Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

GrrTeam posted:

AMERICAN TAXPAYERS GET BARBEQUED- TINA TOON

Haiti is the first country in the western hemisphere that eliminate slavery. Slaves who worked the sugarcane plantations vastly outnumbered their French overlords during Haiti’s revolution, which lasted from 1791 to 1804. All white people were killed—men, women, and children. Haiti has been suffering upheaval and tribal wars in some manner ever since. The Haitian army tried to invade the Dominican Republic and lost. They then resorted to fighting each other.

Haiti’s leaders were tyrants waiting to be overthrown. Their latest ‘government’ fell last week. The country is now being run by gangs, and gang warfare will probably go on for a long time. Meanwhile, the Haitians will rapidly find clean drinking water and food in short supply. There have been reports of voodoo and cannibalism.

Naturally, there are cries to rescue Haiti with money, troops, and aid. This has never worked. Hillary Clinton knew it wouldn’t work—maybe that’s why she and Bill kept the donations meant for Haitians after the devastating earthquake in 2010. Many years have passed and there’s little evidence of rebuilding. Trump bluntly called Haiti a ‘poo poo hole’ and he was right. Certainly not all Haitians want endless strife, but a great many do—just ask “Barbecue,” one of the gang leaders. He enjoys it.

Biden has already imported millions of ‘undocumented’ foreigners speaking foreign languages and with foreign cultures into America, without time for them to assimilate by means of the ‘melting pot.’ Instead, America is getting balkanized. Crime is rampant. Joe, like Barbecue, seems to enjoy it. Just watch—he will now insist we import millions from Haiti. After all, if anyone anywhere in the world is poor and suffering, Joe wants them here. Pedo Joe wants foreign children here, too—to be put into sex trafficking.

The Haitians will almost certainly come here by the millions. They will collect free stuff—and taxpayers will pay for it. Some Americans will pay for it with their lives.

Christ the racism on display. “Haiti was doing great until the slavers got killed :smith:” is a hell of a take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The Islamic Shock posted:

This is very likely going to be the default conservative response to capitalism failing us from now on.

I mean, it's been that way for a while, the idea that someone's a "token" and whatnot. It's part of their standard bullshit.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Gotta say, didn't see "black people are inherently cannibals and thats why we can't let them in the country anymore so they dont eat us" becoming a mainstream right wing talking point this quickly.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Christ the racism on display. “Haiti was doing great until the slavers got killed :smith:” is a hell of a take.

Kellies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
change kellies nomination category to most visible bigotry at this point, christ

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"glorp"?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is there any confirmed cannibalism? All I see are faked stuff like Halloween party photos falsely shown as racist fearmongering

Seems like one of those things where we learn in six months it was basically a single mentally ill person that bit someone ,and it was entirely bullshit that will nevertheless be peddled as fact until the sun burns out.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Pants Donkey posted:

Is there any confirmed cannibalism? All I see are faked stuff like Halloween party photos falsely shown as racist fearmongering

Seems like one of those things where we learn in six months it was basically a single mentally ill person that bit someone ,and it was entirely bullshit that will nevertheless be peddled as fact until the sun burns out.

From what people have been able to determine, the videos currently circling the right wing media are a couple years old. Whether or not they're actually authentic is more up in the air, since it's very possible that it's a "ooh look how hosed up we are, don't gently caress with us" tactic that some gangs or cartels do, but they sure as poo poo aren't a fair descriptor of the current Haitian political or cultural state. Haiti looks pretty dire, don't get me wrong, but people here are mostly using it as an excuse to be super loving racist.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on rumours of Boris Johnson’s return – The former prime minister is expected to campaign in ‘red wall’ seats in the forthcoming general election"

Telegraph:

Shapps calls for defence spend increase in a ‘more dangerous world’

Matt:

Putin rigs Russian election with ‘menu of manipulation’

Independent:

Michael Gove names groups under consideration for ‘extremism’ ban

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
After the slaves revolted and all the white people were killed, all of them, the people of Haiti resorted to fighting each other. This was the reason for all of Haiti's troubles to date. For the entire remainder of Haiti's history, all white people in the globe were not interfering at all and definitely never had anything to do with any problems Haiti may have had. They were all nothing but supportive and wished the new republic run by ex-slaves the best in all regards. Further, think about the term "voodoo". It's a scary word and black people do it. This concludes my presentation.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Angepain posted:

