Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
If King Chuck's away then imo we should override the rules of succession to allow princess Anne to be queen for a couple of months or something, maybe let her do trooping of the colour, then pack the whole monarchy in and call it a day. She seems to be the one trotted out to do all the minor events the other royals can't be bothered with, like cutting the ribbons at refurbished civic centres and shaking hands with the non-photogenic people in hospital wards, so maybe give her a shot before it all gets turned into museums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

Jesus H. Christ, it'll be King William by summer.

Wills in summer then George due to abdication after murder charges in autumn, just imagine the number of extra bank holidays we'll get

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Kate's dead

That's right, dead serious about Mother's Day

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
UK about to kick of bald king Summer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dadrips posted:

If King Chuck's away then imo we should override the rules of succession to allow princess Anne to be queen for a couple of months or something, maybe let her do trooping of the colour, then pack the whole monarchy in and call it a day. She seems to be the one trotted out to do all the minor events the other royals can't be bothered with, like cutting the ribbons at refurbished civic centres and shaking hands with the non-photogenic people in hospital wards, so maybe give her a shot before it all gets turned into museums

Let all the kids do it in rotation so we can work out who's best. George on Mondays and Thursdays, Louis on Tuesdays and Fridays, Charlotte on Wednesdays and Saturdays then they split the Sundays on a rota

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The most confusing thing about Kate news is that she looks so very much like my aunt (who is very much alive, thank you very much). Maybe she just decided keeping up a second identity was too much effort?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Cheggers has done a video and looks at deaths door

Looks like he ate several packs of cheetos and forgot to wipe his mouth. :barf:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Just Another Lurker posted:

Looks like he ate several packs of cheetos Kate's pineal gland and forgot to wipe his mouth. :barf:

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Ok this one was me, just been messing about on Snapchat filters trying to make grandad looked as hosed up as possible, Louis

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

smellmycheese posted:

He looks like a Mentat from Lynch's Dune.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

There’s a makeup style of blurred/diffused lips, that looks a bit like this. Also called “soul eater” lips

Maltloaf
Jul 3, 2018

Small Strange Bird posted:

It is for WIlliam alone I set my murder in motion. It is by the headlines of Media that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is for William alone I set my murder in motion.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

MeinPanzer posted:

She probably had surgery to remove a section of her bowel and was terrified that she'd have to be seen in public with a stoma/colostomy bag.

I'm sure the solution is something like this, and I expect the final explanation is just 'they're weird and out-of-touch' but I really don't understand exactly what there is to fear from transparency when the only outcome would be a slew of 'GET WELL SOON MA'AM' and 'KATE TRULY IS JUST LIKE THE REST OF US' headlines.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Small Strange Bird posted:

Who knew that you could buy the irresistible Semuta drug from Fortnum&Mason

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Trump is going to leave UK / NATO with its arse hanging out when he gets elected

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
What’s his video about anyway? Looks like he’s been sucking off punters outside Camden tube for the last week

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Whole worlds gone mad

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
some highlights from the tice/anderson press conference:

- anderson regrets his half-hearted 'apology' for saying sadiq khan was controlled by islamists, he was actually speaking Truth on behalf of Millions of Unheard Britons
- anderson is joining reform because 'I want my country back' (direct quote)
- tice says that the behaviour of the vile muslamics at palestine demos is is causing jewish people to leave london and go back to their true home, israel

real loving grim stuff tbh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fuctifino posted:

Her concern is almost definitely driven by being worried that fascists are swept up under the new rules, but it still made me lol
There was something in Gove's proposed wording about making sure power is not disproportionately left in the hands of one group to the detriment of everyone else, at which point the entire tory party shifted incomfortably in their seats.

Blows my mind that an elected MP can just change parties, that there's nothing binding them to the values / election pledges they're voted in on. I mean in this case it's the MP simply shifting up a gear and going from the 'quietly being a reactionary bigot' party to the 'loudly being a reactionary bigot' party, but still. Like if you voted in a green MP and then they just immediately switched to BNP, is there any mechanism to stop that?

My racist father in law has apparently been getting further radicalised by the Reform UK facebook page. He's gotten addicted to posting his rants in the comments of the page because they keep telling him he should stand as a candidate.

I don't think any of them realise that working class people are the stooges in Reform's game. They're the mob to be whipped into a rage over whichever issue the bourgeoise want them to vote on, they're not supposed to ever be in charge.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jakabite posted:

What’s his video about anyway? Looks like he’s been sucking off punters outside Camden tube for the last week

lmfao

it's for "Commonwealth Day" apparently

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I don't want to throw any more fuel on the conspiracy fire, but can anyone find an actual video of him giving the speech?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

I don't want to throw any more fuel on the conspiracy fire, but can anyone find an actual video of him giving the speech?

its a fair point. Where is the actual video lol? I got that screen grab off Sky but they dont have it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

King Chuck looks more and more like his mam

(dead)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Maybe Kate tried to escape from the Foggy Islands on a sail boat like princess Latifa from Dubai, but the boat sank and she was rescued by a passing small boat and in the end she was flown to Rwanda.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Imagining Sideshow bob but with wall mounted AV equipment instead of rakes

I also had food in my sinuses due to an ill timed laugh earlier in the evening so when I arrived back at the halls in the mid morning, still pretty drunk, my flatmates genuinely thought I'd had the poo poo kicked out of me and been left overnight because I looked like such a loving mess

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Which is to say, Chuck looks like someone kicked the poo poo out of him and left him overnight.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Or like an old guy with cancer

