Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Awesome! posted:

oh huh, this 2lp wraithlords harbour i found awhile ago is worth a fuckton apparently.

e: basically insta-sold at 18 mil. i had 1 mil before lol.

I am realizing that the auction house faction is absolutely the way to go. Getting bigger loot pinatas and better affixes is cool but if you are hunting for specific uniques its rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is it tough getting the exalted you want to use with the LP unique? Or is that an easy purchase off the AH as well?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
i made a guy that is one of those marksman trap builds, where you are marksman for detonating arrow and get the explosive trap node that procs it and splash ballista and get the explosive ballista and it's really fun

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I hit 100 on my warlock and also finally got an Immolator's Oblation after ~25 soulfire bastions. It's only a +4 damage roll but did come with 1 LP which I smashed and hit a necrotic resist affix so that's decent for now. I've tried a number of versions of warlock at this point and it's definitely a powerful class but I've still never completely accepted that most loot that drops is a screen behind me, and with how much value there is in exalted items that is tough to deal with.

I only took my falconer to level 82 so I'm planning on messing around with him a bit more now to see if there's a build that clicks for me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
exploding ballista bugfix coming. It wasn't supposed to hit as much of the screen as it does.

quote:

With 4 points in Armed Construction and no other sources of increased area:

50 Dexterity
Before the fix: 8.1 radius
After the fix: 4.67 radius

100 Dexterity
Before the fix: 13.5 radius
After the fix: 6.037 radius

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok fine but can we get some positive bug fixes too? my dodge -> armor conversion in ghostflame is still broken

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Where do y'all go for build recommendations? I dunno how good Maxroll is for this game and I have no idea how to tell who on youtube does and doesn't know their poo poo.

Also, I'd love some goon recommendations for a tanky melee build with some good looking VFX attached to soothe my dumb lizard brain. I'm leaning toward Tempest Strike but IDK if it should be a beastmaster or shaman.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just make your own builds. You can in this game

The only irreversible choice is mastery

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Awesome! posted:

ok fine but can we get some positive bug fixes too? my dodge -> armor conversion in ghostflame is still broken

they're obligated to nerf fun first because the public has spoken and said that they want their fair shot at the leaderboard, even though most of that public plays less than an hour a day and would never have a fair shot at the leaderboard under any circumstances

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

euphronius posted:

I know, but sometimes I like having a blueprint to follow and right now I'm too lazy to look through skill trees for synergy. I'm happy to let someone else optimize for me, if the guides are out there.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Some people (me) like a paint by numbers experience.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Making your own builds in this is definitely easier than other ARPGs, but way harder if you've never played one, or played Diablo. I usually pick a build from maxroll and then see if I can find someone else doing it better

comedy option: Icy Veins

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there some kind of multiplayer on their roadmap which approximates drop in/drop out greater rifting from D3? I'm getting tired of playing single player but I don't want to have to constantly coordinate with people I know playing

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Suprfli6 posted:

I've still never completely accepted that most loot that drops is a screen behind me, and with how much value there is in exalted items that is tough to deal with.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm sure I miss a lot of things even though I try to play where I can see it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cthonic fissure is an amazing button to press.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A Moose posted:

comedy option: Icy Veins

What's the story there?

Comedy option, incompetent... or both?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did they shorten Lagon's Temple or had I just been going the wrong way the whole time

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Just Another Lurker posted:

What's the story there?

Comedy option, incompetent... or both?

They were originally a site for WoW builds, and since expanded to a bunch of games but they're usually terrible beyond the very basics.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A Moose posted:

They were originally a site for WoW builds, and since expanded to a bunch of games but they're usually terrible beyond the very basics.

Thanks, i get to dodge that bullet then. :tipshat:

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Mr. Baps posted:

Where do y'all go for build recommendations? I dunno how good Maxroll is for this game and I have no idea how to tell who on youtube does and doesn't know their poo poo.

For Youtube the main thing is seeing actual gameplay footage.

If they are doing monoliths look at the block of text on the right and the enemies haxe xxx% more damage and health line. It roughly correlates to the current corruption level once you start pushing. If it's over 200% the build probably is worth considering. If it's below 200% the person likely hasn't spent time optimizing and testing the limits of the build. If the block of text is missing or it has no % or 60% then it's phoned in and you want to look for a different guide.

Good builds go well above 200 corruption, but pushing is mostly about investing time and builds that are smooth at 200 or 300 corruption are typically going to be smooth up to and beyond 500. At the moment, really good builds are farming comfortably fast up to around 600-700 corruption and bug abuse builds are pushing 1000 corruption without trouble.

(For builds pre-1.0, the more damage line used to be only half the value of current corruption and it would scale more slowly past 250. I would look for at least 150% to 200% in the more damage line for good pre-1.0 builds.)

If there is footage from a dungeon you want to see the text on the right say "substantially more" in the lines related to drops or see the more health and damage at around 270%-330% when fighting the boss. That indicates they are doing the tier 4 version of the dungeon, which is equivalent to like 200 or 250 corruption in monoliths. Also look for boss kill times under 1 minute, longer than that means very weak single target damage.

Next to the skill bar there is a vertical bar that is typically like teal colored and functions as a ping indicator and if that's missing they are playing offline. Playing offline means they can edit their saves and add unrealistic gear or set their corruption to whatever level they feel like and there's a good chance the build won't be smooth to play if you are putting it together legit.

