Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Iymarra posted:

Really want to see blitzo and stolas actually Be A Thing though. Please don't break my heart, show :(

I'm not sure it's clear to me that Blitz really cares for Stolas, even though the reverse is true.

inchworm posted:

stolas can petrify people with the eye trick

he does it in loo loo land once then never again iirc

I think he tries in the episode where gets kidnapped, but Striker took precautions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe

Small White Dragon posted:

I'm not sure it's clear to me that Blitz really cares for Stolas, even though the reverse is true.

I think he tries in the episode where gets kidnapped, but Striker took precautions.

I disagree that Blitz doesn't care for Stolas, I think he's not willing to accept those feelings at this point but several episodes have him stumbling over words when referring to their relationship. Even Fizz calls him out over acting like its nbd.

I also kinda wonder how much both use the grimour as an excuse to see each other... Its been mentioned in the show that ya don't need to be in possession of the book to use its spells so why make such a big thing about who has it?

Inversely, I think Stolas is more than capable of defending himself as seen with his eye powers as well as rescuing Blitz from the DHORKS compound... Even with Striker he's nonchalant about the predicament until the "am I in danger??" line - kinda felt like the o poo poo moment of someone feeling legit threatened for the first time vs the kinda person who hires a security detail to feel safe.

How Blitz looked seeing Stolas taken to the hospital was not the face of someone in a purely transactional fling, neither was the line said in disbelief of "he can get hurt??" kinda felt like Blitz seeing Stolas as a complete person for the first time and his own callousness towards them coming into focus.

Unrelated: all the pictures of baby Stolas on the walls of his father's house holding an imp plushie are adorable :3 I wonder if Stolas has had a thing for imps all along.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

Dirty Beluga posted:

stumbling over words when referring to their relationship.

him trying to get around explaining the details and landing on "it's a transactional loving, you see" in the moon harvest ep is one of my favorite bits

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Fun Shoe

inchworm posted:

him trying to get around explaining the details and landing on "it's a transactional loving, you see" in the moon harvest ep is one of my favorite bits

Ahahaha yes! There's a bunch of those moments where Blitz would normally have a zinger or his usual dismissive nature but he gets stumbly and blushy while trying to play it off.

It's my headcannon that both Blitz and Fizz end up with matching bird daddis and live happily ever after.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dirty Beluga posted:

Ahahaha yes! There's a bunch of those moments where Blitz would normally have a zinger or his usual dismissive nature but he gets stumbly and blushy while trying to play it off.

It's my headcannon that both Blitz and Fizz end up with matching bird daddis and live happily ever after.

That's more or less the upcoming canon itself.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dirty Beluga posted:

How Blitz looked seeing Stolas taken to the hospital was not the face of someone in a purely transactional fling, neither was the line said in disbelief of "he can get hurt??" kinda felt like Blitz seeing Stolas as a complete person for the first time and his own callousness towards them coming into focus.

It's a great moment and I love his delivery. The moments of "o poo poo it's real" where his snide facade drops are the best.

Really the handling of what, if any, feelings Blitzo has (or allows himself to have) toward Stolas has been such a long, subtle burn that you could easily downplay or deny any one of the contributing moments, but taken as an entire pattern whatever ends up happening will seem obvious in retrospect.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

blitzo cares about stolas but that poo poo is locked behind like 7 layers of defensive irony

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Fun Shoe

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

blitzo cares about stolas but that poo poo is locked behind like 7 layers of defensive irony

I often wonder if this is why the character connects with so many SA types.....

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
blitz the goon

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Fun Shoe

inchworm posted:

blitz the goon

Legit be suprised if they dont have him on the foums in a split second gag at some point

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

inchworm posted:

blitz the goon

Blitz tells the LP forum about his mercenary adventures but they actually happened.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just a completely ordinary, indistinguishable poster in the Pet Island horse thread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Making outrageous typos constantly

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Darth Walrus posted:

Just a completely ordinary, indistinguishable poster in the Pet Island horse thread.

