Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the thing i remember about the podracing game is if you picked sebulba you cold enter a secret code that would cause flames to shoot out of your podracer so you could set your brother's podracer on fire at the start line every time

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A certified hood classic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i think i found the least well aged quote in the history of old game magazines

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also i think i found the least well aged quote in the history of old game magazines

thats right

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
RIP Treasure

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I thought it was pretty cool that they successfully hid the Naboo Fighter in the first Rogue Squadron game 6 months before Ep1 came out, and because datamining games wasn't a thing back then nobody found the code until Lucasarts revealed it after the movie was released

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

RIP Treasure

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hatty posted:

RIP Treasure

gunstar heroes is on the switch pass

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
unless the treasure is the one behind the waterfall, I don't want to hear about it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

gunstar heroes is on the switch pass

some guys just finished a fan-TL of Silhouette Mirage (it was translated before but got one of the worst Working Designs locs in history)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Paladinus posted:

No, he was wrong about Star Wars movies for a change. He argued that box office numbers indicated that prequels were actually good movies.

bib desafortuna

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

-Benjamin Franklin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the review of Samurai Showdown says "I want the people responsible for this rounded up, lined up against a wall, and shot" and i think we could improve game journalism by putting death threats to devs in reviews again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the review of Samurai Showdown says "I want the people responsible for this rounded up, lined up against a wall, and shot" and i think we could improve game journalism by putting death threats to devs in reviews again

sounds like a guy who just went 0-10 against a guy playing Nakoruru

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the thing i remember about the podracing game is if you picked sebulba you cold enter a secret code that would cause flames to shoot out of your podracer so you could set your brother's podracer on fire at the start line every time

This is the thing I remember about the podracing game.

https://x.com/zh_switch/status/1349867631738814473?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yikes. Not OK.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mrbibs once posted that the Witch was a terrible movie and that the Starcraft games have better writing than Planescape torment which is a game that literally put him to sleep and he's convinced it happens to everyone and they just lie about it. He rules lol

I like old school RPGs but I found Planescape Torment to be boring as poo poo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

All the infinity engine games have terrible gameplay tbh. The story is good in most of them I think though.

RTWP = FAIL.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Anyone have the image that tld got qcs banned for

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

struck

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Good soup! posted:

updated my journal.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ibram Gaunt posted:

and that the Starcraft games have better writing than Planescape torment

Stux posted:

correct
I haven't played planescape torment but it'd have to be pretty loving abysmal to be worse than the way kerrigan was written post sc1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

RTWP = FAIL.

Yup.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Good soup! posted:

Updated my journal.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
please read 9000 pages in order to find out where the thing is. Oh yeah so much fun.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I thought it was pretty cool that they successfully hid the Naboo Fighter in the first Rogue Squadron game 6 months before Ep1 came out, and because datamining games wasn't a thing back then nobody found the code until Lucasarts revealed it after the movie was released
iirc there actually were crazy people datamining with gamesharks back then, so they took a lot of measures to keep it hidden, like scrambling the data and the cheat passwords, and not even telling some of the development team about it (and most of the people who did know weren't told the final passwords!)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
personally im illiterate so planescape torment is as close as ill get to reading a novel

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Feels Villeneuve posted:

r u my brother? >: (

All my contact with the Star Wars franchise is entirely contained within the N64 games and I think this is probably the way to experience it correctly

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

All my contact with the Star Wars franchise is entirely contained within the N64 games and I think this is probably the way to experience it correctly
i mean, there are worse ways

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fajita Queen posted:

Anyone have the image that tld got qcs banned for

caused him to have QCS access removed

That Little Demon posted:

you know while we are on the subject, I found this a little weird

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

NoiseAnnoys posted:

updated my journal.