Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

I DON'T LIKE THING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stiglich, I don't think the blue-haired millennial Twitter addict archetype you drew likes Biden very much

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Worst Concern Trolling.
He doesn't give a poo poo about some shooting club.

Phlegmish posted:

Stiglich, I don't think the blue-haired millennial Twitter addict archetype you drew likes Biden very much

Of course not, but part of the playbook is to do everything they can to insist that the Center and the Left are the same group.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Phlegmish posted:

I hope Stigmata Biden sticks around

I mean, the bloody hands have been part of the larger Biden Katamari since the withdrawel from Afghanistan where Biden personally negotiated that the Taliban got to execute one million US Marines for whom Trump had booked evacuation flights that Biden cancelled at the last minute.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Ah, Laken Riley. So they finally figured out that in a country of 350 million, someone from every kind of group of people has killed someone from every other kind of group of people somewhere recently because that's just how math works. Particularly when one group is about half of 350 million.

They already know that turning it back on them doesn't work because they're already incredibly content ignoring that most domestic terrorists objectively are white supremacists (and about 12% of mass shooters overall have hating at least one minority as a reason IIRC)

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 11, 2024

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Phlegmish posted:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

The Islamic Shock posted:

Ah, Laken Riley.

It's kind of funny. There were like three different Laken Riley cartoons from the usual suspects when the news first broke, but even though Branco had drawn another anti-immigration cartoon the next day, he'd already moved on from using her as a cudgel.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Phlegmish posted:

Here's how that exchange usually goes.

Conservative: Democrats are destroying America with their Radical Left agenda
Me: hi as an actual radical leftist here's a long loving list of actual radical left ideas Democrats won't go for in a million years
Conservative: no actually Democrats support everything you just said including the parts where their every prior word and action indicate otherwise

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 11, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The people who call everything they dislike idolatry famously tend not to believe in evolution.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

I also just noticed the Covid sticker, like we're supposed to think that's bad, or that there aren't many on the far left who are also 'sceptical' of vaccines.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Phlegmish posted:

lol

I also just noticed the Covid sticker, like we're supposed to think that's bad, or that there aren't many on the far left who are also 'sceptical' of vaccines.

I think you're supposed to take it all in; The vaccine and sticker but still wearing a mask because *Right wing voice* None of it works.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Stiglich's goal is to remind you that you hate these people, these fat blue-haired crazy cat ladies who believe that COVID happened, and that the best way to stick it to these people you hate is to vote for Trump, because they're going to vote for Biden to stick it to you.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

the_steve posted:

I think you're supposed to take it all in; The vaccine and sticker but still wearing a mask because *Right wing voice* None of it works.
It really feels like denying objective reality is kinda like saying the password to their secret clubhouse at this point

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's always seemed strange to me that there's the wing of fascism that's obsessed with the 'natural order' and therefore opposes vaccines, masks, medical advice, scientific evidence, and whatever stupid poo poo sinfest is mad about this week, but then there's the wing inspired by Italian futurism that's all about fast cars and high tech and speed and rapid change.

I guess the synthesis of the two would be a Payne comic.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Stiglich, it's not a good idea to poke fun of the intended demographic of your cartoons.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

JamesBont posted:

Stiglich, it's not a good idea to poke fun of the intended demographic of your cartoons.
I

President specifies actual issues and his proposed solutions: old man yells at clouds

Trump rants about a secret deep state weaponizing the entire US judiciary against him because "Obamna" told them to: This guy should be in charge!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phlegmish posted:

lol

I assumed the joke was that Trump ‘created’* the covid vaccine.

*Provided a nonzero amount of government money for the research.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Ramadan in Gaza – Palestinians await first sight of the new moon, signalling the start of the holy month"

Telegraph:

Bumper night for the Brits as Christopher Nolan finally gets his Oscar

Times:

Joe Biden urges Binyamin Netanyahu to help hungry Gazans

Evening Standard:

Ministers demand extra defence spending in the face of rising global threats; Kate Middleton breaks silence on ‘manipulated’ Mother’s Day photo row

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Sephyr posted:

Low bar, but that's the best Rall I have seen in a long while. No word wall, no smug "You should all be caring about THIS, sheeple", actual concise message expressed visually.
yup. he's even acknowledging biden's words instead of pretending biden is dripping with blood as he cheers for israel. solid B work.

JamesBont posted:

that's also not what the phrase mean. stiglich got as far as "old man yells" and spent the next 15 minutes clapping for himself for being insightful.
also harris made a face once. better be the exact same face forever until the end of time itself. just uncreative and pointless all around. D-

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Also, I didn't watch it myself, but the entire right wing media infrastructure immediately going "oh man Biden must have had his handlers give him Adderall or something" kinda makes it seem like the SOTU went pretty well for him and he didn't ramble or mumble or anything, since they would have immediately pounced on any flub to prove his obvious dimentia.

Does Stiglich not understand the implications of the "old man yells at cloud" meme? Or is he just incapable of seeing Biden as anything other than the Oldest Old to ever Old (he's Old)?

