Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

that's not spoiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Might be for someone. :shrug:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Danakir posted:

I doubt Mihoyo will ever allow the Trailblazer to have an explicitly romantic relationship with anyone, so I'm not sure how much of a real consideration that is going to be. They're more likely going to keep it ambiguous with Firefly, despite all the flirting.

Firefly very much has the vibe of "love interest the shonen MC meets in an original movie and promptly forgets about once the movie's over," so that tracks with me.

Bad Video Games posted:

Real spoiler:

Firefly is Sam.

That's the going rumor.

that's hot

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1767762835495440773

Holy loving poo poo

I didn't expect him to be this early though

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yeehaw

e: he's a cyborg? very cool

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Huh. I thought Sam was supposed to be in 2.2.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

We thought Sam was supposed to be in 2.1 too

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Bad Video Games posted:

Real spoiler:

Firefly is Sam.

That's the going rumor.

The funniest thing is that this got called ridiculously early in the game's life because someone made the connection Sam=Samus

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

FractalSandwich posted:

Huh. I thought Sam was supposed to be in 2.2.

That's how you know leakers are full of poo poo half the time and are just making Educated Guesses for clout

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Holy loving poo poo

This is my first time seeing this guy... he looks very "joker p5". I guess I'll roll for him

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ughhh I want to collect him, but the very last thing I need is another Hunt or another physical

gah

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

someone awful. posted:

ughhh I want to collect him, but the very last thing I need is another Hunt or another physical

gah

Depending on how he is I can just put the relics I've already levelled for Sushang onto him. So that's neat.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I am really happy to have at least a banner between Robin and Sam.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Depending on how he is I can just put the relics I've already levelled for Sushang onto him. So that's neat.

His kit description is still very vague but he's supposedly gonna be a Break-focused character.

His skill triggers a standoff with a targeted enemy; if the enemy is killed or broken before they move, he gets an ATK buff and a "bullet", but if the enemy attacks before then they get the buff instead. Once he gets 5 bullets his BA is enhanced and he gets an extra turn. Presumably there's gonna be a faster/more convenient way for him to accumulate bullets though, as it is it sounds slow and clunky. His Ultimate supposedly does increased Break damage and delays the enemy turn. There's also something about the Ultimate making the enemy "vulnerable to physical damage" but it's unclear if this is just a Phys RES debuff or a weakness implant.

e: Scratch that, new info just dropped (by a leaker who said Boothill's gonna be in 2.2 instead of Sam, so seems to be more reliable) that Boothill can implant Physical weakness. Which makes sense if he's got a Break gimmick.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 13, 2024

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

someone awful. posted:

gah

This, also I don't like complicated kits.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Who

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

2.2 looking like a full skip unless Luocha gets rerun. He pretty much needs to be run before or during Sam's banner.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sam's 4* LC gives a lot of self-healing; Sam might be okay-ish with other sustains if you're running it

I tossed it on Blade and never looked back, its so comfy

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

blizzardvizard posted:

Holy loving poo poo

There are a lot of people in the leaks reddit learning a valuable lesson today about why nearly every new post is tagged "questionable" until we leaks get a lot closer to present day

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 13, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

firefly being alive doesnt mean the trailblazer has a canon love interest. like ayaka in genshin is also clearly into the protag and after their big moment shes had five minutes of screentime.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Holy loving poo poo

if i knew posting enough about him was going to manifest a drip marketing jumpscare like this, i would have been done it. i skipped argenti and won’t build clara so i need a physical dps with my luka :roboluv:

do a luocha rerun and sunday drip next

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Sam's 4* LC gives a lot of self-healing; Sam might be okay-ish with other sustains if you're running it

I tossed it on Blade and never looked back, its so comfy

I'm sure Sam will be fine with most sustains, especially healers. It's just a safe bet that Luocha will get a rerun near Sam because a reactive healer is the best option for self-harm characters.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Boot Guy looks like cowboy Ashiya Douman.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
How are you going to release a gunfighter character called boothill and not give him a cowboy hat? I'd also prefer he punctuate his sentences by firing his six shooters in the air, but I get that's asking a bit too much

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

He does have a cowboy hat! It's just flown off to the side and covered by his hair in the splash art

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah his leaked model very much has the hat. Do not fear.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
thank goodness for the hat 🤠

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I wonder if he'd make sushang decent by breaking enemies fast enough for her kit to be online reliably.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

If Boothill doesn't say "Hog killin time!" Then I won't get him :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Detheros posted:

If Boothill doesn't say "Hog killin time!" Then I won't get him :colbert:

but i don't want him to scare numby :ohdear:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Is there any chance that he's a bleed effect character? He's cool and I need to collect every 5* DoT character.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Has this guy shown up literally anywhere before now? Because this is all landing as a very "who the gently caress is this" moment.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

that's every character

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Kyrosiris posted:

Has this guy shown up literally anywhere before now? Because this is all landing as a very "who the gently caress is this" moment.

Remember that he's only showing up now because Mihoyo has given up this aspect of the fight with leakers - if they didn't post this thing on twitter when they did, leakers would just throw media with him up 5 seconds after the 2.2 beta data was distributed. This way they get back a bit of control of the hype machine.

What it means in practice is he could show up in either 2.1 or 2.2's MSQ or event quests and he'd still technically be premiering before his banner shows up.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Heads up to all the Americans, in case that Tiktok bill get signed in law you guys want to stop spending money on this game on the off chance it'll wind up EOS out of the blue because it's a "national security issue"

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Mr President, we cannot allow an anime gap!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

NeonPunk posted:

Heads up to all the Americans, in case that Tiktok bill get signed in law you guys want to stop spending money on this game on the off chance it'll wind up EOS out of the blue because it's a "national security issue"

I don't know about that, but regardless, money spent in this type of game shouldn't be viewed as a long term thing anyway. There's always stronger characters or new gimmicks being released. Or maybe you'll just lose interest in the game in favor of a different one. Any value you get out of spending now is in the fun you get from spending now and having the characters now, and it should absolutely not be viewed as some kind of investment.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Probably a good idea to remember that all of these games will reach EOS someday anyway and not to spend more than you'd spend if it were a monthly subscription or something. Unless you're just super frivolous about spending hobby money in general, in which case have fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I decided I really want Topaz but only cuz she has FUA (the most fun combat tpe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Probably a good idea to remember that all of these games will reach EOS someday anyway and not to spend more than you'd spend if it were a monthly subscription or something. Unless you're just super frivolous about spending hobby money in general, in which case have fun.

As wisdom goes, meta will get powercrept, and games will EOS, but love is eternal.