After the slaves revolted and all the white people were killed, all of them, the people of Haiti resorted to fighting each other. This was the reason for all of Haiti's troubles to date. For the entire remainder of Haiti's history, all white people in the globe were not interfering at all and definitely never had anything to do with any problems Haiti may have had. They were all nothing but supportive and wished the new republic run by ex-slaves the best in all regards. Further, think about the term "voodoo". It's a scary word and black people do it. This concludes my presentation.

Additionally, there was a bit of a disagreement between Haiti and France that was solved by the wronged party being paid substantial reparations. Obviously this was, uh, *glances notes* France giving a metric poo poo ton of free money to the Haitians.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This is great. For various reasons I've spent several years of my life around people in their early twenties learning to live fully independently. One of the biggest recurring frustrations was learning to cook, and specifically that a lot of recipes are written with time schedules that assume that you're a professional chef who can dice an onion in ten seconds.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol collins never misses

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Grr Team posted:

After all, if anyone anywhere in the world is poor and suffering, Joe wants them here.

"Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free - LOL NO J/K, gently caress 'em, gently caress all of them, and gently caress trying to do anything to make their home country less miserable. The US would only fail anyway, the US failed before and that absolutely guarantees the US would fail again, not that we care, we only care about taxes."

"What? Joe deported nearly all the Haitian refugees congregated in Texas a couple years ago, except for the unaccompanied minors allowed to stay on humanitarian grounds? No, that didn't happen. They're all still secretly in the US and the minors are being trafficked right now. Source: we made it up, just trust us bro."

(Okay, Grr Team didn't say "that didn't happen, they're secretly in the US" but I know right-wingers who have.)

Victar fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 15, 2024

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Angepain posted:

The best part is that, while I'm not going to deny that massacre of 1804 was real, "all whites were killed" isn't even true. Poles (who were sent there to suppress the revolution but most of them deserted and joined Haitians) and Germans not only were spared but actually granted honorary citizenship. All it took to survive was, you know, not being a slaver.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Szarrukin posted:

The best part is that, while I'm not going to deny that massacre of 1804 was real, "all whites were killed" isn't even true. Poles (who were sent there to suppress the revolution but most of them deserted and joined Haitians) and Germans not only were spared but actually granted honorary citizenship. All it took to survive was, you know, not being a slaver.

Plus a bunch of slavers made it off the island, some of whom were sheltered by Thomas Jefferson who suddenly forgot about how awesome he used to think periodic revolutions were and how much he'd claimed to hate aristocracy.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Yes, but you're forgetting that facts don't care about your feelings, and the fact is that Tina wants to be wildly racist.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the thing that bothers me unnecessarily given all the other awful things, is the fact they got him speaking French. They speak Creole there! Acting like they know Haiti and its history.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Castle is the treasurer Jim Chalmers. Nation's science agency CSIRO hits back at Dutton claim that nuclear power costings were 'discredited' (ABC).

Rowe:

Australia to resume funding to UN Palestinian aid agency UNRWA (ABC).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Victorian premier Jacinta Allan with climate change & energy minister Chris Bowen. Renewable energy projects 'acceleration' by the Victorian government draws the fury of farmers (ABC).

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I dont know posted:

120 decibels is really loving loud, equivalent to a gun shot or emergency vehicle sirens. Loud enough that continuous exposure can cause permanent hearing damage in less then a minute. If assholes want to put on headphones and blow our their eardrums, fine, go nuts. But having external speaker on cars blasting that noise for no reason is a public nuisance.

If you listen carefully, you can hear Payne pleasuring himself right now.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think the thing that bothers me unnecessarily given all the other awful things, is the fact they got him speaking French. They speak Creole there! Acting like they know Haiti and its history.

