Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the current endgame as it exists conceptually is fine, there are just some frustrating things about it that could stand to be cleaned up. Nobody wants to lose a 10 minute dungeon run or arena to a single one shot attack from a boss, and nobody wants to collect keys for the privilege. If EHG can curb some of the ridiculous spikiness of some attacks and eliminate the need for keys then they already have some decent endgame variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just put Keys in the Crafting Materials Stash and automatically pull one when I click on the Dungeon Tier :confused::confused::confused:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was levelling a falconer with shadowblades and it was awesome, then I unlocked Aerial Assault and I don't really like my movement skill and my primary attack skill being the same. How low does that cooldown get as you progress through endgame?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is probably the best take on a paladin class in arpgs. They seemed to have nailed it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

exquisite tea posted:

I think the current endgame as it exists conceptually is fine, there are just some frustrating things about it that could stand to be cleaned up. Nobody wants to lose a 10 minute dungeon run or arena to a single one shot attack from a boss, and nobody wants to collect keys for the privilege. If EHG can curb some of the ridiculous spikiness of some attacks and eliminate the need for keys then they already have some decent endgame variety.

Conceptually it's fine, it lacks in content though.
The oneshots are by design and they stated it as such, although I do get the frustration of losing the key from a sudden not so telegraphed attack.
Replayability, I guess? Bugs notwithstanding its decent yet there are only 3 dungeons "more of same maps".

I ment, perhaps, some more meaning to endgame runs, maybe in-map mechanics. Would like that. Probably more dungeons too

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are the oneshots by design? I saw some reddit analysis, I think it was also posted here, that pointed out that crit resistance is actually the most important defensive state (besides EHP) and that resistances aren't as important in LE. As someone whose played hundreds of hours of PoE and GD, I was laser focused on resistance uber alles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That seems to be the case.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

drat. I burned out before 200 corruption. It seems to take forever to get it up there. I would clear monos and fight the boss twice before making it as far away as I could, and get about 40-70 corruption doing that. Problem is I jumped around to different timelines since the blessings I had sucked so getting any of them decently high seems to take forever. What's the best strategy, just focus on one that has the item type you're looking for and pump it a bunch of times?

I kind of ran into the same problem you did. I was going around collecting various blessings (as they're one of the easiest ways to shore up defenses or add some power) but this meant I was doing multiple different monos so the corruption was going up pretty slowly. Meanwhile my build was handling low corruption pretty well so everything was starting to feel very samey and not very challenging. (And this is with rushing objectives, not spending time full clearing.)

I would prefer the ramp up was faster. In PoE terms it felt like I could handle high tier red maps but I was stuck in whites or yellows.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Some things are supposed to be one shots regardless of how tanky your character is - telegraphs like Julra's clock, Lagon's moonblast, etc.

Other things aren't really supposed to be one-shotting characters unless your defenses aren't up to date, or you're pushing real high corruption #s.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Some things are supposed to be one shots regardless of how tanky your character is - telegraphs like Julra's clock, Lagon's moonblast, etc.

Can I introduce you to our lord and savior, Silver Shroud? No-sell all those pesky telegraphs with one easy trick*.

* Easy trick is null and void if pesky telegraph is secretly a dot and not a hit, which I believe is the case for at least some of Lagon's blasts. Let's you stand in big boss windups surprisingly often, though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Corruption could stand to build up 2x as fast. And empowered monos should require just one of the 3 to unlock.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Xerophyte posted:

* Easy trick is null and void if pesky telegraph is secretly a dot and not a hit, which I believe is the case for at least some of Lagon's blasts. Let's you stand in big boss windups surprisingly often, though.

Yeah I was real surprised when Lagon blasted me through profane veil without one of the eye sweep attacks.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Some attacks that are hits also have a (cannot be dodged) tag, for example the pizza slices on Rahyeh:

source: https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/bestiary

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zoux posted:

I was levelling a falconer with shadowblades and it was awesome, then I unlocked Aerial Assault and I don't really like my movement skill and my primary attack skill being the same. How low does that cooldown get as you progress through endgame?

