Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
al_soccer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

yeah, I always thought al saqr was paul soccer because it rhymes

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

paul soccer became a spokesman for ansar allah

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Owlbear Camus posted:

it was said that his posting would be too strong but no ban could forever kill it.

lisan al-gaib!

Paul Muad'dib Soccer

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Paul Soccer doing a Brace Belden and joining Ansarallah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just hope Paul Soccer is doing well.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I suppose this is the sticking point for me. Has anyone read The Holocaust Averted: An Alternate History of American Jewry, 1938-1967? I've been meaning to, and it seems pretty relevant. Let me preface by saying this was a very well reviewed book. I say that, because as I write this post, it seems loving crazy.

This is genuinely insane even by the standards of neo-fascist fiction. The Zionist contempt for the (especially non-American) diaspora isn't new, but this seems to be a book literally celebrating its destruction as the removal of an impediment to fascism, full stop.

A few striking things:

1) It seems like the valuation of Hasidic Jews from the ex-USSR, outside of boosting anti communist credibility, by this author is entirely based on their alienation from the rest of society and the possibility that this might generate tensions that can be exploited towards ethno-nationalist ends by secular fascists.

2) The need to repress all memory of anti-Zionist bundism is transparent to a massive degree.

3) The fact that the author doesn't even feel the need to gloss over the Suez Crisis, one of the most blatant cases of Israeli imperial aggression in conjunction with European imperial interests, actually managed to take me by surprise.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Reg date march 12 2024

*long rear end post about how the jews deserved to own palestine for 5000 years and israel is necessary to protect World Jewry [sic]*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Imagine writing a book where the Holocaust never happened and describing it as dark and dystopian.

I can't remember who wrote about it but they basically argued that American Jews became accepted post-ww2 when they abandoned left-wing politics and started adopting the fake stiff upper limit with respect to suffering and hardship of middle class WASPs

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Incredible that the power of hasbara has forced d&d posters to take a single position that isn't loving terrible

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Tankbuster posted:

Its not limited just to american jews. American literati have had a terminal main protagonist syndrome because every moment since 1812 to 1991 has been the united states striding across the world reshaping things into it's own image. In such a world the holocaust liquidating jewish people in europe is good because that paid the blood tax for american jews to be finally integrated into the crème de la crème of american society.

It's just... so nonchalant, you know?

I thought a well-reviewed book wondering "what if the Holocaust that never happened" would be hopeful. You know, talk about the eventual integration of the European and North American Jewry. The lesson would be "and we can still build a future where there's no question of dual loyalty or Jewish particularism". "The Holocaust happened but we can still achieve what many Jewish and gentile liberals of the 19th and 20th century envisioned".

Instead, it's positioned as a "dark and dystopian" scenario if that happened instead of the loving Holocaust.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ef-fbff14c50000
Israel Changes Its Policy on Supplies to Gaza, Intends to 'Flood' Aid In, IDF Says

quote:

The Israel Defense Forces is planning to "flood" Gaza with supplies, spokesperson, Rear-Admiral Daniel Hagari said in a briefing to foreign reporters on Wednesday.

The decision comes after intense international pressure on the Netanyahu government, including stern admonishments in Washington and London to visiting minister Benny Gantz, who was told that Israel needs to do much more to alleviate the hunger in the Gaza Strip.

In a briefing to foreign media on Wednesday evening, Hagari said that the IDF is working on opening up multiple routes to Gaza by land, sea and air. "We are now trying to flood the area with supplies," he said.

Among the routes being planned is the floating pier of Gaza's coast that U.S. President Joe Biden announced on Thursday in his State of the Union address.

According to Hagari, a team of experts from the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) is scheduled to arrive in Israel over the next few days to discuss with the IDF how to carry out this project. Since the U.S. is not planning to have boots on the ground in Gaza, Israel will provide the security for the pier and the supplies arriving at it and will maintain a secure corridor for their distribution in the northern sector of the Gaza Strip.