Blitz tries to start an MLP thread and gets into a shouting match with people over weird dumb poo poo, spends contract funds on redtexts for his posting enemies so he never gets banned.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Has to keep rereging because his phone keeps getting smashed and he forgets his password

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he admits a ton of crimes on the forum and posts pictures as proof.

"I DO KILL PEOPLE YOU ANAL FUCKS, SEE"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he admits a ton of crimes on the forum and posts pictures as proof.

"I DO KILL PEOPLE YOU ANAL FUCKS, SEE"

And all he gets is a :rolleyes: emote in response.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Am I the only one who suddenly wishes Brandon Rogers posted here.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
do not wish that upon him

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blitz keeps asking questions about dog care in Pet Island and it takes four years for someone to realize that he's being literal when he keeps calling his "wolf hybrid" his daughter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

btw it cracks me up that the hellhounds are all just ... dogs. Like every random breed of dog. There are hellpoodles and hellborzois and helldachshunds

That is SAH ... not fatch

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Crazy thing about Hellhounds is they're treated as both beings and pets.

It's why Loona gets so pissed at some "I'm not just his hellhound".

Pretty messed up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, it’s weird. Hellhounds are intelligent beings with their own society (specifically the Gluttony Ring) yet Blitz basically got Loona from a dog kennel

Though then again, Imps can also be sold into servitude as the higher ups demand

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 7, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Crazy thing about Hellhounds is they're treated as both beings and pets.

It's why Loona gets so pissed at some "I'm not just his hellhound".

Pretty messed up.

yeah it seems like hellhounds and imps are the "Mudsill" classes with imps possibly being above them

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Larryb posted:

Yeah, it’s weird. Hellhounds are intelligent beings with their own society (specifically the Gluttony Ring) yet Blitz basically got Loona from a dog kennel

someone said up thread that might be the bad side of gluttony, lots of unwanted kids that basicaly get tossed into whatever lovely system is there. its clearly a thing because Bee(or the agent representing her) signs the adoption.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Saw it on reddit:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Last Call posted:

Saw it on reddit:

Bob Barker says to spay and neuter your pets

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*Loona's eyes start twitching*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hell has its own internet, clearly it'd be Something Even More Awful. (There's Lowtax jokes to be made, probably.)

But yeah, I think the thing is with Blitz and Stolas is that it's about as messy as you can get, but there's clearly something there. Blitz genuinely enjoys Stolas' company, at least when it's on his own terms, and while he's been happy to use sex as a weapon, a distraction and a bargaining chip, he clearly goes above and beyond with Stolas, the two are extremely compatible. There's a bit in common there too- like when Stolas gets kidnapped, Blitz decides to send Moxxie and Millie to rescue him after Stolas shows worry about his daughter, something Blitz can clearly personally relate to.

That said, the two of them actually forming a stable relationship would definitely be a show finale kind of thing, since it is kinda the natural ending to their current personal arcs. Might be why they've introduced the focus on Fizz and Ozzie as a mirror couple, to explore what those dynamics look like with similar but different characters, with much more healthy attitudes towards relationships- and a much higher profile, showing the risks they're having to take.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

someone said up thread that might be the bad side of gluttony, lots of unwanted kids that basicaly get tossed into whatever lovely system is there. its clearly a thing because Bee(or the agent representing her) signs the adoption.

And sad thing is, Loona probably got a better deal than many out of that. Blitz has given her his room, shows obvious concern and love for her, gets her proper medical care and even gives her a job- and notably does not take advantage of that anywhere near as much as he could, given the joke that despite her probably not being formally trained or experienced, she's way better at brutal violence than the rest of IMP. Stronger, anyway, I can see Blitz also not wanting her to get in serious fights because she may be much stronger, but far less skilled, experienced and equipped than himself, Moxxie and Millie, and someone like Striker could actually seriously hurt or kill her.

