Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thank you WWE fans for coming here to be weird about Mercedes. It's my favorite quality about you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I miss RacistGuidingLight every day

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't believe that wrestling fans hate women

*Gumball shows me one 1glitch0 post about Mercedes Varnado*

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

some people were saying that kevin kelly was starting to get better on commentary. now they are no where to be found. he lost protection when he was exiled from the cult, many such cases

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

some people were saying that kevin kelly was starting to get better on commentary.

Who was saying this. Name names. Let’s kill them

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kevin Smelly

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lovely Shattey

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

some people were saying that kevin kelly was starting to get better on commentary. now they are no where to be found. he lost protection when he was exiled from the cult, many such cases

Going back in my group chat there was an episode in Dec where I said he was starting to gel but I don't know why, and definitely haven't felt that way since.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*bravely and handsomely* I kinda liked Kevin Kelly's commentary. Although he obviously needed to be fired.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You’re done. You’re finished.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MJeff posted:

*bravely and handsomely* I kinda liked Kevin Kelly's commentary. Although he obviously needed to be fired.

He had his moments, and had pretty excellent chemistry when he was ribbing JR, but those moments were ultimately so few and far-between that when he started posting stupid poo poo online it was so obviously time to cut bait and easily at that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I didn’t mind him outside of the first few collisions when he was obviously unprepared and didn’t give a poo poo. Ian is also a moron for airing all of that poo poo out in a public discord. Cant wait to hear Kevin call the next battle riot.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

Cant wait to hear Kevin call the next battle riot.

Matt Striker left some big shoes to fill

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

Ian is also a moron for airing all of that poo poo out in a public discord.

ya.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

I didn’t mind him outside of the first few collisions when he was obviously unprepared and didn’t give a poo poo. Ian is also a moron for airing all of that poo poo out in a public discord. Cant wait to hear Kevin call the next battle riot.

Yes, but there are inherently different levels to the VoW Discord and just loving tweeting it out, although Ian obviously knows that anything he says on that discord is going to make it out into the wider smark bubble. Both should've shut the gently caress up but Kevin should've shut the gently caress up more.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is just the latest version of “it’s okay to assault sammy guevara because he’s annoying”

they’re both dipshits for causing drama!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kevin Kelly assaulted us all........with crackpot theories!!!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

if you're In The Business™ you probably shouldn't be chilling in a fan community period unless it's like a dead forum full of friends you've had for a while and even then you probably should be very very careful about what you post. Stay anonymous. It's basic stuff.

But there's definitely layers to the boneheadedness here. Posting in a chat "I was disappointed when Kevin Kelly, who I recommended, started pushing the weird Q Anon movie" is very different from posting on Twitter "Ian Riccabone is libeling me and holding me down" less than 24 hours before Sting's retirement match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

if you're In The Business™ you probably shouldn't be chilling in a fan community period unless it's like a dead forum full of friends you've had for a while and even then you probably should be very very careful about what you post. Stay anonymous. It's basic stuff.

I agree with Nyla Rose.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought he was getting better but better than really loving lovely was still pretty bad

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

But there's definitely layers to the boneheadedness here. Posting in a chat "I was disappointed when Kevin Kelly, who I recommended, started pushing the weird Q Anon movie" is very different from posting on Twitter "Ian Riccabone is libeling me and holding me down" less than 24 hours before Sting's retirement match.

I try to stay anonymous when I'm posting here since I'm in the business. It's not really hard to keep it separated. Also remember to watch #AEWCollision TONIGHT 8pm eastern/7 central on @TNTdrama!!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

His style was better in New Japan up until his last G1 were it was clear he was checked out. But he didn't quite fully adapt to US TV and seemed unwilling to learn. And while Ian probably shouldn't of posted that on Discord Kevin wasn't really demoted until much later which means it was more his work than Ian posts (except for the most recent stuff)

I do wonder why there was reportedly heat between Kevin and New Japan though. I do wonder if when he gave notice he said he wasn't going to do the G1 and New Japan was rightful upset given it was short notice

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 9, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

i remember when aew was starting and they had luchasaurus’s girlfriend running their official discord and i remember thinking they were setting themselves up for some very easily avoidable drama

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i remember when aew was starting and they had luchasaurus’s girlfriend running their official discord and i remember thinking they were setting themselves up for some very easily avoidable drama

When Luchasaurus was on Big Brother he had a semi showmance with this girl, but there was a secret twist that the girl had an identical twin and throughout the game they would secretly tag each other in. The twin did not care much for Luchasaurus which lead to a confusing, awkward, and frustrating courtship for the young dinosaur.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I agree with the good twin concerning the lousy dino.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Someone I once knew online would constantly quote this hilarious bit from Luchasuarus's Big Brother run where he randomly decided to go "no more Mr. Nice Guy" by loudly proclaiming "AUSTIN IS GONE, JUDAS IS HERE. HEEL TURN!".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Ian walked Kevin into getting himself fired after airing this in a public discord because Kevin pretty much lied and screwed him over. Not sure he's a moron.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You should absolutely publicly post about which of your coworkers are Q-Anon pilled. Especially if you want to deservedly gently caress up their reputation.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ian and Kelly had massive heat going all the way back to their ROH days. Not sure this situation was tenable either way.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumball Gumption posted:

You should absolutely publicly post about which of your coworkers are Q-Anon pilled. Especially if you want to deservedly gently caress up their reputation.

Especially if you vouched for them to help get them a job.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I was optimistic about Kevin joining AEW, I didn't mind any of the 4ish(?) Wrestle Kingdom shows he called that I watched. But then he was really terrible right out of the gate and then proceeded to keep sucking while Nigel got better and better. Then he got put in 3rd seat and still sucked. I hated his "Oooaaaaaahs" because it sounds like a dude who's reading a line about someone being excited instead of actually being excited.

Kevin Smelly indeed.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

his destino call is loving poo poo and i hate it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He used to just loving go "destinooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" and hold the note as long as he could and it sounded fine, then for some loving reason he started doing some weird loving inward breathing as he did it and it sounded horrible.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
the good news is that kevin now has more time to investigate pizza basements and find where the democrats are holding all of the missing children, so think of the positives here

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

the good news is that kevin now has more time to investigate pizza basements and find where the democrats are holding all of the missing children, so think of the positives here

I'm not going to accuse the guy of anything but typically when someone goes insane over that poo poo burning bridges and losing jobs etc it's later found out to be projection

hopefully that's not the case but he's well on track to make himself look nuts at the very least

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Let’s kill him

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just glad he's not on commentary anymore - best of luck to him with wherever he ends up but he's really poo poo at his chosen profession and should probably do something else

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Maybe I'll think about watching Collision now that "Kevin Kelly is commentating" doesn't stack up with "Man that crowd was dead last night"

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Kevin Kelly was kinda rude to me once when I just said hello to him which I just wrote off as him being tired from a show but now I know he was just very upset thinking about basements in pizza parlors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey.

Bryan Danielson is never gonna win the AEW World Championship, right?

And that's pretty hosed up, right?