The U.S. military expects the floating pier to take as long as two months to build, but another sea route is already in operation. The World Central Kitchen has launched from Cyprus a tugboat carrying supplies meant for Gaza. According to Hagari this is "a pilot" which has been "fully coordinated" with Israel.

Another new route, this time by land, was used for the first time on Tuesday night, as the IDF allowed a convoy of six trucks, carrying food bought by private contractors in Gaza, through Route 96, a new road built by the IDF south of Gaza City.

Hagari added that Israel will continue to coordinating air-drops of supplies to Gaza by the U.S., Jordan and other countries, of which there have already been 30 in recent weeks.
i definitely believe them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the supplies are dropped in the form of bombs from IDF warplanes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
egypts army are dickless coward traitors. they are such cucked zionst dick suckers they wont even open rafah. there is no fixing that regime, only killing all of the officers will do.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Israel Changes Its Policy on Supplies to Gaza, Intends to 'Flood' Aid In, IDF Says

Surely this time they arent going to fire on the people trying to get the aid

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Al-Saqr posted:

you fools i am paul_soccer i literally have the same number of syllables

makes u think

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

egypts army are dickless coward traitors. they are such cucked zionst dick suckers they wont even open rafah. there is no fixing that regime, only killing all of the officers will do.

It's extremely disappointing how much the leadership in Arab countries sucks so much. If they are concerned about U.S. intervening, then I really do not know why. We are not able to defend Israel, if there was a large scale invasion of Israel, we would be unable to stop it.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Elias_Maluco posted:

Surely this time they arent going to fire on the people trying to get the aid

They gonna flood aid in on starving people and when they rush for it they'll open fire and say they were rioting.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I said come in! posted:

It's extremely disappointing how much the leadership in Arab countries sucks so much. If they are concerned about U.S. intervening, then I really do not know why. We are not able to defend Israel, if there was a large scale invasion of Israel, we would be unable to stop it.

their ruling classes depend on the west to maintain power over their populations.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Easy Rider posted:

1) It seems like the valuation of Hasidic Jews from the ex-USSR, outside of boosting anti communist credibility, by this author is entirely based on their alienation from the rest of society and the possibility that this might generate tensions that can be exploited towards ethno-nationalist ends by secular fascists.

I'll include the full text of that passage to see if you can make sense of it, because it was genuinely disorientating to read and as you said seemed to revel in tension and anticommunism.

“foreign Orthodox” Jews posted:

The continuing decline of my mid-century American Jewry was not altered substantially through the influx of new immigration. Close to nine million Jews remained behind a Soviet Iron Curtain in Eastern Europe. Some 50,000 “foreign Orthodox” Jews, as they were dubbed, who hailed from Polish Hasidic enclaves or devout Lithuanian communities, were among the most noticeable fortunate ones who escaped Soviet domination and made it to American shores. While its first generation demonstrated an acute fidelity to the old ways, the children of these immigrants began to fall away from the intensity of their parents’ commitment. Intergeneration tensions roiled families. They lacked the numbers of adherents and the leadership of uncommonly charismatic leaders to build fully insulated enclaves. While their Orthodox communities had not reached proverbial dead ends in the 1960s, their future—comfortably isolated from American ways—was seriously in doubt.

Additional “foreign Orthodox” Jews would have entered the United States had discriminatory national origins ordinances been removed. But in an America where nativism was still powerful, Congress showed little interest in changing the laws. The entrenched leadership of American Jewry was not anxious to push against closed doors on behalf of these Jews whose presence embarrassed and worried them. There was also no momentum in the community for protesting on behalf of the Jews who were billeted under Soviet domination in Russia and Poland. Cautious American Jews passed on the problems of their brethren, even if their fellow citizens would have hardly raised an eyebrow if Jews spoke out against communist oppression. Basic to their silence was the loss of kinship with other Jews a half-century or more after their ancestors migrated from these same Eastern European lands. There even was some fear expressed in private circles that a new wave of indigent, unacculturated Jews would tax local philanthropies. And would these newcomers remind Americans of what Jews looked like generations earlier? This is my sad story of a community in steep decline.

