Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Section Z posted:

:mediocre: Gamer posting.

Flinching feels worse than ever combined with ""critical hits (headshots even to your rear end)""

Just a basic quick medium solo vs bots in the Enforcer armor, The fortified midway between medium and heavy suit.

Deaths 1-3: Trying to kill basic bots with the punisher shotgun always being thwarted by them shooting me 0.1 seconds before me, throwing off my shot, repeat until dead. (plenty of near things from sudden crit? Shots to my rear end while running for my lost autocannon). Lots of "I miss my defender/Shoulda brought the breaker" thoughts.

Death 4: oops a light sprinkle from a bot MG turret smaller than a stalwart can decide to be an instant kill sometimes now since the armor "fix"

Fortified still MVP: Did the change to ICBM danger zones increase the danger zone of munition stockpiles? Ragdolled from halfway across the base when I popped it with an autocannon to save time. Only lost half my health. Feels great to be alive!

Free bot (Own it, didn't slot it) at extraction was kinda fun, but the rockets loved zipping an inch past the side of walkers in spite of the crosshair (I was terrified of blowing myself up, guess which side they kept coming in from!), and it takes way too many minigun bullets to bust their legs to feel satisfying in a robots vs robots fight. No wonder people are chanting "Use it against bugs then idiot!"

I literally got out of the mech to kill walkers faster with the autocannon while still having half my minigun ammo left, that is a bad feeling :sigh: No wonder I don't solo suicide if I am this barely adequate.

(getting personal objective rewards, but the second campaign payment owed still feels like a no-show)

Honestly the thing that annoys me the most isn’t even charger and titan hordes, it’s getting stunlocked by hunters and spitters

Is it an intentional balance thing that some weapons don’t have hit markers? Or is it a bug? I’ve noticed it with the stalwart and the exosuit.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Astrochicken posted:

I been seeing a lot of this and I think the community needs to accept that this is what the game master angle means. Stealth changes to enemy ai, armor value, spawn rates, whatever. Cool to behold until it is frustrating to not be able to do what you could before and not really know why. Idk how to feel about it yet but i am definitely hooked (will for sure lead to brand new exciting frontiers in gamer toxicity!)

I mean this specifically is not "Bots are harder now and there are more patrols", it's patrols literally appearing from thin air right in front of you.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

that's always happened, especially when the timer's gone red and patrols are spawning rapidly. it's not ideal, but with procgenned maps its hard to do as good a job as like l4d on mob spawning.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Worf posted:

The mechs are traitors and see the bots as kindred spirits and refuse to kill their own kind

All right since steel versus steel doesn't really work all that well they should give us horses to fight the robots with

Monkey paw curls.

Horses are added as stratagems, but they always die on call in because they're horses and lmao at the thought of a horse not spontaneously dying during the drop.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Apparently those street lights can block 500kg bombs :lmao:
https://i.imgur.com/rLPL3KF.mp4

Section Z posted:

Fortified still MVP: Did the change to ICBM danger zones increase the danger zone of munition stockpiles? Ragdolled from halfway across the base when I popped it with an autocannon to save time. Only lost half my health. Feels great to be alive!

Free bot (Own it, didn't slot it) at extraction was kinda fun, but the rockets loved zipping an inch past the side of walkers in spite of the crosshair (I was terrified of blowing myself up, guess which side they kept coming in from!), and it takes way too many minigun bullets to bust their legs to feel satisfying in a robots vs robots fight. No wonder people are chanting "Use it against bugs then idiot!"
Yeah I'm rocking enforcer armor as well and can tank automaton rockets all day long provided they don't hit my head. I really hope they tone down player headshots because it right now it just feels random if you get one-shot or not.

With the mech's minigun, aim for the Strider's pelvis area to kill them instead of the armored cupola. But on the other hand don't use the mech at all against bots because it's just suicide lol
https://i.imgur.com/bwYLunN.mp4

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Warmachine posted:

Monkey paw curls.

Horses are added as stratagems, but they always die on call in because they're horses and lmao at the thought of a horse not spontaneously dying during the drop.

so the horses are helldivers

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Exodee posted:

Apparently those street lights can block 500kg bombs :lmao:
https://i.imgur.com/rLPL3KF.mp4

Yeah I'm rocking enforcer armor as well and can tank automaton rockets all day long provided they don't hit my head. I really hope they tone down player headshots because it right now it just feels random if you get one-shot or not.

Thank you for also confirming my seeming irrational hatred of indestructible trees or lamp posts in games is justified, Enforcer buddy.

The GTA/GTA clone thousand yard stare will be real for me once we get battle cars.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

that's always happened, especially when the timer's gone red and patrols are spawning rapidly. it's not ideal, but with procgenned maps its hard to do as good a job as like l4d on mob spawning.

