Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Mega Comrade posted:

They're gonna stick you in a home just like you did to your parents.

My mom's living her best life next door looking after her grandkids for free. The trick is not to let capitalism atomize your family village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Maybe you're supposed to DIY it with a Sharpie. The guy in the photo crossed them all out, but maybe you only have a problem with patriarchy?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's a checklist. Get to it, sport.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

That is a unit of a cat

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

time works the same way

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bald Stalin posted:

Dogs can't look after you when you're old and full of micro plastics

It's ok we'll all be dead in 30 years anyway.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's ok we'll all be dead in 30 years anyway.

Speak for yourself bub, I don't intend to last more than 10 :smuggo:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wow I usually don't last more than a couple minutes

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Wow I usually don't last more than a couple minutes

I told you it was fine. I take it as a compliment

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pushy cat

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

God Hole posted:

time works the same way

Chonker in Charge

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Chonker in Charge

I want Chonker in charge of me

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Knormal posted:

Pushy cat

What a big Pushy?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ninurta posted:

What a big Pushy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkdrM4QgrA

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/oGRQOvs.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Pt0zW7o.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
that monkey did not consent and told that lady off

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Non Compos Mentis posted:

that monkey did not consent and told that lady off

If it was one of those huge red butt monkeys I’d get it, but that was a regular rear end monkey.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Don't sign your posts

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
It’s always a bit disturbing how monkeys look like us specially when they are pissed off

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Elias_Maluco posted:

It’s always a bit disturbing how monkeys look like us specially when they are pissed off

Turn on your monitor.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Hippocrass posted:

Turn on your monitor.

If their monitor was turned off how would they see your message?

DECADES of goon tradition destroyed by FACTS and LOGIC

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

If it was one of those huge red butt monkeys I’d get it, but that was a regular monkey rear end.

FTFY

Elias_Maluco posted:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

We share over 90% of our DNA with primates, and ~98.8% with chimps specifically.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

We share over 90% of our DNA with primates, and ~98.8% with chimps specifically.
Please stop sharing your DNA with the chimps, I don't wanna have to put the sign back up.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Slugworth posted:

Please stop sharing your DNA with the chimps, I don't wanna have to put the sign back up.

Have you ever tried to say “no” to a chimp?!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

madmatt112 posted:

Have you ever tried to say “no” to a chimp?!

No.

Edit: Wait, does that count?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

wash bucket posted:

No.

Edit: Wait, does that count?

Turn on your monitor

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

We also share 90% of our genes with cats, so I'm not sure that it's the meaningful measure of behavioural similarity that you're implying!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Slugworth posted:

Why people keep fixating on sexy chimps?
The Bonobos are the sex monkeys and not the chumps.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

We also share 90% of our genes with cats, so I'm not sure that it's the meaningful measure of behavioural similarity that you're implying!

Yes people are also destructive assholes.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Issaries posted:

Why people keep fixating on sexy chimps?
The Bonobos are the sex monkeys and not the chumps.

Hate to break it to you, but nobody was talking about sexy chimps until you showed up.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Look, it sounded better without you pointing out the major flaw.

Supposedly we also share something like 50% of our DNA with every single multi-cellular eukaryote in the animalia kingdom.
A mycologist friend of mine also told me that apparently mushrooms share more DNA with us than they do with plants.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't know about the percentage of shared DNA but yes, fungi share a more common ancestor with humans than they do to any plants.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’ve shared dna with hundreds of humans and I can tell you it hasn’t changed my behavior at all

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

freeedr posted:

I’ve shared dna with hundreds of humans mushrooms and I can tell you it hasn’t changed my behavior at all

ftfy

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

freeedr posted:

I’ve shared dna with hundreds of humans mushroms and I can tell you it hasn’t made me a fun guy
fify
fify

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
:drat: :golfclap:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Look, it sounded better without you pointing out the major flaw.

Supposedly we also share something like 50% of our DNA with every single multi-cellular eukaryote in the animalia kingdom.
A mycologist friend of mine also told me that apparently mushrooms share more DNA with us than they do with plants.

A huge chunk of DNA is just basic stuff that almost all life uses in common like cell processes and replication. DNA is also sort of accretion over time, so a species will still carry some from its ancestors even if it’s not used or expressed anymore. So the percentage isn’t very intuitive!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I share 100% of my DNA with Penicillium fungi, which is cool, I never get any illnesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ashcans posted:

A huge chunk of DNA is just basic stuff that almost all life uses in common like cell processes and replication. DNA is also sort of accretion over time, so a species will still carry some from its ancestors even if it’s not used or expressed anymore. So the percentage isn’t very intuitive!
I know that there's a difference between coding and non-coding - both for biologists and doctors. However, it's important to remember that non-coding means it doesn't encode proteins.
For example, lots of the non-coding parts of the human genome has RNA which we know has functionality; it's just that we don't always know the specific functionality, beyond being able to divide it into a couple handfuls of rough categories.

Mind you, biology class was more than a decade and a half ago for me, so it's entirely possible that the science has advanced considerably.

Nenonen posted:

I share 100% of my DNA with Penicillium fungi, which is cool, I never get any illnesses.
Schad's on you, because I'm allergic to you.

BlankSystemDaemon has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Mar 9, 2024