Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Babe Magnet posted:

imo the pride flag thing is less of an issue because the system of hanging charms from the hooks was in long before pride flag charms were in, and there's not really any other place to put them that other players have a decent chance of seeing any given game (on the gens maybe?)
I think it is exclusively not weird to only people who have already played DbD so much that the game's themes and horror aspects have become borderline invisible to them and it is strictly a pvp time management game. if you take anyone not immersed in the dbd fanbase and show them the murder meathook pride flag they are raising an eyebrow at the very least

e:

more falafel please posted:

every like 5 years this happens when a developer says "this is the most immersive world where literally anything is possible and we couldn't have done it without the superior immersive power of the emotion engineintel core duocell processorgood ram in the ps4ps5" and for whatever reason gamers slop that poo poo up and assume it's literally true. even when they don't say that! todd howard came out and said "hey yall we're making skyrim in space" and gamers were so disappointed that it didn't just let them gently caress the computer and instead was literally skyrim in space
also this kinda thing is very funny because it's the same thing every time-very sad and gullible idiot gamers who just want their perfectly realistic forever game.
if the wheels ever actually fully come off star citizen we are going to see an outpouring of bereaved space dads unlike anything before. hard to talk about it on SA though because the SA star citizen threads kinda wrap around into their own sort of obsession with it

LazyMaybe has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Mar 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

it just kinda feels like trying to cram corporate inclusion into a game and premise that doesnt really fit it. pride flag weapon charms in overwatch, w/e, but while i dont think its the worst thing ever the hooks thing definitely comes across weirder

It's definitely just, because survivors have their charms on their belt and the hooks are the easiest option for the killer equivalent since their models wouldn't look right with the pins on them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

what's funny is they've backed themselves into a bit of a corner there because what's the alternative? you can't display your pride flag in the same place everyone puts their cute animals or ranked emblems? no one can display anything on the one object everyone's guaranteed to look at each game? I don't really blame them for not looking that far ahead, but I'm still gonna lol at them

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

trans michael myers just killed me and you're laughing

transitioning michael myers and they just come out really chill on the other side

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Baffling that they didn't tell the actress what she was voicing. "It's a Mandela Catalog monster" is very simple.

LazyMaybe posted:

even just stuff like the "you can put the pride flag on the meathooks the serial killers hang their victims from :) " is so insanely tonedeaf. dunno wtf goes on behind marketing choices like this

inclusivity win!! the trapper supports gay rights
The actual reasoning is that charms as a whole for hooks and survivors are the obligatory cosmetic no one wants or cares about used to fill out a battle pass and nothing else. So you basically see killers take the most reflective/glowy ones to help with navigation on maps with bad lighting and there is no reason to take any charms on survivors.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

austina powers

e: oh right it's not that one

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

more falafel please posted:

"hey yall we're making skyrim in space" and gamers were so disappointed that it didn't just let them gently caress the computer and instead was literally skyrim in space

I'd be down for skyrim in space with some more deliberately made content but it was more oblivion in space without the personality and even fewer unique POIs

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there's a decent chance they didn't even know what exactly what she was voicing at the time either. the monster just kind of came out of nowhere and the theming is a little weird to begin with. not excusing them or anything because if that were the case they still shouldn't have gone with the skin-stealer theme, but it would at least partially explain their bone-headedness

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Endorph posted:

every couple of months some clip of some twitch streamer who only plays cod and apex talking about games not being fun anymore shows up on my twitter feed, and its like dude you made your job playing poo poo games, go play xenoblade 3 or something

They should join forces with the Total Warhammer streamer who wanted streamers to unionize and force game devs to make good games again (because bad games effect them financially since no one wants to see a bad game streamed)

Endorph posted:

youtube search recently has gotten insanely bad. it seems to favor pushing big channels over anything else. if you search anything remotely video game related you just get a giant wall of asmongold's 15 channels.

