Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Those Bananas tickets are secondary market? On their website they say tickets start at 35$ the problem being it's a lottery to be able to buy tickets directly from them as there is a huge amount of people signed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

On second look the site my wife found is for secondary market, but yeah the lottery appears to be the only way to get tickets directly and sign-ups for that closed Dec. 1. That’s tough planning that far out for a game in late July. I’m also not clear on whether the lottery is just home games or the full schedule, but guessing it’s the latter.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Popete posted:

Those Bananas tickets are secondary market? On their website they say tickets start at 35$ the problem being it's a lottery to be able to buy tickets directly from them as there is a huge amount of people signed up.

Probably not so much a huge amount of people as a smaller amount of people operating a huge number of bots

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Who?

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Globetrotters are coming by later in the month and just getting in the door is $30, but for courtside or VIP experience they are $200+ considering it is Ticketmaster (so those $30s are probably closer to $50).

They also do two games a day, so they are playing an insane number of games compared to the Bananas. For as packed as their schedule is, somebody must be raking.

We did courtside seats at the globetrotters and I had the biggest, stupidest smile on my face the entire time.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Bananas seem like a fun vibe but tickets STARTING at $200+ feels at odds with their whole aesthetic to me somehow

I thought this was about making baseball fun and accessible in contrast to the majors but I guess they’re doing well

Edit: oh secondary market shenanigans, lovely

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Wayne Knight posted:

We did courtside seats at the globetrotters and I had the biggest, stupidest smile on my face the entire time.
DON'T TEMPT ME, FRODO BAGGINS!

I'm not a super basketball fan, but I could be into going just to check it out and say I've done it and might as well get the full meal deal.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

bawfuls posted:

The Bananas seem like a fun vibe but tickets STARTING at $200+ feels at odds with their whole aesthetic to me somehow

I thought this was about making baseball fun and accessible in contrast to the majors but I guess they’re doing well

I love the endearingly naive people who advocate for pro athlete wages to be capped at like 40 bucks an hour, and just make tickets super cheap! Like even if aliens bodysnatched all the billionaires and made them willing to do that, the ticket prices you and I pay wouldn't change in this capitalist paradise. The people running the secondary-market bots would just become the billionaires instead of the team owners.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

They're popular enough that they have to run a lottery for tickets and then yeah the secondary market goes nuts for them. Like not to be that guy but within the context of capitalism I'm not really sure what else they could be doing besides like, playing way more games or not even selling tickets in advance and just doing a first come first serve deal, although that would just lead to the actual game days being a madhouse.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sydin posted:

They're popular enough that they have to run a lottery for tickets and then yeah the secondary market goes nuts for them. Like not to be that guy but within the context of capitalism I'm not really sure what else they could be doing besides like, playing way more games or not even selling tickets in advance and just doing a first come first serve deal, although that would just lead to the actual game days being a madhouse.

Identifying and extrajudicially killing bot operators.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
How much are they paying guys like Clemens and Oswalt to show up?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

$40 an hour

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So over the winter I signed up for NordVPN and now mlb dot com and mlb dot tv just show a blank white page in Chrome whenever I'm using the app. Tried opening a ticket with Nord and they've had me change a bunch of app and OS settings to no avail. Any other goons having issues?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Figured y'all would appreciate this:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sounds like The All Powerful Market could support additional novelty independent baseball teams to meet demand

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mr-Spain posted:

News: Went to the Savanna Banana's game at MinuteMaid last night
Views: It was loving awesome and well worth the ticket price.

Rodger Clemens and Roy Oswalt came in to pitch in separate innings as surprise players and I'm pretty sure Josh Riddick batted at some point. Clemens and Oswalt had me nostalgic for 2005. Also Oswalt came out like this lmfao;

I was at that game too and yeah Reddick did get an AB but got a 4-pitch "walk" (they don't have walks, but after 4 balls you get to run the bases until everyone on defense touches the ball, he just jogged to 1st).

Clemens got absolutely lit up, which was hilarious. Roy O didn't do so well either but got a bit jobbed by some sloppy fielding.

Thankfully the tickets we got were only like $60 but we had to do a bunch of lottery entries and get in on the first batch to get that, but it was at least first level (sec. 128 I think). It was a ton of fun, but general admission style tickets are kinda weird (you basically get a chunk of sections and you pick your seat, first come first serve). There were lines for several blocks right when gates opened but we luckily got in within like 5 minutes anyway. Despite it being a bit chaotic and unusual getting in, it actually worked out okay and MMP was packed even up in the "cheap" seats. I don't know that I'd pay $200 to go but I'd go again for about half that or so.

