Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

The Shame Boy posted:

For anybody that played the late game wars in Helldivers 1 that had Super Earth lose, did they make maps that are actual Super Earth city locations or was it always the standard kinda jungle/desert/arctic areas that we kinda have here in HD2? Kinda wondering if/when we will get to such a point this time around.
Yeah all the defend missions (not just on super earth, but any time you're losing a sector) has a city mapset that I wish was in the random rotation too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
reminder that reloads are always faster as long as your gun isnt completely empty

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Was playing with some goons today and amongst other strange behaviors, at one moment in the ship a member of the team was in a perfectly rigid pose, hovering two feet off the ground and just yeeting all over the place. Through walls, through people, just eerily hovering and zooming around at incredibly speed.

Nobody else, including him, could see it. He claimed to just be standing by the armory. Ghost maybe??

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just got the most insane termincide mission. We ran out of reinforcements, it was just me running around kiting bile titans and charger while my teammates kept dying on respawn. It's not a good idea to try snipe titans with your hellpod if your team is out of reinforcements.

Got like 800 kills on helldive for the first time.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Owl Inspector posted:

oh is this a reliable stagger on them once their heads are off? I always instinctively dive away from their last hit and get hit anyway and get mad.

Heck, looks like it's reliable even if they've still got a head.

https://i.imgur.com/AA4Jx2A.mp4
Which presents an interesting option if an enemy's about to call a breach and you don't have a weapon in hand that can stop them.

https://i.imgur.com/Y2npidw.mp4

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Spookydonut posted:

reminder that reloads are always faster as long as your gun isnt completely empty

Not true with the plasma shotgun, it's the same reload either way. Unsure about the plasma rifle but probably the same.

You could argue the revolver is a faster reload empty since you'll spend less time cracking it open and ejecting per bullet, but it's not really a reasonable speed either way.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Not true with the plasma shotgun, it's the same reload either way. Unsure about the plasma rifle but probably the same.

You could argue the revolver is a faster reload empty since you'll spend less time cracking it open and ejecting per bullet, but it's not really a reasonable speed either way.

The scorcher reloads at the same rate regardless of empty battery or no, correct.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So me and my friends are farming up SC to get the new battlepass and I swear it feels like enemy reinforcements are worse than ever since the update, just in time to sell the booster that makes enemy spawns less bad. At the first sign of any trouble at least one enemy in every group immediately, as in with the first shot fired or strategem thrown, will start doing the bug dance or pulling out a beacon. I've watched robots march out from the factory and just instantly pull out a beacon. Patrols will walk right up to us, and one guy pulls out a beacon before any of them even start shooting.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't have the data to prove you wrong but what you are describing sounds normal to me, and it's why I avoid patrols unless I am confident I can burst down every reinforcement-calling enemy in it very quickly. (Which for bugs often means "with one surprise stratagem".)

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Play posted:

Was playing with some goons today and amongst other strange behaviors, at one moment in the ship a member of the team was in a perfectly rigid pose, hovering two feet off the ground and just yeeting all over the place. Through walls, through people, just eerily hovering and zooming around at incredibly speed.

Nobody else, including him, could see it. He claimed to just be standing by the armory. Ghost maybe??

Have you checked your PC for ghouls recently?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

everything that isnt "Rounds Reload" pretty sure?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I think the quicker reload depends if you need to chamber a round or not, so battery weapons never get the "one in the chamber" shorter reload that magazine weapons can.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Tricky posted:

I think the quicker reload depends if you need to chamber a round or not, so battery weapons never get the "one in the chamber" shorter reload that magazine weapons can.

The flamethrower has it too (I guess something needs to be re-pressurized if you fully emptied it?)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Sickle feels really good in terms of sustained damage. The little delay before firing is a good trade off and feels like it still leaves room for the ballistic weapons to be preferable in some situations. After using it a bit today I definitely found myself getting swarmed by hunters or w.e and wishing I had a punisher or breaker to be able to immediately delete stuff that has already gotten too close.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

causticBeet posted:

Sickle feels really good in terms of sustained damage. The little delay before firing is a good trade off and feels like it still leaves room for the ballistic weapons to be preferable in some situations. After using it a bit today I definitely found myself getting swarmed by hunters or w.e and wishing I had a punisher or breaker to be able to immediately delete stuff that has already gotten too close.

I've been rocking the scythe/laser cannon combo for a couple weeks and I'm so used to it that I prefer the scythe over the sickle for this exact reason. It has a much faster spin up time and even though it does less DPS it serves its purpose as a quick-switch from the laser cannon better than the sickle does.

