Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

very risky blowjob posted:

digimon called, and they're running out of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

very risky blowjob posted:

digimon called, and they're running out of you

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'd like to take this moment to apologize to Lulu

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I'd like to take this moment to apologize to Lulu

and you are right to do so

:hai:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

owns

those metal moves tho. woof

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Using lulu's overdrive and completely Mario Partying my palm only to do less damage than firaga

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

now tanemon i can get into

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given the success of games like Dwarf Fortress, Factorio and such, I'm pretty sure SimRefinery would have had way more legs than you'd think. Heck, even Transport Tycoon and such. There's something a lot of people find very satisfying about setting up resource production and refinement infrastructure.

I mean it's literally a talking plant creature saying that to you. Makes about as much sense as anything else in the Digital World.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

x, x-2, and xi are the best final fantasy games. By a large margin.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
none of those games feature lightning so im afraid they can tie for second

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lulu is great and I dodged all 200 lightning bolts for her. I've never played X-2, I keep meaning to go back to it

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
pokemon raises so many questions. digimon gives you answers- meat is grown from the ground, duh. oh and as you recruit more mons that do farming, they expand the farm and the previous farmers get to chill in nice potted soil as a reward for their hard work

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Favorite Lulu tidbit: the only reason Paine exists in X-2 was because the original idea to have Lulu be the third party member was shot down because she's too smart to get up to the kind of bullshit the party does in the game

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Cranappleberry posted:

pokemon raises so many questions. digimon gives you answers- meat is grown from the ground, duh. oh and as you recruit more mons that do farming, they expand the farm and the previous farmers get to chill in nice potted soil as a reward for their hard work

one thing about pkmn that always confused me is that meowth learned how to speak human language to impress a crush, which implies every pokemon can gain the ability to speak. so is meowth the only pokemon that is biologically able to talk in the pkmn world or are all the others simply unwilling to learn?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cranappleberry posted:

the old Digimon animes are so much fun because they're basically exploring a Digital World that makes very little sense, with random poo poo like phone booths and cable cars sitting around in wilderness, a half-sunken ship in the middle of a lake, and the most functional stuff are an automated factory that puts together useless widgets and then takes them apart again, and a fully functional cruise ship that sails through the desert. Vibes of a video game world build by janky procedural generation and/or plopping down assets randomly to provide adventure setpieces. I think that's probably canon.

euroshopper posted:

one thing about pkmn that always confused me is that meowth learned how to speak human language to impress a crush, which implies every pokemon can gain the ability to speak. so is meowth the only pokemon that is biologically able to talk in the pkmn world or are all the others simply unwilling to learn?

It might actually be the latter! Aside from Pokemon with psychic communication like Mewtwo and Latias. That said, it's actually canon that all the mental capacity that went towards learning to walk on two legs and speak human means Meowth now kinda sucks at actually being a Pokemon, it used up his move slots so he can't learn Pay Day, which is a recurring source of angst for him, and other Meowth think he's a total weirdo.

Though funny thing, apparently irl cats do have the vocal capacity to speak human language if they were able to learn it, or something close to it.

Ghost Leviathan has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Mar 16, 2024

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

lulu is great and I dodged all 200 lightning bolts for her. I've never played X-2, I keep meaning to go back to it

x-2 is great. great job system, fun jobs, cool costumes, girl power

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

khajiit soon to be canon

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

euroshopper posted:

you're a goon; surely you understand not wanting to talk to people

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thinking of that one scene in FF14 where you can see Lulu's bottom half but they just didn't bother with her belts so its just a grey blob.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
FFX rules because even both of Seymour's parents are like "yeah we hosed up raising this thing pretty bad can you kill him for us"

Also after all the Maesters are dead nobody tells Shellinda despite her now being in charge of the entire theocratic government noe

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

euroshopper posted:

They can understand humans just fine. And the humans they have a bond with can understand them just repeating their name a bunch and doing pantomime just fine too.

No point going through all that trouble so you can communicate with a bunch of strangers and weirdos

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Detective Pikachu speaks English (to like. One guy. But still)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Heath posted:

Detective Pikachu speaks English (to like. One guy. But still)

Human soul trapped in Pokémon body. Completely different situation

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They can understand humans just fine. And the humans they have a bond with can understand them just repeating their name a bunch and doing pantomime just fine too.

No point going through all that trouble so you can communicate with a bunch of strangers and weirdos

Basically, Groot is a Pokemon. called Iamgroot.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Pikachu giving it's big speech from the hospital bed about how it wants to defeat Raichu without evolving brings tears to my eyes, too

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pokemon is fun because I get to walk around drunk yelling at kids and animals without the police showing up every loving time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

in the Fire Red/Leaf Green version of the original pokemon games they changed the old man trainer type's name from Gambler to Gamer.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Gamer is the superset

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm a rambling gaming guy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum they turned the Gambler trainer type into Detective.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I'm a rambling detective guy

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

bring back gamblin to pokemon

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What Pokemon is most likely to get addicted to gambling? Haunter seems like a roulette guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pokemon go to draftkings.com

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

a meowth having to loan his gold coin as collateral lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

come on man just float me another 50 chips i'll do anything
/

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nidoking with head in hand and a full ashtray trying to figure out how to explain to his wife that he just lost their life savings on the horse races

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it would be mr. mime. topic locked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

cubone betting his skull on craps