Meanwhile, notwithstanding Soviet restrictions on emigration and America’s harsh national origins quotas, limited numbers of highly reli- gious newcomers from Poland and Lithuania arrived in this country in the 1950s. Neither the president nor Congress heard much from a disengaged American Jewry about the plight of “Jews under Communism.” Nor did the best-known Jewish leaders of the time show much interest in campaigning to have America widen its gates for a breed that assiduously disdained integration. Many of these newcomers hoped for the day when they might return to their yeshiva or Hasidic worlds that still were very much alive in Eastern Europe. If they got the chance—and had the money—these Orthodox immigrants were far and away the contingent of Jews in America most interested in visiting brother communities on “the other side.” At the time, these newcomers lived in their urban enclaves and made every effort not to interact with gentiles—or, for that matter, with other less devout Jews. However, there was trouble on the horizon within their camp as well. Emulating the careers and life paths of Orthodox Jews who came to the United States decades earlier, their children who were growing up in the United States were evidencing affinities for compromises with American goals and values. These religious communities lacked both criti- cal masses of adherents to ensure continuity and powerful, charismatic leaders to show the faithful how to avoid pressures to Americanize.

I am also... concerned with this other passage where he praises the Orthodox in comparison to the rest of American Jews

Guess Who's Coming to Seder posted:

The 1950s was a decade of sustained challenge, opportunity, and competition between Orthodox and Conservative Jewish leaders for followers among suburban Jews. Following the American ethos of the time, Jews, like Christians, repaired in great numbers to what the National Conference of Christians and Jews referred to on billboards and in printed advertisements as “the house of worship of your choice.” Moreover, with their children integrating so well and comfortably with local Christian youngsters—although the problem of intermarriage would not loom large for another generation—parents looked to synagogues as spaces where the next generation would feel a sense of continued affinity. But what sort of Jewish religious life would they lead?

Or

"Though not all the refugees from Germany of the 1930s or the survivors of the Holocaust or those who escaped Soviet tyranny in the 1950s were Orthodox, that movement grew in intensity of commitment with the influx of newcomers to America. Particularly within enclaves in Brooklyn, the Hasidic sects and members of the so-called yeshiva world fashioned communities that held staunchly to their old traditions. These newcomers and their children absorbed the punctilious Orthodox of the prewar era that had been identified with the Mesivta Torah Vodaath and the Yeshiva Chaim Berlin. These sectarian groups looked strongly askance at the modern strain of Americanized Orthodox Jews and were fully dismissive of nontraditional Jewish movements. In succeeding decades, these newcomers’ influence would be strongly felt within the United States."

"Jewish organizations such as the American Jewish Congress, which in prior decades had focused attention almost exclusively on combatting antisemitism, now turned their attention to promoting a healthy self- knowledge of ancestral teachings and to presenting Jewish issues on campuses. Among AJ Congress initiatives was the American-Israel Dialogue and, more important, sponsorship of trips to the Jewish state. A personal connection to Israel and Zionism was deemed highly significant in maintaining the next generation’s Jewish identity. Yet, as the 1960s ended, the next generations of Jewish leaders, in an increasingly tolerant Diaspora, would still have to face up to the conundrums of preserving Diaspora Jewish life under a condition of unparalleled freedom."

It's like he's loving upset that the diaspora became more tolerant!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

legit despise these freaks

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I said come in! posted:

They are much, much more preoccupied with keeping an iron grip on power, and the west as a guarantor of that ability, and only have the brains to go about it in extractionist despot methods.

Just imagine them exactly in the way Al-saqr describes and their actions start to make sense.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Mar 13, 2024

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

HallelujahLee posted:

paul soccer became a spokesman for ansar allah

A true Ramadan miracle

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Speaking of bad PR from sociopaths:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/13/samantha-power-israel-netanyahu-gaza-international-law-00146790

quote:

Samantha Power, the administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development, asked Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “to improve compliance with international humanitarian law” during her visit to Israel late last month.

Power revealed the details of her conversation with Netanyahu at POLITICO’s Health Care Summit today in Washington.