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

dude with a T-shirt labelled "cancer" kicked the poo poo out of him

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nenonen posted:

Maybe Kate tried to escape from the Foggy Islands on a sail boat like princess Latifa from Dubai, but the boat sank and she was rescued by a passing small boat and in the end she was flown to Rwanda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrFD02bOJ3g

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

fuctifino posted:

Apparently the video message isn't out yet, due to be broadcast during the commonwealth day service today, which runs from 2:45-4pm, so it should be out within an hour.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Reveilled posted:

the commonwealth day service today
Normal countries: we have holidays that celebrate what we would like others to believe our values are, like Family Day, Human Rights Day, Constitution Day, or Heritage Day.
:britain:: Nobody knows or cares when our named days are, everyone just goes to work, then we have days off called some :effort: poo poo like late summer bank holiday.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Guavanaut posted:

Normal countries: we have holidays that celebrate what we would like others to believe our values are, like Family Day, Human Rights Day, Constitution Day, or Heritage Day.
:britain:: Nobody knows or cares when our named days are, everyone just goes to work, then we have days off called some :effort: poo poo like late summer bank holiday.

Yeah I had no idea what a commonwealth day was or that it was today.

The video is playing now, jesus he looks like death warmed up.

But not warmed up much, more like death put in a dodgy microwave with a broken turntable for 45 seconds.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They could go for the wankiest option possible (well, second wankiest over Spain having Renaissance Hitler Day) and call the Brexit referendum day Independence Day and I'd take it over the cultural void of

Or literally make some poo poo up, they could do the day that Brutus the Trojan and his Sea People established Britain by defeating the giants, even though that's not a thing that actually happened, like Japan does. Bonus with making some poo poo up is that you can pick whatever day you like so do it to give people a day off when the weather is nice.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MeinPanzer posted:

All joking aside, my money's on Kate having Crohn's or a similar chronic gastrointestinal condition. Spoke to a GP friend recently and she said that there are only so many conditions that fit the timeline and details about Kate's hospitalisation and that's one of them. Plus Will just appointed a guy who's a trustee of Crohn's & Colitis UK as the Kensington Palace private secretary:

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-of-wales-appoints-ex-diplomat-as-private-secretary-13067934

She probably had surgery to remove a section of her bowel and was terrified that she'd have to be seen in public with a stoma/colostomy bag.

That or Will has been wearing her skin around the palace.

Speaking as someone who's been seen in public with an ileostomy bag for the past 4 decades, even the most dedicated pap is going to have trouble getting that snap.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

They could go for the wankiest option possible (well, second wankiest over Spain having Renaissance Hitler Day) and call the Brexit referendum day Independence Day and I'd take it over the cultural void of

Huh, you'd think the Danes would have come up with something. At least then us being the only one would be funnier.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Rarity posted:

Wills in summer then George due to abdication after murder charges in autumn, just imagine the number of extra bank holidays we'll get

Not much use if you don't get paid bank holidays! If we want to take a bank holiday we have to take it from annual leave so mostly we don't bother - nothing much doing on a bank hol unless you like watching horse racing on tv.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Department for Culture, Media and Sport, 2016 posted:

The UK currently has no unique national day. However, there are a number of days of celebration, and others, which are associated with celebrating the constituent countries of Britain and their traditions.

Existing days of celebration include, St George's Day in England, St Andrew's Day in Scotland, St David's Day in Wales and St Patrick's Day in Northern Ireland.

Over the years there have been various suggestions from the public for days of celebration and new bank holidays, however the current pattern is well established and accepted.

Although, it has been celebrated since ancient times in many locations throughout the UK, the early May Day bank holiday has only been in existence in the UK since legislation was passed in 1978. More recently it has been associated with workers’ rights groups who choose to march or protest on this day to raise awareness of their causes.

So according to David Cameron's cabinet, the :actually: answer is that there is no unique national day because we celebrate May Day along with the international workers of the world.
:ussr:

I'm okay with that, but it would be nice if they told people.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
NORMAN!!! CATHERINE MANIPULATED THE ROYAL MOTHERING SUNDAY PHOTOGRAPH, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!

CATHERINE THE PRINCESS OF WALES!! WHO DO YOU THINK I'M TALKING ABOUT, NORMAN?!?!

WHAT IF I HAD ALREADY FRAMED THAT PHOTOGRAPH FOR THE GREAT ROOM, NORMAN?!? SELFISH, THOUGHTLESS, SILLY GIRL!!! :mad:

I SHOULD HOPE THAT THE PRINCE SCOLDS HER FOR HER IMPERTINENCE, NORMAN!!! SHE'S NOT ROYAL BLOOD!!!! SHE SHOULD KNOW HER PLACE, NORMAN!!!

I SHOULD RATHER THINK WILLIAM WOULD HAVE DONE A FINE JOB OF TOUCHING UP THE PHOTOGRAPH, NORMAN, HE HAS TWELVE G-C-S-Es!! I SHOULD THINK HE IS A WHIZZ-KID ON THE HOME-COMPUTER, NORMAN!

HE SHOULD MAKE CATHERINE TAKE AN EVENING CLASS TO IMPROVE HER SKILLS ON THE HOME COMPUTER BEFORE SHE USES IT AGAIN, NORMAN!!

crispix fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 11, 2024

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:siren: PANIC OVER! :siren:

'Kate' has been 'pictured' leaving Windsor Castle!

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1767198048852029866

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She's en route to the electric chair.

Little known fact is the zap seat is still legal, but only for use by the royal family.