Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Been playing this new Runemaster build that Allie put out and it's pretty great, once you get it up to a level where the build actually works, but my favorite part of playing a Runemaster (or really any mage) for the first time may be: "Fools. Fools!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I feel like a god amongst insects

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Been playing this new Runemaster build that Allie put out and it's pretty great, once you get it up to a level where the build actually works, but my favorite part of playing a Runemaster (or really any mage) for the first time may be: "Fools. Fools!"

I love it when he says that after incinerating a horde of beetles.

Also, he is not a man of many pockets.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sab669 posted:

Guess I specced my Paladin differently than I should've

After leveling to the 40's with Hammer Throw, it's honestly a solid skill and might be an interesting skill to build around.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I love it when he says that after incinerating a horde of beetles.

Also, he is not a man of many pockets.

Is that the same Allie that got banned from Twitch last year for stealing other players gear?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Just Another Lurker posted:

Is that the same Allie that got banned from Twitch last year for stealing other players gear?

No idea, I only know of her from a couple of very detailed build guides she's put out for this game

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Yes, it's the same Allie.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

jizzy sillage posted:

Yes, it's the same Allie.

Bummer, but if you trade with humans you can end up with a bad one form time to time. :shrug:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Vulpes posted:

It only drops from Exiled Mages, better get farming. Not common, but not super rare.

I just found out that the echo Lagonian Arena, which only shows up in 3 timelines (The Stolen Lance, Ending the Storm, and The Age of Winter), has an exiled mage spawn point for some reason. Probably a mistake. But you can see it from the player spawn point. So you can kill about 100+ exiled mages per hour if you run that echo and tp out after every kill/miss. You'll get some MAL's fast!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Lpzie posted:

I just found out that the echo Lagonian Arena, which only shows up in 3 timelines (The Stolen Lance, Ending the Storm, and The Age of Winter), has an exiled mage spawn point for some reason. Probably a mistake. But you can see it from the player spawn point. So you can kill about 100+ exiled mages per hour if you run that echo and tp out after every kill/miss. You'll get some MAL's fast!

what are the spawn chances? I've been running the LA for leveling like 10+ times and never had a Mage spawn. I do reveal entire map looking for shrines though

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Erulisse posted:

what are the spawn chances? I've been running the LA for leveling like 10+ times and never had a Mage spawn. I do reveal entire map looking for shrines though

I ran 211 echoes and killed 116 mages.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

So for Falconer, I'm assuming that when it says my bird's critical strike chance is at 7% on the character sheet, that's just for its normal melee attacks and it inherits my own crit % for the purposes of its special abilities, yes?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

So for Falconer, I'm assuming that when it says my bird's critical strike chance is at 7% on the character sheet, that's just for its normal melee attacks and it inherits my own crit % for the purposes of its special abilities, yes?

From various loading screen tips it seems likes minions inherit nothing that doesn't say "minion" in it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
downloaded a small patch and now i'm naked but i still have all my gear??

just found a bug post in their forums about this from March 2023 lol

e: now portals are invisible and can't click them as well

e2: verifying files through steam fixed this, redownloaded four things that got messed up

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 14, 2024

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Kaysette posted:

That "Invisibility Cloak" you bought... it only affects in inanimate objects. :ughh:

edit: which means your underwear is alive!!! :stonklol:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kaysette posted:

Emperor's New Clothes.jpg

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

A Moose posted:

From various loading screen tips it seems likes minions inherit nothing that doesn't say "minion" in it.

The Falconry skill has several nodes that make it inherit stats from you.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Why can't I see my cosmetics at character select?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kaysette posted:

e: now portals are invisible and can't click them as well

Fill the minimap up with portals

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Avalerion posted:

The Falconry skill has several nodes that make it inherit stats from you.

