Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I was adamant in prerelease that the conceit for the party power reset would have been Yuffie stealing everything then losing it all herself. Didn't really consider that they just wouldn't address it (which is ultimately ok, for the record).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hate these goddamn sand worms

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Walk without rhythm, Moogle'dib

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't find Yuffie annoying, she's funny and she's a valuable member of the team.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't know if she still plans it, but I'm gonna NEED a sequence where she still steals all your materia. Remix it, reinterpret it if they have to.

I'm only mid-chapter-9 but have been assuming her materia obsession and general shifty-ness which is all very strongly telegraphed will eventually pay off in some version of that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I don't find Yuffie annoying the way that Chadley and Mai are annoying, but I did enjoy bullying her with the minecart.

Now that I think about it, Mai is starting to grow on me. I don't think Chadley can be redeemed without a sudden personality reset though. The closest he got was doing a little actual poo poo talking in the QB tourney.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Thundarr posted:

I don't find Yuffie annoying the way that Chadley and Mai are annoying, but I did enjoy bullying her with the minecart.

Same lol

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

True, Chadley can’t be redeemed because he has nothing needing to be redeemed for.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I beat Lidrehl in Queen's Blood, got the cutscene afterwards in which he told me the card to end all cards is in Nibelheim, but I thought he would be the final QB challenger in Corel, but my map is saying 10 out of 11 players in the region defeated and I don't see another QB challenger in the region map. All the QB challengers are checked off. What do I do here?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I didn't love Chadley, but the moment he decided to note that I hadn't collected any intel in a while after doing a series of main story quests where I couldn't have collected intel, he became my cursed enemy. Buddy, Chapter 9 is happening! I am busy! Bro!!!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The frog kids got mad at me when I left the minigame as if I didn't just spend 20 minutes collecting all of its rewards

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SettingSun posted:

The frog kids got mad at me when I left the minigame as if I didn't just spend 20 minutes collecting all of its rewards

I'm mad at you too, ribbit.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

My favourite thing that Chadley does is when he locks you into multiple lines of inane dialogue when you're just trying to cancel out of the VR mission menu to change your materia quickly and hop straight back in.

And by my favourite thing I mean gently caress off Chadley.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
This game worked really hard to make me finally like Cait Sith after like 30 years of hating him only to immediately undo it all

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I am taking my sweet-rear end motherfucking time with this video game. I'm 11 hours in and I'm juuuuust now sauntering into chapter 3 with the grasslands world intel 100% done. There's a chance the formula will start to wear on me later and I'll be like "nah gently caress this" and start mainlining the story (this did happen with FFXVI sidequests toward the end of that game) but I am savoring the art and the music and the sheer variety both in the combat and of things to do more broadly.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Or you can be a freak like me and be at hour 62 and get to chapter 9 and not be tired of the open world stuff in the slightest. Only time I felt the spirit and soul crushing weight of the game was in the situp minigame and that's because I hate myself and wanted to do the pro-level challenge now instead of waiting until later when they patched it to make it a bit easier.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

One thing I can't find fault with in the game is all the locations look so good and are incredibly detailed. They didn't need to go so ham but they did.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
ok !

post your pirate shootie game scores on the 2nd level (the ghost ship one)

I got 25,926 and I can no longer feel my hands

Sade posted:

I am taking my sweet-rear end motherfucking time with this video game. I'm 11 hours in and I'm juuuuust now sauntering into chapter 3 with the grasslands world intel 100% done. There's a chance the formula will start to wear on me later and I'll be like "nah gently caress this" and start mainlining the story (this did happen with FFXVI sidequests toward the end of that game) but I am savoring the art and the music and the sheer variety both in the combat and of things to do more broadly.

This guy gets it. You don't play this game, you marinade in it.

Vibes ✓
Music ✓
Comedy ✓
Love and attention paid to literally everything happening at all times ✓

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 8, 2024

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

only annoying thing about chadley is that you can't respec your materia without exiting the vr mission menu, so if you need to change something you gotta back out and let him run through his unskippable dialogue before you can talk to him again.

a handful a weird, idk, AAA-isms? in this game, like how if you press dig on your chocobo it has to slow down out of a run and you've probably overshot the target. just a smidge annoying, I guess.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I got to Costa del Sol and just Segwayd around for about five minutes having a blast just knocking poo poo over before I realised you get stuff for driving it and I immediately lost all will to do it despite being halfway to 4ks BC mental illness I guess?

I have the opposite mental illness where I immediately drove around to got to 4k even though I could have just carried on using the thing while advancing other things and turned it in naturally when I finished.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Game is good, just managed to gather up all my troopers, getting ready the starboard and then the boat!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SettingSun posted:

Anyone else notice that the sun sets in the east on this planet, if the scenes at the beach of Costa Del Sol are anything to go by (assuming it isn't a mistake).
I think the sun just sets wherever is the most thematically pleasing for the devs to be honest.

From memory, it sets in the north in the grasslands, the west in Junon, the west on the boat, the east in Corel, ??? in region 4, I want to say south in region 5, north in region 6 and ??? anywhere after.

Wait, the north and the south in region 6?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Maybe the planet has a hosed up axis from the first time it was hit by meteor, and has an irregular, haphazard spin to it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

broken pixel posted:

I didn't love Chadley, but the moment he decided to note that I hadn't collected any intel in a while after doing a series of main story quests where I couldn't have collected intel, he became my cursed enemy. Buddy, Chapter 9 is happening! I am busy! Bro!!!

I got this dialogue talking to him immediately after he introduced the idea of World Intel for the first time... i just wanted to look at the combat simulator chadley , jfc lol

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I got this dialogue talking to him immediately after he introduced the idea of World Intel for the first time... i just wanted to look at the combat simulator chadley , jfc lol

Hooking chadley up to an international network unfortunately resulted in him querying both waifus and negging and now it is time reap.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Not gonna lie, chapter 13 kinda sucks

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Don't blame Chadley he was raised by Hojo.

He should be applauded for only being as annoying as he is.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
He kinda endeared to me once he became more snippy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sucks is a bad word to use cause there's some cool stuff so far, it's just dragging in the first half

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I already loved Chadley for being such a little weirdo, but when he started in on how he loves Alexander because giant robots are cool, that's when I knew I'd do anything for that kid.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Namnesor posted:

I already loved Chadley for being such a little weirdo, but when he started in on how he loves Alexander because giant robots are cool, that's when I knew I'd do anything for that kid.

all his little bweep-bweep interludes were forgiven in that moment

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chadley is a dork but also a genuinely helpful and friend dork who showers you with items and Materia.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RatHat posted:

The sandworm secret is the second swallow starts up change characters and the ai will immediately dodge it for you no problem

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Chadley is a dork but also a genuinely helpful and friend dork who showers you with items and Materia.

He can also teleport, so making me do all this stuff is definitely hiding something sinister.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

The sandworm secret is the second swallow starts up change characters and the ai will immediately dodge it for you no problem

or use yuffie's brumal form

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think you could make the argument that Chadley takes after his dad more than he realizes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I think you could make the argument that Chadley takes after his dad more than he realizes.

"Correct! Comparative brainwave analysis indicates a personality match between myself and Hojo of approximately 76.24%. With one key difference: I have friends like you, Cloud." :)

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Ah, so he ships Aerith/Red like a true man of culture.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

... Does that make him Sephiroth's brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Now that I’ve finished marathonning this, which of the FF7 side-games are worth my time?