Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PUBG swapping to Unreal 5 engine /w a bunch of other cool things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdFJ68y45pg

Started playing PUBG with some mates this year, and it's honestly a bunch of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unreal Engine 5 has quickly turned into one of the worse things about current gen gaming.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How's that? Prefabs and homogenization?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Very poor optimization, it hasn't been the amazing game engine that is ultra optimized and runs well on console and PC that Epic promised. Game devs also need to just stop forcing 4K resolution.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Very poor optimization, it hasn't been the amazing game engine that is ultra optimized and runs well on console and PC that Epic promised. Game devs also need to just stop forcing 4K resolution.

But how will they sell $1500 video cards without 4K resolution?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1767264538485731528?t=tdJ6On8Iv0WObGtrMqQeYw&s=19

Unplayable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeremymoises1/status/1767266156073586994

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Talk about lazy devs, how did this even get past QA????

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's not a mistake. The S is highlighted because it's Super (Super Mario, Super Nintendo).
Kojima does it again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

It's not a mistake. The S is highlighted because it's Super (Super Mario, Super Nintendo).
Kojima does it again

So that means this was intentional :hmmyes:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Infinitum posted:

Ur Mr. Gay!?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm Bowser?!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm Shinjobi

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Infinitum posted:

Staring at this getting more confused by the minute.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Strawberry Panda posted:

Staring at this getting more confused by the minute.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

See, I'm just noticing that the M in Mario, and only that letter, has no 3D depth while the others do.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it has depth, it's just in shadow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Geez, game designers, get it together

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

it has depth, it's just in shadow

no, it's in Mario. Shadow is from a different series

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Screenbound/status/1763917870373728500?t=n_XFXJ3qKtgtdwH5daLIjQ&s=19

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's a really rad concept, I hope it ends up being fun too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

Geez, game designers, get it together
read this in the voice

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1767312314209042556

:sigh:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

is exoprimal a secret smash success over in japan or something, i've heard bupkiss about that game ever since it released

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mega Man Ex

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

read this in the voice

Two Koopas? Why not three? Geez, what were they thinking?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dabir posted:

no, it's in Mario. Shadow is from a different series

you fool

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lordfrikk posted:

I played 1-6 (via the Ace Attorney Trilogy and Apollo Justice Trilogy on Steam) for the first time this year and they're of varying quality but if you're a fan of the game style they're all worth playing with some caveats.

Music: 1-3 are excellent, among the best video game music of all time. 4 and 6 are serviceable with some standouts. 5 is completely unremarkable to the point you might not even notice it.
Story: 1 is great, 2 is alright, 3 is better. 4 is pretty drat good, 5 is mediocre, 6 is good. If I had to rate them: 1>3>4>6>2>5
Visuals: 1-3 are 2d, and are all top notch. 4 moved partially to 3D but is still pretty. 5 is weird, by far my least favorite looks-wise, and 6 is pretty good looking again despite being almost the same as 5, there's just something that was missing/off in 5.

I don't know what happened with 5 but it's by far the worst in all regards, it's like they outsourced it to someone else.

5 had Blackquill which automatically makes it top tier in my books. Guy's a hoot.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 12, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, all of the games are good. 4 and 5 both have some rough patches but I personally love both of them albeit for different reasons. 6 is a great return to form.

And then after all that, you have Chronicles, in which Phoenix Wright's ancestor from Japan comes to Great Britain and gets mixed up with Sherlock Holmes.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Chronicles is loving great. Easily my favorite in the series. Herlock Sholmes is awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is anyone even playing this? Steam shows zero users.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pizza Tower just got the Noise Mode update

https://store.steampowered.com/news...57268?l=english

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat I need to finish that drat tower

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I've been playing Final Fantasy VII.

Like, actual Final Fantasy VII, because I still don't have a PS5. It's pretty good. I'm actually liking it! This guy are sick!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
capcom will do absolutely everything with megaman except make a new game. weird since apparently megaman 11 was a resounding success

Khanstant posted:

drat I need to finish that drat tower
considering it has one of the best final bosses and final levels ever, you sure do

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I clicked the trailer for the noise update

uploaded 2 hours ago

and right there in the first slot of recommendations

uploaded 1 hour ago

there's always gonna be that guy who will perfect a game within hours of release. or in this case, one hour

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would've played MegaMan Battle Network Neo Fungus Tech if they tried that grift, just in the odd chance it somehow compels them to make a new MMBN game.

So many terrible things have been done to Online since the last MMBN game, so many .exes and virus plots they could've been adapted into over the years.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Bad Video Games posted:

Chronicles is loving great. Easily my favorite in the series. Herlock Sholmes is awesome.

My only complaint with Chronicles was just how much...I don't know what it's called, but there was never a straightforward line of dialogue. Naruhodo would point something out, and his assistant would make a quip, then he'd reply, and she'd make a jokey comment, and he'd be like "wuhhh" and she'd giggle and he'd lament his situation or something. Or it's be like that in court, or while with the little Herlock girl assistant, or whatever.

I know the other games have a similar dynamic, but I just found it far more common in Chronicles, and it became exhausting. I put the game down halfway through the second case of part 2 for a while as a result.

Oh yeah also Soseki Natsume is the most irritating poo poo and when he showed up the second time I groaned out loud. I would've rather let him be declared guilty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Morpheus posted:

My only complaint with Chronicles was just how much...I don't know what it's called, but there was never a straightforward line of dialogue. Naruhodo would point something out, and his assistant would make a quip, then he'd reply, and she'd make a jokey comment, and he'd be like "wuhhh" and she'd giggle and he'd lament his situation or something. Or it's be like that in court, or while with the little Herlock girl assistant, or whatever.

I know the other games have a similar dynamic, but I just found it far more common in Chronicles...

The default character unit of the Ace Attorney series is the comedy duo - and it's that way all the way down.

Phoenix is the straight man to the assistant's funnyman.
Edgeworth is the straight man to Phoenix's funnyman, and both of them are straight men to the judge and the wacky witnesses.
And so on.