Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

idiotsavant posted:

Runemaster sounds like it was supposed to be a flat 15% but instead is acting as a +15% per point ward regen which probably ends up being something insane in a good low life build

I haven't really bothered looking at Runemaster yet because it seems very :effort: compared to my two-button spellblade but it also feels like it has the greatest potential for busted Mage builds since invocations are so buried & kinda difficult to parse

For comparison, Vessel of Strife is an endgame build-defining relic that only rarely drops from t4 Julra and it has 40-66% of life regen also apply to ward. Runemaster can for 8 passive points get 120% (and also 72 life and 24% health regen on top). Its insanely busted.

Runemaster is extremely busted even without any bugs and can be easily played as a two-button build as well. The strongest invocation is Reowyn's Frostguard, which gives you a lot of ward and 30% damage reduction. Since it has a 13sec duration you can use Immutable Order to easily get permanent uptime. Pick any flavour of skill for dps and you're good to go - Spark Charges and Frost Claw are probably the most common ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

Primalist is a very large boy.

Lpzie if you could make and share a video of your current character in action I would appreciate it. If that is too hard forget it. I don’t know about YouTube or whatever

Something like this is kinda how I'm playing right now. I kill even less usually. Depends on echo density.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRzRC0lDkk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks

I wanted to see the health globe in action. That owns

Very chill

euphronius fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 12, 2024

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Not an entirely surprising event. I do wish they'd stuck to their original stance, and reddit polling for game changes seems crazy to me, but I guess it was a big enough deal to open that particular can of worms.

Kaddish posted:

Even after the fix the ward bump from bone curse profane veil will still be useful against damage spikes yeah?

Not really. There's absolutely zero sustain, which was kind of the whole point of getting a ton of it. Generating 9k ward isn't exactly amazing and you have to stop and spin to do it. I usually refreshed the second it hit 20k because a blip of connection weirdness with a skill not firing would mean death. You can easily generate more ward from a low life setup. The health scaling on walls is broken, and that might give you some usage, but there wasn't a poll about that.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Lpzie posted:

Something like this is kinda how I'm playing right now. I kill even less usually. Depends on echo density.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRzRC0lDkk

Ngl that clip is very funny to watch. Something about just running around, mobbing then destroying a pack instantly before resuming the jog

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I got 2 of these. mulling over whether to make the ultimate leveling rings or try a poison build

e: looks like all the poison builds kinda suck or were abusing a bug that might get hit so leveling rings it is lmao

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 12, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Two dumb questions - I'm level 81 with my spellblade and just started running empowered monos. If I hit the right maps I can usually cruise pretty easy but I definitely run into a few where it either takes me a bit to kill stuff - like 5-6 seconds to burn down an uncommon and maybe 10-12 to kill certain elites vs pretty much instantly trashing everything including mages in normal mono. I'm definitely dying more if I'm not careful, too, especially if I don't pay enough attention to stacked up affliction attacks. My gear isn't flat out terrible, but somewhat mid, and there are a few pieces I definitely need to improve, like my relic. Is this a pretty normal state of things for starting Empowereds?

2nd q - I want to start throwing some exalted gear into twink uniques so I can start some alts; I'm assuming LP2 stuff is probably good enough if I get the right rolls in. Should I just aim to farm for them in empowereds, or is easy mode farming in normal better?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I decided to take a break from the helm farming and start leveling up the Necro with a little bit of twink gear. I have to say that having an unstoppable army of skeletons and a bone golem and just munching through the campaign as fast as I can move is kinda fun.

At level 26 and some of the key twinkie items...

6 skeleton archers (+1 next skill level) and 4 skeleton mages plus bone golem. I drop an infernal shade on whatever as I'm running through, and use the Acolyte teleport skill whose name is escaping me to just zoom zoom.

Game is a hoot playing new characters this way.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

idiotsavant posted:

Two dumb questions - I'm level 81 with my spellblade and just started running empowered monos. If I hit the right maps I can usually cruise pretty easy but I definitely run into a few where it either takes me a bit to kill stuff - like 5-6 seconds to burn down an uncommon and maybe 10-12 to kill certain elites vs pretty much instantly trashing everything including mages in normal mono. I'm definitely dying more if I'm not careful, too, especially if I don't pay enough attention to stacked up affliction attacks. My gear isn't flat out terrible, but somewhat mid, and there are a few pieces I definitely need to improve, like my relic. Is this a pretty normal state of things for starting Empowereds?

2nd q - I want to start throwing some exalted gear into twink uniques so I can start some alts; I'm assuming LP2 stuff is probably good enough if I get the right rolls in. Should I just aim to farm for them in empowereds, or is easy mode farming in normal better?

1) spellblade is considered the worst subclass in the game right now,and only has 2 viable skills both requiring some pretty high end exalted gear to function properly. that's a big factor in how you're feeling in empowered monoliths

2) if you're cof, just getting the lp bonus and running a couple unique prophecies will you get you plenty of lp2 items. if you're bazaar, trade for some low level ones. you want to be in empowered monoliths, as you get a higher rarity multiplier and also better blessing rewards to flesh out your character.

