Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Reform Party new slogan: This Is Serious Mum

e: 41 Shots is an antiracist song by Bruce Springsteen about a migrant who was shot at 41 times by the police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqWAiWPMs

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

guess that monarchy may be faster than the speed of light but can be stymied by solitary confinement

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

BastardySkull posted:

Why does William going to prison stop him from becoming the King upon Charles' death? Genuine question.

edit: all hail the Prison King

He can't be detained at his own pleasure.

seriousanswer, at that point he'd be wrecking the entire monarchy and would be made to abdicate

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

"Zero p Lee"? That doesn't scan right. "Free Lee", surely

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

guess that monarchy may be faster than the speed of light but can be stymied by solitary confinement

They'll have to put him in the Magneto prison to prevent the transmission of kingon particles

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Necrothatcher posted:

Autoerotic incarceration

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

HidaO-Win posted:

Total Hypothetical: If Kate is dead and murdered by William and it gets found out, William is sent to prison. Charles dies. George becomes king, but he’s ten, so you have to put in a regent. Who is it?

Does it go to Harry or does it skip Harry and go to Andrew. These are the real questions we should be mulling over.

In the most hilarious timeline, Harry gets it and returns long enough to declare The Sun illegal and turn the UK into a republic.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

xtothez posted:

declare The Sun illegal

Britons are already seriously lacking in Vitamin D :ohdear:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/TechnicallyRon/status/1767146772500021349?t=Hc0W46kAHoEAjGpe0SjxOg&s=19

Kate proof-of-life video where she inadvertently acknowledges that Cillian Murphy is an Irishman and thus reveals that she is AI

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Looking forward to Jeremy Vine today

SE Watering
Aug 8, 2023
The Today programme for this morning is not (yet) available on BBC Sounds. Nor Womans Hour. 90% of the time they would be up about 15-20 mins after broadcast.

I know they started talking about the royal photo on Today, but I missed the last 1/2 of the show and wanted to listen to it. Wonder if the photo was discussed on Womans Hour too...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jedit posted:

On the subject of plastic surgery: I have been thinking that it's possible Kate has had to have an Angelina Jolie Special - preventative hysterectomy and double mastectomy - and doesn't want to be seen because her breast reconstruction isn't finished properly yet.

There are prosthesis for this, though. While that is still a possibility, absolutely the most likely explanation is the simplest one, which is that William killed her and hid the pieces of her body in the palace grounds.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

the most likely explanation is the simplest one
https://twitter.com/Surfingsunshine/status/1767145593095196884

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Quite a few on the dead bird site have pointed out that William took all the credit for the photo when it was released, but now everything's gone wrong, the entire blame has been shifted onto his (possibly dead) wife

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Always pin blame on the dead, they can't argue back.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1767133160603517242

I wonder how much money Tice is offering them?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I don't really like the idea of Reform being bigger than the Lib Dems, but Christ only knows the Piss Tories deserve it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Necrothatcher posted:

seriousanswer, at that point he'd be wrecking the entire monarchy and would be made to abdicate

Listen, what are Wills has done to him for his own pleasure is between him and his wife Rose Hanbury.

(allegedly)

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Quite a few on the dead bird site have pointed out that William took all the credit for the photo when it was released, but now everything's gone wrong, the entire blame has been shifted onto his (possibly dead) wife

I was going to say the same. It keeps getting weirder, everything they do makes the situation look more conspiratorial.

My realistic/charitable guess is that she's had to have a hysterectomy for some reason. It can't have been that Jolie-style preventative one though because behaviour points to the surgery being unplanned despite what they've put out about it. They don't want to talk about it because it's (in the diseased royal mind) vulgar or something, also the implication that she won't make any more royal babies. The "vulgarity" being the same reason they're not specifying that Chuck has colon cancer or whatever.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The more mundane thing is it's something like an ovarian cyst and they just don't want to mention it because hyoomon femule biology is gross and mustn't be mentioned in polite society.

And Kate probably wouldn't want her organs being national headlines.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
An ovarian cyst wouldn't take that long to recover from though. My wife had a twisted fallopian tube that ended up being removed, surgery was quick (after making her wait in A&E in agony for a number of hours). She was back to normal within a couple of weeks.

Maybe she's just been taking a good break and has told the RF handlers and PR people to gently caress off for a while. "You dragged me out of a hospital bed hours after giving birth for a photoshoot, three times. I'm going to be Queen one day. If you don't leave me alone I'm going to leak more stuff about pegging, affairs and who was racist to Meghan"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"Kids, if you really love Mummy, cross your middle two fingers when the man from MI5 makes you have your picture taken with a woman you don't know."

