Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Two displays of animal intelligence and unbearable sweetness:

1.) I woke up and early and couldn't sleep, so I was sitting up in bed when Ella got the zoomies and was running back and forth. Suddenly she jumped on to the bed, looked me dead in the eye while touching my shoulder gently with her paw then ran to the door to be let out into the hallway to go wander. She definitely earned that one.

2.) I have to work Saturdays again for overtime so Ella didn't realize why I was getting dressed to leave. She was already getting comfortable and laying on her side, so when I was about to get up she stretched out both paws and made a sad mrph sound, like "don't leave me!" I let her grab my arm and she gently nibbled and licked it. :ohdear:

Ella is an angel who accidentally took a cat form, my goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Rain Brain posted:

Discovered Mirror Vimes

Who TF is dis

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

for the past hour he is walking up to me and crying. then walking down the hallway to where he gets fed while crying the whole way. then coming back and starting again.

he has to take frequent breaks by lying down on each rug between here and there, because he is old

it's not dinnertime yet

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
ate half a can of tuna then became orb

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ChickenHeart posted:

ate half a can of tuna then became orb

GOOD LIL CAT

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i love that cats have reverse eyebrows

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Reverse eyebrow area is a great spot for smoochin

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I'm cat sitting an adorable kitty who loves to snuggle, and has taken at least one nap on top of me every day. I love that she's so cuddly.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Clarence is curled up in my curled-up knee pit, sleeping and purring on my foot. He doesn’t even care that I keep farting on him. Fair play though, he’s farted on me enough times.

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you

Shithouse Dave posted:

Clarence is curled up in my curled-up knee pit, sleeping and purring on my foot. He doesn’t even care that I keep farting on him. Fair play though, he’s farted on me enough times.

That is called the blast zone :D

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Today I was sad, so Pazuzu reached out her little paw to put on my leg. And then bit me.
But you know, it’s the thought that count.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!
Sam attempted to lick raw eggs today. A feat he succeeded at two weeks ago.

Egg licker.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

HellOnEarth posted:

Today I was sad, so Pazuzu reached out her little paw to put on my leg. And then bit me.
But you know, it’s the thought that count.

You did name your cat after a demon...

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I put my broody hen out to make her eat some food, and my cat got too interested in what the food was. So I had to rescue him from being attacked by the chicken.

he was confused. she was angry, kept puffing up and charging him. joke's on her, he's too dumb to know that he's being attacked by a chicken.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Stalking.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mfer stole a pizza crust out of the trash somehow and ate like half of it. Hope it was worth it you big ol fatty.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Jumped on the table while I was cleaning up after dinner and helped clean the remaining ranch out of a ramakin I forgot to grab.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Interrupted the moving/unpacking process for a quick a boudoir shoot:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
good job to all of the wonderful cats itt

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cocoa provided me emotional support and protection while I used the bathroom.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

good job to all of the wonderful cats itt

No kidding. This is my favorite thread on the forums and it never fails to make me laugh and give me the feels.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

She got the zoomies, with sound effects that almost always come after she's gone number two. Rrrrr.

I walk by her preferred litter box for bowel movements and there is a large partially buried turd. The smell was enough to nearly knock me out, so it got scooped immediately. The turd was nearly half the length of her body. When she came by for her evening brushing, I told her how impressed I was.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Now that it's starting to get warmer I started opening up the window a crack to let the cool breeze in during the night.

She's taken it as an invitation to RUN up to my bed, dash over my half-asleep body and cement her spot on the windowsill when I open it.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Anderson Koopa posted:

Cocoa provided me emotional support and protection while I used the bathroom.

Cocoa looks like they're plotting how to kill you and make it look like an accident.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How do your cats get into your bathrooms

Are you all just not closing the door when you poo poo or something

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Toxic Mental posted:

How do your cats get into your bathrooms

Are you all just not closing the door when you poo poo or something

my cat spends like 40-50% of her day in the corner of the bathroom between the toilet and tub because she heard a mouse in the wall in there once

easy way to make her mad and kick her out is to tell her you gotta take a dump, she bolts

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pinched a loaf then ran upstairs at top speed, losing traction on the vinyl tile down stairs and drifting around the stairs well.