Not sure that would be the case with a different support weapon but the scythe is better than people give it credit for.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 15, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

LazyMaybe posted:

I don't have the data to prove you wrong but what you are describing sounds normal to me, and it's why I avoid patrols unless I am confident I can burst down every reinforcement-calling enemy in it very quickly. (Which for bugs often means "with one surprise stratagem".)

The problem there is that there is literally no surprise anymore. The instant a strategem leaves the hand every enemy in the area knows we exist and is already calling reinforcements and there are no strategems that deploy fast enough to kill them. We were extracting just now and a squad of four bots rush the extraction, stop, and one pulls out a beacon, gets shot, another pulls out a beacon, gets shot and repeat until every one of them is dead only for one across the entire area to pull out a beacon. It feels like calling in reinforcements has become priority number one now.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 15, 2024

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

We need an ingame tracker for these

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You can just hit ESC really quick to check...

If it doesn't show up in the menu then you fulfilled it

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Well guess I'm still learning things about this game

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I found the Blitzer is honestly pretty decent. It fires instantly, you barely have to aim it, and it has unlimited ammo. I like it on defense missions or just for personal defense.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Nuebot posted:

The problem there is that there is literally no surprise anymore. The instant a strategem leaves the hand every enemy in the area knows we exist and is already calling reinforcements and there are no strategems that deploy fast enough to kill them. We were extracting just now and a squad of four bots rush the extraction, stop, and one pulls out a beacon, gets shot, another pulls out a beacon, gets shot and repeat until every one of them is dead only for one across the entire area to pull out a beacon. It feels like calling in reinforcements has become priority number one now.

I'm not sure why that's such a big deal? A dropship brings in about a patrol's worth of enemies and there's a cooldown before they can bring another one in. Meanwhile, you can have patrols spawning like every 10 or 15 seconds under the worst circumstances, and they all path directly to you and dogpile into your firefight.

When that dropship cooldown is up, though, yeah they try real hard to fire off that flare. The best you can usually hope for is to delay it a bit. (Or let them call it down somewhere useless and just leave, and enjoy the breathing room while it's on cooldown.)

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I don’t know what game you were playing previously if you think this is new behaviour. Patrols immediately shooting flares as soon as they see anything and new troopers immediately pulling out flares if you shoot the current caller have both always been a thing, for bugs as well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Triarii posted:

I'm not sure why that's such a big deal? A dropship brings in about a patrol's worth of enemies and there's a cooldown before they can bring another one in. Meanwhile, you can have patrols spawning like every 10 or 15 seconds under the worst circumstances, and they all path directly to you and dogpile into your firefight.

When that dropship cooldown is up, though, yeah they try real hard to fire off that flare. The best you can usually hope for is to delay it a bit. (Or let them call it down somewhere useless and just leave, and enjoy the breathing room while it's on cooldown.)

It's definitely more than ten to fifteen seconds for patrols and they will just straight up spawn on top of you or next to you, it's especially noticable with automatons who make a very distinct marching call and so you can finish clearing an objective and it can be completely silent then, out of nowhere, the marching call will start and there will be about twenty mixed infantry, berserkers and devastators right behind you calling in a bot drop. And it's a big deal because the game didn't feel like it was this overtly cheesy just a week or two ago. Visibility and fog is supposed to matter, but it doesn't seem to either given that we've had automatons follow us across the literal entire map regardless of stealth, crawling, or running in fog so thick we could barely even see the pelican at extraction. Even the lower difficulties have lost their chill and it sucks.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nuebot posted:

It's definitely more than ten to fifteen seconds for patrols and they will just straight up spawn on top of you or next to you, it's especially noticable with automatons who make a very distinct marching call and so you can finish clearing an objective and it can be completely silent then, out of nowhere, the marching call will start and there will be about twenty mixed infantry, berserkers and devastators right behind you calling in a bot drop. And it's a big deal because the game didn't feel like it was this overtly cheesy just a week or two ago. Visibility and fog is supposed to matter, but it doesn't seem to either given that we've had automatons follow us across the literal entire map regardless of stealth, crawling, or running in fog so thick we could barely even see the pelican at extraction. Even the lower difficulties have lost their chill and it sucks.

This has been the behavior since day 1. Maybe you were extremely fortunate in the beginning. Breaches/bot drops have always popped extremely quickly and patrols have always been sneaky (not to mention spawning crazy close at times).

Alternatively maybe you've been extremely unlucky recently.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Yeah I can't say I've noticed any recent change, but the way patrols work is terrible (on top of being buggy) and I hope they rethink them a bit.