“Even if Hamas doesn’t care about civilian life, and it’s proven that again and again, that doesn’t relieve the obligation of a combatant to observe those principles,” she said. “Clearly, more needs to be done.”

No details given as to what will be done to guarantee this "improved compliance", of course. Just a vague, wet noodle of a smack on the wrist for Hitler II and his Nazi regime.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Mar 13, 2024

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the IDF will now have the position of "war crime compliance officer"

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

I said come in! posted:

the us wouldn't have to intervene military to pose a threat to their arab lackeys, all of their power comes from money, the us changing who they're backing financially would kill them by itself
geopolitically they're money-powered puppets, not independent rulers

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of bad PR from sociopaths:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/13/samantha-power-israel-netanyahu-gaza-international-law-00146790

No details given as to what will be done to guarantee this "improved compliance", of course. Just a vague, wet noodle of a smack on the wrist for Hitler II and his Nazi regime.

Wasn't Power the big proponent in humanitarian "interventions"? Guess this is what she cares about now.l that we aren't talking about the Sudan or Libya.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-israeli-father-of-slain-soldier-says-biden-called-with-condolences-gave-his-phone-number/
Ruby Chen, the father of slain IDF soldier Itay Chen, whose death on October 7 was announced yesterday, says that US President Joe Biden called to express his condolences.

Chen, a US-Israel dual citizen, tells Channel 12 news that Biden “spoke to me like a father speaks to his son who has to eulogize his grandson,” noting that Biden had also experienced the death of a son, and it was a “very personal, very tough conversation.”

He says that the US president also gave him his own phone number, and urged him that “if you need to speak to someone, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call, I promise someone will get back to you.”

Asked if he had received similar calls from Israeli leaders, including the prime minister, since the death of his son was announced, Chen says only: “Allow me to skip that question.”

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I'll include the full text of that passage to see if you can make sense of it, because it was genuinely disorientating to read and as you said seemed to revel in tension and anticommunism.

I am also... concerned with this other passage where he praises the Orthodox in comparison to the rest of American Jews

Or

"Though not all the refugees from Germany of the 1930s or the survivors of the Holocaust or those who escaped Soviet tyranny in the 1950s were Orthodox, that movement grew in intensity of commitment with the influx of newcomers to America. Particularly within enclaves in Brooklyn, the Hasidic sects and members of the so-called yeshiva world fashioned communities that held staunchly to their old traditions. These newcomers and their children absorbed the punctilious Orthodox of the prewar era that had been identified with the Mesivta Torah Vodaath and the Yeshiva Chaim Berlin. These sectarian groups looked strongly askance at the modern strain of Americanized Orthodox Jews and were fully dismissive of nontraditional Jewish movements. In succeeding decades, these newcomers’ influence would be strongly felt within the United States."

"Jewish organizations such as the American Jewish Congress, which in prior decades had focused attention almost exclusively on combatting antisemitism, now turned their attention to promoting a healthy self- knowledge of ancestral teachings and to presenting Jewish issues on campuses. Among AJ Congress initiatives was the American-Israel Dialogue and, more important, sponsorship of trips to the Jewish state. A personal connection to Israel and Zionism was deemed highly significant in maintaining the next generation’s Jewish identity. Yet, as the 1960s ended, the next generations of Jewish leaders, in an increasingly tolerant Diaspora, would still have to face up to the conundrums of preserving Diaspora Jewish life under a condition of unparalleled freedom."

It's like he's loving upset that the diaspora became more tolerant!