Maxroll is the most well curated list of builds out there, but has some duds. Best way to tell if a maxroll build will be good is checking the author. Volca and Bina builds are reliably good. Terek's leveling guides are fantastic. McFluffin builds are good but he doesn't min/max them super hard so you can probably find a better version or optimize them further yourself. LizardIRL has great Lich, Necromancer and Runemaster builds. The rest of his builds are older and copied from the community and I don't think he ever played them himself. They have some good tech but are outdated and some of the builds just aren't good any more. The Roid Mage build from VisionGL is fine. The Dive Bomb and Devouring Orb builds from Boardman21 I'm not sure about.

Some decent build sources on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/@PerrythePig - meta builds with minor hispter touches
https://www.youtube.com/@Alliee - meta builds, a little bit clickbaity
https://www.youtube.com/@TheCurseBG - meta builds, some experimental builds, a little bit clickbaity
https://www.youtube.com/@Dr3adful - offmeta experimental stuff, with some highlights of very strong builds from the community
https://www.youtube.com/@lizardirl, https://www.youtube.com/@BinaQc, https://www.youtube.com/@volcavids, https://www.youtube.com/@Terek_LE - the core maxroll team, they make some guides on youtube that aren't written up on maxroll
https://www.youtube.com/@Boardman21 - casual, easy to follow leveling and beginner builds
https://www.youtube.com/@amityqt - mad scientist of LE, not a prolific video maker but a lot of his tech gets used by other build creators
https://www.youtube.com/@trikster08 - rogue guru
https://www.youtube.com/@maomaosgaming423 - lich guru
https://www.youtube.com/@Mistia42 - player from Singapore that is kind of a bridge to the chinese speaking LE sphere, infrequently posts some crazy builds.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
26 unique daggers. Zero smoke weavers.

Definitely going merchant guild next season.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Reading about Merchants makes me sad. CoF is a good idea but not specific enough to overcome RNG

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Even if you follow a build I say experiment and try lots of poo poo out. The game is made for that afaict and it’s fun.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Hit Man posted:

Reading about Merchants makes me sad. CoF is a good idea but not specific enough to overcome RNG

CoF is for me, a person who would rather do drat near anything else than gently caress around with a marketboard.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Not useful for me, but interesting. First time I've ever seen a triple-exalt drop. 3 x T6 and a T5.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

CoF is for me, a person who would rather do drat near anything else than gently caress around with a marketboard.

Same. I play solo and I like finding stuff and not interacting with other human beings even through a market interface.

I changed up my WraithLord build, dropped zombies and picked up Bone Curse instead. I can't clear huge packs of junk mobs quite as fast, but it's easier to keep the Wraithlord constantly fully buffed since the cooldown is shorter and mana is never an issue. I also gave up a significant amount of damage (probably 1/3) in order to change out some gear for more health, so I'm regularly sitting at 5k ward now.

Ghostflame is pretty underwhelming as a movement skill, even if it is an excellent defense skill, so I may drop it for Transplant at some point. I haven't really decided on that yet.

I wish there was a way to Loot-Filter idols by 'affix', but I can't seem to do it, so I have to mouse over every single idol looking for the health ones that I want. Next to impossible to find ones that have both affixes that I want.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

euphronius posted:

cthonic fissure is an amazing button to press.

it’s true

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

The Locator posted:

I wish there was a way to Loot-Filter idols by 'affix', but I can't seem to do it, so I have to mouse over every single idol looking for the health ones that I want. Next to impossible to find ones that have both affixes that I want.

You can, the affixes for Idols are all in their own category though.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Hit Man posted:

I used the two multi items and the unique item for prophecies and was able to get 2 3lp exsanguinous in 30 minutes. the struggle of cof is more in the boss related drops having high lp. the rest is about understanding the mechanics and how to target farm effectively. cof/ssf is not for brand new players who want to compete, just like any other loot based game

e - the high lp boss drop issue also gets solved with higher corruption anyways. the higher you go, the more you fight the boss, and the more chance at higher lp per boss fight.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I unlocked empowered Mono's on a few of my characters but I'm kinda "maining" my Swarmblade Druid to farm drops for alts. Anywho......

I am trying to farm up the Stormcarved Testament (https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/items/UAwVg7ATAjALEA) and it says to Farm up Lagon. I assume that means that I do empowered "Ending the Storm" hunting unique's/exalted on the map until I can rush Lagon.......wash and repeat?
Is that the basics of farming unique's you want? I need one for both this Druid and my runemaster

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's dropped by Lagon specifically, so just complete your echoes as fast as you can to get the Stability to do the Monolith quests and punch Lagon in his big dumb face

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Sab669 posted:

That's dropped by Lagon specifically, so just complete your echoes as fast as you can to get the Stability to do the Monolith quests and punch Lagon in his big dumb face

edit: dumb question

Thank you!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm not sure if Empowered has any better chance of dropping the item itself, but it would effect LP so yea it's preferential for that + more xp

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

as long as it isn't a 50/50 item, more rarity will help it drop and gain lp. also, the frequency of the boss encounter will rise with your corruption

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

This is really in-depth and helpful, thank you!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

LibrarianCroaker posted:

You can, the affixes for Idols are all in their own category though.

Ah, I'll poke around in there again, thanks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

If I launch an Offline character, will I eventually be able to bring it online? I'd like to play with friends in the future but don't want to deal with server poo poo while I'm leveling.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
No

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anyone else is looking for a merchant guild specific "valuable poo poo" filter i just found this one https://arreatsummit.gg/last-epoch/loot-filters/65f475d57b1bedde122822c8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Thank you