The Locator posted:

nice setup you have there. agree that the best part of the game is making insane gear for alts. I JUST put a set together tonight that's pretty strong. my alt is running around with 1400 health and 60 strength at level 16 lmao

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 12, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Tonetta posted:

nice setup you have there. agree that the best part of the game is making insane gear for alts. I JUST put a set together tonight that's pretty strong. my alt is running around with 1400 health and 60 strength at level 16 lmao

Those are both Weaver's Web items... zero effort involved, just drop them into a slot and kill poo poo and see what they turn into! I got like 20 of each of those from prophecies dropping metric crap-tons of uniques. I have yet to actually do a dungeon in this game so I have put zero effort into doing the exalted slam thing.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I just meant more that you have relevant stats for your build on the weavers items, which is quite nice since weavers is such a crapshoot sometimes. I got like 40 of those rings and no will to id them even though it's in my benefit to

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Tonetta posted:

1) spellblade is considered the worst subclass in the game right now,and only has 2 viable skills both requiring some pretty high end exalted gear to function properly. that's a big factor in how you're feeling in empowered monoliths

Yeah, I really like the Surge/Static combo but getting it to a viable place in empowereds feels like it'll be a real grind to put the gear together, so I think I'm going to twink up a Runemaster & mess around with that instead. Figure I can save some time for that + future alts with a little farming on my current main

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

Yes, empowered monoliths are a big step up from normal monoliths.

Stick in empowereds if you can. better drop rates, and you get more favor to throw at prophecies/the bazaar.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Falconer is so good, it kind of makes all the time I spent gearing up my Runemaster to have been totally pointless. I read lots of posts about it but nobody told me it wasn't a boring ranged bow build, it's actually Tal Rasha Meteors from D3 except it's your bird divebombing and flaying everything onscreen. Just found a decent Talons of Valor with 2LP and a very nice exalted helm with Dive Bomb + Dex affixes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Seriously, does anyone experience Flame Rush with Glyph of Intention just...not going anywhere half of the time?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Found a 3LP Ribbons of Blood and got the exact three affixes I needed. :rock:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Woooow...

I spent the whole campaign leveling Mage to build around specifically using this Unique

Only to find out in the rear end end of the campaign that Flame Dash is actually bugged to poo poo and doesn't work properly half of the time, so all my efforts were completely wasted.

Jack Trades posted:

Seriously, does anyone experience Flame Rush with Glyph of Intention just...not going anywhere half of the time?

OH! So I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on and I got it now.

What was happening is that when Glyph of Intention says

It's actually loving full of poo poo, and the skill still acts partially as if it was channeled by cancelling instantly and not moving you anywhere if you go into the negative mana by casting it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Do we know when this Cycle ends? Debating how much father to try and push this Lich or to just reroll.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It ends when the next Poe league starts

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Do we know when this Cycle ends? Debating how much father to try and push this Lich or to just reroll.

Months

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

euphronius posted:

It ends when the next Poe league starts

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Can experimental affixes get transferred to legendaries?

The wraithlord build wants the "minions teleport with you" affix, and the volatile zombies on potion use, and ward/missing health affixes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

A cycle is intended to be 3 months long but the first cycle will be longer because the developers need to get everything set up first. We don't know how much longer.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

A Moose posted:

The wraithlord build wants the "minions teleport with you" affix, and the volatile zombies on potion use, and ward/missing health affixes.

I believe yes. There's a glyph you can use that will let you get an experimental affix onto an exalted item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXYYg_z1O3E

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Tonetta posted:

I thought spellblade was sort of okay if on the weaker side and Shaman was generally considered the weakest mastery since, with a few exceptions, almost anything primalist is good at could be done better by either of the other two masteries.

I don’t know if 1.0 changed anything, but when rune master came out in .9, I saw a lot more complaints about sorcerer than spellblade.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

gnoma posted:

Healing Hands Paladin is currently the strongest version of what you're asking for. It has some slightly tedious buffs to manage but other melee builds kind of do too. Here is a guide for a Vengeance version that also goes over some of the other ways to play it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpSRvMMPXA

Alternate guide for playing with Rive that uses a shield: https://youtu.be/S2SHPBAcMgE

Werebear Swipe is a solid option if you just want to get up in the face of things and be super tanky. Cheaper health regen version. More expensive low life version. Swarmblade can get a bit more damage than Werebear but is a little funkier. The maxroll frostbite build is a good way to go.

Spellblade gets a lot out of going sword and board. Shatter Strike is probably the strongest skill to build around. Glass Cannon crit verson & slightly out of date frostbite version. Neither version has a shield in the planner but you can simply throw on a Cradle of the Erased (or Bulwark of the Last Abyss if you get some health regen) and add the block blessing from Age of Winter timeline and maybe get block chance on ring suffixes. Surge also performs well and has a builder/spender playstyle instead of the mana management you do with Shatter Strike. Slightly out of date Surge build.