Someone's said that Loona being a wolf hybrid would track a lot; she may have been adopted multiple times before because 'aw so cute and fwuffy' and then returned because she doesn't act the way those idiots would want, giving her serious abandonment issues among other things. Blitz treats her more like you should treat a large, poorly treated, bad-tempered animal; respecting her space, showing patience, letting her handle things at her own pace and pulling her out when she's no longer in the mood for it. (and being prepared for a very bad time if there's something you can't wait for)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
A lot of people expect Stolas and Blitzo to get together since it’s built into us that they are destined to be together despite all the tragedy and past history. Blitzo really is a toxic guy and needs to work out his poo poo and get it together, but the odds of that suddenly happening is not likely. It’s a thing someone like him would have to work on and struggle with for a long time. If this wasn’t a show even if they ended up together, I would view their relationship as doomed. Stolas is a person who appears to have made little real friends, his relationships are virtually nonexistent and he’s fixated on his first friend ever. This reads for a stalkerish like obsession that is beyond unhealthy and it is definitely is unhealthy. As much as Blitzo needs to work out his stuff, Stolas really needs to work out some of his own issues, thankfully he is actually doing that. Getting the divorce, getting rid of Stella, trying to work on things with his daughter and now he’s going to show Blitzo it’s not about using him as a gently caress toy.

We all know due to Blitzo’s mindset he’s going to totally misread it and that will be that for a time and them being apart and working on their own selves is very much needed. Some times to get together, you first got to be apart. Being with someone else is difficult, especially when you don't know yourself.

Loona is definitely in a better place compared to where she was and you can tell she’s changing. She’s growing, showing she cares and not being a total sadistic rear end in a top hat. The whole finding Octavia job likely helped her as well, she got to see another example of a father and daughter who obviously cared for each other. They didn’t always know how to express it, but they were trying. It counts. It applies to her and Blitzo. She’s not fully there yet herself, but one day.

Things take time.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh, totally agree - I'd not wish Blitz or Stolas on each other in their current state.... like... at all. They're both disasters.

Growth needs to happen however I feel people are hopeful as it seems we've come into their lives at a pivotal moment where whatever momentum they've had up till this point has run out - Stolas is standing up for himself for the first time, Blitz's reunion with a childhood friend he'd written off (and the unwinding of a lot of that associated baggage) his business starting to pick up, Loona beginning to need direction... all signs point to change and it's interesting to see what will come and how individuals used to coasting will develop and grow.

Whats interesting to me, and why I don't write off their relationship as doomed to fail is how much of the dysfunction is intertwined in each others past - They have context for why each has ended up like this, and, as both are very guarded it's a unique perspective not likely to be found elsewhere. With that understanding comes (hopefully) patience for the others growth where a 3rd party would rightfully gently caress off and save themselves from the pending implosion.

Perfect world both would get some therapy and only approach another for companionship once they develop some serious self awareness, but that isn't their reality, their story is all over the place and to expect such messy people to grow The Correct Way isn't realistic; how these two will figure their poo poo out while flailing and screaming the whole time is exactly the draw, and, why I hope they come out together at the end.

Dirty Beluga fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 9, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Though at the same time, maybe while this show is blowing up all sorts of other norms, maybe it's just as well for it to eschew finally-perfected romance as a foregone-conclusion ending for star-crossed lovers. We can maybe think of a satisfying final trajectory for these characters that isn't shakespearean tragedy OR "happily ever after".

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If the show can do something original I'll applaud them for it.

But based on how people get online and how rabid shippers are, I expect a mostly positive outcome because anything else invites threats and hate untold.

Already seen people accuse Viv of being homophobic in the past due to how some characters act in the show like Crimson.

