Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What would a Ridley contract look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

I imagine this is a play to get a better offer because the Jags are like out of cap space after signing Gabe Davis. Sure they could make the space, but that seems like... probably not the move you want to be making.
Doesn't look like there's a mystery team lurking either.
https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1767596552502063545?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im not going to know what RB is on what team next season

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

YES, FINALLY

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Did someone tell Ridley which team Mac Jones is on as of a couple days ago. I feel like this is pertinent to his decision

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

fyallm posted:

Did i miss all the cowboys signings when it was announced they were going all in?

Bueller?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Intruder posted:

I like RBs who haven't broken a woman's face with a punch

Ahh, gently caress, I didn’t know he was an abuser too.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Blind Pineapple posted:

Ahh, gently caress, I didn’t know he was an abuser too.

Mixon was in fact an abuser coming out of college and the Bengals took him high anyway.

No ethical consumption of football, etc.

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Did someone tell Ridley which team Mac Jones is on as of a couple days ago. I feel like this is pertinent to his decision

he hasn't actually been traded yet

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767610432796103145?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

/sigh

/deep breath

“gently caress the Steelers.”

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Oh man, gently caress that. Hopefully he carries the losing streak against Pittsburgh we maintained his entire career in Baltimore. He's a real good player though. Here's hoping Pittsburgh asks him to do too much and he returns to his early career bad play.

Nov 6, 2002

Doesn't sound good.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767590727620370907?t=1Af2HSCe2RF0J_H2P-4Qrw&s=19

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Lmao whatever

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767612154180481275?t=8Wvpy1SWXSvpusyfqnSLZg&s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Feels weird that both the Eagles and Ravens, two teams lauded for analytics decision making a lot of the time, spent big on old running backs.

market inefficiency

Also these really aren't big contracts.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

he hasn't actually been traded yet

Ok fine I guess it can’t technically process til tomorrow Mr. Well Actually :colbert:

Mac better not slip in the shower tomorrow morning getting ready for his physical

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Woozie66 posted:

Mixon was in fact an abuser coming out of college and the Bengals took him high anyway.

No ethical consumption of football, etc.

Wasnt Mixon's thing a bar fight?

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Ok fine I guess it can’t technically process til tomorrow Mr. Well Actually :colbert:

Mac better not slip in the shower tomorrow morning getting ready for his physical

It shouldn't matter but I wonder if the Ridley situation is going to hold up that trade because the loser will feel butthurt.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tyrod and Lock. Can Danny Dimes be cut without a silly amount of dead cap?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Not this year. Next year would be a big number (IIRC in the low 20 millions?) but doable.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No. He called a guy at picklemans the f word, the guys female friend called mixon the n word, and mixon clocked her so hard she bashed her face on a table on her way down. Dude loving sucks

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Tyrod left for the Jets. If we cut anyone it'll be Cutlets

Jones is gone at years end and I assume a QB is in play for the draft

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No, I think he was at a coffee shop or something.

The woman said something and pushed/tried to slap him, and he knocked her the gently caress out. It's pretty brutal.

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 12, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol Devin White not even getting a sniff so far.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tyrod is on the Jets now fwiw

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/1767329817093902582?t=bsAhqEOplGrDJk4nqsmtjQ&s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bismack Billabongo posted:

No. He called a guy at picklemans the f word, the guys female friend called mixon the n word, and mixon clocked her so hard she bashed her face on a table on her way down. Dude loving sucks

Yeah. gently caress Joe Mixon forever. He and Tyreek really prove there are no consequences if you can ball.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Sad to see Edwards go but happy to see Henry in and reviving the old Ravens tradition of signing former Titans rivals. For whatever reason the Ravens would never use Edwards as an RB1, maybe that will change with Henry. Both the big playoff losses we just wouldn't use Gus as a featured back. Even if Henry has declined he should still be difficult to deal with thanks to Lamar. And if Mitchell can get back up to speed that will be a hell of a trio for teams to deal with.

Can't believe Queen went to Pittsburgh. Well I hope for their sake he's better as a featured middle guy than he was here before Roquan showed up. He was on his way to being one of the most disappointing non-WR firsts we've ever had. But maybe he's improved.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Febreeze posted:

Tyrod left for the Jets. If we cut anyone it'll be Cutlets

Jones is gone at years end and I assume a QB is in play for the draft
He has both an injury guarantee and a history of injuries. Rookie QB, Lock as backup/mentor, Jones warming the bench to avoid any extra dead money in '25...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

lol Devin White not even getting a sniff so far.

He's talking to the Raiders

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It shouldn't matter but I wonder if the Ridley situation is going to hold up that trade because the loser will feel butthurt.
Apparently the Jaguars trade compensation to the Falcons goes up to a 3rd if they sign Ridley to an extension prior to Wednesday, so if that's what he's planning, he's not doing it until tomorrow.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Go Ravens indeed. I just don't know that Henry has the acceleration to make edge rushers pay for targeting Lamar on those options runs.

I don't think the edge rushers who can get an arm on Henry, because he's a tick slower, are going to be able to actually do anything to bring him down. Opens up a lot of playaction possibilities with stacked boxes trying to stop both Henry and Lamar running too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1767623143613505689

All the best, Gerald

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Tyrod is on the Jets now fwiw

Doh. I can't keep the crappy NY teams straight, as well as my own crappy team.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Derrick Henry and Keaton Mitchell will be an insanely good Thunder/Lightning RB combo, like all time great, if they both can be near the best versions of themselves. With age and injury that is a skyscraper sized "if".

Really really hope Jadeveon Clowney can somehow return to Baltimore. He deserves a 10 mil APY contract coming off last year, but the old pass rusher market has been garbage the past few years.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MakaVillian posted:

I don't think the edge rushers who can get an arm on Henry, because he's a tick slower, are going to be able to actually do anything to bring him down. Opens up a lot of playaction possibilities with stacked boxes trying to stop both Henry and Lamar running too.

Historically this hasn't been true. Henry has a lot of carries for -2 or -3. When a defender can get to him before he gets momentum they can usually hold him up long enough for the defense to dog pile him. Henry lines up deep so often to get that build up speed.

It will be very interesting to see how he looks in a Baltimore offense.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Derrick Henry and Keaton Mitchell will be an insanely good Thunder/Lightning RB combo, like all time great, if they both can be near the best versions of themselves. With age and injury that is a skyscraper sized "if".

Really really hope Jadeveon Clowney can somehow return to Baltimore. He deserves a 10 mil APY contract coming off last year, but the old pass rusher market has been garbage the past few years.

Don't forget Dobbins, that is really a disgusting RB room.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He’s lost his topend speed but our oline hosed him the last two seasons, he was getting drilled behind the line a ton.

He is, generally speaking, not a great pass catcher. Him being on the field telegraphs your intentions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Patrick Queen and Geno Stone with the low blows, smh