It gets better, you can stack cooldown reduction on boots, belt, and opal rings also have it as an innate. You can get it pretty low, but I think there's always going to be some cooldown on it. I usually either run a few steps back before jumping again or toss in a dive bomb if anything is still alive after the first one.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I've been levelling the healing hands/rive Paladin and it's pretty hilarious to just stand in every boss's special attacks and not care. I know some of the ward generation is up to be nerfed but I still think this build will be pretty strong. I'm not into empowered monos yet, though.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4130435365852322939?l=english

Make your voice heard (and try to stop reddit from making the game worse).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Another thing about levelling falconer that I'm not sure is intended: my bird is a psycho? No amount of spilled blood will slake his thirst for violence?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zoux posted:

Another thing about levelling falconer that I'm not sure is intended: my bird is a psycho? No amount of spilled blood will slake his thirst for violence?

oh this is absolutely intended

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

CAW CAW CAW

falconers are no longer invited to my parties

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have to have a google account to sign that petition sadly

I don’t see why the healing hands ward interaction needs to be nerfed but everyone says it does .

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've been levelling the healing hands/rive Paladin and it's pretty hilarious to just stand in every boss's special attacks and not care. I know some of the ward generation is up to be nerfed but I still think this build will be pretty strong. I'm not into empowered monos yet, though.

I'm doing Healing Hands / Smite on a void knight and have been doing that, but I learned the hard way last night that in empowered monoliths the cold damage from those goofy spires that you have to hunt down and destroy will absolutely one-shot me through 5k ward and 2k health. I am weak to cold, as it's only about 50% resist right now after doing some gear changes and not patching that resist back up yet.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I feel like the dungeons could be fine as-is if they just have the actual mcguffin at the end require the key. Do the dungeon, do the boss, then the key unlocks the ability to make two items kiss.

Or the key unlocks the vault in the other one.

I think that would go a long way to making them feel better because yeah. Getting 1 shot because you missed a mechanic and then be out both a key AND those ten minutes sucks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's right. Eats up all your mana, recasts don't refresh the stack, extremely short duration for cost. Playing as a sentinel mastery your job is baby sitting your sigils stack.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

euphronius posted:

I don’t see why the healing hands ward interaction needs to be nerfed but everyone says it does .

I voted against mid-cycle nerfs to overperforming stuff. I think people take dumb games way too seriously.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

euphronius posted:

Eh, the build seems "fine" without the ward generation, but I am also only just breaking into empowered mono's with it. Pretty much still unkillable without the ward gen there though and my real problem right now is ttk anyway. Not that the ttk is bad but it feels bad coming off of warlock and falconer.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

zoux posted:

That's right. Eats up all your mana, recasts don't refresh the stack, extremely short duration for cost. Playing as a sentinel mastery your job is baby sitting your sigils stack.

I don't remember reading anything about sigils in the patch notes. Was there an intentional change or did they break something? I did notice that my mana was not full all the time last night, when normally I am always pretty much full unless I manually put up a 4 sigil stack all at once instead of waiting for them to auto-proc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Locator posted:

I don't remember reading anything about sigils in the patch notes. Was there an intentional change or did they break something? I did notice that my mana was not full all the time last night, when normally I am always pretty much full unless I manually put up a 4 sigil stack all at once instead of waiting for them to auto-proc.

Nope, they've always sucked. In your case you may have changed a piece of gear or talent?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Xerophyte posted:

Can I introduce you to our lord and savior, Silver Shroud? No-sell all those pesky telegraphs with one easy trick*.

Try and Silver Shroud Julras big explosion, I dare you.

The Locator posted:

I'm doing Healing Hands / Smite on a void knight and have been doing that, but I learned the hard way last night that in empowered monoliths the cold damage from those goofy spires that you have to hunt down and destroy will absolutely one-shot me through 5k ward and 2k health. I am weak to cold, as it's only about 50% resist right now after doing some gear changes and not patching that resist back up yet.

Well Sentinel is generally the most squishy class, held aloft by the buggy Healing Hands.
Endurance doesn't work with Ward, so whats left is stacking Armour to get additional damage reduction, or, if you can stomach wearing a shield, you can get a lot of defense there.
Also not getting hit, but Sentinel is kinda slow as well.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

gently caress the big dragon guy with his dumb circles and cones that murder me or my minions

made this for you; as gamers we gotta share strats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JSQT-EcfWg

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The thing that killed me over and over in the Emperor of Corpses fight is the blood pools. They're hard to see under all the visual noise, what little effects they do create don't match up with how much damage they deal (when normally this game is very good at doing the "flashy attack means big damage incoming" thing), and they're at the far sides of the screen where you may not even be able to see them until you're teleporting away from the boss's big AoE and suddenly you're standing in a barely-visible damage field that kills you in a tenth of a second.

It's not the best design, is what I'm getting at.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

zoux posted:

Nope, they've always sucked. In your case you may have changed a piece of gear or talent?

