Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I would like to share this image I saw while scrolling through the switch eshop thank you

I would like to unsee this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Meth Bandicoot

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
meth bubsycoot

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the grumps have reached case 3 in phoenix wright 2 and the reaction to Moe is perfectly accurate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEmyRJnFs7I&hd=1&t=1440s

dan's resigned sigh, knowing he's going to be just ruining his voice speaking as this dipshit for who knows how many hours

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What is that grape joke supposed to be in Japanese?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Electric Phantasm posted:

What is that grape joke supposed to be in Japanese?

It's just a pun. このブドウ、一つぶどう?(kono budou, hitotsubu dou?) "Would you like one of these grapes?"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Man I need to play those. I had a couple on DS and they were great then I fell off and never caught back up. Are they all pretty much worth doing if ya like one of em?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Man I need to play those. I had a couple on DS and they were great then I fell off and never caught back up. Are they all pretty much worth doing if ya like one of em?

I think so yeah. There’s peaks and dips in quality in terms of cases and I think Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney 4) is probably the weakest of the bunch (I haven’t gotten around to 6 yet admittedly, it’s on my to do list this year) but they’ve all got great stuff and if you like one you’ll like them all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I beat Black Flag! Wow, an Assassin's Creed that was really fuckin good!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jesus the Assassin's Creed lore got wild after I stopped paying attention I just wanted to know what was up with Juno

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So what's up with Juno?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Khanstant posted:

go in prepared to accept whatever is going on in their world is not 1 to 1 with our world, it's nearly calvinball levels of absurdity in regards to legal interactions, but the stories are by and large excellent entertainment and the characters are, usually, great. most of the cases keep you on the edge of your seat a lot of the time, even if a lot of the early games have kinda samey throughlines at times, like Maya sure does get caught in a lot of unfortunate circumstances that make her look like she murdered someone huh. It's a very absurd series and only gets moreso as the series goes on, but that's why people love it. that and the fantastic music, like the iconic Cornered theme, which just gets you so loving pumped when it kicks in at a pivotal moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFcJmOs8DRQ

I played them on the DS so I'm not sure if or how they adapted Case 5 from the DS version of the first game to later ports, because of it using things like the microphone to dust for prints and stuff. that case was loving phenomenal and I hope it got adapted elsewhere because it's one of my favorites. you've probably seen one of the characters from it if you're familiar with goon Koos Group.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 11, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mutata posted:

So what's up with Juno?

Oh juno, nothing much. :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WcmftJlkYs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

go in prepared to accept whatever is going on in their world is not 1 to 1 with our world, it's nearly calvinball levels of absurdity in regards to legal interactions, but the stories are by and large excellent entertainment and the characters are, usually, great. most of the cases keep you on the edge of your seat a lot of the time, even if a lot of the early games have kinda samey throughlines at times, like Maya sure does get caught in a lot of unfortunate circumstances that make her look like she murdered someone huh. It's a very absurd series and only gets moreso as the series goes on, but that's why people love it. that and the fantastic music, like the iconic Cornered theme, which just gets you so loving pumped when it kicks in at a pivotal moment:

I played them on the DS so I'm not sure if or how they adapted Case 5 from the DS version of the first game to later ports, because of it using things like the microphone to dust for prints and stuff. that case was loving phenomenal and I hope it got adapted elsewhere because it's one of my favorites. you've probably seen one of the characters from it if you're familiar with goon Koos Group.

My PC has a mic and a drawing tablet for touch touch stuff. iPads seem very common, I bet a lot of the cool DS features could be adapted to modern hardware with enough willpower behind it.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Help Im Alive posted:

I would like to share this image I saw while scrolling through the switch eshop thank you

Cursed Crash Bandicoot can't hurt me, its not real.

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

The updated ports just have you press a button instead.
Rise from the ashes is a great case that goes on maybe a witness or two longer then it needed to, and because of it's addition to the first game after the second and third games release, it has a different tone that turns off some, absolutely amazing finish however.

BrokenLink fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 11, 2024

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I played Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 last year and Case 4 in the first game was my most favourite between them all at the time.

However, I played all of 3 this year and that whole game from start to finish is amazing and the last case goes so hard and is my all time favourite. It was a delight the whole way through full of proper twists and turns.

It made me immediately bring up Apollo Justice ahead for the stream schedule because I gotta play more. Love solving crimes in fiction :D

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Help Im Alive posted:

That is just Squanchy in pants

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

mutata posted:

So what's up with Juno?

