Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yeah Volatile Reversal sadly isnt really replaceable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Wuxi posted:

Yeah Volatile Reversal sadly isnt really replaceable

Came to the same conclusion. EHG give me a button for 30% attack speed for 5 seconds please and thank you.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Avalerion posted:

Are there any tricks for leveling a second char faster, anything like diablo3’s hellfire rings or gem of ease?

After you did level in monos you can skip major parts of campaign, most notably imperial dreadnaught in a4 that takes you to shining cove which is a path to temporal sanctum, which leaves you in a9 majelka
If you are getting friends help, then its lightless arbor to corrupted lake to BOTH imperial dreadnaught mentioned above and soulfire bastion to the arena in heoborea

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Judgement can give frenzy for 4 seconds. meh

Just one shot by an arena AOE from Jula haha

Oh I was supposed to change time

euphronius fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 9, 2024

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Phobeste posted:

are there any good marksman fast attack builds? like "turn my bow into a machine gun" style? just looking at the skill tree i'm not quite sure what you're supposed to do there

Multi shot marksman is what you want for maximum arrows.

There's also one that spams cinder strike at high speed that then procs meteors. Also a frost arrow build. They all play exactly the same except you spam a different main attack.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zereth posted:

And without somebody else's assistance you need to get to chapter 9's town to get access to the services of your chosen faction. You can join them early on alts and get the passive effects of CoF or whatever it is the bazzar has just for being in it but you can't do prophecies or access the vendors or use the actual AH.

You can run Temporal Sanctum and exit directly to Act 9 after you finish it, if it's an alt you probably have keys for it banked.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Video directly on topic, his clips have been decent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGSLYU98GjM

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah Raxx makes good content and usually knows what he's talking about and that guide is spot on.

My Warlock is 99 and basically "done" except I still haven't gotten the Immolator's Oblation belt to drop even though I've done ~10 tier 4 Soulfire Bastions. Getting that would be a pretty massive dps increase against bosses or any other tough enemies so it's pretty annoying not getting it yet. I'm also still looking for 2+ LP ladle, exsang, twisted heart, etc. but all the ones I have are 1 LP with a good affix currently at least.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I need to iron out my affixes for surge/static Spellblade; using Flamebrand as a main attack fills my charge stacks up insanely fast but leaves me short on mana when i dump and using mana strike has the opposite issue. Otoh im starting another manaless spellblade build that might work really well - 0-mana Mana Strike that triggers spark bolts and *i think* 0-mana lightning arcs, frostbolts, and eventually lightning blasts, buffed by autocasting 0 mana Enchant Weapon, and Static in the last slot to stack up and shoot lightning blasts for free

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Testing it Judgement can keep up fervor indefinitely and its damage scales similar healing hands . But you don't get the increased damage taken debuff. Which is probably enormous.

But !! It’s much more theme appropriate and fits the class fantasy

euphronius fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 9, 2024

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

If you want to farm Exile Mages, I think I found a very efficient method. There's a map in Reign of Dragons (and maybe other places?) called Solarum Ascent. It's very small. Small enough to see Exile Mages on loading on. Good probabilities too.

Here's the map. I placed an orange (unique) icon where you spawn, and a smaller red (key) icon where the Exile Mage can spawn.

My strategy was that if I spawned at the Southern point, and see nothing, leave immediately. If I spawn at the Middle point, I run up to the North point since there's 2 chances there for a Mage spawn. And if I spawn in the North and see nothing, just leave again. I did this for an hour and managed to run 215 echos, finding 74 mages and 51 chests. There's almost no chance of running into a boss that will complete the echo by mistake. They usually spawn in the South when you spawn in the Middle and North, and spawn in the North when you spawn in the South. Out of about 400 runs, maybe 3 times I saw a lone Spire in the North when I spawned in the Middle that I had to carefully avoid.