I'm getting 1980s BBC drama Dead Head vibes from all this. If anyone offers you 500 quid to deliver a hatbox to somebody, don't accept it!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I picked ovarian cyst as an example more than diagnosis, especially given I've never seen her.

Alive.

:ninja:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’d imagine these are all seats they’re set to lose in a general election then.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lose on the conservative ticket but potentially retain on the Reform one, I'd say.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Lose on the conservative ticket but potentially retain on the Reform one, I'd say.

Just handing the election to labour more and more.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
All joking aside, my money's on Kate having Crohn's or a similar chronic gastrointestinal condition. Spoke to a GP friend recently and she said that there are only so many conditions that fit the timeline and details about Kate's hospitalisation and that's one of them. Plus Will just appointed a guy who's a trustee of Crohn's & Colitis UK as the Kensington Palace private secretary:

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-of-wales-appoints-ex-diplomat-as-private-secretary-13067934

She probably had surgery to remove a section of her bowel and was terrified that she'd have to be seen in public with a stoma/colostomy bag.

That or Will has been wearing her skin around the palace.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Nightlife chat:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/11/british-nightlife-taylor-swift-venues-artists

quote:

An uneasy quiet is starting to settle on the UK, particularly at night. People still go out; millions of us still seem to have a deep fondness for nocturnal company, hedonism and noise. But this fundamental part of our culture may well be slipping away, for one very stark reason: the accelerated closure of clubs and music venues.

Earlier this year, the Music Venue Trust (MVT), which exists to help and nurture grassroots establishments with an average capacity of about 300 people, published its latest annual report. In the course of 2023, it had registered the loss of 125 such venues, which had either gone out of business or stopped hosting gigs. The issues that tied everything together centred on soaring rents and energy costs, the economic slipstream of the Covid crisis, and the apparently mounting issue of disputes about noise abatement kicked off by people living in city centres, which were common factors all over the country. By way of illustrating their spread, the case studies in the report included venues in Liverpool, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Bath.

etc

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bessantj posted:

Just handing the election to labour more and more.

Something they feel comfortable doing now that it's led by Cuntier Blair.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

remember when they voted willy the worlds sexiest bald man

what an incomprehensive act of boot licking

Maltloaf
Jul 3, 2018
THE BELOW IS (PROBABLY) A WORK OF FICTION. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL EVENTS AND REAL PEOPLE ALIVE OR DEAD (lol totally dead) IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL

Princess Claire, who attained her goal of bagging a Royal only to find it depressing (and not even popular!) reached out to an old friend of the family, Tommy King, for a shoulder to cry on. One thing led to another and soon she was having an affair.

After yet another Royal domestic argument this is revealed, which led her to being violently assaulted by her husband, the raging Prince Wilhelm.

As sordid details are threatened to be leaked by an unrepentant Princess the threat of an inevitable Royal Scandal becomes intolerable since it would be terminal for family. Thus the Great King Sausage Hands intervenes, deploys a vague medical cover story to throw the media off Princess Claire, and also uses it to pay her a very final visit, thinking he should have done this to his former wife many years ago to spare wider humiliation. History will not repeat, I am King now! I can do anything!

Tommy King, who never told anyone about the affair, naturally has tea with this parents then pops out for metallic dessert, no foul play suspected (but we have no idea why he did it). Prince Wilhelm is not a suspect whatsoever, he missed important duties at the same time for unclear reasons but it wasn't that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

remember when they voted willy the worlds sexiest bald man

what an incomprehensive act of boot licking

this was actually a mistranslation, he was voted the world's baldest man

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cheggers has done a video and looks at deaths door

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

fuctifino posted:

William gets full legal immunity when his dad dies, so all he has to do is murder Charles too.
seems to me this could apply to anybody if you’re able to take out everyone above you in the line of succession :ninja:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Jesus H. Christ, it'll be King William by summer.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i thought he just looked like that all the time

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

smellmycheese posted:

Loved you in rise of skywalker.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
His nose looks like a cartoon of a nose

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

my man looks like me that night in my first year of uni where I gave myself two black eyes on a pub crawl by turning around in a bar with low hanging televisions and giving myself a shiner each time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Imagining Sideshow bob but with wall mounted AV equipment instead of rakes