... or did he just decide that drawing a comic was too hard that day, so he just ripped off a meme he saw on Truth Social once and called it good?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah but that's what they say every drat time. "old slow joe old slow joe old slowmust be on uppers must be on uppers must be on uppers"
they either win legitimately or the other side cheated.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The problem for the republicans is that a lot of Joe's gaffes and poor word choice is him trying to counter his studder. When he has time to prepare, he's a firebrand.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Who still reads this besides us? Bigots who agree with him can certainly get a hit of hatred much easier from cartoons where you don’t need to decipher his ever shifting metaphors.

There's exactly one person left on his forums, who manually posts each comic and makes a thread for it.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Fifth mass coral bleaching event in eight years hits Great Barrier Reef, marine park authority confirms (Guardian).

Wilcox:

Rowe:

The Canberra Balloon Spectacular 2024.

Spooner:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

These are from last week, sorry for the delay.

China Daily

Puppeteer by Shi Yu

Broadcasting hypocrisy by Cai Meng

Cold War mentality by Luo Jie

Blocking peace by Cai Meng

Ready to devour by SHI YU

Symbolism by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Ahmed Rahma from Turkey

by Chappatte from Switzerland
"There might be a cease-fire to allow us to fast for Ramadan."

L’Allemagne, embarrassée par les fuites de son armée/Germany is embarrassed by the desertion in its army by Amorim from Brazil

by Piet from France
Signs read: Eco-Museum: Biological Intelligence; Next part of the exhibition; Don't feed the creatures please
Signs on exhibitions read: Writer, Graphic Designer; Cartoonist

by Emanuele Del Rosso from Italy
Finish line reads: My body My choice

by Micaël
Walk for the Climate

États-Unis : on prend les mêmes et on recommence/US: We'll take the same and start again by Kal from the US We saw this already but it's interesting that they ran it

by Sanaga from France
Sign: No to the A69
"Aren't you tired of associating with ultra-violent groups?
Protests have tied up the attempts to extend the A69 highway.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 11, 2024

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Symbolism by Luo Jie

Imagine naming your political cartoon Symbolism

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Neito posted:

There's exactly one person left on his forums, who manually posts each comic and makes a thread for it.
Still extremely funny that he nuked his old forums, like 15 years of community, to make his tiny terf tea party, and they all left when he took a swerve to the fascist right. You can see them be like “Uhhh, we should be protecting people against covid.” and getting increasingly nervous until just the one freak is left.

And Ishida won’t even post to talk with them. The man is that much of a shut-in he won’t even converse with the one person that stayed on for his wild ride to Nazi fanboy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Microplastics posted:

Imagine naming your political cartoon Symbolism

To be fair that one's an accidental duplicate; I'm sure the real one is even worse.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

To be fair that one's an accidental duplicate; I'm sure the real one is even worse.

That's the one. Fixed the OG post too.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

Still extremely funny that he nuked his old forums, like 15 years of community, to make his tiny terf tea party, and they all left when he took a swerve to the fascist right. You can see them be like “Uhhh, we should be protecting people against covid.” and getting increasingly nervous until just the one freak is left.

And Ishida won’t even post to talk with them. The man is that much of a shut-in he won’t even converse with the one person that stayed on for his wild ride to Nazi fanboy.
Unless that person is just Ishida sockpuppeting as a fan, in the first place.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

Jeff Koterba

John Darkow

Kirk Walters

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

NEMØ

simpsons-already-dead.gif

Patrick Chappatte

Randall Enos

Rivers

If this is his reaction, that speech must really have been successful.

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Evacuate to where, exactly, Kirschen? I'm pretty sure your government is already trying to evacuate them to hell.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Broadcasting hypocrisy by Cai Meng

This must be the Chinese propaganda version of,
"Conservative talking point" - a young black girl (an old white man)

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Evacuate to where, exactly, Kirschen? I'm pretty sure your government is already trying to evacuate them to hell.

Kellies nominations: Worst Concern Trolling, Worst Overall

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Walt Handelsman

Yes. Anything that helps people at the expense of the rich has no chance in hell in Congress

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst "Gizmos! :argh:"
Sure, Facebook is a cancer on the internet, but the Internet has been making people stupid long before Zuckerberg, and it will do so long after.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

This must be the Chinese propaganda version of,
"Conservative talking point" - a young black girl (an old white man)

Absolutely. That said, it's coincidentally accurate in the sense that these types are usually more worried about the 'Deep State' than they are about the Russians or Chinese these days

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Phlegmish posted:

Absolutely. That said, it's coincidentally accurate in the sense that these types are usually more worried about the 'Deep State' than they are about the Russians or Chinese these days

Hell, they are pretty openly pro Putin. They see him as a strong Christian leader pushing back against :airquote: globalists. :airquote:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ruben Bolling

Brian McFadden

Mattie Lubchansky

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chris Britt

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Steve Kelley

This is Eugene Debs erasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kellies nomination: Oops I forgot to tell a joke

This is literally what happened? Biden said he made a mistake using the term “illegal”, and while the White House is picking a stupid semantic fight over whether Biden is “apologizing” for it or not (https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-apologize-term-illegal-state-union-white-house/story?id=108016777) it’s what happened?

I guess the joke is supposed to be that it’s good and cool to refer to people as illegals, and that Biden should have been apologizing for being the worst president ever? I dunno, I don’t want to understand how Kelley thinks, it’s awful in his head