Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/itay...=member_desktop

"Hold on about some sort of 'breach in the fence" and "grab your rifle" I'm busy posting an lovely youtube animation looking infographic about how we stand ready to unload our rifles into unarmed people opening doors or something"

Posted 5 months ago. Inspiring stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Did Biden call the parents of the many American children killed by Israel?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shageletic posted:

why would he do that he supports the genocide 100%

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I need to stress that one of his final acts was posting a lovely computer generated cartoon about "Israel under attack" as his base was about to be or was actively under attack.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

finally got permamently suspended from twitter after months of throwing abuse, insults, slurs and 'death to israel' and 'shut up collaborationist dog fucker' at everyone i can.

finally deleted that stupid waste of time and energy, i never want to look at it ever again. time to be a normal person with a normal intake of social media depression poison.

click the appeal link and say it was because of your political beliefs and they'll reverse it. even if the political beliefs was "just kill em all and let God sort em out"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Marenghi posted:

Considering he was in a tank with 3 others who are MIA. It sounds like Hamas took out a tank and Israel was trying to minimize that and deflate the amount of dead soldiers by considering them MIA if the bodies weren't recognizable.

It doesn't really match the narrative of Israel being militarily superior if a tank and its crew were taken out. It also kinda shifts the balance of the attack being competing armies rather than a slaughter of defenseless civilians.

could've been friendly fire too, especially with what we know about Oct 7. probably best to wait to unveil that until everyone's moved from the context to a new one and wont ask any followup questions

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Not that i'm aware of. He does like talking to other peoples children though because his only living son is a complete failure that he wants nothing to do with.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I need to stress that one of his final acts was posting a lovely computer generated cartoon about "Israel under attack" as his base was about to be or was actively under attack.

The spirit of vilerat lives on

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Posting spirit, but evil

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's just... so nonchalant, you know?

I thought a well-reviewed book wondering "what if the Holocaust that never happened" would be hopeful. You know, talk about the eventual integration of the European and North American Jewry. The lesson would be "and we can still build a future where there's no question of dual loyalty or Jewish particularism". "The Holocaust happened but we can still achieve what many Jewish and gentile liberals of the 19th and 20th century envisioned".

Instead, it's positioned as a "dark and dystopian" scenario if that happened instead of the loving Holocaust.

its not just limited to jewish people either. As more indians migrate to the west they are really beginning to care about what happens in the mother country (fascist themepark for their enjoyment). This poo poo is becoming increasingly personal because our right wing government seems to want to emulate the israeli model.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Tankbuster posted:

its not just limited to jewish people either. As more indians migrate to the west they are really beginning to care about what happens in the mother country (fascist themepark for their enjoyment). This poo poo is becoming increasingly personal because our right wing government seems to want to emulate the israeli model.

That's a very loving Big Israel

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-03-13-2024-1ecd20b754890b623f523be41591aadf

quote:

The Israeli military said Wednesday it plans to direct a significant portion of the 1.4 million displaced Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip’s southernmost town of Rafah toward “humanitarian islands” in the center of the territory ahead of its planned offensive in the area.

The fate of the people in Rafah has been a major area of concern of Israel’s allies — including the United States — and humanitarian groups, worried an offensive in the region densely crowded with so many displaced people would be a catastrophe. Rafah is also Gaza’s main entry point for desperately needed aid.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said a Rafah offensive is crucial to achieve Israel’s stated aim of destroying Hamas following the militants’ Oct. 7 attack in which about 1,200 people, mostly civilians, were killed and around 250 taken hostage and brought into Gaza. Israel’s invasion of Gaza has killed more than 31,000, according to Gaza health officials, left much of the enclave in ruins and displaced some 80% of Gaza’s 2.3 million people.

Israel’s chief military spokesman, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, said moving those in Rafah to the designated areas, which he said would be done in coordination with international actors, was a key part of the military’s preparations for its anticipated invasion of Rafah, where Israel says Hamas maintains four battalions it wants to destroy.

“We need to make sure that 1.4 million people or at least a significant amount of the 1.4 million will move. Where? To humanitarian islands that we will create with the international community,” Hagari told reporters at a briefing.

Hagari said those islands would provide temporary housing, food, water and other necessities to evacuated Palestinians. He did not say when Rafah’s evacuation would occur, nor when the Rafah offensive would begin, saying that Israel wanted the timing to be right operationally and to be coordinated with neighboring Egypt, which has said it does not want an influx of displaced Palestinians crossing its border.

The U.S. has been firm with Israel over its concerns about Rafah, and Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday that Washington had yet to receive from Israel its plans for civilians there.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Best Friends posted:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

:psyduck:

Ghetto liquidation followed by camps

I feel like I'm going crazy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Incredible that the power of hasbara has forced d&d posters to take a single position that isn't loving terrible
You can tell how stark and clear the genocide is because there's practically zero hemming and hawing about semantics and picking apart edge cases or hypotheticals for nuance, except for the revolving door of calm hitler reregs. Within the bounds of acceptable D&D discourse, those with obvious Israeli sympathies who are posting under their own name can only JAQ off in the margins about debunked atrocity propaganda.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
How do they intend to direct 1.4 million people from a city they don't control? This is just gonna be another flyer/roof knocking/blow up their house situation.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is loving crazy.

