sit back and try not to get hit. Put points in minion damage, minion cold damage/pen, a little minion hp, and defenses. Cleared monolith Lagon at 71 and hit empowered monos at 78. It's stronger than ever with the addition of the flat damage affixes on weapons, hot drat. The minion pen affix is also relatively new and is very nice. I've actually been mostly playing on controller and once you get enough +bone curse AoE, aiming doesn't really matter. The targeting on dread shade can be pretty wonky, though. Bosses requiring precision minion movement are pretty much out of the question and I switch to KBM for those. Also what others have said where anything inventory related still really needs KBM.

Wanted to mix it up and made a hammer guy to do merchant's guild with. The level 15 +throwing gloves combined with the smite idol I found on the necro meant I was able to pretty comfortably hit monos at level 35 with 500 or so hp. It's great when you can do this because you can just kind of go into an ARPG fugue state and some number of monos later you're level 55 with a bunch of points to spend and a full inventory. It's got some rough edges for sure but it's a really good game!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Oh so what do higher level monoliths mean in terms of loot? Like, for example, in POE it means higher item levels which unlocks better tiers of explicit mods. Is there something similar? Or just higher average rolls / more exalteds?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh so what do higher level monoliths mean in terms of loot? Like, for example, in POE it means higher item levels which unlocks better tiers of explicit mods. Is there something similar? Or just higher average rolls / more exalteds?

Better chances at exalted mods, which are just higher tiers of mods (T6+T7), and higher chances to get multiple exalted mods on the same item. It's pretty much the same as PoE in practice.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

i'm 59 necro doin a lich build and destroy mobs elsewhere but majasa is just tearing me up
i can reliably get her past first phase, and even got past her second phase heals several times but i end up just getting 1shot sooner or later and it's really frustrating

googling it I see I am far from the only one bitching about it too

just gunna take a break and try again tomorrow since that tactic seemed to work with lagon

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

if you have ank 8 cof, around 300 corruption you'll start seeing double exalted and lp 2 items items fairly regularly. around 500 corruption you start seeing lp3 pretty often and the rare triple exalt

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

CubeTheory posted:

Better chances at exalted mods, which are just higher tiers of mods (T6+T7), and higher chances to get multiple exalted mods on the same item. It's pretty much the same as PoE in practice.

Cool, makes sense.

Last question, there isn't a reason to be storing/selling/shattering random exalteds right? Been showing all on my filter but 90% are useless.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Cool, makes sense.

Last question, there isn't a reason to be storing/selling/shattering random exalteds right? Been showing all on my filter but 90% are useless.

The biggest reason to keep an exalt you don't want to use is for crafting on Legendary Potential,

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Telltolin posted:

i'm 59 necro doin a lich build and destroy mobs elsewhere but majasa is just tearing me up
i can reliably get her past first phase, and even got past her second phase heals several times but i end up just getting 1shot sooner or later and it's really frustrating

googling it I see I am far from the only one bitching about it too

just gunna take a break and try again tomorrow since that tactic seemed to work with lagon

If you can find some items in your stash with more resists to what you're dying to it might help.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
gently caress the big dragon guy with his dumb circles and cones that murder me or my minions

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

euphronius posted:

I started a sentinel paladin that casts healing hands in rive hit. This is good.

I have no idea what stats scale anything now tho

Melee ? Atunement ? Fire ? Spell ??

(Obviously healing effectiveness )

Yup, healing effectiveness, fire, spell or melee depending on whether you have the last node on the bottom right of the healing hands tree, some attunement

Here's a nice video by a guy who has been working on that build and it has a linked build planner in the "more info" part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SHPBAcMgE

I wouldn't say his video/build is something you have to follow exactly, but there's some good info in there.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 8, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

I don't play a Warlock and don't give a poo poo that some of them are OP right now. If the game lasts long enough then Everyone Will Get a Turn eventually and I wouldn't want any theoretical future hilariously broken build to be stopped by the fun police, that's some D4 Dev mindset.

Yeah pretty much this. I’m actually glad that the devs recognize that part of the fun is figuring out hilariously overtuned builds and then trying to break the game with them. Like, you still want a challenge but also elements where you clear the room a la vampire survivors power-curve style

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The challenge is farming new gear so you can continue to vampire survivors your way through higher difficulties.

If I were running the show at EHG I'd just patch in "we fixed the warlock bug" and have it just be making the tooltip 40% instead of 4% to make the "it's not about nerfs, it's about games journalism bug fixes!" people ragepost more.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tonetta posted:

if you have ank 8 cof, around 300 corruption you'll start seeing double exalted and lp 2 items items fairly regularly. around 500 corruption you start seeing lp3 pretty often and the rare triple exalt

drat. I burned out before 200 corruption. It seems to take forever to get it up there. I would clear monos and fight the boss twice before making it as far away as I could, and get about 40-70 corruption doing that. Problem is I jumped around to different timelines since the blessings I had sucked so getting any of them decently high seems to take forever. What's the best strategy, just focus on one that has the item type you're looking for and pump it a bunch of times?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Suburban Dad posted:

drat. I burned out before 200 corruption. It seems to take forever to get it up there. I would clear monos and fight the boss twice before making it as far away as I could, and get about 40-70 corruption doing that. Problem is I jumped around to different timelines since the blessings I had sucked so getting any of them decently high seems to take forever. What's the best strategy, just focus on one that has the item type you're looking for and pump it a bunch of times?

If you're not chasing a blessing, then yeah go for whatever targets the thing you want. Beating the boss gives you +10 and shooting straight out is going to give you more corruption, but once you've got one up to the level you want the others get big corruption bonuses when you reset them. Getting one to over 300 was a slog, but getting the rest there is super fast.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mailer posted:

If you're not chasing a blessing, then yeah go for whatever targets the thing you want. Beating the boss gives you +10 and shooting straight out is going to give you more corruption, but once you've got one up to the level you want the others get big corruption bonuses when you reset them. Getting one to over 300 was a slog, but getting the rest there is super fast.

Alright guess I will focus that next time. I've only found a couple of 3lp things that all seem to suck. My gear is pretty good but doesn't require legendaries (Allie falconer dive bomb) so I haven't had much motivating me to push corruption. I still haven't even tried all the dungeon types yet either but there's no carrot to strive for (for me at least) anymore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What does "Damage per level of specialized buff skills" mean?

It's clerics wrath on the healing hands tree

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

euphronius posted:

What does "Damage per level of specialized buff skills" mean?

It's clerics wrath on the healing hands tree

Level of any Paladin skill that has the Buff tag

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Suburban Dad posted:

just get an empowered blessing in all the actual benefit monoliths and then run down whichever monolith you want to farm until after 300 or so corruption, then if you would like to, return to the other monoliths, push them up to 200-250 (should take 1 clear if your highest is 300) and then farm them out. don't bother trying to full clear any map, it's a total trap. just do the objective & move on

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just wanted to say that Chtonic Fissure is a badass loving spell

Transplate with the explosion at the end node too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I just realised the cause of my altitis in this game.
Endgame is a tad loving obnoxiously boring.
Yes, fresh release and all but the game lacks endgame, imo. No need to full clear maps, no in-map content outside exiled mages and ambushes.