I was running this at 1005 corruption with 2 40% increased rarity nodes from finding "enemies enrage at 50%" nodes before running the Solarum Ascent. I basically ignored enemies except those around the Mage Exile.

I also tried a different method where if I spawned in the North, I would always run to Middle and check. That netted me 165 echos and 66 mages. I wasn't recording the chests at the point. The mage numbers aren't so bad if you do it that way, and way less reloading the echo.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Im using a chronic fissure build and liking it, but it was a guide made 2 weeks ago and now im kind of winging it because everyone has abandoned all warlock builds to do the new broken thing. Which is fine but also a bummer because it doesn’t feel like there are lots of cool builds to try out like usual.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a way to set up a filter condition that shows items with 2x exalted mods?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there a way to set up a filter condition that shows items with 2x exalted mods?

Yes, in the Affix condition section of the filter, you can check the "advanced options" button to do that. You would basically want to check all affixes as a baseline, choose "2 of these affixes on the same item" and say the tier of the individual affixes must be greater than 5. You could deselect any affixes that are truly garbage that you would never want or care about to narrow it down a bit, although double exalt items are not all that common to begin with so seeing all of them wouldn't really flood you with too much stuff to look through.

I'm at ~15 tier 4 soulfire bastion clears now and still no belt. 18% drop chance feels like a lie. Pre 1.0 I had a ton of them though so it's just bad RNG I assume. Then again, I see some reddits/posts elsewhere with people running ~40 Tier 4s and not seeing the belt which would be like a 0.01% chance of happening if true. I know I've gotten zero uniques from him several times so maybe there actually is something bugging it out.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 9, 2024

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm not really vibing with my warlock.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

If dungeons are meant to be story skips, they probably shouldn't 1-shot at tier 1 and require a full build to do the boss.

Actually, it would be really cool if they would just let me skip the boss and come out the other side.

edit I have 600 hp im level 51, the tier 1, level 45 soulfire bastion does NOT need to go this hard! I can't even see the giant golems lobbing 3 pointers from 3 screens away because I have like 12 skeletons, the punishment for that should not be 1 key, I'm not even here for the loot! I would gladly do this without loot if they would just let me by!

Dungeons are by far the worst part of this game

A Moose fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 9, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on my 2nd character i figured i would skip through the dungeons to make it faster. i was basically just wearing move speed uniques with 300hp and died like 3 times trying to do the lvl 20 dungeon lol. just ran through the rest of the campaign normally.

when crafting and it says it is going to use 1-10 forging potential and then it uses 15 is that supposed to be like a critical failure or something? because it sucks

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

euphronius posted:

Testing it Judgement can keep up fervor indefinitely and its damage scales similar healing hands . But you don't get the increased damage taken debuff. Which is probably enormous.

But !! It’s much more theme appropriate and fits the class fantasy

Here is the "why Volatile Reversal is the best skill in Last Epoch" video that convinced me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAgWXvpXCU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

All the dungeons feel pretty well done, although the random pathways in Arbour are pretty loving annoying. They are visually distinct and have mechanics and rewards that set them apart from standard Monolith gameplay.
They are mostly useless as a campaign skip though - if you wanna get to Monoliths asap, rush through the campaign until you get the lance in A7, then do monos until you're ready for t1 Temporal Sanctum, skip to A9 and get your faction unlock. Anything else is a waste of time.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Or just message any of the God Gamers itt and we'll plvl you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I started leveling a Falconer this morning and, lol.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Awesome! posted:

when crafting and it says it is going to use 1-10 forging potential and then it uses 15 is that supposed to be like a critical failure or something? because it sucks

I made it to nearly 100 and never knew that it tells you what it will use in the first place. Always just a slot machine for me lol. Where does it show that???

Lpzie posted:

Or just message any of the God Gamers itt and we'll plvl you.

