Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm gonna watch The Crow (2024) and I'm gonna have fun. Would be rad if Alamo does a screening or two of the original around release so I can see it on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Skarsgaard looks great and it'll be fun seeing Twigs on the big screen, but leading with a Post Malone song on the first trailer really makes me "question their taste levels" as they say on project runway

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cinema peaked when the Crow wrecked that gangster board meeting while My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult played over it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Speaking of Rob Zombie, wasn’t the latest theatrical rerelease of House of 1000 Corpses in 4K? I’d love to get a 4K blu-ray of it

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

I'm gonna watch The Crow (2024) and I'm gonna have fun. Would be rad if Alamo does a screening or two of the original around release so I can see it on the big screen.

Uodate: they are!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hopefully a lot of places will screen the original. I'd definitely like to see it again on the big screen.

TheChaff
Oct 1, 2004

It's a' me, Mario !!!

Leatherhead posted:

Cold open: A Ghostface is making popcorn when the phone rings. They answer it, and we hear Neve Campbell ask them who the killer was in Scream 1. When they forget Stu Macher was also a killer, the patio lights go up and we see a tied-up Ghostface in a letter jacket.

Sydney: whats your favorite spree killing?
ghostface: columbine, those two dorks remind me of billy and stu

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stopmotion is now available on VOD services

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Debr5KI1QIU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
There's a new version of Outwaters coming out that has an audio commentary of "two detectives investigating the case" layered over it. Sounds pretty neat

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

There's a new version of Outwaters coming out that has an audio commentary of "two detectives investigating the case" layered over it. Sounds pretty neat

That's such a sick idea, will definitely check that out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Detective Audio Version https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie...otage-festival/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Outwaters director also has another ff coming out called Tinsman Road. Looking forward to that based solely on the director

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

It would be nice if like he released it as an audio file or something for those of us that bought the disc already. I dont mind having to sync up basically a podcast commentary over a movie I already own.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I wtached John Bowen's A Photograph last night which is in the john bowen folk horror play for today universe, and... I don't get it. I mean I get it in that I understand what happened, but maybe not why. Maybe I was trying to read more into it then there actually was middle class academic nitwit cheats on his lower class wife because he has a working class fetish, doesn't recognize his wife and/or her brother in drag in a mysterious photo and gets eaten? I thought maybe it would turn out he was gay or sleeping with the brother, but it's all a bit vague Maybe you had to be there in 70s england, or maybe I missed something. Either way it's not bad, but no Robin Redbreast.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's such a sick idea, will definitely check that out.

Are they gonna release another version where you can see what the gently caress is even happening too.

Less an actual complaint and more I just saw an opening

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shudder gonna have a great month in April https://www.whentostream.com/news/heres-whats-coming-to-shudder-in-april-2024 Late Night with the Devil is the 19th, Infested the 26th

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Nice, Mute Witness is gonna be on there. Been meaning to watch that for years and it's never on any service.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Oh cool, Late Night with the Devil's been on my radar (of course it has, I post in this thread).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I saw Baghead when it hit theatres here, it's pretty mediocre, really. Decent if you just want a pretty generic ghost story though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I loved this so much. As creepy as I hoped it would be.

It’s very very hard to watch though

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 15, 2024

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I loved this so much. As creepy as I hoped it would be.

It’s very very hard to watch though

yeah there's some real good disturbing poo poo in this one that was right up my alley.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder if we’ll get a physical release

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

phiz…I..kal? What are these words?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Crescent Wrench posted:

Oh cool, Late Night with the Devil's been on my radar (of course it has, I post in this thread).

I love any kind of movie that has a literal devil who isn't some chaotic monster but rather just someone "doing deals".

Of course the trailer shows crazy poo poo going down but before that it's just someone promising someone something. They take it out of pride or whatever sin and the devil comes to collect.

You don't necessarily need to be religious to appreciate that. It's kind of like someone doing whatever it takes then the destruction as a result.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Justin Godscock posted:

It's kind of like someone doing whatever it takes then the destruction as a result.

this links up so well with stories surrounding network television and celebrity, it's a perfect marriage of concepts

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

What about my sical?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

:negative:

Why hurt me like this?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

The puppet in the thumb looks like the dude from Dracula Flow.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

dorium posted:

It would be nice if like he released it as an audio file or something for those of us that bought the disc already. I dont mind having to sync up basically a podcast commentary over a movie I already own.

It's 360p, but you can always just watch the free version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQqwgk8aH8&t=127s

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheKingslayer posted:

The puppet in the thumb looks like the dude from Dracula Flow.

This stopmotion ain't nothing to me man.

Anyway, I'm excited because I didn't realize Late Night With The Devil is getting a theatrical release here, definitely seeing that next week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Stopmotion is TERRIFIC, exactly what I was in the mood for last night.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

flashy_mcflash posted:

Stopmotion is TERRIFIC, exactly what I was in the mood for last night.

Yeah that was great I didn't expect much but it hit

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This... isn't a horror short? But it is loving nerve-wracking and I was scared out of my goddamn mind the whole time. I have a very specific fear of bridges, so maybe it's just me, but the whole time I was watching this I was literally white-knuckling my couch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHJ0RV7aMV8

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

We have an absolutely terrifying bridge around town that goes from the mainland to an island. It's a pretty modern bridge but it's narrow as poo poo and only two lanes. At one point it becomes pretty steep and you feel like your car might just fall off it into the gulf.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hate bridges, there are some ridiculously tall ones in Vancouver I have to do once in a while and one of the big reasons I hate driving over there.
That one isn't super high at least, but knowing how the infrastructure is in the Midwest I wouldn't want to use it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Another bridge experience I find intense is when the hurricanes are coming in and the water is literally lapping over the barriers on the bridge. Makes me think of Crawl these days just because the bay is absolutely filled with gators.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shrecknet posted:

This... isn't a horror short? But it is loving nerve-wracking and I was scared out of my goddamn mind the whole time. I have a very specific fear of bridges, so maybe it's just me, but the whole time I was watching this I was literally white-knuckling my couch.

Reminds me of the Fascinating Horror Youtube channel. Lots of real life poo poo that's scarier than anything a movie can come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPaBRegvkuQ

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Shrecknet posted:

Haha I didn't even need to click on the video and I thought to myself " I bet this is about that bridge in IL" and it was !

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The old Tappan Zee Bridge in NY was super long and super low to the water. So god help you if you drove it in the rain and wind. The whole thing would sway and water would lap over the sides. Easily some of the scariest experiences of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

STAC Goat posted:

The old Tappan Zee Bridge in NY was super long and super low to the water. So god help you if you drove it in the rain and wind. The whole thing would sway and water would lap over the sides. Easily some of the scariest experiences of my life.

Absolutely gently caress that bridge.

The new one is the only good thing named “Cuomo”.