Okay so first we need to talk about the Isu, the progenitor race that created humanity

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hwurmp posted:

goon ion

Goon Ion can't unionize, he's management.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus the Assassin's Creed lore got wild after I stopped paying attention I just wanted to know what was up with Juno

Funnily enough they just X-ed her out in a comic. Like, all this build up and then suddenly Ubisoft got bored and just killed her offscreen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone really wanted out of the present day stuff then, killed off almost everyone at the end of 3 and whoever was left they killed in a comic no one read.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Been pluckin away at Persona 2: Innocent Sin before bed each night. Nifty concept with rumors and all of that, but still waiting for it to really set its hooks in me. It's a bit clunky.

EDIT: Is Eternal Punishment an upgrade on the system in any way?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the way Black Flag approaches the lore works well enough for someone who hasn't played the entire Desmond trilogy because in both the past and present storylines, you're in the role of someone who just kinda bumbled into all this and is learning as you go along

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Khanstant posted:

I played 1-6 (via the Ace Attorney Trilogy and Apollo Justice Trilogy on Steam) for the first time this year and they're of varying quality but if you're a fan of the game style they're all worth playing with some caveats.

Music: 1-3 are excellent, among the best video game music of all time. 4 and 6 are serviceable with some standouts. 5 is completely unremarkable to the point you might not even notice it.
Story: 1 is great, 2 is alright, 3 is better. 4 is pretty drat good, 5 is mediocre, 6 is good. If I had to rate them: 1>3>4>6>2>5
Visuals: 1-3 are 2d, and are all top notch. 4 moved partially to 3D but is still pretty. 5 is weird, by far my least favorite looks-wise, and 6 is pretty good looking again despite being almost the same as 5, there's just something that was missing/off in 5.

I don't know what happened with 5 but it's by far the worst in all regards, it's like they outsourced it to someone else.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone really wanted out of the present day stuff then, killed off almost everyone at the end of 3 and whoever was left they killed in a comic no one read.

In that case they've been doing a terrible job at it cause they keep popping new storylines in the present day and resetting them every 3-4 games. Like even after 3 they had 3 games where you play as an Ubisoft Tester self-insert dealing with Juno's machinations until they killed her off and started another present day plotline with a new characterr.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't forget Desmond's illegitimate son who is also a Sage and is an agent of the secret third faction that has both Templars and Assassins

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the way Black Flag approaches the lore works well enough for someone who hasn't played the entire Desmond trilogy because in both the past and present storylines, you're in the role of someone who just kinda bumbled into all this and is learning as you go along

I though the meta-metaplot of you're a low-level peon in an Abstergo-run studio that exploits the Animus tech and assassin/templar conflict to make video games was very good and funny

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haveblue posted:

I though the meta-metaplot of you're a low-level peon in an Abstergo-run studio that exploits the Animus tech and assassin/templar conflict to make video games was very good and funny

I especially liked the hacked email chain where one person is like "does all this stuff have to be so violent? Why not go educational?" and another guy is like "The violent poo poo is what sells, dumbass"

And also how they were like "We don't wanna do eras with cars because people tend to think less when they're driving cars so it'd be boring"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

I especially liked the hacked email chain where one person is like "does all this stuff have to be so violent? Why not go educational?" and another guy is like "The violent poo poo is what sells, dumbass"

And also how they were like "We don't wanna do eras with cars because people tend to think less when they're driving cars so it'd be boring"

the entire thing felt like some cry for help from the ubisoft mines

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the end of the game where your boss is like "we cut a trailer from your Edward memories, take a look" and the trailer is just garbage is a really good shaggy dog punchline

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The true joke is that the Templar-run videogame company is probably better to work for than the real Ubisoft.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And I don't think there was ever a point to the ability to give each mission a rating at the end screen outside of the verisimilitude of the metaplot which is funny too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My favorite bit was the one scannable landmark that has an argument between devs over whether they should put it in because it's anachronistic but also really cool

e: https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Database:_The_Queen%27s_Staircase

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Been pluckin away at Persona 2: Innocent Sin before bed each night. Nifty concept with rumors and all of that, but still waiting for it to really set its hooks in me. It's a bit clunky.

EDIT: Is Eternal Punishment an upgrade on the system in any way?

It's more difficult. Other than that it's very much 1.5 to IS's 1

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

be not afraid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-author-of-ready-player-one-is-making-a-doomed-web3-fornite-clone

Ernest Cline is making web3 Fortnite for 45 year olds

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

little early calling it doomed. they have both reebok and delorean on board

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Are you ready for the readyverse?"

I'm ready to take anything -verse out the back and shoot it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

homeless snail posted:

little early calling it doomed. they have both reebok and delorean on board

And the Ready Player One IP, which we know is so valuable on its own