I can't believe it'd be hard at all to just have a check within 50 meters of a player to disable spawning of scouts in that area to prevent this from happening, scouts outright popping from nowhere is bullshit and surely couldn't be hard to prevent if the devs actually care once they get other things fixed like the still wonky server backend.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the devs are adding more scouts and theyre gonna be immune to railgun

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just went back to take another look at that exo loadout tweet and would like to emphasize that the “twin autocannon” exo has twin autocannons on each arm

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Is there something about these "eliminate x mechs" missions in a small area I'm missing because jesus christ, that is brutal for the small reward pool

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Fishstick posted:

I mean this specifically is not "Bots are harder now and there are more patrols", it's patrols literally appearing from thin air right in front of you.

it's jank for sure but not on planets with low visibility. i don't know how poo poo works but i doubt every unit on the map takes a drop pod.

helldivers 2: it's a feature, not a bug

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The Oldest Man posted:

Is there something about these "eliminate x mechs" missions in a small area I'm missing because jesus christ, that is brutal for the small reward pool

you just have to kill the 400 or so mechs. even if you don't extract you get credit for the operation.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Cimber posted:

Is there a way to get hooked up with Goons and not pubbies?

There’s a goon discord in the first post I think. I see folks call for goons regularly to play.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Oldest Man posted:

"Gamers"™ complained they were too easy. Devs were on the case ASAP.

I was on team "But you can't even get any good samples per run?"

It also felt like the same sort of person really mad about "Farmers" were often the ones angry about "Low level idiots in difficulties they don't belong in", not understanding the monster they created.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 9, 2024

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Section Z posted:

It also felt like the same sort of person really mad about "Farmers" were often the ones angry about "Low level idiots in difficulties they don't belong in", not understanding the monster they created.

they were too easy and they're a lot of fun now

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

turn off the TV posted:

they were too easy and they're a lot of fun now

it used to take longer to pick your kit and dive in than it did to complete and thats not even an exaggeration

at least now you have to actually do something besides call in a couple of turrets or w/e

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Section Z posted:

It was so easy it developed an entire farming community so the change in the map was definitely needed. The issue is they also nerfed the experience by 40% at the same time they made it a real mission.

At the old rate it would feel more rewarding to win but the map should always have been that hard.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Section Z posted:

Thank you for also confirming my seeming irrational hatred of indestructible trees or lamp posts in games is justified, Enforcer buddy.

The GTA/GTA clone thousand yard stare will be real for me once we get battle cars.

You can destroy the lamps by shooting them though

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Loving the game so far. Just had a sour experience, I've been joining those squads you see on the galactic map just so I can play with others instead of by myself. Didn't realise people can troll you by constantly killing you with their droppods before kicking you from their game. I wasted 10 mins and got nothing to show for it. I'm now a tad bit more apprehensive about joining public games as there doesn't seem to be any protection against this sort of behaviour?

Why host a game publicly if you're just gonna boot people from it.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
there are trolls like that in every game but the positive experiences I've had in this game far outweigh the negatives. the community isn't as solid as drg but it still seems overall pretty good

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I reckon the community will improve a fair bit once the bandwagon people leave for the next thing. And yeah, things are overwhelmingly positive in my experience so far. Just a few weirdos here and there.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

LazyMaybe posted:

A nice thing about the mech it seems not everyone has realized is that you can open up the map and just leave it open while still aiming/shooting as usual, for increased awareness of enemies.

I can't put pings down on my map without firing off my guns when in the mech.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 9, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Qubee posted:

Loving the game so far. Just had a sour experience, I've been joining those squads you see on the galactic map just so I can play with others instead of by myself. Didn't realise people can troll you by constantly killing you with their droppods before kicking you from their game. I wasted 10 mins and got nothing to show for it. I'm now a tad bit more apprehensive about joining public games as there doesn't seem to be any protection against this sort of behaviour?

lmao

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ok my extraction shuttle actually killed me this time and I couldn't retrieve my rare samples because of the 1.5 billion things that spawned in around them. Idk what I did to piss the fleet off but they clearly have it out for me.

And yeah, it's annoying af watching entire patrols just materialize in front of or on top of you. This game already has enough to gently caress you over by design, it doesn't need janky bullshit like that!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i could see them addressing randomly appearing enemies, considering how many legitimate means they have to appear already

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Qubee posted:

There's no protection against dickheads, but there's also no penalty for just leaving a game. If it sucks, hit da bricks!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it is loving unbelievable how hard it is to get randoms to press the double buttons for bunkers with you.

