Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
KAKAROT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wonder what the reaction to this plot revelation was when this as all new.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
well I hope nobody was looking forward to S2 of GenLock ever coming to Toonami

not that it had a snowball's chance in Hell to begin with, though i suppose once upon a time i would have said the same about S1

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked the first season but s2 wasn't good

also uh akira toriyama died

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Arist posted:

also uh akira toriyama died

holy gently caress

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
well poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/Zom100_EN/status/1766147806358835506?s=20

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Huh. Is this the first thing to ever come out of Netflix Jail and end up on Toonami?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not a Netflix show! Crunchyroll has the rights and licensed it to Netflix! Huh!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

This isn't the first time we already showed a show first on goonami

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well at least it won't be awkward when they cut the OP short since it wasn't done for like the whole first half of the show

JT Jag posted:

Huh. Is this the first thing to ever come out of Netflix Jail and end up on Toonami?

Bebop somehow got out for like one last run iirc

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 8, 2024

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Gonna be a good show to come home to after a day of work

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On the most recent episode of Jeff Gerstmann's ranking of NES games (where he is going to go through every domestic NES release and put it on a list) he played an NES Dragon Ball game where the American release stripped out a lot of the "Dragon Ball-ness" of it redrawing Goku and Master Roshi's sprites and renaming everyone but Goku (also instead of Dragon Balls he's just looking for crystal balls.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

hullo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Ninja Kamui - Scully tells Joe that he's gonna need to do the requisite Sewer Level- which also doubles as the Instant-Fail Stealth Level- in order to infiltrate Mega City 1 and investigate OCP's activities. We also get an extended flashback to when Joe was still working for the Lin Kuei, whereupon we find out that Joe's messy separation from the clan kicked off when his closest bro (who he's now about to face down like Jetstream Sam) walked in on Joe having freshly gotten bizzay with his eventually dead wife who was also a ninja. I'm not really sure what verb tenses I should have used at the end of that sentence back there.

Demon Slayer - I don't think a whole hell of a lot happened last week; I think it was mostly just fight scenes between the Bruiser Siblings and Captain Fabulous & Company? Maybe I should start taking notes during the shows.

Lycoris Recoil - Majima launches an attack on a police station meant to look like a terrorist stunt, leaving UNATCO unaware that the real purpose was to install a backdoor access point in their computer system for Mr. Roboto. Speaking of UNATCO, Majima realized that Chisato is none other than the lone agent who slaughtered everyone else on his team during the terror attack on the Statue of Liberty radio tower several years ago. Speaking of Chisato, her & Takina tail Mika to a clandestine meeting at a bar, only to find out that he's meeting with Wesker, who, as it turns out, is the one who arranged for Chisato to receive her cybernetic heart a decade ago.

Man, I really gotta start taking notes during these shows. That, or re-watch them during the week when i'm not high. Sometimes it can be fuckin' HARD to remember what happened last week.

:rip: Akira Toriyama, 1955-2024
Gone to that big Kame House in the sky

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 10, 2024

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Oh, I should probably also take this time to mention that Zaslav's corpo ghoulshittery is now spreading to video games; it came out earlier this week that Warner-Discovery is going to be delisting games published by Adult Swim Games from Steam within the next 60 days, so if there were any [as] games on Steam you ever had your eye on, you miiiiiight want to pick them up when the Spring Sale kicks off this upcoming week before they get tossed into the Negative Zone next to Catwoman and Coyote VS ACME some time in early May

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

Oh, I should probably also take this time to mention that Zaslav's corpo ghoulshittery is now spreading to video games; it came out earlier this week that Warner-Discovery is going to be delisting games published by Adult Swim Games from Steam within the next 60 days, so if there were any [as] games on Steam you ever had your eye on, you miiiiiight want to pick them up when the Spring Sale kicks off this upcoming week before they get tossed into the Negative Zone next to Catwoman and Coyote VS ACME some time in early May

Yet another case of "loving why, how does this benefit anybody"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is it normal schedule or is there going to be a toriyama memorial dragon ball marathon

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

:rip: Akira Toriyama, 1955-2024

Gone to that big Kame House in the sky

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This loving theme song.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Jason Cardeanas looking like he just got walked in on posting in this very thread :v:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

The Shame Boy posted:

Jason Cardeanas looking like he just got walked in on posting in this very thread :v:

he's more or less a self-insert of the one toonami producer or whatever :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My god. Mike found Polybius.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

HOLY loving poo poo IT'S 7 PM YOU GUYS

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is it normal schedule or is there going to be a toriyama memorial dragon ball marathon

I feel like they would've done a DB marathon, but since Kamui's brand new, and premiering on Max (which will not change their upload schedule of course) then they're kinda borderline forced to show it

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
of course there's a stupid cabal meeting with a stupid old guy saying "we wait"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

Yeah he's a dead ringer for DeMarco.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Polygynous posted:

Is he suppose to be Demarco or something? That's pretty cool if true!

and lol he's talking about Warner Bros isn't he.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Jason DeMarco gonna get he drat head cut off by a ninja

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's gotta suck being the guy at the front of the ninja horde. Ain't no way you're lasting more than a few seconds.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh my god! the evil tech rear end in a top hat isn't Elon Musk! it's DAVID ZASLAV!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, he's not keeping that guy safe.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This is basically like Ninja Gaiden 2 but with way less explosive shurikens going off around Joe.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
lol, Insomnia Dragons

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

TwoPair posted:

Yeah he's a dead ringer for DeMarco.

i'm pretty sure i saw a tweet where he said like "drat right i put myself in this"

e: and now he's boned lol

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

no, not Scully!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh no, girl Reno sold us out!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

i'm pretty sure i saw a tweet where he said like "drat right i put myself in this"

e: and now he's boned lol

Part of me is like "I don't like that, it feels forced) but the much bigger part is admitting "gently caress I'd probably do it too if I literally had a hand in production"

Argus Zant posted:

no, not Scully!

Emma I thought you and your Batmobile bug were cool but now this is very not cool

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

:lol: that was easy enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Those cabinets were priceless you assholes