These people really don't understand what is going on.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
After rewatching the show again, I'm not a super fan of Husk and Angel's relationship. It just feels rushed and kind of forced. I just think they (at this point at least), would be better off as just friends instead of in some sort of romantic relationship.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gothmog1065 posted:

After rewatching the show again, I'm not a super fan of Husk and Angel's relationship. It just feels rushed and kind of forced. I just think they (at this point at least), would be better off as just friends instead of in some sort of romantic relationship.

I prefer it that way myself.

I don't expect it to stay that way mind you.

One thing I'm happy about The Amazing Digital Circus is that the creator has said people can ship whoever they want, but the show isn't about getting into actual relationships so don't expect that.

I find it refreshing.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Gothmog1065 posted:

I dunno, I can definitely buy the angle of Angel falling hard and fast for the first person to truly resonate with him, though I don't think Husk has been depicted as reciprocating those feelings though personally. Could be an interesting arc for Angel to decide if his feelings for Husk are genuinely love or if he's just revelling in the freedom Husk brought him.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Pyrotoad posted:

I dunno, I can definitely buy the angle of Angel falling hard and fast for the first person to truly resonate with him, though I don't think Husk has been depicted as reciprocating those feelings though personally. Could be an interesting arc for Angel to decide if his feelings for Husk are genuinely love or if he's just revelling in the freedom Husk brought him.

A good true friend is the route I want them to go, someone who will support you, help be there for you and just like you for being the real you. And not because they want to plug your holes. Feels regressive in some ways to make it into a relationship purely by going that way.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

The Last Call posted:

A good true friend is the route I want them to go, someone who will support you, help be there for you and just like you for being the real you. And not because they want to plug your holes. Feels regressive in some ways to make it into a relationship purely by going that way.

Especially given most of Angel's problems are wrapped up in sex. One of the things I was surprised the show had the awareness to do is that, once he had a friend who knew and cut through his bullshit, he stopped being offensively inappropriate around and to his friends. Often those suffering from abuse can try to normalize it or flaunt the form it comes in, in an attempt to own it and have a modicum of a sense of control. Him dropping it would be a sign of coming to terms with his circumstances.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I got the whole vibe that Angel and Husk get along better specifically once Angel started talking to him as a peer and not trying to tease or hit on him, the whole point of Loser Baby is Husk recognising that he can see Angel's problems and emphasises with them, that both of them are hosed up and in the thrall of horrible demon sociopaths and seeking unhealthy coping mechanisms for it- not just sex, drugs and violence but fragile, defensive pride. It works entirely on a platonic level as well as maybe romantically, but could go either way. Might be some shipping goggles in action taking it as a given they'd be hooking up, though.

And yeah, seems to be a sign that he's no longer acting inappropriate around the Hotel crew (except when it's really funny) because he's more comfortable around them and doesn't need to try to exert control or defend his pride. Angel strikes me as pretty similar to Blitz in a fair few ways; both are extremely socially aggressive and defensive, sassy mostly-gay men coping with serious trauma and issues in a toxic society. (I do wonder if Blitz was developed partly from working with Angel's character... heh, it's not hard to picture Brandon Rogers voicing him instead)

The Last Call posted:

If the show can do something original I'll applaud them for it.

But based on how people get online and how rabid shippers are, I expect a mostly positive outcome because anything else invites threats and hate untold.

Already seen people accuse Viv of being homophobic in the past due to how some characters act in the show like Crimson.

These people really don't understand what is going on.

Viv came out of Tumblr in the first place, she's very much used to it I'm pretty sure. 'Depiction=endorsement' bullshit is a song and dance she's already been through.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

As per word of God Angel and Husk are endgame. But Viv has flat out said they're a multi-season slowburn that starts out with friendship. From what I gather they're going to start showing interest next season but that might be several episodes in. And it's definitely not going to be like sex comes into the equation any time soon. I get the feeling Angel would wildly benefit from a relationship where sex takes a backseat to actual respect and mutual interests. The fact Husk not only sees through his defensive mechanisms but is incredibly patient with him definitely has caught his interest at least by the end of season one.