Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Mr. Baps posted:

Not that I remember, no. But IIRC there was a weird mechanic where multiple casters could channel the same spell and it'd charge up faster? I never saw it in action because if I was playing sorcerer I wasn't bringing a sorcerer pawn.

Called Mirror or Synchronized spells, it reduced cast times for every participant doing the same spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
this one appears to also have that

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Don't make me tap the OP title image..

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 16, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1768758562279616865

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ability to remove individual teeth pays off.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Mr. Baps posted:

In most games people who pick the basic Man Who Fights class deserve to be mocked for being the blandest most boring gamers on earth, but Dragon's Dogma makes even the basic fighter a whole lot of fun so it's fine.

If you never once branch out into anything else, though, then you might be the human equivalent of a bowl of plain oatmeal.

I also like oatmeal with butter and nothing else, maybe chicken if I need protein

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Weird thing to give a poo poo about, honestly

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Maybe the game being in the wild before the street date will make Capcom decide to release early, as a treat

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Magmarashi posted:

Weird thing to give a poo poo about, honestly

For some, it can hard to give a poo poo without their oatmeal.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NeurosisHead posted:

Maybe the game being in the wild before the street date will make Capcom decide to release early, as a treat

It was on Twitch for around 4 hours today.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

FF7RB has a mind flayer that escaped from Baldur's Gate 3 so more crossovers are good.

I wish you could tweak individual hair styles though. Like flip/reverse and change the length of specific parts. I think the KMMO Black Desert Online let you do this.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Me 'n' the Pawns on the way to fight the dragon:

lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Got my weird fat skeleton cat who skipped leg day

And his cool fighter friend with a mysterious past

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I'm not seeing any real hype around the Trickster...is there just not a lot of info on them currently?

It SOUNDS interesting but I'm leaning Spearhand for sure.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'm not seeing any real hype around the Trickster...is there just not a lot of info on them currently?

There's plenty of info, it's just so odd that no one has anything to say till we play it.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Trickster looks cool but it seems like it's going to depend really heavily on how competent pawns are, both in general and the particular crew you have. I want to try it out but not as much as I want to try Spearhand, or Warrior, or Sorcerer, or...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Trickster is an odd one because it's not really a vocation where damage is the focus. Definitely seems like a make or break sort of thing that will be heavily influenced by the pawns you have and their inclinations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Trickster looks cool but imo what makes it not very appealing compared to the other vocations (at least for now) is that being a support class in a single player game just doesn't have the same hook as in a co-op game and also the emphasis on gravity kills might give it a limited utility. I'm still holding out hope for a more offensive summoner vocation that plays like V from DMCV but it's probably just copium.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

For me it's like... Tricksters don't seem to have a weapon that can fight, it's more like a casting tool. I haven't seen them actually hit anything or do anything but run around and trick people, which is absolutely fine because that's in the name. But meanwhile the other classes are flipping or flying around, smacking dudes in the head, shooting fireballs, etc - it doesn't really look as interesting in comparison.

Still gonna try it out of course, because there's been interesting footage of how enemies respond to the environment around them. The Tricksters job is to turn the world into a weapon by drawing aggro. It makes me think of the videos that have shown stuff like destroying a small dam of water to kill a cyclops, or destroying a rope bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hman7xDg8jI

I would be curious to see some Trickster gameplay put into the Warfarer class. Paired up with Mage or Sorc it could be very powerful to get enemies to be exactly where you want them.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 16, 2024

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Trickster fights through aiding their pawns and doing shenanigans. We’ve seen that they have tools to do things other than gravity kills.

AoE buffs, debuffs, a mist dragon to knock over large enemies for pawns to wail on. Probably the most important skill I’ve seen is their ability to astrally project and scope out areas as a spooky fog ghost, which seems important for a class that heavily favors planning out your angle.

We know there’s more than that, but what we’ve already seen shows they have tools to interact with a fight beyond doing Wile E Coyote antics

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Mr. Baps posted:

Trickster looks cool but it seems like it's going to depend really heavily on how competent pawns are, both in general and the particular crew you have. I want to try it out but not as much as I want to try Spearhand, or Warrior, or Sorcerer, or...

It's an interesting concept, but it looks like a concept that will ride or die on how much pawn AI has improved from the first game. DD1 had a number of enemies that pawns were bad at dealing with themselves, like Metal Golems, which were tedious for non-bow vocations to deal with.

It also looks like a vocation that could get hard countered by fights with solo enemies that have no cliffs or other environmental hazards to exploit.

If it isn't done right, the best Trickster could end up being a Warfarer, since they'd be able to switch to a backup weapon if the pawns can't handle those enemies.

Wyvernil fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 16, 2024

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I rememeber in DD1 picking the assassin cus all the dope moves and the mage has little baby fireballs and then regretted the hell out of it when i saw late game casters making GBS threads out tornados
I hope to not make the same mistake

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Upsidads posted:

I rememeber in DD1 picking the assassin cus all the dope moves and the mage has little baby fireballs and then regretted the hell out of it when i saw late game casters making GBS threads out tornados

mage was better as support for me because those spells take a geologic age to wind up

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

as long as i can still ignore fall damage with helmsplitter...

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I just finished a play through of DD1 last night, and as much as I love my Assassin main, the caster pawn having elements specific to each enemy brought them all down so much faster.

e: 9:10 this video shows lots of good snippets of enemies (mainly cyclops) responding to the world dynamically. Falling over face first and smashing its face on a rock, tripping into a canyon but catching the other end to save itself (then the player can walk across), and the more common bit of footage where it is washed away by a flood of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_ao7jWZj0&t=548s

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 16, 2024

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Pawn! What is best in life?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Especially love the eyes on this one.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Do we know yet if there'll be more hair colors at a barber or something once we're actually playing the game? I miss having the fun hair colors that were in DD1, like blue and green.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

No, we don't know. The "exotic" colors or whatever you wanna call them were unlocked by buying them in DD1, so there's reason to hope for the same here.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

The colors we have are in a group called "Base Colors" in the picker. Assume as you wish.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

K8.0 posted:

The colors we have are in a group called "Base Colors" in the picker. Assume as you wish.

$14.99 color packs

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

I'm sure Capcom has horrible DLC plans for this game, but dyed hair color I actually expect will be purchasable through RC just like DD1.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Upsidads posted:

The moves were dope, though. Assassin ftw.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh loving hell, Capcom is giving Asmongold an official pawn spot.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Oh loving hell, Capcom is giving Asmongold an official pawn spot.

:chloe:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
So I get to throw Asmongold off a cliff?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

So I get to throw Asmongold off a cliff?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Mr. Baps posted:

Ichiban Kasuga looking Arisen, and the most Sujimon looking pawns you can find in the rift.

e: Honestly, an Ichiban Arisen with Nanba, Adachi and Saeko pawns would make for a hell of a playthrough.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
On the flip side, WoolieVs is getting a pawn. Good for him. Good for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Suzi is getting one and her vids are cool. Good for her.