I got recommended one of his videos that was him telling people to stop tipping wait staff for some reason and I think its hilarious for a streamer to a tipping abolitionist.

Southern Cassowary posted:

i love searching for something on youtube and then getting:
- four bad, tangentially related results
- a bunch of "you might like this!" videos that have literally nothing to do with what i searched for
- a youtube short of a guy who glued beans to his leg at the beach

Don't forget:

- Previous watched
- The first four bad, tangentially related results again. In case you missed them.

Leal has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Mar 14, 2024

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

There’s a R* sale on Xbox and I bought Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne to play on my Xbox Series X.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Terrible Opinions posted:

Baffling that they didn't tell the actress what she was voicing. "It's a Mandela Catalog monster" is very simple.

The actual reasoning is that charms as a whole for hooks and survivors are the obligatory cosmetic no one wants or cares about used to fill out a battle pass and nothing else. So you basically see killers take the most reflective/glowy ones to help with navigation on maps with bad lighting and there is no reason to take any charms on survivors.

they need to know the leon kennedy they're killing is played by a bisexual

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

TheSwizzler posted:

I'd be down for skyrim in space with some more deliberately made content but it was more oblivion in space without the personality and even fewer unique POIs

oblivion is easily better than skyrim

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Leon is not bi. That is not canon.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
that's true, leon is gay

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

Yep. Game is full of melted putty people and the world looks like Maryland but it has infinitely more memorable quests and NPCs than Skyrim lol.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*bravely* both games are rear end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oblivion also hits a sweet spot where its jank and weirdness becomes charming and memorable. skyrim has a lot of jank but it feels less interesting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Begone

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Morrowind is better than both. Combined.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Endorph posted:

oblivion also hits a sweet spot where its jank and weirdness becomes charming and memorable. skyrim has a lot of jank but it feels less interesting
turning the jank dial back and forth between one end labelled morrowind and the other labelled skyrim while looking at the audience for approval

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

oblivion is more ufn then morrowind

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Famethrowa posted:

now you've done it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

im gonna kick your rear end

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Endorph posted:

The one piece of charming skyrim jank is giants kicking you into the stratosphere

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Leal posted:

Morrowind is better than both. Combined.

Duh!!!!!!!!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Death in German is Tod. Coincidence?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Stux posted:

yeah I was more referring to the cut and paste dungeons, Oblivion was the better one for quests and having a personality, Skyrim's rando dungeons/POIs were mostly better just for being actually created rather than procgened and not repeating but the better overall game was Oblivion

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yeah oblivions quests like the one where you go into a painting and its rendered all weird were memorable. too bad i hated every moment of the spongy combat

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

TheSwizzler posted:

yeah I was more referring to the cut and paste dungeons, Oblivion was the better one for quests and having a personality, Skyrim's rando dungeons/POIs were mostly better just for being actually created rather than procgened and not repeating but the better overall game was Oblivion

the skyrim dungeons arent procgen??

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SirSamVimes posted:

The one piece of charming skyrim jank is giants kicking you into the stratosphere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfCsL9OkLCI

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Stux posted:

Snapped together from parts IIRC, but by hand

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
completely hosed up angular momentum calculations ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HopperUK posted:

Snapped together from parts IIRC, but by hand

i think thats how theyve been doing it since at least morrowind

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
does todd howard have to choke a bitch

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

morrowind had the best combat of the elder scrolls games, unironically. anyone's who's played a real RPG knows that missing because of a behind-the-scenes dice roll is infinitely better than The Bare Minimum Action Combat. It legitimatized your build and functioned as a better representation of your character's actual skills than being able to M1 faster than the other guy

also morrowind had silt striders, and why would I walk when I could ride?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Stux posted:

I love Oblivion but the random non-quest POIs being boring or repeated was the one thing dragging it down and the one thing Skyrim did better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LazyMaybe posted:

that's true, leon is gay

We never see him have sex in canonical media. The only explanation is that he's asexual.