Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

Had no clue what this was about, and

:shrek:

Please dont screenshot my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DIA (Detroit Institute of Art) was just voted best art museum in the US or something, so you should definitely go there when you're in town

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I also am a huge Detroit Zoo stan if you are into zoos (although the Lincoln Park one is free in Chicago).

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Judgy Fucker posted:

Had no clue what this was about, and

:shrek:

quote:

On Sunday, August 8, 2004, at 1:18 p.m.,[6] Wohl was alone in Tinsley's bus and driving to a downtown hotel when he emptied the bus' blackwater tank as it crossed the metal grates of the Kinzie Street bridge.[7]

The boat's deck was swabbed by its crew, and service was resumed for its scheduled 3 p.m. tour.[9]

:stonk:

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Talk about swabbing down the poop deck!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I had completely forgotten about that

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

drunk leprechaun posted:

Long story short I had a totally free summer, too much money, and was chasing a girl doing study abroad. So yeah. Spent 12 weeks all over southern Africa.

I hope you also got to see Majete or Liwonde when you were there. That's a pretty cool trip.

I was there back in 2017, when African Parks had just taken over Liwonde (and had only had Majete for 2-3 years) so I guess it also depends on how far back it was that you visited. Hell, if you went back far enough, you'd have been at Lengwe before they gutted it of large animals. They would have had Elephants, plentiful Nyala, and possibly even some of the big cats back in 2012ish. By 2017, all they had were Nyala (and overgrown trails). These days, who even knows.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Spacebump posted:

Primarily Denver. The best Mexican food in Colorado pales in comparison to something one could find in Metairie, Louisiana. There just isn't enough spice or flavor.

Taco Unico on S Sheridan Blvd. Legit street tacos, posole, tortas, their green salsa is legit with the spice depth.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Made ramen and added some of the pork butt I made last weekend and it’s amazing

Hell yeah. (Rocky) top ramen

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Made ramen and added some of the pork butt I made last weekend and it’s amazing

We used to have a restaurant in Charleston (Two Boroughs Larder for the real ones) that had in-house ramen bowls with pulled pork confit and house made kimchi and noodles, and I’m still sad 8yrs later that the chef decided to close up and move on from F&B. One of the best to do it.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Jeremor posted:

gently caress it, it's the off-season thread

Planning a trip to Detroit and Chicago later this year and wondered if there were a few things we should definitely go see? My wife is vegetarian, so some inclusive food places would be awesome. I trust the ncaa thread on food.

in detroit, brooklyn st local for vegetarian friendly breakfast/brunch

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm at the Big Ten wrestling championship at the University of Maryland today and it's gotta be 50% Penn State fans

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
They love the rhythmic slapping

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Penn State wrestling is like if Saban's run at Alabama was 300% more dominant over every other team

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://x.com/chrisvannini/status/1767302127305588861?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/skipfoster/status/1767654061090750972

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
So does FSU have to pay their share of the ACC’s legal fees as well

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Need a smugbig10 emoji

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Adun posted:

So does FSU have to pay their share of the ACC’s legal fees as well

Don't worry the Saudi's will cover it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/petethamel/status/1767940264398582174?s=46

very interesting

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vertical Lime posted:

very interesting

Michigan insider Twitter was all like "lol you're never gonna believe the poo poo Moore is about to pull" and it's indeed pretty funny. Can't exactly figure out why he's leaving tOSU, but lol nonetheless.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CoachLouHoltz88/status/1767913737313218641?t=U0siZv6yO6UapKMwL8eVig&s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Michigan insider Twitter was all like "lol you're never gonna believe the poo poo Moore is about to pull" and it's indeed pretty funny. Can't exactly figure out why he's leaving tOSU, but lol nonetheless.

He's been one foot out the door for a while now. Day wouldn't offer him an extension because he keeps getting cucked on signing day every single year. I've heard he doesn't like Chip Kelly at all. A lot of people around town were shocked Alford didn't get let go during the staff purge/find something else sooner. OSU beat guys are saying it's purely spite at this point with having been passed by Hartline and Kelly in the offensive hierarchy and not being offered an extension like the other offensive assistants.

