Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The entire SEED franchise has a much higher average quality than the entire Dune series.

Brian Herbert and KJA must pay for this travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Lacus Al-Gaib and the Kira Haderach

I mean, both films are about the product of advanced genetic engineering reshaping society through his superhuman powers.

...And now I'm thinking of a crossover where Char is proclaimed Lisan al Gaib. Somehow, this probably works out even worse for everyone.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Char in Dune would be a hell of a thing for a lot of reasons the least of which would be him proclaimed a savior cause of his BS newtype powers

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Char in Dune would be a hell of a thing for a lot of reasons the least of which would be him proclaimed a savior cause of his BS newtype powers

I mean, Char gets a position of authority, hates it, everything gets worse is the basic Char arc. Him accidentally fulfilling messianic prophecies is pretty much guaranteed as step zero in whatever problems come later.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, Char gets a position of authority, hates it, everything gets worse is the basic Char arc. Him accidentally fulfilling messianic prophecies is pretty much guaranteed as step zero in whatever problems come later.

Dune 100% would take his "Lalah could of been a mother to me" issues and ramp them up to a 1000

RandomNetGuyV39
Feb 7, 2024

Arc Hammer posted:

Computer, describe the term "sequel", please.

Oh this so called review of most of the gundam anime by trashfire ANN, As with anything from ANN, I write them off as talentless hacks and watch what I wanna watch regardless what garbage they spew out.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gripweed posted:

The entire SEED franchise has a much higher average quality than the entire Dune series.

let's be fair

you could say that about almost any media property, brian set the bar so low we had to dig a trench

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Tournament time!

Sorry to the Turn A fans out there, but Dianna Soreil lost to Duo Maxwell!
The glasses didn’t cut the mustard, Harry Ord loses to Loran Cehack!

Now for today’s matchups!
Will Neo Zeon reign supreme with Haman Karn in control? Or will Heero Yuy accept the mission?
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1768260816074146206

oh god it’s SEED versus the Char Clone Speedrun with Athrun Zala against Zechs Merquise!
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1768260844511428974

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You need to vote for the Char clone with an affinity for high speed transforming mobile suits and ridiculous swords.

Also silly obvious disguise names that fool nobody and whose girlfriend is cooler than they are.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Zechs is cool when Dekim says “I thought you were dead” and he replies “I was.” I also like that he’s voiced by DIO.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Zechs should win because the tall goose is a cooler design than basically anything in SEED

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The Aegis is pretty cool, but Zechz is the obvious choice yeah.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

They managed to find the absolute worst thumbnail for Athrun goddamn. Should be a slam-dunk for Zechs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vote for the one with the really cool voice actor who was in Evangelion and voiced the protagonist of a Persona game and the villain in a Mega Man Legends and Final Fantasy games

Actually, vote for the one who was in Octopath Traveller 2. Although I guess if you need a tie breaker you could go for the one who voices a major antagonist in a Jojo series.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 14, 2024

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Trap sprung, Takehito Koyasu was also in Evangelion as one of the three techies.

Edit: gently caress I’ve been had

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

how the gently caress did duo win he was getting destroyed last i checked

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Warmachine posted:

They managed to find the absolute worst thumbnail for Athrun goddamn. Should be a slam-dunk for Zechs.

It's funny because there's a reason why that particular shot of him from the movie gets used a lot in promo stuff. Absolute audience pop moment.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

The universe making sure Loran wouldn't have an unpleasant future.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

haypliss posted:

The universe making sure Loran wouldn't have an unpleasant future.

loran was never going to face dianna, haman is winning this tournament

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Warmachine posted:

I think him and Treize were both on the same page about this and committed to 'playing their roles' in this war. White Fang vs. OZ was meant to be this grand orchestration, with Libra's narrowly averted planetfall meant to scare humanity straight.

edit: For this to work, Quinze, Romefellar, Relena, Howard, and pretty much everyone not Zechs or Treize has to be kept in the dark. Also it doesn't work because lol Endless Waltz happens, and sources close to Goons suggest there's something called Frozen Teardrop which also includes more fighting so lmao even.

Yes but they're Mars Suits, not Mobile Suits, in Frozen Teardrop.

Edit: They also said no war in the Earth Sphere. The war in FT takes place on Mars, so, again, Loophole.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 14, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Some of these outcomes have been weird enough (not the winner, but the pattern) that I'm starting to suspect something's up. The number one seed and last year's winner both being eliminated round 1 is... Unusual.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe they saw Dia and accidentally voted Duo

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Some of these outcomes have been weird enough (not the winner, but the pattern) that I'm starting to suspect something's up. The number one seed and last year's winner both being eliminated round 1 is... Unusual.

who the gently caress is sabotaging the duo vs dianna popularity poll

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Clearly it's the "tourists" salty that the Moon Queen beat out Mommy War Crimes.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

who the gently caress is sabotaging the duo vs dianna popularity poll

That guy who refused to believe Turn A's popularity somehow became salty enough to bot strawpoll. :hai:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it's a twitter poll, I assume it boils down to which side cares enough to rig more in the first place.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

it's strawpoll rather than twitter's own polling system, specifically to make that harder to do, so lmao if someone is putting together a real deal botnet to make sure duo beats dianna

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m pretty sure Duo was most people’s favorite Gundam pilot back in the day when Wing was airing on Toonami, I’m not surprised he’s doing well.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Gripweed posted:

I’m pretty sure Duo was most people’s favorite Gundam pilot back in the day when Wing was airing on Toonami, I’m not surprised he’s doing well.

Yeah, makes sense.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm surprised any wing character would have a notable presence in popularity polls, as we have seen in this very thread the broader fandom isn't particularly kind to it and hasn't been for a long rear end time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ninjewtsu posted:

i'm surprised any wing character would have a notable presence in popularity polls, as we have seen in this very thread the broader fandom isn't particularly kind to it and hasn't been for a long rear end time

Gundam Wing literally created most of the western Gundam fandom.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

over 20 years ago yeah, things change over time!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

how well did wing characters do in last year's poll?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the gundam breakers 4 closed beta starts today im midly excited

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I just got to the Mistletoe Asteroid episode in Turn A. All the exterior shots with very 90s CGI make me feel like I'm watching the opening to Space Ghost

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Professor Wayne posted:

I just got to the Mistletoe Asteroid episode in Turn A. All the exterior shots with very 90s CGI make me feel like I'm watching the opening to Space Ghost

I love Harry making his SUMO do a nervous fidget in front of Kihel. The big dandy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Stairmaster posted:

the gundam breakers 4 closed beta starts today im midly excited

I guess it's another console only beta?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ninjewtsu posted:

over 20 years ago yeah, things change over time!

No, people still absolutely love Duo. It's the ponytail I think.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's Scott's voice for me. Worlds oldest teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
duo kind of sucks but deathscythe is kickin' rad.