Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They keep doing these "test" matches but they never do the real thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Testin my patience.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

They keep doing these "test" matches but they never do the real thing

It’s actually short for testicles. That’s why all the nut shots

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tree Bucket posted:

So why did cricket never really catch on in Canada? It’s hung on in all the other current/former Commonwealth countries

Homegrown sports, weather, American influence.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

freeedr posted:

It’s actually short for testicles. That’s why all the nut shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTVmuqviqE

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you start from a place of 0 knowledge of both, Cricket is a lot easier to understand. Baseball is better, though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dameius posted:

If you start from a place of 0 knowledge of both, Cricket is a lot easier to understand. Baseball is better, though.

Original football was the best. Get a ball over a line however. No other rules. Than management came in and made a whole bunch of pointless rules and dress codes and other nonsense making a fun relaxing time for all into work! Then they got people to pay to watch them!!!!

You may as well just go into any random office and stare at the cubical slaves!!!

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

dr_rat posted:

Original football was the best. Get a ball over a line however. No other rules. Than management came in and made a whole bunch of pointless rules and dress codes and other nonsense making a fun relaxing time for all into work! Then they got people to pay to watch them!!!!

You may as well just go into any random office and stare at the cubical slaves!!!

This version ceased to be a challenge for me, my balls are always over the line.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Tree Bucket posted:

So why did cricket never really catch on in Canada? It’s hung on in all the other current/former Commonwealth countries

They have a club with daily matches in Victoria BC. It comes across as kind of a bougie which doesn't help with the hockey crowd, especially with boomer canucks.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

dr_rat posted:

A Calcio Storico fan, I see.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lobok posted:

Homegrown sports, weather, American influence.

They also sound more like US Americans than like Brits

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

idgi

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/10/24096762/kate-middleton-edited-photo-royal-family-possible-fake

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmao

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:yeshaha:

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

CheeseThief posted:

This version ceased to be a challenge for me, my balls are always over the line.

You dress to the front then, bold choice. Like a king.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

:lol::lol: god drat I thought there was a lot of posts today

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Tree Bucket posted:

Cricket is pretty huge dude. Nearly every sizable park in Ontario has a cricket pitch. Most people play games in the early morning ~6am so you never see them.
The reason it's not bigger is because to have a league you need opponents and it's extremely expensive to fly a whole team around all the time.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The woman upset about the "wrong" medication used for her cold is one of those idiots that believes over-the-counter medicine actually treats diseases instead of symptoms. Her poor husband.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GolfHole posted:

Cricket is pretty huge dude. Nearly every sizable park in Ontario has a cricket pitch. Most people play games in the early morning ~6am so you never see them.
The reason it's not bigger is because to have a league you need opponents and it's extremely expensive to fly a whole team around all the time.

I think I would say it's not huge but still slowly getting bigger (huh, why does saying that give me deja vu).

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There was a pretty big Indian population in my apartment complex in Louisiana and they would take the tennis court net down and play cricket there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmao if you own that many mugs that is on you

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Who would own so few mugs and why

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Real heads have a single, filthy mug imbued with the memories of every cup of coffee or tea or whatever

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Cricket seems much more incomprehensible, but that's probably just because it's had almost no cultural impact outside of the core area where it's played, unlike baseball.

I read the BBC news site sometimes, occasionally there'll be an article about cricket, and half the words read like they were made up on the spot

It's mostly incomprehensible because of the names. But mostly it's player positions and those are just where in the pitch you're standing. Short - Mid - Deep are you close to the batsman or not. Leg side is the left of the batsman because of how he stands. So square leg is left side of the pitch inline with the batsman,square is a reasonably common sporting term. You can be deep square leg or short square leg.

The actual game isn't very complex but folk just get hung up on the names. I played cricket once and it's a fun time, you don't actually need to know the names.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dameius posted:

Staying ignorant of both is best

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Inceltown posted:

lmao if you own that many mugs that is on you

This is the clenched paw of avarice. This miser has sullied and hoarded every quality piece of drinkware at their workplace, without returning it to the canteen or washing up, forcing their colleagues to drink their coffees from tiny yard sard espresso snifters or elephantine groj sale sippy cups. They will for sure be shot for their crimes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Revvik posted:

Who would own so few mugs and why

I own 2 mugs. They are for ice cream only.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

I own 2 mugs. They are for ice cream only.

Non-traditional mug use is the way. I mostly use mine for flavored nuts so my hands don't get all gross.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I shall assume you speak of deez flavored nuts.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nut cups do tend to get gross.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Non-traditional mug use is the way. I mostly use mine for flavored nuts so my hands don't get all gross.

tea bags in a mug is pretty traditional

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Karate Bastard posted:

Nut cups do tend to get gross.

speak for your own nut cup

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Ligma mug

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Karate Bastard posted:

This is the clenched paw of avarice. This miser has sullied and hoarded every quality piece of drinkware at their workplace, without returning it to the canteen or washing up, forcing their colleagues to drink their coffees from tiny yard sard espresso snifters or elephantine groj sale sippy cups. They will for sure be shot for their crimes.

Groj sale mugs are the worst. Yes I would like one litre of coffee from a perma-stained and slightly sticky mug.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hey, I’ll cup YOUR nuts, pal :argh:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

freeedr posted:

Hey, I’ll cup YOUR nuts, pal :argh:

DM me. :wink:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Heath posted:

Real heads have a single, filthy mug imbued with the memories of every cup of coffee or tea or whatever

And God help you if you wash it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

RE: flavor infused mugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DOpEPkrqg