Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Just keep watching until you stop liking it.

Community College Scrubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

TVIV exists to give people who don’t enjoy TV a place to half watch something, miss all of the important plot and context, and then complain about it online.

Oh sorry it’s also for brain-damaged theorycrafting and for latching on to the dumbest, least consequential things and driving them into the ground

Hahaha gently caress, I forgot about some of the weaponised autism deep dives with the theory crafting during game of thrones heyday.

Air Skwirl posted:

Ehh, Mao had some good ideas about landlords.

Edit: for some context my rent is getting jacked up so I have to move and I get more Maoist every time that happens. I was a down right capitalist when I had an apartment that didn't raise my rent for 4 straight years.

I'm just razzin' ya mate. That fuckin' sucks about your rent though, sorry to hear.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BlindSite posted:

Hahaha gently caress, I forgot about some of the weaponised autism deep dives with the theory crafting during game of thrones heyday.

Royally Tired: Qames of Thrones conspiracies

Royally Wired: Princess Qate conspiracies

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nothing funner than the AssCreed thread, all of them posting nonstop about how much they hate AssCreed…….ive only played Valhalla and I love it

I also Looooove Stardew and if you haven’t seen it Ape is dropping a huge update soon

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 16, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It is a horrible series of awful games, but it was obvious midway through the first one when you got repeatedly pulled out of the Assassinatin' to do some TPS reports and fill in your corporate goals for the year so complaining about it now is poor form

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It also clearly says Ubisoft on the box

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

It also clearly says Ubisoft on the box

Fix It Again Tony

Dammit Dale that’s FIAT

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Best part about Ford is they circle the problem

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My dad was a Mustang guy, catching poo poo from my Mopar and Chevy uncles ( all 3 worked on the 1970 Nova, all tube body that would run 14s from the garage at Terminal Island in Long Beach) Dad worked for a tow company for years in SoCal, my knuckles still hurt stripping down cars every weekend, talking razor blades over the entire body, the 67 2+2 fastback was the worst all primer 3 layers of paint with air brushed lightning bolts

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Freaquency posted:

TVIV exists to give people who don’t enjoy TV a place to half watch something, miss all of the important plot and context, and then complain about it online.

Oh sorry it’s also for brain-damaged theorycrafting and for latching on to the dumbest, least consequential things and driving them into the ground

The Wire thread is good

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nothing and I mean nothing has made me laugh as hard since Dating Game Sony in 2002 AND

Like Dune? Yeah dune your mom.

I laughed so hard I had to leave the room.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Origins Wolverine is very stupid but fun don't at me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Android Apocalypse posted:

Luckily HBO is showing X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Dear lord don't do that to yourself

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's wild how they've gotten and continue to get better since going the thrash route what... twenty years ago?

Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes was definitely formative for me in highschool.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Community was good but the longer it went on the worse it got. I have zero desire to ever rewatch any of it even though the early seasons were good

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nodoze posted:

Community was good but the longer it went on the worse it got. I have zero desire to ever rewatch any of it even though the early seasons were good

Agreed. I’m worried that the early seasons won’t hold up anymore either.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I also Looooove Stardew and if you haven’t seen it Ape is dropping a huge update soon

Me and the lady spent a lot of hours co-oping Stardew last year, it’s real fun up until the point where you’re just making money to make money.

Kind of interested to see what this update is for, but I really wish Concerned Ape would focus on that Witch College game or whatever he teased like six years ago and hasn’t made any update since

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a sexual elk posted:

Nothing funner than the AssCreed thread, all of them posting nonstop about how much they hate AssCreed…….ive only played Valhalla and I love it

I bounced of Valhalla hard the first time trying to play it but I think I was burned out from having just played Odyssey.

Started playing it again recently and it is pretty great. The Dawn of Ragnarok DLC is loving awesome.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Some of you don’t remember the magic of the Lost threads in TVIV

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I sure remember the Jack Bauer Power Hours

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I think I spoke too soon on Disco Elysium. I sort of crested the plot and loving sprinted through the end. Incredible game but it ended up with less meat on the back end than I was hoping for—particularly with so much storyline remaining with Klaasje’s corporate espionage poo poo, the impending class war and the Claire’s Union poo poo.

