Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Do we think 50% of people support ditching echr? Not sure I want to know the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

Oh good, more loving bullshit:

Making the election a referendum on joining the ranks of Russia and Belarus in order to drop Reform's share of the vote sure is an idea, especially with Labour in such an ideologically poor place that they'll roll over for any lies about unelected foreign judges.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.

If the ECHR is voted out, there will be nothing to stop the Lee Andersons or Priti Pratel or Suella Killerman from legislating for the death penalty.

A downside to not having a written Constitution.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do we think 50% of people support ditching echr? Not sure I want to know the answer.

Will hazard a guess that at least 50% don't even know what it is, or are not qualified to even make that decision.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I would assume it would just become a second vote on whether people like the tories, to which the current answer is "not the blue ones, no". suddenly putting through a referendum on the same day as an election is going to look sus to basically everyone anyway. this is the kind of brilliant strategising i expect from the 2024 tories

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.

If the ECHR is voted out, there will be nothing to stop the Lee Andersons or Priti Pratel or Suella Killerman from legislating for the death penalty.

A downside to not having a written Constitution.
What gets me is all the people saying "Britain has such good human rights that we don't even need to be in the ECHR."

Firstly because I think you'd want to ask Pat Finucane's family before making statements like that, and secondly because if it were true then why would you even mind the double check?

It's like "Britain has such good water that we don't even need laws to prevent dumping feces in it" in terms of suspicious statements.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Human rights for me (good) human rights for them (bad)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Well nobody's going to take my human rights away I was born here! That just applies to illegals you see.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Runcible Cat posted:

Well nobody's going to take my human rights away I was born here! That just applies to illegals you see.

And also some Legals who are in the UK, but we don't always regard them as being in the UK when it suits us.

Exhibit A:

Stakeknife: 'More lives lost than saved' due to British Army's IRA spy, report finds

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

And also some Legals who are in the UK, but we don't always regard them as being in the UK when it suits us.

Exhibit A:

Stakeknife: 'More lives lost than saved' due to British Army's IRA spy, report finds

And some people who were born here

British-born man who has never left UK faces deportation

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think it's only a matter of time before we're dragged out of the ECHR, as I can't see Keith's Labour shifting from the path the Tories are setting up.

Human rights laws get in the way of what Labour would like to do disabled claimants, prisoners, foreigners, protesters, activists, weapons experts etc. etc.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sir Kier is a human rights lawyer. I don't think he'd work to get rid of them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's not like humans are llamas FFS.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sir Kier is a human rights lawyer. I don't think he'd work to get rid of them.

He's a human rights lawyer who advocated and supported Israel's right to do war crimes and genocide.
https://twitter.com/PSCupdates/status/1712136012829221202

He's a fascist, OP.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sir Kier is a human
The Series 3000 were too close, it made people uncomfortable.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

"I've been very clear" absolutely instaneously boils my piss every time I see or hear it because it's always followed by impenetrable roundabout noncommittal nonsense. It happens often enough that you could call it Pissboil's Law or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Always fun when it is used by someone who has never managed to be clear about anything in their life.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mr Starmer, do you know where Shrek is?

Look, I've been very clear. It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect that I know where Shrek is. On the contrary, I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know where he shouldn't probably be, if that indeed wasn't where he isn't. Even if he wasn't at where I knew he was, that'd mean I'd really have to know where he wasn't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The 'asking for it' publicity campaign barrister does seem to be doing some good work against our dogshit Victorian Bloody Code laws
https://twitter.com/DrProudman/status/1766217501875003872

Also strong nominative determinism going on here for "guy who gets his cock out and then acts all holier than thou until the victim gets the blame."

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Who knew a guy called horner was going to turn it to be a wrongun?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kecske posted:

"I've been very clear" absolutely instaneously boils my piss every time I see or hear it because it's always followed by impenetrable roundabout noncommittal nonsense. It happens often enough that you could call it Pissboil's Law or something.

Its a phrase Theresa May used constantly and every media interview since she started doing it has it in at least once. Its soundbyte politics again.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

The 'asking for it' publicity campaign barrister does seem to be doing some good work against our dogshit Victorian Bloody Code laws
https://twitter.com/DrProudman/status/1766217501875003872

Coincidentally she was the woman who called out the old guy being weird about her profile pic on LinkedIn

LinkedIn sexism row: Charlotte Proudman says lawyer used site 'like Tinder'

Not sure what the coincidence means, friend in the media? She'll probably end up leader of the Labour Party at some point

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:siren: ma reckons the photo has been shopped :siren:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The kid's expressions are wierd. You'd expect to see wide open mouths like that in maybe a candid shot of them playing, but not in a posed shot.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

You wouldn't upload a princess of Wales!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
just so I'm understanding correctly, Harry's murdering his way to the throne, right?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
me 5 mins ago: why are we spending so many posts trading kate photo conspiracy theories?!?

me now: lol. lmao.
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766944328847364201
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766950340572623325

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MANDATORY KILL NOTICE ON PRINCESS OF WALES

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

It's a tradition that's been around longer than resignation honours lists

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What does AFP mean? ASSASSINS FOR PALACE that's what. It's all connected!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

What does AFP mean? ASSASSINS FOR PALACE that's what. It's all connected!

Agence France-Presse... French Press Agency (i assume they make good coffee). :razzy:

Been going since 1835... lots and lots of coffee!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they are going to kill her before they deploy covid 20 to trap us in our 15 minute cities

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

John Wick 5: Princess of Wales

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

Just Another Lurker posted:

Agence France-Presse... French Press Agency

It's all coming together...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If you want a laugh, just watch the intro to these two clown's new grifting podcast

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1766007808489627779

:allears:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
given their PR must know people go over this poo poo with a fine tooth comb do you think they're distracting from something

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThomasPaine posted:

Well that's got me thinking about how differently the three body problem trilogy might have gone
Well you'll never guess what I just found a crate of while visiting for weekend dinner

Deeply tempted to set the sky alight again, but I don't think anyone really cares that much any more.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Oh wow, she's so dead lol. gently caress.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I DONT BELEIVE ANYTHING IN ALL CAPS

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Apraxin posted:

me 5 mins ago: why are we spending so many posts trading kate photo conspiracy theories?!?

me now: lol. lmao.
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766944328847364201
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766950340572623325
lmao this saga has better writing than most Netflix originals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Is the plant in the background something that you'd still expect to have leaves at this time of year?