Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

WarpedLichen posted:

This is gonna be another dumb PS5 difficulty thing isn't it - I swear chargers take way longer to kill sometimes with grenade launchers and flamethrowers.

Who knows, I have to turn off crossplay now to test all these weird interactions. Why is it coded like this :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

WarpedLichen posted:

This is gonna be another dumb PS5 difficulty thing isn't it - I swear chargers take way longer to kill sometimes with grenade launchers and flamethrowers.

The flamethrower inconsistency, at least, isn't dependent on PS5 - I was getting it last night with just myself and one other PC player. Half a tank to kill a charger sometimes, tank and a half with supporting fire other times. I'm suspicious the legs have separate health bars and that's what's doing it - catching the fire on multiple health bars instead of just one.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

i'm pretty sure i have the sentry upgrade and the robot i called in only had 1k bullets

Bummer

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Well I managed to get past the queue but the servers are still getting hammered so I can't use my medals or req to unlock anything :(

SkyeAuroline posted:

The flamethrower inconsistency, at least, isn't dependent on PS5 - I was getting it last night with just myself and one other PC player. Half a tank to kill a charger sometimes, tank and a half with supporting fire other times. I'm suspicious the legs have separate health bars and that's what's doing it - catching the fire on multiple health bars instead of just one.
That seems to be exactly the case, yes. Another goon posted an indepth video about this earlier but here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvsSQEx7Z0

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

turn off the TV posted:

i'm pretty sure i have the sentry upgrade and the robot i called in only had 1k bullets

I mean, everyone probably already assumed this but it seems like the new levels that they'll add to ship modules will probably address this. If existing levels will affect them though, then it's probably working something like when you see an HMG emplacement out in the field - it's not affected by any of your ship component buffs because it was not specifically dropped by your stratagem. Robits dropped by your stratagems will be affected by your modules, though, just like the HMG emplacements that you drop are.

Edit: I need to be better at reading comprehension because the original post specifically stated "robot i called in", but I'll leave my mistake for all to see just like how my Helldiver leaves a beautiful corpse when I try to drop on a Bile Titan and wind up landing right in front of it as it's puking.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 8, 2024

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is anyone else unable to purchase the patriot mech? Trying to buy it fills the purchase bar but doesn't actually do anything. Servers must be wheezing hard right now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

I've seen that happen so rarely that I hardly bother anymore unless my sentry does the work for me. They go off course so much that on tight maps it's just as likely to land on you instead of them.

really weird poo poo happens half the time I shoot one down with an EAT. Very often the hit makes the dropship just instantly disappear, followed by its wreckage suddenly sliding into place from the side/emerging from inside the ground, which may or may not be accompanied by bots dying. it does tend to kill the small bots and damage the others though, while putting a big block of cover in place which is useful for fighting the survivors. it seems worthwhile if you have EATs available.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Playing bots last night it feels like they really buffed spawn numbers, which may have been because we were also getting shelled constantly and not calmly picking them off. It was pretty cool.

They did throw in a little modifier last night where they stated that for some reason or another the bots were being particularly aggressive in their deployments, meaning that they were spawning/dropping in higher numbers than usual. They were probably trying to add a little bit of spice to liberating our exosuits.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hello everyone please stop playing so I can play, tia

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

reddit, when the breaker gets nerfed: "WTF ARROWHEAD I'M NEVER PLAYING THIS poo poo GAME AGAIN BALANCE DEVS ARE poo poo"
reddit, when the mech gets surprise released: "WTF ARROWHEAD WHY CAN I NOT PLAY THIS poo poo GAME SERVER ADMINS ARE poo poo"

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

reddit, when the breaker gets nerfed: "WTF ARROWHEAD I'M NEVER PLAYING THIS poo poo GAME AGAIN BALANCE DEVS ARE poo poo"
reddit, when the mech gets surprise released: "WTF ARROWHEAD WHY CAN I NOT PLAY THIS poo poo GAME SERVER ADMINS ARE poo poo"

"multiple groups of people cannot exist in one place at a time"

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LuiCypher posted:

They did throw in a little modifier last night where they stated that for some reason or another the bots were being particularly aggressive in their deployments, meaning that they were spawning/dropping in higher numbers than usual. They were probably trying to add a little bit of spice to liberating our exosuits.
I was definitely getting weird patrol spawns against bugs last night; hopped into a difficulty 4 assassinate bile titan mission for my daily and the patrols were so heavy I literally could not kill them fast enough. Normally you can just fight it out on that difficulty because the patrol spawn rate is sedate enough but this was like on 8/9 where every time I tried to fight it out it'd turn into an endless battle of a new patrol wandering into the fight and calling another breach ad nauseum.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

they really should have dropped the rebalance with the mechs. no one would have cared lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Glad to see people also shooting the bugs' squishy undermeats, I was so cheesed when I discovered that. Gonna try shooting bots in the knees next.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

they really should have dropped the rebalance with the mechs. no one would have cared lol

I think holding off a day and letting the mechs come from a planet liberation on the other side of the galaxy was inspired. Just a sweet lil treat.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Waffle House posted:

Glad to see people also shooting the bugs' squishy undermeats, I was so cheesed when I discovered that. Gonna try shooting bots in the knees next.

