Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

NewFatMike posted:

Nice, North Riverside is my usual spot, and I haven’t seen it there yet

Imgur won't let me upload, but I'm standing in front of cases of it right now at North Riverside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Wayne Knight posted:

2nding the kirksig cognac.
My go to drink is the French Connection. That’s cognac and amaretto. If you’re not used to cognac, try it 1:1, then on subsequent occasions work your way towards 2:1. Pour over a few ice cubes.

Oh yeah 2:1 is the way to go

I’m currently having 2 parts cognac, 1 part amaro Montenegro, and a bar spoon of amaretto. If you want something a little more herbaceous

hark posted:

Imgur won't let me upload, but I'm standing in front of cases of it right now at North Riverside

ALHAMDULLILAH thanks for keeping an eye out!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I will try this tonight, thank you!

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

NewFatMike posted:

Oh yeah 2:1 is the way to go

I’m currently having 2 parts cognac, 1 part amaro Montenegro, and a bar spoon of amaretto. If you want something a little more herbaceous

ALHAMDULLILAH thanks for keeping an eye out!

When you make that right turn into the last liquor aisle, not the one sharing space with produce, it'll be on your left almost at the end, in the second to last bay at eye level.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The food court salad chicken strips are so gross, but if you take them home and stir them on the stove with some Bachan sauce then put them back in the salad it's great. I still don't get why they put no char/seasoning on them at all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

The food court salad chicken strips are so gross, but if you take them home and stir them on the stove with some Bachan sauce then put them back in the salad it's great. I still don't get why they put no char/seasoning on them at all.

Yeah that’s too much work

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

hark posted:

When you make that right turn into the last liquor aisle, not the one sharing space with produce, it'll be on your left almost at the end, in the second to last bay at eye level.

Bless you neighbor, hopefully I’ll get some on my next trip in a few days!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My Co food court did not have the roast beef sandwich anymore, replaced by a $7 turkey sandwich.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The 30 day price adjustment rule is so goofy. Bought the Winix air filter 33 days ago and it went down by $30. Wouldn’t do it. Guess I will just return it and buy a new one

I’ve played that game with Amazon before but within the return period. They stopped price matching themselves at all several years ago.

I’ve had this exact conversation a few times

“Hey I bought this thing two weeks ago and you have it for less now, can I get the difference”

“No”

“But I could just order it again, start a return on the first more expensive order, and return the new one when it gets here. That would cost you guys shipping two ways for zero reason. So could I just get a get a price adjustment and not play that game?”

“No”

So that’s what I did out of principle.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bum the Sad posted:

I’ve played that game with Amazon before but within the return period. They stopped price matching themselves at all several years ago.

I’ve had this exact conversation a few times

“Hey I bought this thing two weeks ago and you have it for less now, can I get the difference”

“No”

“But I could just order it again, start a return on the first more expensive order, and return the new one when it gets here. That would cost you guys shipping two ways for zero reason. So could I just get a get a price adjustment and not play that game?”

“No”

So that’s what I did out of principle.

Lol done the same thing with amazon its so stupid

I guess theyre banking on most people being too lazy but the ups store is like across the street from me so its 0 effort on my part

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

pencilhands posted:

Lol done the same thing with amazon its so stupid

I guess theyre banking on most people being too lazy but the ups store is like across the street from me so its 0 effort on my part

The lovely thing is they did price adjustments for over a decade and then just stopped.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Scan guns are gone from self checkout at my Co again

We can't have nice things

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
a couple weeks before st patrick's day they usually have some pretty decent irish soda bread out on an end cap, but i haven't seen it this year. went specifically looking for it today to no avail. maybe next week? this is like the one time of year it's easily available, so hopefully i can get my hands on some

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
u can’t make bread out of soda dumbass

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Me and the wife basically gfave up on costco for the most part. Just too huge of bland portions that go bad. very sad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Me and the wife basically gfave up on costco for the most part. Just too huge of bland portions that go bad. very sad.

