Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Made two flavoured vodkas during covid; apricot and prune... the one made with prunes turned out much nicer. :kiddo:

edit: 60, the infinitely useful number... just let time & direction fly & spin through our weird little lives. :wtf:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nenonen posted:

:mods: BAN THIS

Some of us are committed to getting more fruit in our diets. Sorry you hate being healthy :colbert:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

.. the one made with prunes turned out much nicer. :kiddo:

Dye poo poo yourself tho?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Just mix Watermelon Monster with Vodka.

Alright here is your Kate update from the Crazy size of TikTok.

So apparently there was a lawyer/PR team around yesterday and the bbc has been put on notice for some kind of announcement soon. The word is that William got Rose Hanbury pregnant and that it could be a nervous breakdown.

Word is Rose hasn’t been seen either so this could be the soft launch of Rose.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Dye poo poo yourself tho?

The fibre content does not transfer into the alcohol, but as with any alcohol beverage some things can not be avoided if you drink to excess. :barf:

Though Guinness Shits are indeed a thing.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mebh posted:

You probably want Soplica. They do a lot of different flavoured vodkas and gins and they're really nice. It's "only" 28% so you can drink it neat easily.

freezing it into a syrup is a pro move too

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

If anyone's making green drinks this weekend, make grasshoppers

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/grasshopper-cocktail

Jalapeño margaritas are also a good shout.

Look at that beauty.

You can buy a kilo of fresh jalapeños right now btw for a tenner by the way. The crop just came in here in Yorkshire at our local chilli farm.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Starbucks posted:

Oh is that what the SpaceX thing today was?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I tried to do the “fill a watermelon with vodka” once when I went camping as a young ‘un but we took mushrooms and then later fell asleep and woke up to find a donkey eating the melon and our hamburgers

crispix posted:

it is red nose day did yous wear funny nose and head shave bath of beans for to raise money for the starving children in africa hehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehe :holy:
Christ I’d fully forgotten this was a thing, not thought about it in at least five years. Do they still do the car front noses? Haven’t seen those in an age either.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

I tried to do the “fill a watermelon with vodka” once when I went camping as a young ‘un but we took mushrooms and then later fell asleep and woke up to find a donkey eating the melon and our hamburgers

Let's face it, that story is more fun to tell in the years that came afterwards than if you'd drunk the watermelon vodka and probably just had a middlingly entertaining session.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Starbucks posted:

Just mix Watermelon Monster with Vodka.

Watermelon Monster is my vice, but cant find it anywhere locally.
One store had it that one time, I must have bought them all, and never again did they stock it.

Starbucks posted:

So apparently there was a lawyer/PR team around yesterday and the bbc has been put on notice for some kind of announcement soon. The word is that William got Rose Hanbury pregnant and that it could be a nervous breakdown.

So Queen Rose then.
If dad can get his side woman to be Queen.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
This kills the donkey

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

Lmao

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Glad to see so many watermelon-appreciators in this thread. I will track down some Soplica.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ok google can I peg backwardsly someone pregnant?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wish I liked watermelon. Or rather I wish I could eat it without vomiting. It tastes nice, just induces vomiting after more than a small bite.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Watermelon tastes like cat litter to me. Gotta love how brains are just so loving weird when it comes to flavour.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

I wish I liked watermelon. Or rather I wish I could eat it without vomiting. It tastes nice, just induces vomiting after more than a small bite.

maybe you have fodmap sensitivity op

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kecske posted:

maybe you have fodmap sensitivity op

Looking that up nothing else on the list bothers me, especially onion, garlic, bread and cheese I will eat all day.

I think it's probably psychological, I expect it to happen when I eat it so it does.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Vodka, midori and lemonade is a nice melon flavoured drink.

But also you can freeze chunks of watermelon and use them with rum and lime juice and a few other things and make watermelon daiquiri. I forget the recipe I have to look it up every time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mebh posted:

Jalapeño margaritas are also a good shout.

Look at that beauty.