Yeah, the confusion for me is that Dive Bomb + Falconry seem to crit way more than 7% of the time, more like half or basically all the time.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
The character sheet stat only shows the general critical strike rate yeah. It doesn’t account for things like crits under certain conditions or the inherited stats or boosted crit rates for certain skills/damage types.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Doesn't the bird get a bunch of +base crit from passives? Would it inherit your multipliers to then apply to that high base rate?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It would seem to, but none of that information displays on the actual Minion tab. Even though there's no logical reason to me why it wouldn't, since its inherited crit % is all passive not conditional.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I was wondering this for my thorn totems and then remembered how necros work and realized "Oh poo poo, you'd have to show all the stats for each specific minion type" and then "Well why couldn't they show all my stats for each of my specific minion types?"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

exquisite tea posted:

It would seem to, but none of that information displays on the actual Minion tab. Even though there's no logical reason to me why it wouldn't, since its inherited crit % is all passive not conditional.

This is the most confusing part of the game for me. Like the falconer shield that will give you crazy high block chance that then converts into glancing blow chance via passives. None of that shows on the character sheet so I don't know what to believe or trust.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Well I'm at the Majasa fight in the campaign but she seems a little tough. I could probably do it with better execution but my damage and tank don't hold up well enough in the second phase to give me much room for error. And each failure sets me back several minutes. Do I just go on to monoliths (assuming I can) and come back later?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Well I'm at the Majasa fight in the campaign but she seems a little tough. I could probably do it with better execution but my damage and tank don't hold up well enough in the second phase to give me much room for error. And each failure sets me back several minutes. Do I just go on to monoliths (assuming I can) and come back later?

You certainly can. The only thing you get from beating her is +1 to all stats, which makes it worth beating her but not necessarily worth beating your head against the wall *right now* if the fight is troublesome for you.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Are your Phys, Fire, Ice, and Poison resistances maxed?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Majasa is a huge jump in difficulty (it's kind of a problem, IMO), and after beating my head against that wall with my first character, I only fight her after leveling a bunch in monoliths, if at all.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't think I've ever died to Majasa. Certainly died to Lagon a bunch though.

I guess Majasa is more of a gear/build check and Lagon is a skill check. Infer what you will about me from that.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Can you filter for Forging Potential at all?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Just Another Lurker posted:

Can you filter for Forging Potential at all?

No, but the range is based on item rarity.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got to empowered monoliths on my warlock with some dogshit gear and was getting absolutely slapped. dying to everything making zero progress. so i said gently caress it ill try changing to low life now instead of later when i have better stuff. swapping in the required uniques dropped my capped crit avoidance to ~60% and i lost some resistances but i basically doubled my "hp pool" and now im cruising. absolute night and day difference.

i kept seeing "be crit avoidance capped before going into empowered monoliths" so i think i was prioritizing that too much over just slamming hp in affix slots.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Awesome! posted:

i got to empowered monoliths on my warlock with some dogshit gear and was getting absolutely slapped. dying to everything making zero progress. so i said gently caress it ill try changing to low life now instead of later when i have better stuff. swapping in the required uniques dropped my capped crit avoidance to ~60% and i lost some resistances but i basically doubled my "hp pool" and now im cruising. absolute night and day difference.

i kept seeing "be crit avoidance capped before going into empowered monoliths" so i think i was prioritizing that too much over just slamming hp in affix slots.

Yeah, you really need a decently big EHP base to avoid eating one-shots in empowered monos, regardless of armor/resists/crit avoid. Figuring that out and prioritizing it made a big difference.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Are your Phys, Fire, Ice, and Poison resistances maxed?

Yea after the first wipe I crafted up my gear a bit to max everything except poison for her. It's actually the phys damage in phase two that gets me, though, despite being res capped.

Regardless, I'll just come back later. I need to re-tool my build eventually anyways cause my skill point distributions were... haphazard to say the least while leveling lol

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Awesome! posted:

I've never once been crit avoidance capped in this game. Some people think it's far more important than it really is. My highest level character pre-release had 0 crit avoidance.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Erulisse, have you tested LA again yet? Curious if it's based on timeline maybe? I'm running it in stolen lance.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'd say that unlike a lot of other ARPGs, having a decent balance of resists/crit avoidance/armor&dodge are altogether more important than becoming capped in one defensive category at the expense of others. Or just get enough life leech to YOLO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Or just get enough life leech to YOLO.

this is the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Lpzie posted:

Erulisse, have you tested LA again yet? Curious if it's based on timeline maybe? I'm running it in stolen lance.

In ending the storm, zero, nada, null whole day. Both emp and non emp, but not more than 200c, not there yet.
I'll try in lance