Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Scene from the movie "God's Not dead" where Sorbo is hit by a car. and then dies believing in god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLpGpWV8JYQ

Also this is loving pro-click, because as the man lays dying (undoubtably with broken legs/arms/ribs/spine) the fundamentalist decides now is the time to have a D&D-style debate with him, as he lays broken and bent in the gutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Eternally, increasingly apt:

edit: also this old thing because this thread is... this thread

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 11, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

When you definitely understand what 'rent free' means

Saying "wow, this dumb shithead said something really dumb really loudly" after he said something really dumb really loudly is not someone living rent free in someone else's head.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Also this is loving pro-click, because as the man lays dying (undoubtably with broken legs/arms/ribs/spine) the fundamentalist decides now is the time to have a D&D-style debate with him, as he lays broken and bent in the gutter.

Objectively for the kinds of Christian denominations that watch that slop that IS the right thing to do, because it’s the man’s last chance to be saved and accept Christ before he goes to hell.

Objectively from a non-crazy standpoint get the man an ambulance and save the preaching for later. Not defending the former, just explaining how it makes sense in that film’s internal logic/with its audience.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Whenever incels come up in conversation, I always recommend the mini documentary "Shy Boys: IRL"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Regarding firing squad movie

quote:

Over 11,000 actors submitted for ‘The Firing Squad'.

A Profound Transformation: In the darkest of hours, two American drug dealers underwent a spiritual metamorphosis, their hearts touched and forever changed by the profound embrace of Christianity, moments before facing their own execution.

An Unforgettable Spiritual Awakening: Their journey of redemption didn't stop at personal salvation; it ignited a spiritual revolution within the prison camp, guiding the souls of the most hardened criminals toward the loving embrace of Christ.

A Heart-Wrenching Finale: As the film concludes and the credits begin to cascade down the screen, brace yourself for a profoundly stirring finale. This unexpected conclusion is bound to elicit a torrent of tears, leaving viewers in a state of profound emotional upheaval.

Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s Life-Altering Experience: For acclaimed actor Cuba Gooding, Jr., this role wasn't just another character; it was a life-altering experience that led him on a journey to discover the profound solace of Christianity.

A Faithful Production Team: With the majority of the production team members and cast sharing their Christian faith, this film stands as a testament to the transformative power of belief and the resounding echoes of salvation.

Provoking Deep Reflection: Beyond mere entertainment, this film serves as a catalyst for introspection, compelling audiences to contemplate life's profound questions and prompting them to explore the true meaning of existence itself.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Regarding firing squad movie

What in the Blue Hell

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

nine-gear crow posted:

Saying "wow, this dumb shithead said something really dumb really loudly" after he said something really dumb really loudly is not someone living rent free in someone else's head.

:actually: I think you’ll find that it is and you’re OWNED. Charlie OWNED you!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

He is absolutely NOT the President of the United States.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Locator posted:

He is absolutely NOT the President of the United States.

That’s from Feb 2020. He was President then.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Arivia posted:

lol that's hosed up

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Loden Taylor posted:

lol that's hosed up

agreed

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Arivia posted:

February of 2020 was just this magical time of wondering what’s the next thing that Yrump will gently caress up and well…

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Arivia posted:

That was about 4 years ago.

What else happened about 4 years ago?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

going to send ol' Little Face Charles a lovely email so he can read it on his show and then i can accuse him of letting me live rent-free in his mind

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Arivia posted:

Well.. damnit. Consider me owned.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Fishmasher posted:

"Not so fast. I, a Satanist, command you to vote for Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. this November, on behalf of my Dark Lord." and carved "JRB Jr." into my forehead because that is what people do.

The kids can call you “Jorbju”!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

nine-gear crow posted:

it's really dumb because:
1. rent free would imply kimmel just brought him up.. but also
2. yeah i think about trump everyday. to laugh at his dumb rear end and to also laugh at the US if they re-elect this piece of poo poo again.

Loden Taylor posted:

the jab was weak but a live broadcast of celebrities laughing at Trump will almost certainly make him lose his poo poo and that's pretty goddamn funny

i feel like the whole, "elitists who are ruining our country hate trump. therefore, vote trump" from 2016 is rearing its ugly head again. i don't know how effective it will be this time but i feel people are severely underestimating trump's ability to get people to vote for him and that would be a mistake.

CannonFodder posted:

That was about 4 years ago.

What else happened about 4 years ago?

i still cannot believe what a boner it was of trying to reuse reagan's slogan considering what happened exactly 4 years ago. i'm sure normal everyday people like to rethink the horrors of 4 years ago.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
My almost 75-year-old moderate as gently caress hardcore christian mother was just spitting mad about that Nancy Mace interview today. She never gets angry, so it was really bizarre.