In "fairness" to Tina don't most Haitians also speak French? And would presumably not be speaking Creole to the white people they're cooking. It's still racist as hell but that's the least of the problems with this cartoon and rant. That said having lived in both NYC and Florida I've seen a bunch of signs in Haitian Creole so I'm not an authority on this question.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 16, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Douglas Adams did this bit better, Collins. Sorry.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

In "fairness" to Tina

Gonna stop you right here bro. Don't.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"glorp" is not onomatopoeia for anything in french

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Bill Bramhall

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

When Republicans are in charge of justice, it involves indiscriminate killing. A good cartoon.

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jeff Koterba

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Lee Judge

The other two animals in this cartoon should have been a unicorn and a chimera.

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Rivers

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ha ha our enemies are so bad they're almost us

Victar posted:

"Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free - LOL NO J/K, gently caress 'em, gently caress all of them, and gently caress trying to do anything to make their home country less miserable. The US would only fail anyway, the US failed before and that absolutely guarantees the US would fail again, not that we care, we only care about taxes."
A lot of conservatives have pivoted in the last few years from disagreeing with/resenting that poem, but trying to rationalize it, to just openly hating it. Pretty sure the whole plaque's gonna be removed at some point if Trump takes office.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

In "fairness" to Tina don't most Haitians also speak French? And would presumably not be speaking Creole to the white people they're cooking. It's still racist as hell but that's the least of the problems with this cartoon and rant. That said having lived in both NYC and Florida I've seen a bunch of signs in Haitian Creole so I'm not an authority on this question.

So you're brushing up against a really complex question, because language is a lot more complex than you realize unless you think about it a lot. I happen to have some degrees in it that aren't being used for anything else and not much else to do on a Friday night, so I thought I'd try to answer your question. Or at least reframe it in a more nuanced way.

So you probably haven't thought very much about what a language actually, you know, is. "English" means something very different from something like "dog". With "dog" I could go grab a bunch of dogs and show them to you, point to it and say, "these are dogs" ; in theory we could collectively as a species gather up all the dogs in the world in one place as a handy reference for what "dog" means*. (This is usually deemed inadvisable.)

A language isn't a concrete object you can pick up and hold or cut apart or touch. It's the ability to communicate with other people via a specific system ; you don't know Japanese, you know how to Japanese at someone so they understand you and you can understand when they Japanese back at you. When you know how to speak a given language, you're a member of a speech community the catch-all term for anything from ASL to Mandarin to 1337 h4x0rz sp33k that has communication inside a group but not outsiders. It encompasses words like "dialect" or "language" or "slang" or "regionalism" : those can all be speech communities. So when you say something like, "John speaks French," the meaning could be (weirdly and) academically rephrased as, "John belongs to the speech community of French speakers." You're asserting that you could go find a random francophone in the wild and John would be able to have a (probably kind of awkward, considering) conversation with them.

Now because membership in groups is always something that humans are going to make messy, there can be charged disagreements about what counts as being part of a speech community. My undergraduate syntax professor had a great story for this so I'm just going to steal it : he and his wife did their honeymoon europassing through the Balkans and over the course of that he'd picked up some semi-tolerable Croatian (as one does) ; at some point they were riding a night train getting drunk with a bunch of Serbian soldiers (who hasn't) : it wasn't until hours later (and a lot of booze) that it suddenly got extremely tense when they realized they weren't speaking the "same" language.

There's also the inverse where people get lumped into the same nominal speech community but can't actually communicate. Most so-called dialects of Chinese and Arabic (to pick two prominent examples) are not mutually intelligible without great effort and/or education, they're grouped together for a complex set of political/religious/identity reasons with there being a nominal """""standard""""" form that can be used by people who don't share a variety otherwise.

So what we have is the actual ability of people to communicate, a real phenomenon we can see in the world and get people to show us they can do, and a complex series of labels that are going to get mediated by all the normal lovely human stuff. Far too many folks don't want those people in their speech community ; they speak the bad kind of language unlike this group who speak the right kind of language They want to use language as a way to punch down, just like they use everything else**

Further complicating this is the nature of Haitian Creole and creole languages in general. A creole language, in technical linguistics terms, (which Haitian happens to be, thankfully***) is a fully developed communicative form with native speakers that has evolved from a pidgin. A pidgin, again as a linguistics term, is a severely reduced form of language lacking complex syntactic forms and vocabulary used as a temporary means of communication under duress : these aren't just not "real" languages because your 5th grade English teacher was racist, they're fundamentally missing giant chunks of the stuff that makes a language a language and they’re fleeting, never having any native speakers. Sometimes they come into being for relatively benign reasons like trade (Russonorsk was a pidgin used by Russian and Norwegian traders a century and change ago), but lot of them are from slavery and war and all the other not-fun reasons why people suddenly need to communicate. Creole languages are what happens when children are raised only being exposed to a pidgin and make a new language out of it****.