Hell, I'm looking to shoot upcoming bees in the knees!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I got to take a mech for a little spin in an easy solo mission for a bit. Had a weird bug where picking things up caused my character to get stuck in place for several seconds, unable to do anything.

Then I found out that you will just one-shot your fancy mech suit if you carelessly fire a rocket at your feet.

Then I killed a bit more bugs on foot until my game crashed.

Guess I'll get back to this tomorrow. :v:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

:getin:

gently caress, the purchase isn't working lmao

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man, it's actually kind of annoying how just screeching for the manager seems to work for nothing that matters

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1765827428646031391

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Fabricated posted:

Man, it's actually kind of annoying how just screeching for the manager seems to work for nothing that matters

Noooo don't suck to reddit, they're going to be flippant and antagonize you no matter what

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is anyone else unable to purchase the patriot mech? Trying to buy it fills the purchase bar but doesn't actually do anything. Servers must be wheezing hard right now.

everybody has access to it anyways right now

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
A lot of customers deserve being told to gently caress off lol

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Kazinsal posted:

I mean yes, reddit is terrible, but maybe the devs will learn from this that surprise release = busted servers

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It was kind of refreshing to see devs troll the poo poo out of people. Shame it won't happen again.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Arrowhead is encountering a sad truth of success: you can't interact with a massive playerbase the same way you interact with a niche audience. The lesson they should take away from this snafu is that they have to tone down the amount of community interaction they have in general.

Anyway, mechs are fun but we're about to lose Angel's Venture because a lot of stuff is bugged and Operations aren't completing properly.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fabricated posted:

Anyone who self-identifies as a gamer should be killed.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

I figured this was the case when everyone was running railguns and focusing different legs. They clearly have multiple health bars or something to that effect.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Janissary Hop posted:

I figured this was the case when everyone was running railguns and focusing different legs. They clearly have multiple health bars or something to that effect.

They do.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fabricated posted:

big L, devs should have the right to be rude in response to harassment

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I sorta hope behind the scenes management was like 'nah we're cool but just come to us next time'

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
good news, missions arent giving rewards right now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kawabata posted:

The entire server is pretty hosed right now, it's a miracle you were even able to get in and complete a mission without getting d/c'd. Probably best to just wait till later and hope it settles out imo.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kawabata posted:

I love completing an operation to get no rewards and not have the next difficulty unlocked. But yeah, avoid playing if you actually want mission rewards apparently

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mordja posted:

Anyone who self-identifies as a gamer should be killed.
it sucks having to modulate talking about my fave hobby irl because of The Gamers but, yeah, agreed,

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

explosivo posted:

I sorta hope behind the scenes management was like 'nah we're cool but just come to us next time'

This

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Hakarne posted:

avoid playing

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wish there was a rejoin game button. I've seen others disconnect and rejoin shortly after, I assume that someone else in the game is their friend though and you can just join friends games.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Fabricated posted:

As someone who did PR for game companies including community management - yes, squeaky wheel gets the grease, but you typically want a qualified person to do it while also explaining it in a sane manner. There are devs that should just focus on their jobs and have an intermediary explain things between them and the community, and on the same token, the ‘mods’ should also not be far up their own rear end to antagonize the people they moderate.

If I was on their team, I’d go to the devs and say “hey, this new update futzed with a lot of player’s expectations and they’re expressing difficulty with it. What can be done?” If the devs are going to fix it, address it, or bring updates, you can definitely twist it in the Helldiver’s universe as “our factories have been sabotaged making our weapons ineffective! Upgraded weaponry coming - here’s a challenge to fight and hold the line as we bring up the firepower”

Telling your player base to “git good” and “stop whining” you’re going to piss off more players and so yes, your damage control is going to have to step in because now it’s more public about your guys being asses.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I started using the buffed laser cannon yesterday and man that thing loving Rips now. It has the penetration of an autocannon or AMR, and it can kill hulks with eye shots and break their weapons and penetrates tank weak spots.

It's still tricky keeping it on target, but if you pair it with EMP mortar or the stun airstrike I could see it being able to do some real work.

Also we had goons rolling with the buffed 380 and it actually works really well now. You can dump one off in the middle of a heavy automation base and clear all the replicators out pretty consistently.

I've been really happy with this patch so far. The breaker and railgun nerds hurt, but so much other stuff got buffed that I feel like the balance is actually getting to be in a much better place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
On the other hand, demanding people be fired because the shotgun got more recoil is an incredibly normal thing to do