Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

when you can get savings accounts with 5% these days

What now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

WescottF1 posted:

Still a ridiculous amount of packaging though. I kept one of the little bottles from when I used to buy it at Meijer and just unbox/punch out the pills and stick them in it.

I don't wanna be alarmist or anything, but some of that packaging is actually because the FDA has guidelines for the packaging of drugs that may be sensitive to light, sensitive to exposure to air and what not. If you rebottle your medicine, maybe check with your doctor to see if the medicine doesn't mind being repackaged? Just to be sure.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wendigee posted:

What now?

https://www.synchronybank.com/banking/high-yield-savings/
https://www.ally.com/bank/online-savings-account/

I mean, obviously the rate changes and theres lots of other places you can choose that might offer better rates, but its not some mythical savings account

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Wendigee posted:

What now?

Any money market account or hell, one of those money market mutual fund thingss.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

My Zojirushi never sang once :(

I also have an analog Zojirushi and I wonder if I’m missing out on better rice with no fuzzy logic.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Josh Lyman posted:

I also have an analog Zojirushi and I wonder if I’m missing out on better rice with no fuzzy logic.

gaba rice is tasty, and the fancy zojirushis make it easier, but you don’t need anything more than a bucket and some water to make rice sprout

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Wendigee posted:

What now?

I use Primis which offers free checking with 5% interest. They refund your ATM fees too. Pretty good unless you need in person banking.

https://primisbank.com/personal-checking/

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

lostleaf posted:

I use Primis which offers free checking with 5% interest. They refund your ATM fees too. Pretty good unless you need in person banking.

https://primisbank.com/personal-checking/

that's awesome. I wish I had known a while ago but now I'm probably too lazy to switch over from ally

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yo what's the most quantity/percentage alcohol iso that costco/business centers carry? where's the best place to buy the most of the strong stuff

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Alan Smithee posted:

yo what's the most quantity/percentage alcohol iso that costco/business centers carry? where's the best place to buy the most of the strong stuff

Most places will carry like 82% I think… for the strong stuff, you should go to an electronics store or Amazon (where I get it). They have 99.99%

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

namlosh posted:

Most places will carry like 82% I think… for the strong stuff, you should go to an electronics store or Amazon (where I get it). They have 99.99%

I believe they intend to consume it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I assumed "alcohol iso" meant isopropyl alcohol

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
The TLA for isopropyl is IPA.

There’s a derail going on ipas in the meme thread rn so just go over there with your takes.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

I assumed "alcohol iso" meant isopropyl alcohol

Oh lol I thought it was a typo.

yeah I buy isopropyl off Amazon they have their own brand of 99% and it's cheap enough to buy a case of it

Edit: woah the price went way up.. when I last bought it, it was 22 dollars shipped for twelve 16 oz bottles now the price is 43 dollars.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 6, 2024

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Borscht posted:

The TLA for isopropyl is IPA.

There’s a derail going on ipas in the meme thread rn so just go over there with your takes.

The Kirkland IPA is the worst IPA I've ever tasted, so I assume it is made of at least 50% isopropyl.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I do resin 3D printing, so I buy 99% IPA off Amazon.

Last time I ordered I got 4 gallons for like $70

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

I do resin 3D printing, so I buy 99% IPA off Amazon.

Last time I ordered I got 4 gallons for like $70

Same but I'm in Canada and Costco is still the cheapest place for me to grab 99% stuff.

Apparently buying it from a farm supply store is cheaper, but I'm a thin wristed city slicker so idk

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I got that 'steen in me.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Any Chicagolanders spot the Kirkland XO rum at their place? I’d make a trip to pick some up.

Kirkland XO Cognac is maybe the smartest booze move out there if you’re into cognac or kick rear end cocktails. I’m hoping for a repeat performance.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Does Costco have bath salt?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

StormDrain posted:

yep, usually over near the pharmacy

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Thanks!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

If you're talking about the new Scarborough location, the guy behind the dumpster probably has some.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

NewFatMike posted:

Any Chicagolanders spot the Kirkland XO rum at their place? I’d make a trip to pick some up.

Kirkland XO Cognac is maybe the smartest booze move out there if you’re into cognac or kick rear end cocktails. I’m hoping for a repeat performance.

I'll check when I go this weekend. The north Riverside and 1st avenue locations are near-ish to me

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

hark posted:

I'll check when I go this weekend. The north Riverside and 1st avenue locations are near-ish to me

Nice, North Riverside is my usual spot, and I haven’t seen it there yet

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 8, 2024

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco apparently doing really well revenue wise off the back of selling gold and silver bars to people.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
Gotta remember to grab a pallet of gold next time I go to church

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they're basically the only way to get a competitive price at retail for bullion, apparently

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wooo the barramundi is back in stock at my warehouse and ON SALE, fuckin score

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Thin Mint Bites are loving goooooood.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kaddish posted:

Thin Mint Bites are loving goooooood.

Everything Edward Marc in Costco is always obscenely good.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The 30 day price adjustment rule is so goofy. Bought the Winix air filter 33 days ago and it went down by $30. Wouldn’t do it. Guess I will just return it and buy a new one

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did you know you can make a more efficient filtration system for pennies on the dollar with a box fan and filtration media sourced from rat nests

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

To build an air filtration system from scratch first you must invent the universe

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Also I’m one of those dudes sitting in the patio furniture with a full cart waiting for my tire rotation to finish currently

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

Did you know you can make a more efficient filtration system for pennies on the dollar with a box fan and filtration media sourced from rat nests

Thank u for saving me the post.

Also yeah that's weird when a price match window is shorter than a return window. They're just begging you to cost them more money.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Just returned from a mid-afternoon Church visit.

Grabbed a bag of dark chocolate coconut almonds. They are holy gently caress dangerous. Also grabbed a giant thing of laundry detergent, a box of strawberries, a bag of that sweet heat trail mix, and 4lbs of raisin bran. Brought that out to the car and then headed back for 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka. Only the finest liquor for this guy.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Does Costco sell a 5-pack of the filters I’d need?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Eeyo posted:

Does Costco sell a 5-pack of the filters I’d need?

They sell four packs and I thought that's all it took.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

2nding the kirksig cognac.
My go to drink is the French Connection. That’s cognac and amaretto. If you’re not used to cognac, try it 1:1, then on subsequent occasions work your way towards 2:1. Pour over a few ice cubes.