Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

The random inclusion of Trump yelling “I DONT LIKE MOSQUITOES!” leads me to think that Nadler is a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Aramis posted:

But that's exactly the difference between worship and approval. (E: replying to Rod)

COVID didn't make a dent in Trump's sycophants opinion of him. THAT's what worship gets you. W. never got that type of support at any scale comparable to Reagan and Trump.

This is a great point and is making me think. They did turn on Bush while he was in office.

They only love this loser more now that's he's been out of office for 4 years. It's wild.

I would also like to use the shadow of this comment to make the real confession I owned and wore a "Free Olly" T-shirt to high school in order to protest some rule. I had a backup shirt ready cuz I'm slick like that. Reagan Youth for awhile.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

The random inclusion of Trump yelling “I DONT LIKE MOSQUITOES!” leads me to think that Nadler is a goon.

Well…. He did very obviously poo poo his pants that one time…

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Democrats should hire Vic Berger to make some supercuts

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1767589419043692556
lol

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Should have made it so that the letters at the bottom spell "BOEING"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Didn’t the praetorian guard murder Caligula? :lol:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Gymmy McConnelling in his pants on camera.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Nessus posted:

Gotta respect the office (void if president black)

Yup. Republicans are the only legitimate rulers. Obama wasn't a real president because he wasn't born in America. Biden isn't the real president because Trump won 2020. There are no legitimate Democratic presidents.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Like....Hurr had to realize this transcript was going to come out eventually. What the gently caress did he think was gonna happen when people saw that he lied?

The lie will be cemented in the key demographic's malfunctioning brains before the truth gets its boots on.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How had I never heard this

https://youtu.be/R8GZ_epkBDQ?si=a1L4P2jfQ_k_BHKH

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Didn’t the praetorian guard murder Caligula? :lol:

Not really but they did, on their own accord, decide that Claudius gets to rule now. From that point on, they became a constant factor whenever a new emperor was in play.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

because there was a circus every loving day for 4 plus years and eventually all the acts blend together.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Glimm posted:

Ah so you didn't work in the same office I did where a coworker had a life-size cardboard cutout of that jackass in her cube. I wonder what kinda crazy trump poo poo she has now.

I went to the same types of summer camps featured in the documentary "Jesus Camp. Pulling out cardboard cut outs of Bush and preying for and at them was not a one off thing. It happened several times.

There is/was for sure literal religious worship of Republican candidates. They do it behind closed doors, when they think they're in good company. They try to reach their kids to do it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Some funny compilations coming out of this hearing... but what a colossal waste of time. It's almost like the government is super inefficient and childish.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lifespan posted:

Some funny compilations coming out of this hearing... but what a colossal waste of time. It's almost like the government is super inefficient and childish.
The fruits of wise and godly GOP governance

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1767585076072628559?s=20

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HappyHippo posted:

Yup. Republicans are the only legitimate rulers. Obama wasn't a real president because he wasn't born in America. Biden isn't the real president because Trump won 2020. There are no legitimate Democratic presidents.

Bill Clinton wasn’t legitimate because he never got a majority of the vote. :jerkbag:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Philthy posted:

What is this transcript of Hurr detailing? Like why was Biden answering questions about his son's death etc to a Republican?

it was the investigation into biden improperly retaining classified documents after his time as vice president. the investigation determined that no criminal charges were warranted, but hurr included in his report something to the effect that if charges were brought, the jury would be sympathetic because biden comes off as an amiable, confused old man

i haven't bothered to read enough of the transcript to know why they touched on beau's date of death in the interview

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/Cm5ku8M.mp4

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

I said it in another thread, but man screw all these people who take republican appointees at face value

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

The Count's beard really fucks me up. Proper Mandela effect poo poo.

What the hell, how have I literally never realized that before.

This realization genuinely upsets me a little.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeh but what if they're wearing it as a cape on Australia Day along with thongs and a bunnings sombrero? That makes it super okay, right?