OSU is interested in Gillespie and word is he wants out of Bama with Saban gone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A fun reminder that him and Mark May had a YouTube channel that failed hilariously

Like ... 40 views on this video levels of failure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuAbI9aCp00

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Truther Vandross posted:

He's been one foot out the door for a while now. Day wouldn't offer him an extension because he keeps getting cucked on signing day every single year. I've heard he doesn't like Chip Kelly at all. A lot of people around town were shocked Alford didn't get let go during the staff purge/find something else sooner. OSU beat guys are saying it's purely spite at this point with having been passed by Hartline and Kelly in the offensive hierarchy and not being offered an extension like the other offensive assistants.

OSU is interested in Gillespie and word is he wants out of Bama with Saban gone.

Especially last year it also seemed like unless Henderson was on the field the run game was pretty eh except for like one game (I think Purdue) where it was all Dallen Hayden and WR Xavier Johnson filling in.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

Especially last year it also seemed like unless Henderson was on the field the run game was pretty eh except for like one game (I think Purdue) where it was all Dallen Hayden and WR Xavier Johnson filling in.

A good bit of that is the line being rear end, so I wouldn't blame it all on Alford. But his RB rotations have been questionable for a few years now and Hayden was criminally underused. There's still zero excuse for Hayden going off against Maryland and Purdue in 2022 and then getting 2 carries against Michigan when Miyan/Tre were both still battling injuries.

I think a motivated Alford is still a good coach but he's been half checked out in Columbus for at least 2 years now.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 13, 2024

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

PostNouveau posted:

A fun reminder that him and Mark May had a YouTube channel that failed hilariously

Like ... 40 views on this video levels of failure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuAbI9aCp00

I'm not about to make it 41

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Gross chud poo poo I’m sure

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

Nebraska’s Trev Alberts has been targeted by Texas A&M as its next athletic director, and he is expected to accept the position, a source with knowledge of the negotiations and the hiring process confirmed to the The Athletic.

Ok

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Gross chud poo poo I’m sure

We mutht thecure the exithtenthe of our people and a future for white thildren

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Enjoy your Matt Rhule, A&M

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

D-d-d-double post

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Judgy Fucker posted:

We mutht thecure the exithtenthe of our people and a future for white thildren

I’m too online bc I laughed way too hard at this

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
My son was super psyched about the new game having heard me say I used to love the old NCAA football game in relation to Madden. Then he learned it’s only coming out on PS5 and all we have is a PS4. What a pain.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

JGdmn posted:

My son was super psyched about the new game having heard me say I used to love the old NCAA football game in relation to Madden. Then he learned it’s only coming out on PS5 and all we have is a PS4. What a pain.

looks like ya boy is getting a PS5 for birthday/christmas/flag day/whatever

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I broke the news to my wife yesterday that we’re gonna have to buy a PS5 and she was not pleased about that price tag

Edit: AND tomorrow is my birthday so I’m not sure what the issue is

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It's coming out on PC, right? It would be nice if I can justify my PC tinkering habits to my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

JGdmn posted:

Seaniqua posted:

I broke the news to my wife yesterday that we’re gonna have to buy a PS5 and she was not pleased about that price tag

Edit: AND tomorrow is my birthday so I’m not sure what the issue is

Walmart and GameStop have the PS5 bundles including Spider-Man 2 for $50 off. Regular price is $500 for disc model, $450 for digital model, and the sale prices are $450 for disc model, and $400 for digital model. Additionally, GameStop has an extra $25 off for in-store or pickup purchases of more than $250, bringing the discount up to $75 for each model.

Walmart:
Disc: https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-5-Disc-Console-Slim-Marvel-s-Spider-Man-2-Bundle/5113183758
Digital: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/5395472295

GameStop:
Disc: https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-h...dle/402303.html
Digital: https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-h...dle/404824.html