My chud dad was a big fan of the super-creepy lady's SotU response, and we had to explain to him why we all felt it was weird and creepy, and he thought we were being hyper-partisan.

Fox News repeatedly displays a header that reads "Biden's Border Crisis" with scary barbed wire imagery and a menacing red font, and today they were talking about a helicopter crash that killed three service members, and I jokingly asked "Oh no, how did Biden make the chopper crash?" and my dad started to explain in earnest before I just goy up and left the room.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Charlie Kirk’s mom lives rent free on my dilz

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

bird with big dick posted:

Charlie Kirk’s mom lives rent free on my dilz

Squatter's rights.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Obsidianheart posted:

Squatter's rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Rh3PbnAdw

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

The replies, jesus, Twitters always been a piece of poo poo platform, Elons managed to gently caress it right up eh lol

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008

Cat Hassler posted:

I was born in 1967 :lol:

My Dad would take a gas can and wipe my hands and arms down after a painting project

I remember loving the smell of the gasoline when my Mom would pull into the full service Chevron station in the family truckster. Guy would pump the gas, wash the windows and return to have my Mom sign the Chevron card receipt

Hello Father

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Obsidianheart posted:

My almost 75-year-old moderate as gently caress hardcore christian mother was just spitting mad about that Nancy Mace interview today. She never gets angry, so it was really bizarre.

My chud dad was a big fan of the super-creepy lady's SotU response, and we had to explain to him why we all felt it was weird and creepy, and he thought we were being hyper-partisan.

Fox News repeatedly displays a header that reads "Biden's Border Crisis" with scary barbed wire imagery and a menacing red font, and today they were talking about a helicopter crash that killed three service members, and I jokingly asked "Oh no, how did Biden make the chopper crash?" and my dad started to explain in earnest before I just goy up and left the room.

lol your dad needs to smoke some weed

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Obsidianheart posted:

My dad used to ask me stupid poo poo like "What do you think about Hunter Biden?" Last summer I was with him and my uncle while they were parroting dumb fox news talking points and I got up and left. We don't talk about politics anymore and our relationship is better for it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yea but have any of you considered:

( . ) ( . )

:-)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Forgive me for going a ways back. But this is terrifying.

Not the lie. No.

But the fact that they try it. That they think it would work. The fact that it does work on a significant amount of people. The fact that they literally say poo poo like "looks like an illegal" publicly with no pushback or recriminations.

All of that is scary.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

MrMojok posted:

( . ) ( . )

Considering this very strongly

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BoonyPC posted:

The replies, jesus, Twitters always been a piece of poo poo platform, Elons managed to gently caress it right up eh lol

He could have saved himself a lot of money and time by just buying gab or parler if that's what he wanted

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

MrMojok posted:

( . ) ( . )

Coward. Post human breasts or go back to YOSPOS with all the other computer perverts.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Something something hey where did this shrunken corncob with a tiny face come from?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

I had never seen this angle of Jan 6th before, for whatever reason

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Toxic Mental posted:

He could have saved himself a lot of money and time by just buying gab or parler if that's what he wanted

Trump doesn’t have the cash for that. This has been his whole business since the 80s, some other people put up the money, he gives them his name and promotes it in exchange for some ownership. He’s just a slightly more successful Billy Mays or Shamwow Vince.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Bottom Liner posted:

How is this not the thread title yet what the gently caress mods

MODSSS???

(i got a message for this change as well)

If we keep w/ old format: Post ITT every time you LOL that Trump yelled, "The Drugs Are Wearing Off" [and it wasn't about him]
Otherwise just: LOL Trump: The Drugs Are Wearing Off

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wifi Toilet posted:

Trump doesn’t have the cash for that. This has been his whole business since the 80s, some other people put up the money, he gives them his name and promotes it in exchange for some ownership. He’s just a slightly more successful Billy Mays or Shamwow Vince.

We're talking about Elon dumbdumb

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I just want to take a moment to imagine any and all persons in my life randomly screaming THE DRUGS ARE WEARING OFF! My young nephew. My father. My dead dog. The cashier and bagger at the grocery checkout. My doctor. The goddamn POTUS (former, current, or future). The Taco Bell dog. The talking horse Mr Ed. The next door neighbor. My dentist. My grandfather’s priest during mass. A Supreme Court Justice. Anyone with access to the nuclear football. The cook at my favorite restaurant and also the fry cook at Wendy’s. A bus driver.

Each and every imagining is amazing.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Bottom Liner posted:

How is this not the thread title yet what the gently caress mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

cr0y posted:

SNL was very good lmao

"Remember the good ol days of 2020, when definitely nothing bad happened"
This episode was the equivalent of cheddar when all you're used to is cheez whiz

:sad: