Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Don't follow the Jakabite school of thought I was there for the sex and seeing that poor doll's suffering was earnestly harrowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
https://twitter.com/bensharp555/status/1768695754661454169

the full set of rambling about pets can be found here: https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2024-03-15/debates/CD456FEB-9942-469A-9841-6A9224220284/AnimalWelfare(ImportOfDogsCatsAndFerrets)Bill

in case you think this reflects too well on the labour party, for balance i will also show their twitter account attempting to do a meme? or something? whatever this is

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1768630604415832187

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Starbucks posted:

Alright here is your Kate update from the Crazy size of TikTok.

So apparently there was a lawyer/PR team around yesterday and the bbc has been put on notice for some kind of announcement soon. The word is that William got Rose Hanbury pregnant and that it could be a nervous breakdown.

Word is Rose hasn’t been seen either so this could be the soft launch of Rose.

On the subject of Rose, she got married to her husband when she was 19 25 and he was in his 40's. They got married two days after the engagement was announced, and around three months later she gave birth to twins. He's spent most of his time since then living in Paris with his openly gay roommate, and she's never lived more than 15 minutes away from William. One of the twins was a page boy at Charles and Camilla's wedding.

There's a non-zero chance that those twins are William's, and as such could have a direct claim to the throne.

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1768619726177960029

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 16, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
have they got dragon eggs?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i wonder if the m25 closure is related

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
feel like i've seen the "let's take some pictures of someone in a chicken suit" bit twenty times before. these political stunts need to get some new material

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Like Comic Relief it’s a bit of a classic, I think they did something for Corbyn. As for Rose twins and William I think that’s pretty likely, but as for Charles getting his side piece / William they need to… you know, deal with the problem.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

oi so seriously where the fucks our princess hey

Most charitably, the Palace said on Jan 17 that she'd be out till after easter, so is there a reason we seem to be disregarding that? Notwithstanding the gently caress-up with the photo.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

The photo, not seeing the children either, secrecy of it, fact they rolled her out in heels with the baby like a day after, no information.

It’s just suspect that’s all. If it wasn’t for the clearly not in March photo there wouldn’t be much said about it.

I have been fairly invested purely because I could do with a little crazy but believable conspiracy theory, but that photo put things into overdrive.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Starbucks posted:

not seeing the children either

Is that confirmed? they're not at school?

quote:

secrecy of it,

They flagged it beforehand though, they said we'll see you after easter

quote:

fact they rolled her out in heels with the baby like a day after

Well yeah because that's the future monarch, that's the point of the whole thing. "Abdominal surgery" is different.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Is that confirmed? they're not at school?

There's evenings weekends and half-term mate

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The kids are always off-limits outside of agreed photo ops. Them "missing" is in people's heads.

I'm gonna stock up on some tinfoil for my baking, I feel we might have a shortage coming on.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's sufficiently obvious by now that there's something funny going on, it's nice of the Royals to keep up the secrecy, so we can all have fun speculating :)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

But why isn't Alan Cumming narrating the whole shebang :smith:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm not sure if there's a full plumbing thread but this is a minor problem so I thought I'd ask here.

I have an heated towel rail in my bathroom that is leaking. It's a slow leak, just the occasional drip from what I can see. How do I fix it?

The leak is coming, from what I can tell, from the thick horizontal cylinder pointing into the center of the radiator.

This will be my first time doing any plumbing so step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

*tuts*

*shakes head*

*sucks teeth*

You're looking at a new thermal carbinorator, that'll set you back £400 but I'll do it for £200 since I'm here

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm not sure if there's a full plumbing thread but this is a minor problem so I thought I'd ask here.

I have an heated towel rail in my bathroom that is leaking. It's a slow leak, just the occasional drip from what I can see. How do I fix it?

The leak is coming, from what I can tell, from the thick horizontal cylinder pointing into the center of the radiator.

This will be my first time doing any plumbing so step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You'll probably need a new valve. They're not expensive and a plumber can do it in under an hour so its not that bad. If they can lock the heating loop off before the towel rail they wont even need to drain the system and refill.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

To paraphrase the old saying, it's better to call them out and have them think you're incapable than attempt it and end up proving it (and have to call them everywhere) (and have loads of shitey water everywhere).

Even if it probably is just the outer bit of the valve and no more difficult than replacing the o ring on a tap, I'd rather not mess with radiator valves.

Plumbing's just water lego.

As long as you've got a bucket and a towel handy there's a limited amount of water that will come pissing out of there (assuming you're not simultaneously filling the system for some reason, make sure your boiler doesn't do that automatically or anything) so buy a part, grab an adjustable spanner and go hog wild attempt the replacement. Worst case you leave your heating off until you can get someone proper in to fix your gently caress up, best case you learn a new skill and are more confident the next time.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of Rose, she got married to her husband when she was 19 and he was in his 40's. They got married two days after the engagement was announced, and around three months later she gave birth to twins. He's spent most of his time since then living in Paris with his openly gay roommate, and she's never lived more than 15 minutes away from William. One of the twins was a page boy at Charles and Camilla's wedding.

There's a non-zero chance that those twins are William's, and as such could have a direct claim to the throne.

I think the more likely option is that Rose's husband, David Rocksavage, is gay. But as he is nobility, he needs to have an heir. So makes a deal with Rose, "let me breed you, then I can go back to breeding my boyfriend."

The twins were born in 2009. Which means unless the affair has been going on for 15+ years, they are unlikely to be William's.

Now Rose's other child (her daughter Iris) was born in 2016. That's slightly more plausible given the rumours of the affair being found out in 2019. It's still a long shot.

Now a hypothetical new Rose baby? Could very likely be William's.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

PriorMarcus posted:

Other people have posted helpful suggestions, but for the record there is a plumbing thread.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'll do pretty much anything around the house but plumbing is one thing I dont touch because you can think what you've done is absolutely fine and then a few years later your ceiling caves in because its been leaking slowly the entire time.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Then you fix the ceiling

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Still don't know whose genius idea it was to have loops of stagnant water all over the house for heating.

The Romans taught us how to do ducted central heating, the Victorians knew that water only went to the scullery, sink, and outhouse, and Lord Kelvin gave us perfectly serviceable compressed gas transfer.

Then some genius comes along and says "how about we cut through half the joists and fill it with water?"

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

In a decently insulated house air conditioning heats a room up faster than a radiator, and provides cooling in the summer. Our obsession with radiators is crap.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

serious gaylord posted:

I'll do pretty much anything around the house but plumbing is one thing I dont touch because you can think what you've done is absolutely fine and then a few years later your ceiling caves in because its been leaking slowly the entire time.

I'm wary of anything hidden away (although I've just installed a new toilet that involves some boxed in pipework) but a radiator valve is pretty visible. If it starts leaking slowly... well, it looks like how it already does.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
this reminds me that the water in block went off a couple weeks ago, with the building management and thames water trying to shuffle it off onto the other (it turns out it was thames water after they'd turn a valve somewhere while doing some maintenance)

the initial contractor sent out couldn't do a thing because he'd been given wrong/old info and had no idea where to look, but we did find a flooded basement which also had an electric box wrapped in DANGER DO NOT TOUCH tape

anyway we recently got a message from the management:

quote:

In the area in question, which we understand used to be the boiler room, there are two outlet pipes which for whatever reason we have yet to determine why, discharges water into this area. There does not seem to be any pattern to this which makes it more frustrating. We believe that it can only be coming from either the commercial unit opposite, or from the flats above.

Temporarily, we have installed a pump in this room to pump the water to a nearby drain. This will help us avoid having to have the water removed from the area and prevent any water building up.

We will then need to start in the commercial units, and then in the flats directly above carrying out a number of dye tests to see if the flats discharge into the room.

We’ll shortly be arranging a visit with the commercial unit, and then we will work our way up the building by visiting each flat.

love to have mystery pipes flooding our basement for some unknown reason

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Nuclear Spoon posted:

this reminds me that the water in block went off a couple weeks ago, with the building management and thames water trying to shuffle it off onto the other (it turns out it was thames water after they'd turn a valve somewhere while doing some maintenance)

the initial contractor sent out couldn't do a thing because he'd been given wrong/old info and had no idea where to look, but we did find a flooded basement which also had an electric box wrapped in DANGER DO NOT TOUCH tape

anyway we recently got a message from the management:

Jesus christ how long has it been doing that? Was the room just fully underwater??

