Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

If what I’m hearing from my friends at WBD are true, poor Tony 😔

I really hope he can bounce back. You hate to see someone follow their dream and just fail so spectacularly. If someone doesn't help or something doesn't change we're gonna be reading stories about a homeless man pulling a garbage bag behind him mumbling to passers-by about how he almost beat Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
So, even when I wasn’t watching wrestling for like 20 years I was aware of Sasha Banks and became a fan from clips posted online. I have wanted her in AEW since I learned of AEW’s existence, and I’m very excited to have her join up. She’s a great wrestler.

However, I’m a little concerned that Tony is setting himself up for another CM Punk here. Special debut show, concessions like hiring her a personal writer, and now she’s already talking about going back to the Fed the week before her debut. I assume Tony won’t have to fear for his life again, but perhapsssss he could have worked a little harder to not PRECISELY REPLICATE the CM Punk in AEW story?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Integrated Houston posted:

So, even when I wasn’t watching wrestling for like 20 years I was aware of Sasha Banks and became a fan from clips posted online. I have wanted her in AEW since I learned of AEW’s existence, and I’m very excited to have her join up. She’s a great wrestler.

However, I’m a little concerned that Tony is setting himself up for another CM Punk here. Special debut show, concessions like hiring her a personal writer, and now she’s already talking about going back to the Fed the week before her debut. I assume Tony won’t have to fear for his life again, but perhapsssss he could have worked a little harder to not PRECISELY REPLICATE the CM Punk in AEW story?

It would be very funny if the same thing happened again so I hope that’s what happens

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

she's just a worker, it'd be financial malpractice to not say you'll be back in the fed eventually. 99% of wrestlers aren't darby types who just say "yeah i'm staying gently caress the fed"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It would be very funny if the same thing happened again so I hope that’s what happens

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't think someone shouldn't be given big fanfare because they say they see themselves going somewhere else eventually. No one should have to work at the same place their entire career if they don't want.

As long as she gives it her all in AEW and doesn't pull a Miro I'll be fine if she goes somewhere else eventually. And if her presence helps AEW's business then it's a mutually beneficial arrangement anyway.

Now with that said, why on earth would anyone go work for WWE I can't relate to. Just seems like a horrible horrible place.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

I don't think someone shouldn't be given big fanfare because they say they see themselves going somewhere else eventually. No one should have to work at the same place their entire career if they don't want.

As long as she gives it her all in AEW and doesn't pull a Miro I'll be fine if she goes somewhere else eventually. And if her presence helps AEW's business then it's a mutually beneficial arrangement anyway.

Now with that said, why on earth would anyone go work for WWE I can't relate to. Just seems like a horrible horrible place.

I think most big stars are going to conduct themselves this way, as they have more leverage to command concessions and big salaries from management. That said, I doubt Mercedes is as much of a crybaby rear end in a top hat as Punk or as desperate to be seen as a venerated locker room elder.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Shard posted:

Can't believe that you think HGH would botch(a stanks) her return to the fed. Cuz that's where she's goin.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think Mercedes is as yearning of WWE's corporate structure as it turned out Punk was.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I agree, it would be very funny, so at least we have that to look forward to.

I don’t begrudge her working anywhere she cares to, even if the timing of her comment is less than ideal for the wrestling show I like. The parallels with Punk are just not necessarily looking great at this early juncture lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i appreciate her candor. most fed-hearted people lie or give some weird nothing statement about every little thing the way cm punk did. anything to get everyone on their side or at least to try and slip by unnoticed. but sasha banks keeps rightfully complaining and saying gently caress you to creeps and lovely fans just about every day while still reminding people she isn't cool either. people like that make it easier to navigate life and as i mentioned can occasionally do some good. not much though. those fed-hearts

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i appreciate her candor. most fed-hearted people lie or give some weird nothing statement about every little thing the way cm punk did. anything to get everyone on their side or at least to try and slip by unnoticed. but sasha banks keeps rightfully complaining and saying gently caress you to creeps and lovely fans just about every day while still reminding people she isn't cool either. people like that make it easier to navigate life and as i mentioned can occasionally do some good. not much though. those fed-hearts

punk actively mocked the idea of going to work for WWE on tv in AEW!

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
The hell always sets in about a day and a half after a show

Okada likely isn't getting 4.5mil but I can see him in the 2.5-3 range

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

THAT'S NOT EVEN THAT MUCH!

This isn't an argument that wrestlers shouldn't make more. They should! But they don't in the current reality we find ourselves. Fast food workers should make more too but if you told me someone doing cashier at McDonalds was making 150k a year I would call bullshit.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Not only is Tony giving Okada giant cartoon sacks of money every day, but all purchased Danhausen merchandise now rings up as "Okada merch" and is processed accordingly

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Integrated Houston posted:

Jennifer Pepperman is going to bite Toni Storm in a locker room brawl. It has been foreseen.

But yeah, this Mercedes thing is going to go the same way as Punk and it's so loving obvious.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

1glitch0 posted:

Jennifer Pepperman is going to bite Toni Storm in a locker room brawl. It has been foreseen.

But yeah, this Mercedes thing is going to go the same way as Punk and it's so loving obvious.

I don't think it will.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
It’s entirely possible that her “I walked out of the Fed and now I’m just happy to be here” story will end up more like Toni Storm’s than Punk’s, but the portents are there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't think it will.

Time will tell. Just like it did with Punk.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

toxx on it whats the timeline

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Sasha Banks won't get into backstage fights as long as Riho is there to enforce the peace

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

UnleashedDad posted:

The hell always sets in about a day and a half after a show

Okada likely isn't getting 4.5mil but I can see him in the 2.5-3 range

looked about 800k IIRC

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

yea ok posted:

toxx on it whats the timeline

Toxxing gets me nothing. Maybe I'm wrong, but the easily observable similarities with Punk are right there except Sasha Banks is already saying how she wants to go back to the fed.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Toxxing gets me nothing. Maybe I'm wrong, but the easily observable similarities with Punk are right there except Sasha Banks is already saying how she wants to go back to the fed.

pussy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's not about toxxing not giving you anything. It's about toxxing giving US the gift of not having to see your posts anymore.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Coward gently caress.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

skip the toxx and leave

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress it I'll toxx.

:toxx: Sasha Banks won't get fired with cause from AEW. If she does, I'll only ever post positively about CM Punk :toxx:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

Coward gently caress.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Punk didn't want to go back until he saw the chaos behind the scenes and how it's ran.

With Mercedes its different cuz she's not threatening any top guys spots/egos and they SEEM to have learned a bit from the Punk ordeal.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

1bitch0

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk was like "Guys are talking poo poo during press conferences, getting into fights, attacking the owner, this place is total chaos!"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

SKEEEEYIPP!!!! (dipshittedly)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punk didn't want to go back until he realized some important people in the company don't actually worship the ground he walks on.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Punk was like "Guys are talking poo poo during press conferences, getting into fights, attacking the owner, this place is total chaos!"

maybe that guy should get a dang mirror

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm not going to worry until Sasha buys all the guys on the roster Starbucks cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ladies and gentlemen, that's not 1glitch0, that's 1bitch0.