The amount out times I've seen you refer to yourself like this ITT as this is really weird. A just a bit cringey.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 10, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Homie got a beastmaster in the top 20 arena leaderboards, he can brag if he likes

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i just did the Temporal skip to act 9 on my low mana spellblade at like level 48 and it was fine? Had one close call on the boss when she starts doing the homing shots at low hp but a Flame Ward and a pot fixed it. I'm still kind of figuring the mechanics out but I think this build might be an answer to the high-mana Static node - Mana Strike procs Frost Claw, Mana Arc, Spark Charges, and eventually Lightning off Frost Claw and I might be able to fit more damage at 0 mana nodes too, and then I can dump a big mana Static whenever I go positive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here is the "why Volatile Reversal is the best skill in Last Epoch" video that convinced me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAgWXvpXCU

Thanks.

if I get stuck somewhere I will switch to it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Suburban Dad posted:

The amount out times I've seen you refer to yourself like this ITT as this is really weird. A just a bit cringey.

he's hands down the best last epoch player in the thread he might as well be mod of the subforum

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

he's hands down the best last epoch player in the thread he might as well be mod of the subforum

THANK YOU !!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

to be fair he's also super annoying and made of 90% lovely low effort posts by volume

But respect for making Beastmaster work.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Suburban Dad posted:

A just a bit cringey.

I'll rip the bandaid off for you and say it's extremely cringe behavior that even people who reached challenger in league of legends (when it mattered) wouldn't do that poo poo

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Suprfli6 posted:

I'm at ~15 tier 4 soulfire bastion clears now and still no belt. 18% drop chance feels like a lie. Pre 1.0 I had a ton of them though so it's just bad RNG I assume. Then again, I see some reddits/posts elsewhere with people running ~40 Tier 4s and not seeing the belt which would be like a 0.01% chance of happening if true. I know I've gotten zero uniques from him several times so maybe there actually is something bugging it out.

I ran ~25 tier 3s early on to get the belt to drop, and I've run a dozen or so T4s since then with no belt drop. I've had more than a few runs on both t3 and t4 without a unique drop. It's all anecdotal, but the impression I get from my experience and what I've read is that the belt is pretty drat rare. Add on needing to get LP and the substat roll changing damage from 160/200/240... it just sucks.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ok, the Wraithlord's Harbour build is disgusting. You just summon a mega-wraith, light it on fire, and it just flies around critting things for 50k, and I'm not even 70 yet. You do need that helmet to start it, but that's it. Everything else is just nice to have

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/BOwv42EB

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Lpzie posted:

THANK YOU !!

pwlvl me daddy and i'll confirm

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Noper Q posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4130435365852322939?l=english

Make your voice heard (and try to stop reddit from making the game worse).
I don't want them to nerf people mid-cycle, I want them to buff everyone else mid-cycle, but that question wasn't available. :mad:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

DaveKap posted:

I don't want them to nerf people mid-cycle, I want them to buff everyone else mid-cycle, but that question wasn't available. :mad:

I'd imagine among the options they were considering, "rebalance every skill in the game every time we mess one up" wasn't something they were excited to present.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is why public/beta test realms are a good idea in any major ARPG with frequent content updates. There are so many interlocking systems that bugged interactions like these are clearly going to happen a lot.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Lpzie ftw

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

This is why public/beta test realms are a good idea in any major ARPG with frequent content updates. There are so many interlocking systems that bugged interactions like these are clearly going to happen a lot.

Oh boy would that be a speedrun strategy to kill all my interest in new cycles.
Blizzard style testing where the entire new content is available for months before the actual launch is the absolute worst.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

That 's lpzies gimmick

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Suburban Dad posted:

I made it to nearly 100 and never knew that it tells you what it will use in the first place. Always just a slot machine for me lol. Where does it show that???

good start to crafting this helmet :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CubeTheory posted:

I'd imagine among the options they were considering, "rebalance every skill in the game every time we mess one up" wasn't something they were excited to present.
I was only half-joking. I think they should look for where the weakest builds are and pump those up if they're looking for some kind of work to do between cycle changes.