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
no clue, i only recently started talking to other residents (i've lived here for nearly 3 years but been mostly an antisocial hermit) who were aware it was a problem. "it's flooded AGAIN? i thought it was drained a couple weeks ago"

it was definitely at least a couple feet deep though, poor plumber was wearing trainers so unable to really go wading through

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Rappaport posted:

But why isn't Alan Cumming narrating the whole shebang :smith:

I dunno but Alan Narrating looks like he’s having a great time

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

The way it's phrased it seems a bit like an exercise to fob off a big bill onto some poor hapless bastard who probably has no idea that the place he is renting/owning causes the basement to flood.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

On the chicken thing. If you think about it, if it was anything more funny and subtle the Tories wouldn't understand it and would brush it off as woke garbage. As would labour probably these days.

However you KNOW they're fuming at people in chicken outfits, and are genuinely upset at being thought of as cowards. It gets to them because they are thin skinned cowards and the truth hurts.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of Rose, she got married to her husband when she was 19 and he was in his 40's. They got married two days after the engagement was announced, and around three months later she gave birth to twins. He's spent most of his time since then living in Paris with his openly gay roommate, and she's never lived more than 15 minutes away from William. One of the twins was a page boy at Charles and Camilla's wedding.

I am pretty sure illegitimate children specifically do not have a claim to the throne or a lot of successions would be way more complicated.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1768751111438041543
I bet the mad fuckers will do it too

The Question IRL posted:

The twins were born in 2009. Which means unless the affair has been going on for 15+ years, they are unlikely to be William's.

I've seen it mentioned in a few magazine articles that William was madly in love with Rose before he proposed to Kate, echoing the situation between Charles and Camilla. I don't believe her husband is the father of the twins due to the very rushed nature of the wedding followed by the birth three months later.

As I said, it's a non-zero chance, but it would also be the funniest timeline if the royal fisticuffs end up turning into duels with swords and pistols, culminating in "Hail King Alexander Hugh George Cholmondeley, Earl of Rocksavage, King of England!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just pick a more sensible system than heredity, like getting a bunch of bishops to hotbox a garden shed and watching that chimney closely.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just have an election jfc

This was in relation to the current gov but also can apply to head of state

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
no we need a tory leader who will lose by only 15 points instead of 20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Head of State by PR election, anyone can run, no parties, top 36 candidates assigned to a roulette wheel.

If it comes up zero either rerun or we go without for a few years.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

I don't believe her husband is the father of the twins due to the very rushed nature of the wedding followed by the birth three months later.

As I said, it's a non-zero chance, but it would also be the funniest timeline if the royal fisticuffs end up turning into duels with swords and pistols, culminating in "Hail King Alexander Hugh George Cholmondeley, Earl of Rocksavage, King of England!"

See in my opinion, the rushed nature of the engagement/wedding was because he wanted to be sure that she was preggers and past the main danger zone. Once it looked like she was a runner for having his kids, then he gets married.

But I can understand the thinking behind twin princes.

It must suck how one of the twins (Oliver) was made a page of honour at King Chalres coronation, but not Alexander. Like with twins at that event it should have been both or none.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 16, 2024

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

keep punching joe posted:

Just have an election jfc

Election sounds like a big mess, why not just pick another PM and go with that

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I propose a celebrity deathmatch form of politics: There are 650 MPs, but only 427 physical seats in the House of Commons chamber. So we arm them each MP with a ceremonial mace, and we let them fight it out. The winners will be those who have successfully retained a physical seat while also retaining their life.

It would make politics much more interesting

e:

feedmegin posted:

I am pretty sure illegitimate children specifically do not have a claim to the throne or a lot of successions would be way more complicated.

I think that illegitimate children become automatically legitimised if the parents end up marrying, so it would need William and Rose marrying.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have played elden ring yes.