But we’re still talking about speech communities here! There isn’t some abstract HAITIAN concept floating out there telling people how to speak, it’s a label for what people are doing. And like all people, they’re going to vary based on a lot of things. They actually vary a lot in how “French-like” they are based around how much those slaves talked to other slaves or native French speakers. And the same speaker can speak Haitian differently by adjusting the little internal dial on how “French-like” they’re being for a variety of social reasons.

So when you ask, “Are they speaking French or Haitian Creole?”, what you’re asking for is a political judgment based off of demonstration of a larger, more complex communicative ability.

*You might scoff at this meaning of "dog" and instead want something like "small to medium sized animal, fur, walks on four legs, says, 'woof', licks own balls". That's very natural and you'd find a version of it in the dictionary, mostly like sans ball-licking. But what you're doing here is describing the meaning, as if you were trying to teach someone the meaning, which is distinct from the actual meaning. If some horrible string of freak accidents were to leave a dog hairless and/or mute and/or ball-less and/or reptialian, we wouldn't be able to graph its level of "dogitude" across the interval ; the state of being a dog is binary and seems to involve some kind of abstract membership in the class of dogs. A loooooooot of formal semantics is using mathematical set theory to model how natural speech works. It's really cool.

**Language can also of course be used in many positive ways but jesus christ do you see how long this post is getting

***Many languages that are technically creoles have the word "pidgin" in their names and many pidgins have the word "creole" in theirs ; it's incredibly annoying.

****I’m summarizing the central question of an entire academic sub-discipline in one sentence, don’t put anything load-bearing on this.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Xiahou Dun posted:

So you're brushing up against a really complex question, because language is a lot more complex than you realize unless you think about it a lot. I happen to have some degrees in it that aren't being used for anything else and not much else to do on a Friday night, so I thought I'd try to answer your question. Or at least reframe it in a more nuanced way.

I would personally appreciate it if you would make posts like this whenever the opportunity arises.

Xiahou Dun posted:

So what we have is the actual ability of people to communicate, a real phenomenon we can see in the world and get people to show us they can do, and a complex series of labels that are going to get mediated by all the normal lovely human stuff. Far too many folks don't want those people in their speech community ; they speak the bad kind of language unlike this group who speak the right kind of language They want to use language as a way to punch down, just like they use everything else**

And then there's the concept of linguistic registers, which I personally find fascinating, possibly because I myself have difficulty adapting to them properly. (Short version for anyone else reading this: you speak differently to your manager at work or during a presentation than you do with your friends. Which, of course you do, but why and how?)

It's also relevant to the purpose of the thread. Look how the writers of these cartoons construct the dialogue for their characters. It's easy to see indicators of someone being one of those people, or what the writer imagines those signifiers to be. (Remember the roosevelts from Day by Day?) Having the character use language in a particular way is supposed to shape your opinion of that character, and thereby reinforce the point of the cartoon. We also make judgments about the authors of the cartoons based on the way they speak outside of dialogue and what dialogue they put in whose mouth (see Carmen from Prickly City).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Xiahou Dun posted:

So you're brushing up against a really complex question, because language :words:

No offense, but a goddamned Garrison cartoon doesn't deserve this much intellectual effort.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Female artists are disappearing from print comics at chain newspapers
Creators are thriving in other mediums. Are print comic strips nearing the end?
Possibly better suited to the comic strips thread; I dare not go there for fear of suddenly losing several hours. Folks, please, please pay for the journalism you consume.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Delusion by Cai Meng

Hot air by Luo Jie

Inflated problem by Luo Jie

'Scary China' by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Haïti : face au chaos, le premier ministre démissionne/Haiti: Facing chaos, the prime minister resigns by Yas from France

by Emanuele Del Rosso from Italy
"Chainsaw."