Guess he smelled what he did and had to escape

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu alerted me to a scratching under my kitchen cabinet, which lead to a discovery of what is definitely a few-weeks-old infestation of mice. Most of the soaps and cleaners I use are at the front of the cabinet and I haven’t dug around in there since early December.

They’ve been eating a bag of wheat litter I forgot about at the back.

Well it’s clean in there now and judging by the whole, untouched loose Cheerio behind the garbage can (I haven’t had those in the apartment since November) and lack of holes chewed in any other foodstuff in the apartment, they have yet to breach the cabinet.

Zuzu was appropriately praised and given a treat for the information and given strict orders to guard the kitchen until the building manager can be told (Like 5 hours from now.)

Well done, Pazu!

(I also noticed a big wet soft spot in the drywall above my kitchen sink. It was a bad night.)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

pazuzu is a good cat

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Wendigee posted:

Pinched a loaf then ran upstairs at top speed, losing traction on the vinyl tile down stairs and drifting around the stairs well.

Guess he smelled what he did and had to escape

He escape he own rear end

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Mx. posted:

pazuzu is a good cat

She’s the best! But now I’m worried I’ve killed both of us by not properly cleaning up all the mouse poo poo.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

pazuzu will be fine I bet. my cat found a huge mouse infestation in my garden shed and helped me clean them out like eight years ago. he ate like a king. he still checks the shed every morning. he's turning 21 this year :3:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I don’t know what Clarence and Bella are doing because I’m out of town for six nights. This is the first night and I already miss them, and this is the first time I’ve been gone more than a night in Clarence’s whole little life.
My housemate will feed and water and look after them, they’re fine… but what if they worry about me?

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Mx. posted:

pazuzu will be fine I bet. my cat found a huge mouse infestation in my garden shed and helped me clean them out like eight years ago. he ate like a king. he still checks the shed every morning. he's turning 21 this year :3:

21!!! What a champ…

Unfortunately, Paz is on a low dose of steroids for some inflammation and I’m also immunocompromised. Did you know you’re not supposed to vacuum mouse poo poo? I did not!

Well, if I die, she gets my account to keep posting…

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Shithouse Dave posted:

I don’t know what Clarence and Bella are doing because I’m out of town for six nights. This is the first night and I already miss them, and this is the first time I’ve been gone more than a night in Clarence’s whole little life.
My housemate will feed and water and look after them, they’re fine… but what if they worry about me?

when you get back your cats will be all "oh you were gone? we didn't even notice." but secretly theyll be happy youre back and theyll follow you around everywhere for a day or two. thats what my cats do.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shithouse Dave posted:

Thankfully you farted all over them out of your rear end so they’ll have something to remember you by for a few days or so

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

My cats hate it when I fart, specifically if it comes from my rear end

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Bonesaw is pissed I had him at cat prison for the weekend so he's meowing and staying just out of reach

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My folks live on a farm and their 2006 batch of cats were aging out of mouse control, so they brought in a batch of kittens in 2022. There was a particular drawer you could pull a (snap trapped) mouse out of nearly every day and the kittens came to know this as "the mouse drawer, where you get me mice from." They would beg us to open the mouse drawer and eventually learned to open it themselves.

There is no longer a mouse problem in the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HellOnEarth posted:

Pazuzu alerted me to a scratching under my kitchen cabinet, which lead to a discovery of what is definitely a few-weeks-old infestation of mice. Most of the soaps and cleaners I use are at the front of the cabinet and I haven’t dug around in there since early December.

They’ve been eating a bag of wheat litter I forgot about at the back.

Well it’s clean in there now and judging by the whole, untouched loose Cheerio behind the garbage can (I haven’t had those in the apartment since November) and lack of holes chewed in any other foodstuff in the apartment, they have yet to breach the cabinet.

Zuzu was appropriately praised and given a treat for the information and given strict orders to guard the kitchen until the building manager can be told (Like 5 hours from now.)

Well done, Pazu!

(I also noticed a big wet soft spot in the drywall above my kitchen sink. It was a bad night.)

:cheers: to pazuzu