Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

cannibalism is alive and well in the GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

jokes posted:

I think it's wild that the state is powerless against death threats other than maybe dispatching a cop or two to stand near you for a week. You're telling me with the surveillance tools available there's no way to track down the guy who used his home/cell phone to call someone and say they want to murder a judge/congressman/whatever? There's no way to try or prosecute that person? lol?

why didn't they shoot that guy who was going to bash Pelosi's husband to death with a hammer lol

Rookie move, he should have told the cops the caller sounded brown and mentioned Allah.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god that shits so loving weird and desperate.

"Not making it? Well, all you have left is to fake it..."

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

jokes posted:

why didn't they shoot that guy who was going to bash Pelosi's husband to death with a hammer lol

Was this Lowtax? Because if so he did it himself. I know he had beef and was banned from twitter over tweeting at Nancy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

A helmeted Proud Boy clad in armor and spiked gloves who hit an officer with a flagpole during the Jan. 6 riots and shouted a “guttural” battle cry from the movie “300” wants to get out of prison early.

In a handwritten letter filed this week in federal court, Jim Robert Elliott — sentenced last year to 37 months in prison after his guilty plea for assaulting officers — said he regretted his actions. He said he’s ashamed that his wife and children carry the financial burden without him due to his recklessness on Jan. 6.

During the course of my sentence, I have had a lot of time to think back and reflect on my actions and I honestly do regret the part that I played in the riot,” he wrote. “Through this whole experience I have used it to put my priorities back where they should have been all along and when I return to my family I plan to pour all of my energy into raising my kids right and making sure that I am there and STAY there to instill them with good values and a faith that is strong enough to stand against life’s many trials.”

He says he is eligible for a reduction because he is a first-time offender, has complied with court orders, and has earned positive reviews from his supervisors for his work as a commissary clerk at FCI Ashland, a low-security federal lockup in Kentucky. He said he’s paid his fine by having his family sell one of his cars back home. He surrendered to begin serving his sentence last July and has been in custody since.

At one point, he faced a mob of rioters behind him and yelled, “Patriots, what is your occupation?”

“Ah-ooh! Ah-ooh! Ah-ooh!” he responded, mimicking a phrase inspired by a battle cry from the movie “300”
about the battle between the Spartans and the Persians at Thermopylae in 480 B.C.

Elliott thrust his flagpole into a line of officers trying to hold back the mob that afternoon. The flagpole made contact with at least one officer.

Elliott then moved to the base of the Capitol’s inauguration scaffolding, repeated the battle cry and then stopped his advance when officers fired chemical irritants at the crowd.

Afterward, he sent texts describing the chant from the movie as his “rally cry” and bragging, “Oh dude wana know one more two thing? I bonked 2 cops…never thought I’d say that lol.”

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mudlark posted:

If there's one thing I hope to accomplish in my life before I inevitably catch a decommissioned soviet spy satellite with my teeth, it's helping people understand just how evil, misbegotten and utterly lunatic american christians have become.

Y'all are joking around, but, no, they're evil and they hate you.

joking?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah that sounds about right, sounds like her husband was there watching so she sunk into the voice automatically.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol he regrets getting caught, fucker is going to go straight back to regressive poo poo after his sentence is done.

like unless he does anti regressive stuff or actual is """"""neutral""""" gently caress him.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I started to feel really bad, and then I remembered he was a Republican being threatened by other Republicans and now I think it's a fine, fine thing.

Oh, really? Well gently caress him, and thanks for the clarification.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

kazil posted:

For starters, the site broke. Far more traffic than it could handle.

It was just him posting catty poo poo, no insight or analysis, just grievances.

LOL!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Can someone please photoshop her onto the "Ralph Wiggum being thrown through a window" image with the caption "Immediately after the response"?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

tek79 posted:

I think it's funny that the only narrative today is "Biden did pretty good! Threw shade at the fascists, and sounded completely coherent!" and "LOL! Did you see that creepier than poo poo Republican rebuttal?" And absolutely nothing as far as I can tell about Trump's Truth Social thing.

That said, does anybody know whatever happened with Trump's stupid thing? Did it even happen?
he ran out of drugs half way through

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah I went Tá/Tá, wouldn't be surprised to see a Tá/Níl outcome but we'll see

I reckon the second as well. They certainly are bored in the station.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

We all know that what he said is important, but what's even more important is the RATINGS!!
... which were 28 Million across nine networks, slightly up from last year.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/2024-state-of-the-union-ratings-1235850488/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Omg please

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Mudlark posted:

If there's one thing I hope to accomplish in my life before I inevitably catch a decommissioned soviet spy satellite with my teeth, it's helping people understand just how evil, misbegotten and utterly lunatic american christians have become.

Y'all are joking around, but, no, they're evil and they hate you.

Yeah, it's obviously going to boil over into some form of violence, in some regions, at some point, but I don't feel like being chastised for encouraging secular people and minorities to arm themselves so I'll just stick to the jokes for today.

Funny lady got the crazy eyes, ha ha.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The "false and defamatory rumors" is that he got a 20 year old staffer pregnant.

Guess he isnt suing anymore.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-rosendale-heidi-heitkamp-pregnant-staffer-rumor_n_65cfd52ce4b0f7fbe7b2aec2

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol how many debates did Trump do in the primary again?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh god, on the one hand I want her to accept so she gets what she's owed. On the other, I want to see that fat sack of poo poo squirm even if it means she gets less.

Thankfully it's her call, and I hope she's happy with the choice she makes.

Edit:

kazil posted:

"It depends. How far away can I stand from him, and can I be upwind from him?"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I mean as long as Carroll gets the money after the appeal is denied I don't really care what moron fronted him the money

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

A good way to get Trump to debate. Pretend you're worried to debate him.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kazil posted:

lol a twitter poll

as far as I know, Paul isn't even being considered for the leadership spot

I vote for RuPaul.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Trixie/Maddy unity ticket

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
oh my god we are all going to die.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1766213294887460931

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1766156207864057982

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

what in the gently caress

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Ha ha you said it Candace

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

hoo-boy, you're gonna want to stay out of the replies on that one

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

No, no, that last bit is still antisemitic no matter what you say, Candace.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

It would be loving hilarious if she did this

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I apologize in advance. I'm so sorry.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

tek79 posted:

I think it's funny that the only narrative today is "Biden did pretty good! Threw shade at the fascists, and sounded completely coherent!" and "LOL! Did you see that creepier than poo poo Republican rebuttal?" And absolutely nothing as far as I can tell about Trump's Truth Social thing.

That said, does anybody know whatever happened with Trump's stupid thing? Did it even happen?

It happened. He live-tweetedtruthed the absolute lamest poo poo. Just whined about everything. It was really sad. It was seen by hundreds of people.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Is Candace Owens talking about Chaya Raichik

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

No chance of opposing it. She and her attorney are getting what's owed her so there's no real reason to fight it. Yeah the source is weird and questionable, but once the check is in the state's hands, it's Donnie's problem to deal with the consequences there.

kazil posted:

Trump won all of the republican primary debates. Which says more about the othet republican candidates than it does about Trump.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 8, 2024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'll take things nobody was saying or doing for $400, Alex

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Is Candace Owens talking about Chaya Raichik

I know she was feuding with Ben Shapiro for a bit, but looking at the replies for any context it's all just groypers posting insanely racist poo poo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Candace Owens gets into a hotep feud with Chaya Raichik would be very 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

conservatives fighting themselves never gets old