I still give it like an 8/10 but when it broke open it broke WIDE open and it didn’t feel particularly challenging in that final sprint. Just tons of exposition.

Did you nap before the final encounter?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Did you nap before the final encounter?

On the island? yes I got the dream sequence

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Season 4 of Community is definitely the worst overall. Five gets better and six is really good. Even in season 4 though there are some gems. Season 5 brings in Jonathan Banks as a memeber of the group, and then season 6 brings in Keith David and Paget Brewster who are both stand outs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The dream sequence in Disco Elysium is so loving good. It might be the most devastating moment in a game full of emotional terrorism.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grozz Nuy posted:

The dream sequence in Disco Elysium is so loving good. It might be the most devastating moment in a game full of emotional terrorism.

I was like ”cool I can give her the figurines finally” then I saw the suitcase and she told me she aborted my child intentionally but was pregnant with someone else and hrnghhhhhh what a loving dark game.

When I first woke up and kitsuragi was gone, I was *sure* I was going to find him dead on that chain in the water.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

I do

I'm still mad about loving purgatory

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember one of my irl goon friends talking about how insane The Battlestar Galatica TVIV threads were way back in 08 or whenever that show was popular.

I never managed to read that subforum myself though.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

So is the Switch Lite still an ok buy for young kids, or should I just avoid it? We have a normal Switch that my oldest uses, but my middle kid gets jealous now, but is also still relatively destructive, so I was thinking the Switch Lite, suitably bumped, could be a good option for him.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

T-Square posted:

Me and the lady spent a lot of hours co-oping Stardew last year, it’s real fun up until the point where you’re just making money to make money.

Kind of interested to see what this update is for, but I really wish Concerned Ape would focus on that Witch College game or whatever he teased like six years ago and hasn’t made any update since

And a bunch of small QoL fixes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Season 4 of Community is definitely the worst overall. Five gets better and six is really good. Even in season 4 though there are some gems. Season 5 brings in Jonathan Banks as a memeber of the group, and then season 6 brings in Keith David and Paget Brewster who are both stand outs

When I rewatched the show a few years back, season 4 is a step down from the previous seasons, but I still thought overall it was entertaining. There’s a subset of internet fans out there who make that season out to be like the final med school season of Scrubs or the post-Michael Scott seasons of The Office, but it’s not nearly as big a change as those.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Watched Megamind with the kiddo today and something about it feels very early to mid 2000's. Was surprised to find out it came out in 2010.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Whatever season had the Dean rap is saved by that alone

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

a neat cape posted:

I sure remember the Jack Bauer Power Hours

Loved those threads and the kill count.

re Community chat: it’s a shame that unless you get the DVDs or :filez: you can’t watch “Advanced Dungeons and Dragons”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shrimpy posted:

re Community chat: it’s a shame that unless you get the DVDs or :filez: you can’t watch “Advanced Dungeons and Dragons”

I love that the only actual change brought about by all the protests over cops murdering black men with impunity is a handful of episodes of television were taken out of circulation.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

I’m so stoked, the tropical island never really grabbed me but I’m still going to play through the whole game again because I’m a sicko

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My kids love Stardew but their favorite thing is making a new character and replaying the opening 4 hours or so over and over and over. So I’ve never seen deeper into the game than that lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quiet Feet posted:

Watched Megamind with the kiddo today and something about it feels very early to mid 2000's. Was surprised to find out it came out in 2010.

Megamind is super underrated and I don't even tend to like Will Ferrell movies

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I GUESS we could start a new farm if you’re gonna twist my arm about it :v:

Our current farm pretty much just consists of me making dozens of barrels of wine in my deluxe shed and aging that and cheese in both of our basements, and her growing weirdo crops in the greenhouse and replicating all the seeds and I got bored of the late stage stuff

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Air Skwirl posted:

I love that the only actual change brought about by all the protests over cops murdering black men with impunity is a handful of episodes of television were taken out of circulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODgu_-rR1X8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, a question: Is this a douchey move?

I’m buying a 2024 Toyota Venza. Going back and forth with the dealer and I asked if they could throw in a free oil change on my Tacoma. I wasn’t insisting on it, I just need an oil change and asked if they would do it.

In the end, they didn’t. But was that a douchey thing to ask for? Braks was laughing her rear end off while I was on the phone.