The 10-15 second spawn time is if you've done everything to max out the spawn rate in a mission:
- Full party, max difficulty
- Completed the primary objective
- Hanging out near the extraction point or other hotspot
- Cleared the map of enemy bases

It could actually be even worse because if players split up then they each have their own separate spawn timers running in parallel. Also, players dying and respawning accelerates enemy spawns even further, for some reason.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
kill 200 enemies with machine gun.

i deployed with it and only used it, killing 225 enemies for an elimination mission.

return from mission and it says i killed 120 with machinegun

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Spookydonut posted:

kill 200 enemies with machine gun.

i deployed with it and only used it, killing 225 enemies for an elimination mission.

return from mission and it says i killed 120 with machinegun

Elimination mission stats might be fuckey in general? My usual MVP of most stims used in the last one vs bugs was "...FOUR stims? That can't be loving right"

Probably the game handling a server tracked objective poorly. But it would be kind of funny if somebody did a deliberate number tweak on eliminate to stop people from "farming" their goals on it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Section Z posted:

Elimination mission stats might be fuckey in general? My usual MVP of most stims used in the last one vs bugs was "...FOUR stims? That can't be loving right"

Coin toss of the game handling a server tracked objective poorly, or a deliberate nerf to stop people from "farming" their goals.

Something definitely feels fucky about player stats. Like, no, I'm not going to track every bullet I fire and kill I make, but some of the stats just don't look right.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Warmachine posted:

Something definitely feels fucky about player stats. Like, no, I'm not going to track every bullet I fire and kill I make, but some of the stats just don't look right.

I somehow managed a 92% accuracy rate with the machine gun on a mission I was randomly holding down the trigger at groups of enemies in heavy fog for fun. It's definitely not tracking properly.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ArchRanger posted:

I somehow managed a 92% accuracy rate with the machine gun on a mission I was randomly holding down the trigger at groups of enemies in heavy fog for fun. It's definitely not tracking properly.

That dirt was looking at you authoritarianally. A viable target.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
i like the sickle, its way better than the scythe.

seems to nicely headshot warriors without having to stress about small magazine and accuracy like i do with the dominator.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It was very kind of the bugs to begin an alert on an ice planet the same day the Sickle dropped

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

If you kill a person in one shot it seems to not track friendly damage right either. Cus I have definitely had games where I accidentally domed a teammate and got an accidental but no damage to teammates.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Boy this game got real unstable. Tried 3 games and we weren't able to finish a single one without crashing to desktop at some point, which happened only very rarely before. After the 4th game had an infinite load bug we called it a night

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Yeah running into tons of crashes and network issues tonight. It's strange that it seems to happen in waves. Last two days have been fine but a day before that was hellish, and now I can't finish a mission without something loving up today.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Whenever there’s an update or new battle pass think I’ll just wait a day for things to calm down before trying to play

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I am absolutely loving this game, but man do I wish the higher difficulties felt like a more deliberate push into enemy territory, rather than the consistently haphazard, Benny Hill themed antics. I would love the feeling of carefully and strategically pushing into enemy territory, wiping out threats as we go, leaving our rear safe and creating a clear frontline.

Higher difficulty matches are just a nonstop run-fest and whilst it was fun to begin with, it's slowly losing it's lustre because literally all I do at higher levels is run away from the insane hordes of enemy spawns that miraculously appear from every direction. I don't ever feel like I really have any direction or momentum, I'm just kiting enemies until I can slowly clear them out but then more will spawn so you end up running away to the next objective, clearing it, and then again running because you can never thin the horde to the point where an area will calm down.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Qubee posted:

I am absolutely loving this game, but man do I wish the higher difficulties felt like a more deliberate push into enemy territory, rather than the consistently haphazard, Benny Hill themed antics. I would love the feeling of carefully and strategically pushing into enemy territory, wiping out threats as we go, leaving our rear safe and creating a clear frontline.

Higher difficulty matches are just a nonstop run-fest and whilst it was fun to begin with, it's slowly losing it's lustre because literally all I do at higher levels is run away from the insane hordes of enemy spawns that miraculously appear from every direction. I don't ever feel like I really have any direction or momentum, I'm just kiting enemies until I can slowly clear them out but then more will spawn so you end up running away to the next objective, clearing it, and then again running because you can never thin the horde to the point where an area will calm down.

I've seen lots of success playing slow and steady and killing the hordes at Dif 7.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Insert name here posted:

Plus you can blue-plate special the jetpack bots

This is an idiom I'd not heard before! After some googling I'm still not sure what it means in this context - is it that it's a cheap shot? Where's my dictionary of American slang when I need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Triarii posted:

Heck, looks like it's reliable even if they've still got a head.

https://i.imgur.com/AA4Jx2A.mp4
Which presents an interesting option if an enemy's about to call a breach and you don't have a weapon in hand that can stop them.

https://i.imgur.com/Y2npidw.mp4

this looks so rude and so funny I must remember to melee more