You can buy a kilo of fresh jalapeños right now btw for a tenner by the way. The crop just came in here in Yorkshire at our local chilli farm.

I always like the concept of cocktails and then the reality happens and I just mix spirit with soft drink and call it a day because effort.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm not sure if there's a full plumbing thread but this is a minor problem so I thought I'd ask here.

I have an heated towel rail in my bathroom that is leaking. It's a slow leak, just the occasional drip from what I can see. How do I fix it?

The leak is coming, from what I can tell, from the thick horizontal cylinder pointing into the center of the radiator.

This will be my first time doing any plumbing so step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are mojitos green? I like those, can't tell what colour they are though. I assume green cos of the mint leaves.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

ok google can I peg backwardsly someone pregnant?

m8 I think we need to call a taxi

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Yeah, how the gently caress did Wills get Rose pregnant, you guys told me she was the top.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

I have an heated towel rail in my bathroom

ooooh

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm not sure if there's a full plumbing thread but this is a minor problem so I thought I'd ask here.

I have an heated towel rail in my bathroom that is leaking. It's a slow leak, just the occasional drip from what I can see. How do I fix it?

The leak is coming, from what I can tell, from the thick horizontal cylinder pointing into the center of the radiator.

This will be my first time doing any plumbing so step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Not a plumber unfortunately: if that horizontal piece unscrews you might try some PTFE tape (plumbers tape) on the threads and screw it on again (apply tape in a clockwise direction).

edit: my limited knowledge doesn't cover domestic plumbing. :(

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 16, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

Thanks!

Valve thinhy looks suspiciously corroded. Tighten everything nutty. Put some paper towel down to maybe identify leak. Maybe the tightening fixes it. Otherwise maybe identifies leak and replace accordingly.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

this is also your friend. forget about ptfe most of the time

https://fernox.com/product/ls-x-external-leak-sealer-50ml/

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Are mojitos green? I like those, can't tell what colour they are though. I assume green cos of the mint leaves.

They're more white/cloudy but yeah the lime and mint leaves green it up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also if you are going to dismantle your plumbing it would be advisible to turn off your water at the mains unless you want a permanent indoor water feature.

Also there will likely be water in the radiator so 1. turn off the heating and let it cool unless you want to boil yourself and 2. put a bucket under it because the water will drain out.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Not a plumber unfortunately: if that horizontal piece unscrews you might try some PTFE tape (plumbers tape) on the threads and screw it on again (apply tape in a clockwise direction).

edit: my limited knowledge doesn't cover domestic plumbing. :(

You'll probably have to drain down your central heating system before unscrewing anything though

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Also if you are going to dismantle your plumbing it would be advisible to turn off your water at the mains unless you want a permanent indoor water feature.

its different water

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it's the wrong water gromit

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also yeah central heating is weird and needs to not have air in it after you mess with it so you might need to bleed all your radiators once you fix it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Drag a plumber out to look at it and accept that they're going to think you're incapable, not worth the stress (I can say from experience.)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Starbucks posted:

Chris Evans and Lawrence Fox, I guess complete dickhead is a type.

Billie Piper has been abused imho, Nonced by Chris Evans and then bounced at 25 into a marriage with a man who is clearly completely insane. She needs to wrtite the book about it all and get heavy therapy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

josh04 posted:

Drag a plumber out to look at it and accept that they're going to think you're incapable, not worth the stress (I can say from experience.)
To paraphrase the old saying, it's better to call them out and have them think you're incapable than attempt it and end up proving it (and have to call them everywhere) (and have loads of shitey water everywhere).

Even if it probably is just the outer bit of the valve and no more difficult than replacing the o ring on a tap, I'd rather not mess with radiator valves.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

cowardice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Don’t drink watermelon vodka. Drink normal vodka mixed with watermelon juice.

Or just neck 10 doubles of gin and lemonade like
I just did and go home and have a big joint like I’m going to do

Follow the Jakabite school of drink and drugs imo

E: I’m really good at it I’ve even had sex once cos of this