Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
https://twitter.com/JasonKauz/status/1765951560083763416

Todd looking impish as ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

That picture is amazing. Nobody around him looks pleased that he's there.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Toriyama saved several generations of young kids from hundreds of combined hours of boredom in maths classes as they drew the biggest most muscular men in the margins

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

That billionaire has a weird forehead. It's like his scalp is doing the Matrix dodge.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Attack on Princess posted:

That billionaire has a weird forehead. It's like his scalp is doing the Matrix dodge.

His hair is fake.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
He's cosplaying as The Master

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1766101118105338271?t=uBDjz-9aECfTPFsk9LdczQ&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Don't gently caress with the gamers, Zaslav...

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Fascinated by the lows WB is willing to go.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TuxedoOrca posted:

Fascinated by the lows WB is willing to go.

your life for the quarter!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Curious how many more bad decisions on all fronts it’s going to take at this point before Zaslav finally gets canned and/or runs the company into the ground

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Larryb posted:

Curious how many more bad decisions on all fronts it’s going to take at this point before Zaslav finally gets canned and/or runs the company into the ground

the company’s doing great, profits are up up up. he’ll be in the seat until the company is destroyed by the long-term consequences people like him don’t think or care about and then off he’ll go to ruin something else

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

the company’s doing great, profits are up up up. he’ll be in the seat until the company is destroyed by the long-term consequences people like him don’t think or care about and then off he’ll go to ruin something else

Unfortunately true

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
New Fortnite season has started.

Season cinematic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAiUwz7Zt8

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the BP collab. Will have an Avatar event half way through the season.

We have a goon discord for fortnite if you want to talk about the game, play with others, or just chill.
https://discord.com/invite/8g8th7KV

Hope it interests more goons to try it out. :)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

poo poo company, not gonna play it. Glad u enjoy it tho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know how to play Fortnite. I should check the Alan Wake 2 FAQ.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ive been getting more and more games that want me to use a controller, are there any controllers in particular that would be a better choice?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

cuntman.net posted:

ive been getting more and more games that want me to use a controller, are there any controllers in particular that would be a better choice?

PS5
Xbox
Switch pro

:question:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Series S|X controller is my go to. Its supported by every single current gen game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

Ps5 is very comfortable

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

you can't go wrong with any of the modern ones, but the touchpad on the ps5 controller is weirdly clutch for the more fiddly bits of pc gaming

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
New Xbox controllers start drifting really fast, last one I had within a couple months, not using it very much. Played with the Dualsense more over a year and still no drift.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

cuntman.net posted:

Hand-feel is divisive, cuntman. Test them out in a store if you have the chance.

I liked the stick layout of my xbone controller, but once I got my hands on a PS5 controller, the weight and shape felt infinitely better.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thanks all, i used to play everything on a ps3 so i'll probably go for the ps5 controller

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know most of those games but Westerado is fantastic, grab it while you can.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DS4 and dualsense are both very nice and comfy, I slightly prefer the dualsense but not so much that I’d pay the extra for it over a DS4 if you’re buying one specifically for PC games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The dual sense haptics are night and day better than all previous controllers, not all PC games support them but they're really cool

Resistive triggers are cool too but some people find them annoying or find they cause RSI

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mutata posted:

Who gives a poo poo? We know the video games industry sucks rear end at diversity and representation, so here's a group who's here to get paid to think A LOT about it and help make the games. What's the problem?

goatface posted:

Consulting to check that you're not making some massive blunder due to a blind spot in your relatively small writing team seems sensible to me. A lot of game dev teams are solidly mono-cultural, they might try to be diverse and culturally sensitive but there is a real chance they're going to make some dumb mistake or just be poo poo at it because it's all second hand.

AAA studios should probably be able to do that in-house, but you could say that about a lot of niche functions that regularly get outsourced to contractors.
the main issue is that these companies dont really exist to help provide genuine representation, they exist to guide big corporations to the blandest possible version of it so they can talk a big game about it. like a lot of this designed by committee stuff is bland at best and insulting at worst. id much rather a kind of messy depiction by someone who put a gay dude into their game because they think gay people are cool than a lot of this safe corporate stuff.

ofc nobody's coming to aaa gaming for genuine anything but the fact that these corps think they can just Consult their way out of having to hire a gay person and let them do whatever is kind of disgusting. and the notion that nobody had ever done this stuff in games until random AAA studios started hiring consulting firms is also gross, and somehow that's the notion both sides of this dumb drama seem to agree on.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 8, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ofc that isnt the concern the twitter warriors have but theyve also concocted a situation where you cant really criticize how ingenuine a lot of this stuff feels so it sucks from that angle too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

cuntman.net posted:

The PS5 controller is good all around, though the 8bitdo Pro 2 is handy if you want something with some buttons on the back while not being expensive as heck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only people I ever see complaining about Sweet Baby Inc are cis white men. So yeah, that muddies the water a bit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That's nice

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The discourse is always exciting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

The only people I ever see complaining about Sweet Baby Inc are cis white men. So yeah, that muddies the water a bit.
idk anything about them specifically but im not super into the concept of a lot of these consultancy firms in general cause at best their actual influence is minimal and at worst they just exist to codify a lot of the most boring and safe depictions of minorities.

Mr Hootington posted:

The discourse is always exciting

tis

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

idk anything about them specifically but im not super into the concept of a lot of these consultancy firms in general cause at best their actual influence is minimal and at worst they just exist to codify a lot of the most boring and safe depictions of minorities.

tis

I agree that forced diversity sucks. It's got to feel like a bit of a minefield for any developer because there's people on all sides just looking for an excuse to get mad. I think it'd be better if devs didn't feel the need for something like Sweet Baby Inc, but I also feel more of the blame should be levied at the developer's feet for what comes out of the deal. Everyone wants to poo poo all over SBI for the changes they may or may not make, but they don't necessarily have a carte blanche on everything they're involved in. If they do, that's also the fault of the devs. Imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Houston would be a great setting for an open world game. There’s the stately manors of River Oaks right next door to Downtown with the skyscrapers linked by underground tunnels, right next door to the last bit of industry and old houses in fifth ward, with the bayous running through it all. If you invented the city for a video game people would say it was unrealistic to have these varied zones right next to each other.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

New Fortnite season has started.

Season cinematic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAiUwz7Zt8

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the BP collab. Will have an Avatar event half way through the season.

We have a goon discord for fortnite if you want to talk about the game, play with others, or just chill.
https://discord.com/invite/8g8th7KV

Hope it interests more goons to try it out. :)

I didn’t get many of the bonus rewards skins for the previous battle pass but luckily they were pretty ugly.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

only if they call it Housteenk

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
idk if one of sweet baby's functions is to review scripts and make sure there isnt something horribly egregious they would have been extremely useful when resident evil 5 came out and they had the villager sections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I can't get over this company's name being Sweet Baby Inc.