Honestly, the only way I can read this is "in order for a Jewish fascism to succeed, we need the Hasidic Jews to heroically create ethnic tension around the diaspora by being contemptuous of and alienated from non-Jews," and that this is an unambiguous good thing on the basis of it justifying and expediting ethnic seperatism for the modern, secular, and vital fascists. This is coupled with the author's lament that the now-insufficiently fascistic American Jews of his "dystopia" are failing to fully take utilize allegations of religious persecution to further the anti-communist crusade, so this seems to be the classic post-WWII fascist apologia that positions them as the true defenders of civilization against the Bolshevik hordes. Honestly, this reads like such a disturbingly self-aware attempt at copying the "logic" of fascists and then lauding it that I'd almost suspect it was written with a far right audience in mind, but given the lengths to which liberals are going to rehabilitate fascism right now (Timothy Snyder, Anne Applebaum, and so on making the biggest strides on this front), my instincts tell me that this is another example of that effort.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Ruby Chen, the father of slain IDF soldier Itay Chen, whose death on October 7 was announced yesterday, says that US President Joe Biden called to express his condolences.

Chen, a US-Israel dual citizen, tells Channel 12 news that Biden “spoke to me like a father speaks to his son who has to eulogize his grandson,” noting that Biden had also experienced the death of a son, and it was a “very personal, very tough conversation.”

This is loving crazy.

The President of the United States is calling to consolidate the families of a foreign soldier KIA.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
What's the story with that soldier. He was killed on base during the Oct 7th retaliation but they are only finding out now?

quote:

On Saturday, October 7, Itay Chen, 19, was on active duty, part of a tank unit at the Nahal Oz army base that included three other soldiers.
The family was notified on Monday, October 9, that Chen is officially considered missing in action...
There were three other soldiers with Itay in the tank.

Did Hamas take out a tank on Oct 7th?

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 21:08 on Mar 13, 2024

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Malloc Voidstar posted:

noting that Biden had also experienced the death of a son, and it was a “very personal, very tough conversation.”

Notably one that he cannot remember the date of.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Linkedin profile of a concentration camp guard who was asleep on watch posted:

I'm a graphic & motion designer currently serving in the IDF at Hebet Unit. With a strong passion for design, I'm actively honing my skills in motion design, marketing, illustrations, and branding while proudly fulfilling my military duty. 🎨✨

During my service, I'm dedicated to continuous growth and development, believing that dedication, resilience, and a pursuit of excellence lead to remarkable outcomes. I'm building an impressive portfolio that showcases my versatility and ability to create impactful visual experiences. 🪩🕺

While immediate opportunities may not be available, I'm confident that the experience gained during my service will make me a valuable to any team.
I'm eager to connect with industry professionals, fellow creatives, and mentors, shaping the future of design together. Let's create extraordinary solutions that leave a lasting impact. 🤝🚀

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Marenghi posted:

What's the story with that soldier. He was killed on base during the Oct 7th retaliation but they are only finding out now?

The IDF finally concluded that he died rather than being taken alive thanks to some mysterious "intelligence".

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

listen jack "farts" your bozo son got whacked by vile terrorists i myself served in the army of 1712 back during the revolution

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-israeli-father-of-slain-soldier-says-biden-called-with-condolences-gave-his-phone-number/

He says that the US president also gave him his own phone number, and urged him that “if you need to speak to someone, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call, I promise someone will get back to you.”

Asked if he had received similar calls from Israeli leaders, including the prime minister, since the death of his son was announced, Chen says only: “Allow me to skip that question.”

Are you allowed to run for President of Israel if you aren't Jewish? Seems like a largely ceremonial role where all actual power is deferred to the Israeli PM and the cabinet might be a good fit for Biden.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

The IDF finally concluded that he died rather than being taken alive thanks to some mysterious "intelligence".

Oh so they found him under some rubble lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is loving crazy.

The President of the United States is calling to consolidate the families of a foreign soldier KIA.

not my president!! too busy engaging in foreign adventures

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Sancho Banana posted:

Considering he was in a tank with 3 others who are MIA. It sounds like Hamas took out a tank and Israel was trying to minimize that and deflate the amount of dead soldiers by considering them MIA if the bodies weren't recognizable.

It doesn't really match the narrative of Israel being militarily superior if a tank and its crew were taken out. It also kinda shifts the balance of the attack being competing armies rather than a slaughter of defenseless civilians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Marenghi posted:

Did Hamas take out a tank on Oct 7th?

Yeah, a video of a burning Merkava was even posted here on October 7th iirc.