L’Europe vote la première loi de régulation des IA/Europe votes on the first law regulating AI by Kroll from Belgium

The AI Act
"Well?"
"What does it say?"
"Do you understand?"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Delusion by Cai Meng

drat imagine if a country used propaganda. that sure would be hosed up wouldn't it, China Daily

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oooh, this loving cartoon. I work in the norwegian equivalent of pre-school and a couple of points:
Free pre-school is a loving excellent idea and is something Norway is trying out now in parts of the country.
Pre-school is not just about glitter and glue (although it is that too), it's about laying the foundation for a good childhood. I work with language, social skills and motor skills. I even work on fundamental democratic skill as kids in pre-school has a right to be heard and influence.
I know that McCoy won't like this but I also work on diversity by making sure that everyone, regardless of gender, religion or ethnicity, is acknowledge for who they are. Like i have a bunch of stuff that I am bound by law to teach to kids in pre-school and folks like McCoy who thinks that pre-school is a box you put kids while you work piss me of.

Anyway, have a cartoon who has become somewhat controversial in my country:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Enjoying 'ethnic food' isn't either, and I suspect Fishman knows this. Pretending that you know more about certain food than people of those cultures because you ate it a few times isn't either, that's just "being a dick."

But I guess Fishman pronounced aloo gobi wrong once and now everything is liberals.

:regd08:

Xiahou Dun posted:

[good effortpost about a cartoon that did not deserve it]
Sir, this is a Chomsky's

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

Words words words

Great post, very interesting and informative

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

For a McCoy, this one's charming in a boomer way. Those parents are so stoked that they tricked their son into cleaning his room.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Alhazred posted:

Oooh, this loving cartoon. I work in the norwegian equivalent of pre-school and a couple of points:
Free pre-school is a loving excellent idea and is something Norway is trying out now in parts of the country.
Pre-school is not just about glitter and glue (although it is that too), it's about laying the foundation for a good childhood. I work with language, social skills and motor skills. I even work on fundamental democratic skill as kids in pre-school has a right to be heard and influence.
I know that McCoy won't like this but I also work on diversity by making sure that everyone, regardless of gender, religion or ethnicity, is acknowledge for who they are. Like i have a bunch of stuff that I am bound by law to teach to kids in pre-school and folks like McCoy who thinks that pre-school is a box you put kids while you work piss me of.

It has huge benefits for the kids, it's also really important for working parents. It has huge benefits for every segment of society with the exception of this patents rich enough to afford childcare without it being a burden. Naturally these assholes hate it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to nominate that one for a
Kellies Nomination: Most Wilfully Dense

Because there's no way that even McCoy is so stupid as to think that preschool is about resume padding rather than, idk, preparing someone for school, which in turn prepares them for higher ed.
And on top of that it's a huge return on investment and public saving, as proven by the most famous long term study, Perry Highscope.

Although I'm also happy to take him at face value and assume he's a stupid motherfucker who dropped out of kindergarten.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I dont know posted:

It has huge benefits for the kids, it's also really important for working parents. It has huge benefits for every segment of society with the exception of this patents rich enough to afford childcare without it being a burden. Naturally these assholes hate it.

The one thing I'll give him is that part of it is correlation and not causation, as in parents from certain segments of society are much more likely to send their children to preschool, and that's one of the biggest reasons that it's associated with positive outcomes. Any study that investigates its effects would have to control for that.

But I agree that it's beneficial in general, and anything that allows parents to easily combine employment and childrearing should be encouraged by the government. But I guess that's socialism even if it encourages people to start families, which theoretically they should be in favor of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's exactly what Highscope's Perry Project sought to study though:

quote:

123 preschool children with risk factors of failing in school were randomly divided into two groups. One group entered a high-quality preschool program based on HighScope’s active learning approach, and a comparison group who received no preschool education.

The Perry Project was conducted from 1962–1967, but led to a longitudinal documentary as we continue to follow the Perry Preschool participants throughout their lives in this landmark study that forever changed the trajectory of early education.

It works amazingly well even when those factors are taken out and McCoy is a disingenuous dick.