I was trying to get (nearby!) players to come over to one just now.
typed in chat "buttons here", no response. then "bunker here", still nothing.
pinged the spot multiple times, no reaction.
reinforce someone right next to it to ensure they see it, completely ignored.
turn on my mic to say "hey, buttons here, could someone come over", nada.

these guys just hate multiple chances at supercred drops I guess. situational awareness -100

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Gone Fashing posted:

there are trolls like that in every game but the positive experiences I've had in this game far outweigh the negatives. the community isn't as solid as drg but it still seems overall pretty good

it's very hit or miss in terms of good people to play with as the playerbase is too large but the Dick Factor is extremely low for a game where it is too easy to just wipe the entire party all the time.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pop in stalker/hulk gangs has really begun to be a problem

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Qubee posted:

host your own game and kick people if they're being dicks

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

Pop in stalker/hulk gangs has really begun to be a problem

Weird spawn-ins seem to be a thing right now. I was looting around in a PoI for samples while my team was a short distance away, and when I turned around a patrol had appeared between us when there hadn’t been a single red dot on the map five seconds ago.

Huckabee Sting
Oct 2, 2006

A stolen King, a burning ego, and a gas station katana.
The worst experience I have had in this game was with a weird pubby. We had one of those magical moments when everyone is in sync and things are just clicking. But then the host decided to kick one of the players to invite his friend. The friend would whine about how unfair it was when he died in the most nasally voice I've ever heard. And he died a lot. The magic was lost and we lost that mission, and the party split.

Overall I havent had too many issues with pubbies.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Help me devs the stalkers are stalking

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bussamove posted:

Weird spawn-ins seem to be a thing right now. I was looting around in a PoI for samples while my team was a short distance away, and when I turned around a patrol had appeared between us when there hadn’t been a single red dot on the map five seconds ago.

at least they spawned while you were turned around, seeing enemies phase into existence in front of you really sucks

Rectal Death Alert posted:

It was so easy it developed an entire farming community so the change in the map was definitely needed. The issue is they also nerfed the experience by 40% at the same time they made it a real mission.

At the old rate it would feel more rewarding to win but the map should always have been that hard.

fwiw one of the current orders says that automaton planets have "increased resistance," or something along those lines. if that's an actual modifier effecting the difficulty of automaton missions, which it seems to be, then it wouldn't surprise me if the disparity in the defense mission difficulty to xp reward winds up being more in line with how it was beforehand without that modifier.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I think they know that the spawns on bots are janky and have mentioned the increased resistance in the orders to acknowledge

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

flashman posted:

I think they know that the spawns on bots are janky and have mentioned the increased resistance in the orders to acknowledge

i mean them doing things like dropping multiple tanks off directly on top of the players when the mission starts without needing a commissar to spot them, not patrols phasing into existence in front of you. the bad patrol spawns happens with the bugs just as much as the robots.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing they should probably do is cut down on super credits appearing in trivial missions and increase super credits appearing in the hardest difficulties instead of req's and rare materials.

I imagine lots of people launching/quitting out of solo trivial missions to farm SC is both gonna strain the server and mess with their revenue stream.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve also noticed dropships not exploding when I down one. More often than not today it’ll just despawn and the bots drop anyway, which means I still have a drop to deal with and now I’m also down the EAT on my back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

My experience of the suit was that it temporarily flips the tables and you become the walking death that ploughs through the horde. It felt fun, powerful, and cool.

I can't relate at all to that dour poo poo some other people have said about it.

I like it a lot, still deciding on if its worth a slot (on bug missions, I do not think its worth it on bot missions).

Two calldowns definitely makes it more attractive. I can myself replacing Orbital Laser with it for sure, as it's useful in the same situations. That being said it also has a lot more setup, longer calldown time, and might just explode before you even get into it if you're being swarmed so definitely a trade off. On the positive, should be able to kill four or more titans and chargers quite easily.

LegionAreI posted:

I sure would like to be able to add my PS5 friends I convinced to buy the game to my friend list. Apparently it's borked in multiple ways other than that too. :(

You can't use the friend codes in the social tab? Whats the issue exactly, haven't heard about this.

Cimber posted:

Is there a way to get hooked up with Goons and not pubbies?

There should be a discord link in the OP, I went in there and got access to a google sheet with a ton of people in it. I didn't know them before but now we've played together quite a bit, many of us. Just remember not to regenerate your friend code, just do it once before you post then add other people. I'm Play on there as well if you want to add me.

Hwurmp posted:

poor Patriot, thought about ants & died

I don't get the flamethrower; all I ever see people do is expend a whole fuel tank to kill a charger, or much more often set themselves on fire

I've never set myself on fire once, you need to know when to stop shooting and flee/dive.

But yeah, it's still not the best weapon and should've been buffed more. That being said, it's absolutely amazing for choke points and breaches, and at the very least it CAN kill up to three Chargers at once if you're agile enough and aim correctly. You can also kill a charger in well less than a canister if you aim properly. More relevant than ammunition, you can take them out in only two of their charging attacks. I would prefer further buffs but I've come to enjoy it with bugs, a good complement to the rest of my tools which are longer range.

Play fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 9, 2024