Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Alaois posted:

It feels like a quest that was written by a guy who broke into the CDPR office one day and they couldnt get him to leave

He's a goon iirc, so def possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gon has learned how to use Nen.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Alaois posted:

It feels like a quest that was written by a guy who broke into the CDPR office one day and they couldnt get him to leave

My assumption is that that’s how all hires work there.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

you should play the much better game about being a lovely cop, sleeping dogs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Xenoblade kicks rear end. At least 1 and 2 do, I've had 3 for quite a while and haven't gotten around to it yet

it's the best one

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the insane climax reveal stuff in 2 was hype as hell but XBC3s stuff is way more consistently good even if I think the last boss kind of was annoying. Never played the mini expansion they released though....

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I like XB 2 because it seems like the mechanics were thought up by a crazy person, but it still sort of works.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

3 is the best for a lot of reasons, like revealing Rex grew up to become the biggest chad in the universe(s)

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

3 is the best for a lot of reasons, like revealing Rex grew up to become the biggest chad in the universe(s)

poo poo. I knew they were going to tie them together though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Voxx posted:

they added titty cards in witcher one so they could say it was a mature rpg

you gotta put a crucifiction in your future dystopia game if you want to be taken seriously

I'll update the Wikipedia article about crucifixion to mention when it happens in JRPGs.

Anyone else remember that legend?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Alaois posted:

To be fair, Elon apparently had a flintlock pistol.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

I like XB 2 because it seems like the mechanics were thought up by a crazy person, but it still sort of works.

It really needs to be said the combat system doesn't even give you all the tools until like 1/3rd of the way through the game much less needing the right combo of blades with the relevant abilities, and mastery of it can basically kill the endgame boss in 30 seconds.

You can progress fine through the game only using some of the special features and the game really tries to cue you in to the special effects via the combat animations and battle cries.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's the best one

I really need to play it… but I also need to finish the XBC1 epilogue they added in the Switch version. There are too many games and not enough time…

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I was on a train the other day and the young woman next to me played FFV emulated on her laptop. Reminded me how I played through it on an emulator almost 20 years ago and how it sparked my interest in JRPGs. It's $17.99 on Steam, lmao.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I really need to play it… but I also need to finish the XBC1 epilogue they added in the Switch version. There are too many games and not enough time…

you can do future connected in like an afternoon if you try tbh but yeah do that first and then play 3 because 3 owns

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I heard it wasn’t good so I just skipped it.

Edit: oh wait they added another thing I was thinking the dlc.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Paladinus posted:

I was on a train the other day and the young woman next to me played FFV emulated on her laptop. Reminded me how I played through it on an emulator almost 20 years ago and how it sparked my interest in JRPGs. It's $17.99 on Steam, lmao.

its worth the price , bitch

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

powerful

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its worth the price , bitch

Yeah, because it's free.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
jesus is real and hes bish as hell

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

you should play the much better game about being a lovely cop, sleeping dogs

goty every year

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ArfJason posted:

i still think ichiban kinda looks like eric andre

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

It was just on sale for 8.99

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
id emulate all those rereleases look hella ugly

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

lol gently caress yeah i was 100% right. theyre really one and the same

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The new remake of 1 looked great. 6 to me just looked like the PlayStation version.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I played the pixel remaster of 4 and rather liked it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ogre battle 64

it's really fuckin good and the story holds up

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Lufia 2 should really be talked about more in best-of conversations, in addition to the stuff people said upthread it's got a great story, fleshed-out characters with great personalities and stories, the whole Capsule Monster thing, a straightforward but tight battle system, and killer music.

Also block puzzles! Who doesn't love block puzzles?

man gently caress a couple of those puzzles but yeah agreed, it would be cool to see it get the HD/pixel remaster treatment

hell do the first one too and add in QOL changes like not allowing your party members to attack empty voids where an enemy used to be, holy gently caress that's annoying

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
needs crt blending. simple as.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The original Final Fantasy has a special place in my memory for the experience of first opening the box and reading through the massive manual and the big fold out map with the bestiary printed on the back. It was all so BIG and I had no concept of a role playing game before then.
Absolutely mind blowing for a young little chiller.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

The original Final Fantasy has a special place in my memory for the experience of first opening the box and reading through the massive manual and the big fold out map with the bestiary printed on the back. It was all so BIG and I had no concept of a role playing game before then.
Absolutely mind blowing for a young little chiller.

i miss game manuals.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I liked the Pixel Remasters. I know people get very angry at the font but I can't concern myself that much with kerning.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

TheMightyBoops posted:

Nintendo doesn’t really care unless you’re running the site?

I've already said too much :ninja:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i miss game manuals.

game manuals and little bits and bobs like the newspaper deus ex came with ftw

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

This picture being posted like the week of Infinite Wealth's release is so funny.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Dragon Quest foldouts were all top tier. Pictures of all the gears and monsters (RIP Toriyama), big world map, all a good size. Plus the instruction manual came with like a gamefaqs walkthrough for the few few dungeons, lol.

e:

Bicyclops has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Mar 12, 2024

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Homeworld manual was the best manual of all time

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Psycho Landlord posted:

Homeworld manual was the best manual of all time
:hmmyes:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I remember liking Phantasy Star IV as a kid but idk how well it holds up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mycot posted:

This picture being posted like the week of Infinite Wealth's release is so funny.

he's a fan