The President of the United States is calling to consolidate the families of a foreign soldier KIA.

Area man increasingly apopleptic about Jews....... and why he's not wrong.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

concentrating them in camps for easier distribution of humanitarian aid

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

bobtheconqueror posted:

How do they intend to direct 1.4 million people from a city they don't control? This is just gonna be another flyer/roof knocking/blow up their house situation.

They’re working on getting that number down

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tankbuster posted:

Serbia had something similar happen. And still has it happening.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah, the only hope for us now is that the diaspora is tiny compared to the home country.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Humanitarian islands is a loving laughable euphamism, just the worst PR-speak actively trying to rebrand concentration camps. How can you speak those words in earnest and not feel them immediately condemn your soul.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Relaxation kennels

Mindful fenced retreats

Security ringed living spaces

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mindfulness getaways

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Relief chambers

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Ghetto liquidation followed by camps

I feel like I'm going crazy

you are misreading, it very clearly calls them "humanitarian islands".

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loving Christ

I loving hate this country

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
and here I thought cspam was pro urban densification

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Delta-Wye posted:

:chloe:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

warsaw holiday camp

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

And here's the humanitarian ethnic cleansing

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I suppose this is the sticking point for me. Has anyone read The Holocaust Averted: An Alternate History of American Jewry, 1938-1967? I've been meaning to, and it seems pretty relevant. Let me preface by saying this was a very well reviewed book. I say that, because as I write this post, it seems loving crazy. I cannot imagine just coming out and saying some of the things the author does and nobody batting an eye:

What troubles me is the assumption that the popularity of Zionism is related to the vibrancy of Jewish communities in the diaspora. I'm more troubled that the murder of millions of Jews was worth it for the "acceptance and empowerment" of American Jews.

Some of the passages found at the end of chapters, titled What Really Happened, stating whatever lesson was supposed to be learned through the counterfactual are pretty disturbing. For instance, imagining a Six Day War where the US does not provide military aid for Israel and so the Egyptians and Syrians are able to hold on to Gaza, Jerusalem, the West Bank, Sinai and Golan, the author says:

If the premise of the book is that the Holocaust needed to happen for these outcomes... I mean, Christ. It's like an admission that absent the Holocaust the bolded parts are, to put it mildly, pretty hosed up in a variety of ways.

I saved the best for last, and I am genuinely struggling here:

I'm sorry, but it seems like he's saying the Holocaust was good - like seriously, it was a good thing - because it allowed the US Jewish community to lobby for Israel and to - again, I apologize, but what else can you say? - practice dual loyalty without being accused of it. That's his takeaway of the Holocaust?

He's also pretty loving disturbingly opposed to Jewish people actually becoming American. If dual loyalty is an antisemitic trope, I don't know how to square his disgust at Jewish Americans who are actually American. It appears throughout, from a quick skim, not just those passages. I skipped over the long sections praising the Jewish "refugees" from the USSR, but his praise for them seems to focus on two things: they hated communism, and they rejected mixing with the American population or adopting any American culture. That's pretty hosed up.

I don't know how representative this book is, but as I said it was very well reviewed, and if it represents even a small part of the Zionist ideology, it's some absolute sicko poo poo.

:psypop:

Imagine writing a book where the Holocaust never happened and describing it as dark and dystopian.
Those quotes are some of the burger stuff imaginable. There's no real conception that preventing the holocaust would have stopped millions of people being murdered. It's just "but how would that affect America and specifically me?"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Delta-Wye posted:

you got some typical hyprocritical tankies here constantly cheering for tank death, should have expected nothing less

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Jel Shaker posted:

warsaw holiday camp

Punk band name

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

OctaMurk posted:

you got some typical hyprocritical tankies here constantly cheering for tank death, should have expected nothing less

Tankie means fans of tanks. You like to see tanks winning and losing

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

hmhb fan posted:

Those quotes are some of the burger stuff imaginable. There's no real conception that preventing the holocaust would have stopped millions of people being murdered. It's just "but how would that affect America and specifically me?"

Right?! loving "Six million people and the destruction of the European Jewry, for all intents and purposes" vs "but if it didn't happen Jews would have assimilated in America and Israel wouldn't exist."

⚖️ :thunk:

Also, Israeli arms are loving weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Ca49ywmFE

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Best Friends posted:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Right?! loving "Six million people and the destruction of the European Jewry, for all intents and purposes" vs "but if it didn't happen Jews would have assimilated in America and Israel wouldn't exist."

⚖️ :thunk:

Also, Israeli arms are loving weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Ca49ywmFE

i thought he had gone and put a sonnenrad on his logo for a quick second then

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Delta-Wye posted:

oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Israel is often overly regarded for their weapon designs. I would go so far as to say deeply, severely regarded