Maybe you and your fat wife should learn how to cook and stop buying just the processed foods.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry that was mean I don’t know that your wife is fat I was just assuming.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Maudib Arakkis posted:

What did you buy?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You just need to add some spices to the Kirkland signature gruel

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they're basically the only way to get a competitive price at retail for bullion, apparently

Can I just touch it and not buy

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they got it behind a glass dealio at my local, so i dunno

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Can I buy it

Touch it

And then return it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
specie of any kind is never, ever returnable anywhere. that's basically the holy grail of money-laundering if it is

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they're basically the only way to get a competitive price at retail for bullion, apparently

I just get the better than bouillon which is an even better price.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Soul Dentist posted:

My Zojirushi never sang once :(

Neither did mine. But it's just the coffee mug.

That being said, I make up for it by singing the praises of that thing any time I can. Hands down, best hot mug I've ever had. I've brought it to job sites and dropped it off ladders, the thing is beat up and dented and still works just as well as the day I got it.

I give them away as gifts now, because they're a great gift price point, and most people would never go out of their way to buy a $50 coffee mug.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
You mean the vacuum flask? Yeah my bf uses that daily and tosses it in the dishwasher, it is durable for sure.

I'm a little wimp who needs cream in my coffee and that's kinda too hard to clean out so I gotta use an Ember mug with a lid if I wanna keep coffee hot on the go. I really hate Ember mugs though, the paint peels off and it's really Internet Of poo poo with the smart functions.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Raluek posted:

a couple weeks before st patrick's day they usually have some pretty decent irish soda bread out on an end cap, but i haven't seen it this year. went specifically looking for it today to no avail. maybe next week? this is like the one time of year it's easily available, so hopefully i can get my hands on some

My Costco had it like 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's possible that your Costco did have and already sold out. If you go again before St. Patrick's day and you don't see it, ask one an employee to look it up and check stock status.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jingleheimer posted:

My Costco had it like 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's possible that your Costco did have and already sold out. If you go again before St. Patrick's day and you don't see it, ask one an employee to look it up and check stock status.

Mine just had a ton of Irish soda bread. Didn’t get any though.

It’s one of the easiest breads to make and not really that great imo

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Went to Costco today, was gonna try the turkey sandwich until I saw the calorie count. How the hell is a turkey sandwich more calories than the fried fat bomb that is the chicken bake?!

Needless to say I opted for the consistent calorie-sensible choice that is the glizzy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's slathered in their mayo/mustard mix and it has an absolute shitload of turkey on it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
My daughter’s roommate said they weren’t friends anymore and the they wouldn’t share cookware..

Right when I was at Church. drat, revenge is cheap.

$200 for a really expensive-looking stainless steel set that both looks expensive and will stay perfect with Barkeep’s Friend.

Church owns.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Got two $1.50 dogs to supplement our Costco sushi in Kauai. The drinks were flat, but the dogs more than outperformed the $1.50. PBUC.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ROJO posted:

Got two $1.50 dogs to supplement our Costco sushi in Kauai. The drinks were flat, but the dogs more than outperformed the $1.50. PBUC.

Its telling me I need to travel by plane 12 hrs to get costco sushi. Might be worth it!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Remulak posted:

My daughter’s roommate said they weren’t friends anymore and the they wouldn’t share cookware..

$200 for a really expensive-looking stainless steel set that both looks expensive and will stay perfect with Barkeep’s Friend.

Church owns.

What did your daughter do

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ROJO posted:

they got that hawaiian sun on tap or is it still pepsico’s most basic rear end offerings?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

what if the daughter is bird with big dick and her roommate got pissed off that she keeps cooking weird looking costco poo poo with her cookware

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...

TrashMammal posted:

they got that hawaiian sun on tap or is it still pepsico’s most basic rear end offerings?

I'm sure Kauai is the same as here in Oahu, in which case just the boring rear end Pepsi offerings.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Remulak posted:

Church owns.

I’m not gonna presume like Bird

But why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Friendship with cookware roommate ended

Costco dad is my new best friend