Thanks for this. I'm only level 21 on my Paladin, and using decent Uniques, so naturally the build feels strong but so far I think I already like the 'flavor' of just heal bombing the poo poo out of everything while I go BONKBONKBONK with my big meaty leveling weapon

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

The Locator posted:

So I decided to take a break from the helm farming and start leveling up the Necro with a little bit of twink gear. I have to say that having an unstoppable army of skeletons and a bone golem and just munching through the campaign as fast as I can move is kinda fun.

At level 26 and some of the key twinkie items...

6 skeleton archers (+1 next skill level) and 4 skeleton mages plus bone golem. I drop an infernal shade on whatever as I'm running through, and use the Acolyte teleport skill whose name is escaping me to just zoom zoom.

RotG aint legendary, traaaaash

this is a very neat setup, i bet this could just beat the campaign through all the shortcut dungeons on the get go without prior powerleveling 25-60 in monos

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

gnoma posted:

Werebear Swipe is a solid option if you just want to get up in the face of things and be super tanky. Cheaper health regen version. More expensive low life version. Swarmblade can get a bit more damage than Werebear but is a little funkier. The maxroll frostbite build is a good way to go.

Why the frostbite swarmblade instead of the lightning one? Been trying to decide between the 2 for my next alt and was leaning storm.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I thought spellblade was sort of okay if on the weaker side and Shaman was generally considered the weakest mastery since, with a few exceptions, almost anything primalist is good at could be done better by either of the other two masteries.

I don’t know if 1.0 changed anything, but when rune master came out in .9, I saw a lot more complaints about sorcerer than spellblade.

don't get me wrong I still took spellblade to 600 corruption and could continue climbing if I played near perfect at all times, but the one good build (shatter strike) conflicts directly with exsanguinous, as it requires self inflicting bleed on its' unique. like yeah, technically you could do better on frost claw if you don't mind staring your enemies to death and moving at a snails' pace as early as corruption 250, but I don't have infinity time. both the flat damage and ignite stacking versions of flame reave suck, firebrand is only good if you want to want to use it as a supporting tool for shatter strike. there's a single spellblade in the top 50 after sorting by class in the leaderboard, all the way down at 266 waves. shaman is represented at early as rank 6 within class at 392 waves. spellblade just is in a bad spot right now.

A Moose posted:

yes, if the item is exalted to begin with

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Shaman may be the weakest mastery, but Storm totem is shredding mobs through the story. Given how well the three newest masteries turned out, I’m pretty confident that shaman and other weaker ones will end up in a good place when they take a look at them.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Tonetta posted:

I just meant more that you have relevant stats for your build on the weavers items, which is quite nice since weavers is such a crapshoot sometimes. I got like 40 of those rings and no will to id them even though it's in my benefit to

Ah yeah. Those were just sitting in my stash because I'm a hoarder. I was leveling weavers items for fun while running empowered monoliths on my VK after a bunch of them dropped with 16+ weavers points and those were just a couple that were garbage for the VK but I kept them anyway. I need to start putting on some of the many pairs of completely unworn boots I've got and see if I can get better affixes on those, although the capped physical resistance from the start of the campaign is certainly very nice!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really wish one could organize prophecies that you selected instead of just being in order of when you bought it.

Have to keep track of them in excel so I can tell which monolith I have most in to focus on at times.

vvv speak it! I was only doing corruption 125 and it took me a solid 50 tries on my falconer.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 12, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Man, empowered Heriot is such an rear end in a top hat. Once the blizzard starts and he jumps around the map its instant death if you cant immediately teleport to follow him.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Digital Jedi posted:

I really wish one could organize prophecies that you selected instead of just being in order of when you bought it.

Have to keep track of them in excel so I can tell which monolith I have most in to focus on at times.

Anymore I look at the requirements and pick ones that just say "monolith" or "X corruption" instead of specific timelines. Probably missing out on some things but it requires no thinking or planning.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Found a 3LP Ribbons of Blood and got the exact three affixes I needed. :rock:

Love to see it!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

this leveling gear is letting me to do monoliths at level 20 lol

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Man, empowered Heriot is such an rear end in a top hat. Once the blizzard starts and he jumps around the map its instant death if you cant immediately teleport to follow him.

A lot of classes have nodes that give their traversal skills complete damage immunity, those are super good for that fight, you just have to hold your traversal for the blizzard.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Tonetta posted:

this leveling gear is letting me to do monoliths at level 20 lol

That's a lot of exalt slamming, but some pretty amazing stats to run the campaign with and level!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Now that I fully understand how Legendary Potential works, I think it's a really ingenious system to keep uniques relevant while also making good Exalted drops desirable as well. It's actually quite clever how they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There should be a semi-rare drop that lets you add LP slots though.