Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They must not be very good lawyers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is there no stopping George Bush crashing planes into things?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

Is there no stopping George Bush crashing planes into things?

man you think that's bad you should see all the crashes dotted around the John McCain international airport. It's like a god drat plane graveyard for miles around.

Good place to go for free airplane seats thou. Slightly used.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd

Alec Lace is some sort of podcaster I've never heard of before but check out the take by your 3rd-place (?) presidential candidate holy poo poo

E: there's legit criticism of the movie making nazism look cool but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with these amazing takes

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 11, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also it’s about a neo Nazi becoming woke

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the fictional school program in the movie is literally about a racist becoming aware of the harms of racism though learning to see it in society. That's the original definition of woke before it meant "thing I don't like."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Muppet on muppet violence

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

TIL I learned Jordan Peterson actually hates Elmo in a way that definitely normal and not at all strange

in researching this, (if googling while saying "no really what the gently caress" counts as research), I discovered that the jorp subreddit shares this opinion because elmo is "infantilized" and "puerile"

:psyduck:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I will not stand for infantilization in this children's show that is telling me what letters are and how to sing along.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jorpers are very proud that they are mature enough to have graduated from the Sesame Street to the Muppets, and they WILL let you know

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
when i became a man, i put away my childish things. and by put away i mean i start twitter beefs with them

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

The man calls the waiter complaining there is a fly in his soup. He wears the signifiers of masculinity: Facial hair, baldness, a suit and tie. He has detected that there is an affront to order, the masculine ideal, and he is compelled to correct it. But the waiter is revealed to be Grover, embodying the chaotic feminine,

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 12, 2024

Erasable Penis
Aug 7, 2013
Wrong topic

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Squamish are building high-density, high-rise towers in Vancouver because they aren't subject to the city's zoning laws and well, the white people don't like it:

https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1767627575520645376

quote:

On Vancouver’s west side, the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations—through a joint partnership called MST Development Corp.—are planning a 12-tower development called the Heather Lands. In 2022, city councillor Colleen Hardwick said of that project, “How do you reconcile Indigenous ways of being with 18-storey high-rises?” (Hardwick, it goes without saying, is not Indigenous.)

I cannot fathom asking an actual native American that question to their face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Well, we don't have enough acreage for an 18-story-tall igloo, so this was the next best thing"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

zoux posted:

Squamish are building high-density, high-rise towers in Vancouver because they aren't subject to the city's zoning laws and well, the white people don't like it:

"Shouldn't you be wearing skins and furs while you walk around communing with nature all mystical and inscutible like? I assume that's what you people do"

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

quote:

“How do you reconcile Indigenous ways of being with 18-storey high-rises?”

Oh, so now they care about reconciliation?

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1767627575520645376

Presumably this is because you aren't a raging rear end in a top hat and also you have a healthy sense of self preservation. I work with Indigenous people and there are plenty of them that would probably just straight up punch you (justifiably) if you said that to their face. Shockingly, they're still pretty pissed off about all the genocide.

Anyhow, let me just spend 30 seconds pulling up the Wikipedia article on the Squamish people....

Wikipedia posted:

Each longhouse was a community in itself, with a number of related families living in the same home. The number of families varied with the size of the house.

Sounds like high density housing is perfectly aligned with their historical culture. Past that, it's just a matter of scale. I know, the racist rear end in a top hat was just being racist and doesn't give a poo poo about his actual argument.

impossiboobs posted:

:drat:

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

to him the "indigenous way of things" is literally primitive and nonevolving, natives to him exist as some kind of whimsical curiosity from the past

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Staluigi posted:

to him the "indigenous way of things" is literally primitive and nonevolving, natives to him exist as some kind of whimsical curiosity from the past

Makes perfect sense, the task of a conservative is to stand athwart history yelling "stop", where history is defined as the imagined 1950's (roughly) that never actually existed. And even portrayals of indigenous folks from the 50's intended to be positive are... Well.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

impossiboobs posted:

:thurman:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1767560860711493850

This dude is so full of himself.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Talcum X

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
hold my beer I'm about to see the light of Islam

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
His story is that his mom is white, the guy listed as his father on his birth certificate is white, and he looks hella white himself but supposedly his real secret father is a very (very, very) light skinned black man, and he’s parlayed that into being a shitlib grifter? Do I have that right?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

lmao holy poo poo

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

lmao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao :pusheen:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Ayyyy

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

:boom:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/thelgbgroup/status/1767892711934198181

Lady Gaga is probably a top ten pro-trans rights celeb, who the gently caress did you think she was? She somewhat famously refused to answer the "have you got a penis" conspiracy theory with "so what if I have?" Be like getting mad at Jane Fonda for supporting peace causes.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/thelgbgroup/status/1767892711934198181

Lady Gaga is probably a top ten pro-trans rights celeb, who the gently caress did you think she was? She somewhat famously refused to answer the "have you got a penis" conspiracy theory with "so what if I have?" Be like getting mad at Jane Fonda for supporting peace causes.

that poster is first against the wall regardless of who wins

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the lengths people will go to segment an outgroup for them to dehumanize is astounding

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Calls it once in a lifetime, clearly demonstrates it was twice in a lifetime :v:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

reignonyourparade posted:

Calls it once in a lifetime, clearly demonstrates it was twice in a lifetime :v:

What if they were born in 2018? I will not stand for kindergarten erasure!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It's not total all over the globe

NASA posted:

TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE: all of the Sun is hidden or eclipsed by the Moon. When the Moon's dark umbral shadow sweeps across Earth's surface, then a total eclipse of the Sun is seen. The track of the Moon's shadow across Earth's surface is called the Path of Totality. It is typically 10,000 miles long but only 100 miles or so wide. In order to observe the Sun totally eclipsed by the Moon, you must be in the path of totality. The total phase of a solar eclipse is very brief. It rarely lasts more than several minutes. However, these few short minutes provide one of the most amazing views one could ever see: the dramatic view of the Sun's corona!

That said, it doesn't necessarily make it a once-in-a-lifetime thing for everybody who bothers printing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

for most people not willing to drive two thousand miles once every few decades, yes, this will be once-in-a-lifetime. if my passport clears in time i'm hoping to do some fun stuff