If someone did this in any other Western nation everyone would find it hilarious in a good way and you'll be invited to parties for the rest of your life (but also typecast yourself into having to be "that guy" or everyone else will be disappointed)

Wear a national flag as a shoulder patch and it's definitely a red flag

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

lmfao I thought you added a hitler painting in the background but that is in the original image

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

ProperCauldron posted:

I'm in awe of this. Just, how?

Search these very forums circa 2005 for a thousand posts about the brilliant affable GWB keeping us safe. There was talk of "He did such a great job, we need to change the rules and give him a third term" a la Michael Bloomberg

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2958893

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

IBroughttheFunk posted:

What the hell, how have I literally never realized that before.

This realization genuinely upsets me a little.

I think I’m just from the alternate universe where he had no such thing but slipped into this hosed up reality by mistake. I’ve got to find the portal back to the good timeline.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

The turtle moves.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Biden making GBS threads on Graham’s disgustingly opportunistic rear end is deeeee-lightful.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This hearing is really, really funny to watch live and I rarely say that about C-Span viewing

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump is their response to how they imagined "the left" saw obama.
we treated obama like a god because we didn't even stop to consider he might not have been born in america. so they get to treat trump like a god.
stupid lefty loonies didn't even take the guy who says he had sex with obama seriously so trump gets some treason, to make things equal.
they won't drop trump no matter what because we refused to believe them that obama was an illegal foriegn muslim traitor gay secret alien agent.

it's only fair.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

MrMojok posted:

This hearing is really, really funny to watch live and I rarely say that about C-Span viewing

That one knob did say that conservatives are getting better at comedy...

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

B-Rock452 posted:

Is she the one that wrote the article about being friends with Richard Spencer and her reason behind being friends with him was "because of my pacifism I cannot refuse a friendship" cause holy poo poo that was infuriating. loving losers

from a while back. yes pretty sure this was her

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fabulousity posted:

That one knob did say that conservatives are getting better at comedy...

I'm terrified that if I go and look for that tweet, if it's even still up, the date on it's gonna be like 2013 or something.

fake edit: 2018, still not great though

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

weird, the paints and supplies themselves look like a trompe-l'œil painting

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it was the investigation into biden improperly retaining classified documents after his time as vice president. the investigation determined that no criminal charges were warranted, but hurr included in his report something to the effect that if charges were brought, the jury would be sympathetic because biden comes off as an amiable, confused old man

i haven't bothered to read enough of the transcript to know why they touched on beau's date of death in the interview

Ah okay. Thanks, I was like.. why would Biden be speaking to these dudes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BigglesSWE posted:

Biden making GBS threads on Graham’s disgustingly opportunistic rear end is deeeee-lightful.
There's some other great stuff that was posted in the d&d thread:

zoux posted:

Also he's literally Diamond Joe

quote:

At times during the interview, according to the transcript, the president made noises like a car.

Once, it was while lamenting that he could drive his vintage Chevrolet Corvette only the length of his driveway. The other time was during a lengthy exchange over the torque of electric vehicles.

“By the way, you know how it works?” Biden asked Hur. “It’s really cool.”

Hur remarked, “Sir, I’d love — I would love, love to hear much more about this, but I do have a few more questions to get through.”

“You step your foot on the accelerator all the way down until it gets about six, seven grand,” Biden continued. “Then all the sudden it will say ‘launch.’ All you do is take your foot off the brake.”

The transcript then indicates “(Makes car sound)” as well as “(Laughter).”

“It’s on my bucket list,” Hur responded, before turning to questions regarding classified documents that had been discovered at the Penn Biden Center.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Haverchuck posted:

weird, the paints and supplies themselves look like a trompe-l'œil painting

Ah, a Trump de Oil

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024

mobby_6kl posted:

There's some other great stuff that was posted in the d&d thread:

Diamond Joe baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fools Infinite posted:

lmfao I thought you added a hitler painting in the background but that is in the original image

lol yeah I didn't even notice all the Hitler paintings in the background. Maybe more than one. Maybe one Hitler skeleton.