Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait, is that Mike's car?!?

MIKE, YOU loving PIECE OF SHIIIIIIIiiiiiit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Groda posted:

I'm dumb, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S773jrqP7Po

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...d-by-officials/

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

I feel like I just watched a niche fetish video

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
One good hard landing and that guy's hands and or face are bouncing into a machete sized prop

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm sure you'd get cut like a deranged emo kid but how powerful are the engines? remove digits? arms?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sirotan posted:

This is a different Boeing from the one posted above

https://www.koin.com/news/alaska-airlines-safety-concerns-cargo-door-pictures-portland/

djkhalid.gif

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

By popular demand posted:

I'm sure you'd get cut like a deranged emo kid but how powerful are the engines? remove digits? arms?

I suspect that the blades and their points of attachment are the weak points and they would break sooner than your bones. Still would hurt and possibly give you a nice dueling scar that ladies will absolutely adore! :swoon:

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

I dont understand. Don't they want those pieces? Aren't they expensive?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

thehandtruck posted:

No, it's like sharks, planes continuously grow new wheels throughout their service life and periodically shed the older ones.

e: like shark teeth, that is. Very few shark species have wheels.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Nenonen posted:

I suspect that the blades and their points of attachment are the weak points and they would break sooner than your bones. Still would hurt and possibly give you a nice dueling scar that ladies will absolutely adore! :swoon:

Absolutely incorrect.

Something like a RC helicopter has a similar swept area annd I do not recommend googling "RC helicopter fatality" but let's just say death by partial decapitation is entirely possible.

That thing would loving dice you up.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

need to have it lift you, like Webster and balloons

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

your grip strength probably couldn't break a bone you're holding on to, but you can definitely break someone's bones by swinging a big stick at them

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wingnut Ninja posted:

No, it's like sharks, planes continuously grow new wheels throughout their service life and periodically shed the older ones.

e: like shark teeth, that is. Very few shark species have wheels.

Few, but not none.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That's a whorl, not a wheel.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

thehandtruck posted:

The original Wright Flyer sat on a wheeled dolly. On takeoff, the Flyer would roll down the launch rail, then take off and leave the wheels behind. This way they could reduce friction for takeoff and reduce weight for flight. What's old is new again.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Blitter posted:

Absolutely incorrect.

Something like a RC helicopter has a similar swept area annd I do not recommend googling "RC helicopter fatality" but let's just say death by partial decapitation is entirely possible.

So, basically this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2c7ULLdaoY

Content warning: partially decapitated zombie.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

This has probably been posted here before, since it's from 2019, but it came to my attention yesterday and I figure it's worth posting again.

CSB Investigation Report: Tank Explosions at Midlands Resource Recovery
Mastodon thread with the highlights

TL;DR: a bunch of stuff explodes; then while CSB is on-site investigating the first explosion, more stuff explodes after the CSB team fails to convince them that what they're doing is (still) horribly unsafe and retreats to hide behind a shipping container.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/Ut3w1G5.mp4

Who put this dead woman on a skateboard?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I can't imagine ever having balance that good, but I'm wondering if her being barefoot helps. I'm just imagining falling at that speed barefoot on that sidewalk though and :barf:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AFewBricksShy posted:

I can't imagine ever having balance that good, but I'm wondering if her being barefoot helps. I'm just imagining falling at that speed barefoot on that sidewalk though and :barf:

I fall over just standing still multiple times a day, you couldn't get me on a longboard going 20mph.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Blitter posted:

Absolutely incorrect.

If it were real (it’s not). Weird looking edges around the rider, no dust in front of the rider, when it’s flying, only behind them, no shadow until he lands when it pops in, probably other things too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dude was so close to getting fully shredded

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
This needs an edit where the drone zips straight up into the sky, disappearing in a pinpoint.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Chop chop chop goes the chopper…

Seriously, you couldn't pay me to sit on that thing. Cripes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bote

https://i.imgur.com/cwEnnA6.mp4

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUL0EyCRAgM&t=240s

just one short clip out of a FailArmy Compilation, i timestamped it at the relevant time. y i k e s.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You know, in the abstract, working on a big boat as a merchant marine seems like it would be interesting. Travel the world, etc.

Then I see videos like that, and nope. I'm good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Just another day down at the turd factory

(what are they actually making here?)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

haveblue posted:

A cigar. So you're mostly right.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Cigars I think.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Blitter posted:

Absolutely incorrect.

Years ago I bought a decent RC helicopter and I never managed to get it more than a few inches off the ground, because it’s a) like a mobile power tool and terrifying, and b) very fragile and will disintegrate if a rotor hits the ground.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Is it wrong that a lot of this looks kinda fun?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

There's supposed to be some ISS battery parts reentering the atmosphere 1-2 hours from now. A warning was issued that fragments could come down near where I live, wish me luck.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zopotantor posted:

There's supposed to be some ISS battery parts reentering the atmosphere 1-2 hours from now. A warning was issued that fragments could come down near where I live, wish me luck.

Good luck, and keep that camera running!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Thats how you roll a blunt, thats how you roll a blunt
Lets all roll a blunt, and get hosed up.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

haveblue posted:

really takes me back, although I worked the curlies

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was searching for jetpack videos for another thread and imgur had a couple of them several years apart

2019:
https://i.imgur.com/m4rZt0K.mp4

2022:
https://i.imgur.com/E4YovYM.mp4

2024:
https://i.imgur.com/AratCPB.mp4

haveblue posted:

Your posts.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zopotantor posted:

Are you going to bend over for the battery, or just close your eyes and open your arms like your awaiting the embrace of a lost love?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ComradePyro posted:

huh, weird. Ours have a filter somewhere in it that you clean out every load, but we still vent it outside after. You'd cook yourself or your AC unit pretty quickly venting it indoors here in Florida lol. Are dryer holes about as common as homes with AC units (that aren't in a window) where you are?

Houses in Australia aren't well-insulated enough for this to be a problem lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cthulu Carl posted:

Are you going to bend over for the battery, or just close your eyes and open your arms like your awaiting the embrace of a lost love?

They'll be Prometheus running from the debris