Bonus Roger on the big screen:

edit: the video of the game is posted, here's the timestamp to Reddick AB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fVgRgkDJeE&t=1523s

edit2: Clemens is at 34:13 if you wanna watch him get lit up

No Safe Word fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 11, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Better than Jimmy John's surgery.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah but the recovery is freaky fast

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So what were Roy and Roger hitting on the gun

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

GPTribefan posted:

Yeah but the recovery is freaky fast

smells are free

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Trevor Bauer threw yesterday against Dodgers minor leaguers on the backfields in AZ for some reason?

https://twitter.com/talkinbaseball_/status/1766934395804323921?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Apparently there were zero scouts present to watch him which I hope is true but...

Since he was apparently hitting 99 I'm expecting some team to hold their nose and sign him so I'm glad the Astros have too many starters as it is

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1767209421472440381

Congrats Astros fans.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Congrats to Yankees fans on their impending new SP signing. I hear he was electric vs the Dodgers minor leaguers yesterday.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That is what’s going to happen, isn’t it?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Can Trevor Bauer just gently caress off forever?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

:hmmyes:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

He'll do it in pinstripes.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Bauer will still be out there trying to scrounge up a contract when he’s fifty

He lives and breathes attention, and the idea that no one cares about him anymore will always be more than he can bear

I can’t really imagine him quietly retiring and opening up a car dealership somewhere

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Season over in March :rip:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I really doubt the Yankees would sign Bauer cause of Cole and Stroman

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bravesword posted:

Bauer will still be out there trying to scrounge up a contract when he’s fifty

He lives and breathes attention, and the idea that no one cares about him anymore will always be more than he can bear

I can’t really imagine him quietly retiring and opening up a car dealership somewhere

I think he ends up in prison, guys with that type of proclivity, mindset, and documented behavior don’t just stop

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/bryanhoch/status/1767212627858473355?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Having all of your excitement for the season zapped in two tweets sucks!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not to inadvertently cause terrible events but imo nobody is going to sign Bauer. Teams seem to have recognized the score with him: he's never going to shut up, he's going to make it all about himself, and if any team did sign him he'd just immediately use the public media platform that would offer him to try and exonerate himself. If he were actually willing to sit down for an apology presser and then hand the keys to his social media over to team PR and otherwise keep his head down in front of the media then yeah he'd probably have some interested teams, but he's made it clear that's not how things are going to play out of he gets another shot. And none of this is even getting into the fact that he was an annoying shithead even before the sexual assault aspect came out and prior to that he was still infamous as a terrible clubhouse guy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

elentar posted:

I think he ends up in prison, guys with that type of proclivity, mindset, and documented behavior don’t just stop

Yeah there's a very likely "OJ getting busted for armed robbery" outcome to his life story

Also agree with Sydin here, his dickishness combined with the admitted use of the Sticky Stuff during his 2018 season will keep teams skeptical enough to (hopefully) let him gently caress off forever

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1766550205623599548

NL Central is stacked.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

https://x.com/bryanhoch/status/1767212627858473355?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Having all of your excitement for the season zapped in two tweets sucks!

I am choosing to protect myself by putting off panic about Judge until Wednesday.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

I am choosing to protect myself by putting off panic about Judge until Wednesday.

The great thing about spring training is you can completely write it off as meaningless when your team looks bad and simultaneously declare that Matt Shaw is going to win the MVP this year

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Trading four pitchers for Soto is off to a good start.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm so mad at myself for laughing at this.

Bro that 2019 rotation was the coolest poo poo to watch all year long I'll never hate the man. He got paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sydin posted:

Not to inadvertently cause terrible events but imo nobody is going to sign Bauer. Teams seem to have recognized the score with him: he's never going to shut up, he's going to make it all about himself, and if any team did sign him he'd just immediately use the public media platform that would offer him to try and exonerate himself. If he were actually willing to sit down for an apology presser and then hand the keys to his social media over to team PR and otherwise keep his head down in front of the media then yeah he'd probably have some interested teams, but he's made it clear that's not how things are going to play out of he gets another shot. And none of this is even getting into the fact that he was an annoying shithead even before the sexual assault aspect came out and prior to that he was still infamous as a terrible clubhouse guy.

Counterpoint: eventually he'll be willing to play for cheap enough someone will pull the trigger