My assumption was that it was my gear change that did it, but it is easily manageable. I was responding to that post about Sigils being the worst maintenance patch ever... like something had changed?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
The phrase was "maintenance buff", actually, as in a buff you have to maintain. AFAIK it hasn't changed recently?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

The phrase was "maintenance buff", actually, as in a buff you have to maintain. AFAIK it hasn't changed recently?

Ah, I read it completely wrong. Lol. Yeah it's a terrible buff and I wouldn't use it at all if I didn't have it mostly auto-proccing from other skills.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Noper Q posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4130435365852322939?l=english

Make your voice heard (and try to stop reddit from making the game worse).

why's it not a single question though "do you liek to have FUN in a VIDIYA GAME"

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Erulisse posted:

why's it not a single question though "do you liek to have FUN in a VIDIYA GAME"

I cannot have fun if other players are having more fun than me.

Seriously, as a non warlock player, I can give two shits about what bug or overpowered ability warlocks have.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I was pretty surprised I needed a key to get in the dungeons. I found Lightless Arbor just running around exploring, and this cool little nymph told me I needed to help, and then gently caress you you need a key. Well, where do I get a key at level 20ish?

"Drops."

But I want to do the motherfucker right now! I just found it! It looks cool!

I posted the other day about finally finding a key and not wanting to gently caress it up but I haven't even been back because I just hit 50 and am finishing the campaign. Don't lock parts of your game away behind random drops, especially the first time through! Maybe the nymph who called on me to stop the big bad could... I don't know... just loving give me one of them? Felt bad. Not really bad, just weird. "Save the world! I mean, come back later and do it when you can, I guess..."

I got that assemble abomination spell last night and... it just doesn't seem that great compared to the bone golem? My big bony boy seemingly never dies, hardcore smashes poo poo, and also never dies. The abomination does the same thing except it costs minions and you've got to keep resummoning it every minute or two. Of course, I'm only 50 and haven't been in any of the endgame monoliths so maybe it starts to shine there?

I know one of the things about these games is having to pick your skills but drat I'd like about 2 more buttons. Right now I'm running summon skeleton, summon bone golem, summon skeletal mage, spirit plague, and wraith and having a blast. Being able to level up the individual skills and customize them to what you want is the coolest thing in this game, when I want to play not so I can find gear or kill monsters but so I can put another point in my wraiths then man you've nailed it.

After playing more, I don't even think D4 looks all that much better than LE, but boy is the sound design better. The hits just sound meatier and thumpier, things falling to the ground clink and clang better, everything just sort of feels better because of the thumping whacks all the killing is accompanied by.

The main menu theme song is a loving banger though, I get the same sort of "Oh yeah I'm about to play this son just get out of the way" from it I do from the amazing bombastic intro screen of Elden Ring.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I agree that it’s kind of silly to lock the dungeons behind keys but if it makes you feel any better, you’ll end up with an absolute shitload of them just through normal play. Like, a ridiculous amount. I have a whole stash tab full of keys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I assume in the future you will be able to craft on the keys

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

A Moose posted:

Just figured out how to import my build, that was surprisingly easy!
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/Qqw3EjMo

Did you do offline or online for the import? I play through steam so I'm not sure what to put for account name. I tried my Steam ID and that didn't seem to work.

e: nevermind figured it out.

So, I'm trying to make the most of playing as a Lich and switched to a Death Seal / Hungering Souls / Rip Blood build I saw on maxroll.

My current status: https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/B7GggaOB
Maxroll build: https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/hungering-souls-lich-guide

Still working on improving gear but I feel like I'm most of the way there. Still using a few pieces I plugged the resist gaps with during the changeover.

Its pretty solid, I'm deathless since switching and mulching through the T90 monoliths. The only issue is clear feels really bad when Death Seal is down. Hungering Soul does great burst to big guys and bosses but Rip Blood is just very weak and takes multiple clicks to clear popcorn mobs. Am I missing something?

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

JonathonSpectre posted:

I got that assemble abomination spell last night and... it just doesn't seem that great compared to the bone golem? My big bony boy seemingly never dies, hardcore smashes poo poo, and also never dies. The abomination does the same thing except it costs minions and you've got to keep resummoning it every minute or two. Of course, I'm only 50 and haven't been in any of the endgame monoliths so maybe it starts to shine there?

I've never played it, but there is a way to make the abomination not need resummoning and make it hit like a large stack of Mack trucks. I think someone posted it earlier in the thread.

E: Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnaEX8W0C8